Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 36 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 35 Guests

amit_plawat

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 293 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:22 am
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5166 registered users
The newest registered user is Himanshirawat

Our users have posted a total of 43052 messages in 4267 subjects
Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2015 with the assistance of Google adsense!


Pointing finger: check this out!



Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

FLORIDA STUDY: Fingers have sex hormone receptors!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FLORIDA STUDY: Fingers have sex hormone receptors!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:05 pm



For quite a few years researchers have assumed - based on indirect evident - that finger length development, and especially the 2D:4D digit ratio, is influenced by sex hormones. However, until now direct experimental evidence was lacking