Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 56 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 56 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lifera
Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Voting17Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Voting19Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Voting18 
puneet
Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Voting17Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Voting19Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Do you have 'normal' hand lines?

4 posters

Go down

Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Empty Do you have 'normal' hand lines?

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:38 pm

Do you have 'normal' hand lines?

People often wonder about certain details in their hand lines, but basically THE major characteristics of your hand lines are expressed by the combination of only 3 lines (which are known as the 'primary lines'):

1) The life line
2) The heart line
3) The head line

Below follow a few interesting details that you might want to know....!

Yes ... First of all, about 98% of people have 3 primary lines: which implicates that about 2% have a 'complete' simian line in one of both hands (in males the percentages is significantly higher: close to 3%, while in women the percentage might even be below 1%).

day dreaming ... Second, the 3 primary lines usually manifest as 'independent' lines: often there are no connections at all among the three lines (this is seen in at least one hand in about 25% of the general population) - though in the large majority of people in one or both hands the head line is connect to the life line.

hand dance ... Third, the two most common hand lines variants are PIC 300 and PIC 310: see the picture A below. About 70% of people have one or both of these two typical variants in BOTH HANDS!

[Only about 5% do not have at least of these two most common variants in any of their hands- which implicates that these people have in both hands a variant that relates to the simian line, Sydney line, transversal heart line, or a (complex)combination]

Picture A: the two most common major hand line variants.

Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Normal10

Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Icon_scratch ... The picture below presents an overview of all possible major line combinations (there are 21 variants) - the basics and details of all variants are described here: http://www.handresearch.com/diagnostics/palmar-creases-hand-lines-pic.htm

Picture B: the PIC-model describes 21 variants for the three major hand lines.

Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Pic-mo10

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Empty Re: Do you have 'normal' hand lines?

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:56 pm

The PIC model has been refined into:

"A family tree of the palmar lines"
http://handfacts.wordpress.com/2010/09/04/a-family-tree-of-the-palmar-lines/

This new blog post presents a short introduction + some additional recommendations for finding other relevant literature.

NOTICE: The 'family tree' also presents a visual clue about how to discriminate perfectly normal hand line variants from the rather unusual variants!!
Do you have 'normal' hand lines? Major-hand-lines-family-tree
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:09 pm

... If you think that you have 'abnormal' hand lines, you are welcome to make your report in this discussion; and when you're able to describe both hands, then I am sure that the 'family tree' could be helpfull in trying understand how both of your hands are related!

Anyone
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Hi Martijn,

I like your PIC model. I haven't studied any other models so can't compare, but the PIC model seems very simple and intuitive to me.

Boaz :=D>:
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:35 am

Hi Boaz, thanks for your feedback!!

Very Happy ... Funny, you described this model as 'very simple'! Though, so far I have the impression that for quite a few people this model is far too complicated to handle.

By the way, I continued my investigations... and decided that an important element is missing in this model, specified to the fact that the hands of many people show one (or multiple) 'splittings' in the heart line.

So, while this PIC-model displays an evolutionary aspect of the 3 major hand lines - I have planned to present a more simple model that I will use to continue my studies focussed on the major hand lines.

PS. The new model will include a brand new 'theory' about how to understand the many variations in the heart line more properly.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:51 pm

Hi Martijn,

It helped a lot to read the definition of the model:

• P - Primary lines [varies from: 1 to 3];
• I - Intersections between primary lines [varies from: 0 to 2];
• C - Complete transversal primary lines [varies from: 0 to 2].

Seems simple no? scratch

What do you mean by evolutionary aspect? sounds interesting.

Looking forward to learn more about your new model!

Boaz
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:02 pm

Hi Boaz,

Sorry, regarding using the words 'evolutionary aspect'... not important - I only wanted to refer to how the lines develop in time (which could be described as a process of 'evolution').

But I wrote more about how the hand lines relate to the 'evolution' of human kind, at the following page:
http://www.handresearch.com/diagnostics/palmar-creases-hand-lines-evolution.htm

... which e.g. includes the following video (which provides an impression of how the hand lines developed: from 'transversal creases' into 'non-transversal oblique creases'):

Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:00 am

Hi Martijn

The topic of evolution is very interesting.

Boaz Thanks!
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:46 am

Thanks!
Thanks Boaz, it is one of those many topics that I have planned to write more about - probably somewhere in 2011.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pamelah Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Martijn, my only concern about thsi is that the posting is under 'normal' lines as if there were such a thing. I would say there are 'common' ways lines look but woudn't say they are 'normal.'
Pamelah
Pamelah

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:44 am

Pamelah wrote:Martijn, my only concern about thsi is that the posting is under 'normal' lines as if there were such a thing. I would say there are 'common' ways lines look but woudn't say they are 'normal.'

Hi Pamelah,

Yes, I recognize how the word 'common' can serve as a more common synonym for the word 'normal' in daily language; but I also could imagine that you and I actually have a little bit of a different perception about what can be described as 'normal' (or common) hand lines & 'abnormal' (uncommon) hand lines...???

But let me first explain a bit more about the full perspective that I have in mind...

In my hand-lines-model, I have started considering certain combinations of primary line characteristics (seperated by the number of primary lines, transversality and the number of connections).

And I think we agree that some variations are more normal (more common) than other variations - for example: having 3 primary creases is MUCH MORE NORMAL (MORE COMMON) than having only 2 primary creases (as is seen in e.g. the 'simian line').

And therefore, I think I can 'fairly' argue that a simian line can be described as an 'abnormality' (because having 3 primary creases is really the standard that applies to a very large majority of people - in all parts of the world).

But I am not sure if I could make a likewise claim that having a simian line is 'uncommon'...?

(Because it is more seen in Asian countries, and even in western countries about 3% of people have it in at least one hand... so I guess, when I started using the word 'uncommon' in this context that would probably also require to answer the question: what does the word 'uncommon' really mean in this perspective; while using the 'abnormal' suggests that I am talking about an issue that somehow relates to statistics - which is true for the full perspective that I have in mind, etc.)

So, please be aware that I am using the words 'normal' and 'abnormal' in the perspective of statistical considerations regarding the primary lines.

And I hope that you can also accept that the 'simian line' is described in medical science as a 'minor physical abnormality/anomaly', see for example the Wikipedia page about MPA's - where the simian crease is mentioned as one of the typical examples:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minor_physical_anomalies

Therefore, I think the word 'normal' in this context is a little more specified than the word 'common' - because of the statistical connotation.

Pamelah, I hope my word choice now makes sense for you?
(And if not, I welcome you to specify your thoughts a little bit further - if possible)

wave

PS. I could imagine that in Richard's approach you would prefer to describe the individual 'gift markers' in terms of common & uncommon (instead of 'normal' & 'abnormal'). But maybe that is also a side-effect of the nature of these markers in Richard's system... which usually have a positive connotation - and therefore it may even become 'unnatural' to describe them as an 'abnormality', etc.

I hope this last comment serves as an illustrative example of we might prefer to use a different word-choice... due to our different perceptions about the nature of the lines - or at least some lines.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:18 am

Pamelah wrote:Martijn, my only concern about thsi is that the posting is under 'normal' lines as if there were such a thing. I would say there are 'common' ways lines look but woudn't say they are 'normal.'

I understand what Pamelah is saying here. I think the majority of people we read for come under the vast spectrum of degrees of 'normal', but 'statistically' I also understand what Martijn is saying.
It is difficult to know what word to use when doing readings.
eg you can't say "this is an abnormal feature" if you are reading for one of the 3% of the general population who have a simian line, because it would immediately alarm the client! Unusual maybe a better word? (but if you were reading the hand of someone with Downs you would say - this is 'normal'!).

I once said to a lady who had many loop fingerprints, "Loops are the most commonly found fingerprint". She (jokingly) said "Are you saying that I am common?". She made me aware that my words can be misundertood!... 'common' can be taken as an insult in English language! To call someone 'common' is saying they are "of the lower classes"! So I corrected myself by saying "Loops are the most frequently found fingerprint"
but 'Frequently Found Fingerprint' is not easy to say, what we call a 'tongue-twister', like "She sells seashells on the seashore". Wink

It's not easy to know how best to phrase things in readings sometimes, without inadvertently upsetting somebody!
Smile
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:26 am

Lynn wrote:

I understand what Pamelah is saying here. I think the majority of people we read for come under the vast spectrum of degrees of 'normal', but 'statistically' I also understand what Martijn is saying.
It is difficult to know what word to use when doing readings.
eg you can't say "this is an abnormal feature" if you are reading for one of the 3% of the general population who have a simian line, because it would immediately alarm the client! Unusual maybe a better word? (but if you were reading the hand of someone with Downs you would say - this is 'normal'!).

I once said to a lady who had many loop fingerprints, "Loops are the most commonly found fingerprint". She (jokingly) said "Are you saying that I am common?". She made me aware that my words can be misundertood!... 'common' can be taken as an insult in English language! To call someone 'common' is saying they are "of the lower classes"! So I corrected myself by saying "Loops are the most frequently found fingerprint"
but 'Frequently Found Fingerprint' is not easy to say, what we call a 'tongue-twister', like "She sells seashells on the seashore". Wink

It's not easy to know how best to phrase things in readings sometimes, without inadvertently upsetting somebody!
Smile

Thanks Lynn,

One of your examples illustrates how the 'choice of words' indeed really depends on the perspective one is talking about... for, you are very right: for a person having Down's syndrome it is 'perfectly normal' to have a simian line, and the same is true if that person also has 10 loops.

But in the 'normal' ( Wink ) population... both the simian line and 'monomorphic loops' (= 10 loops) can each be described as a (minor) 'abnormality' - though only the 'simian line' became known as a MPA (= 'minor physical anomaly').

In a reading one can add regarding the simian line that MPA's are basically described by medical science as 'harmless body markers' (which only induce a 'worrisome' element when they are combined with MANY other 'minor physical anomalies' - though these can also manifest beyond the hand as certain skin markers, foot markers, head markers, etc.).

And finally, one can also add that a large majority of people have one or a few of those 'minor physical anomalies' ... while their health is generally just fine.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down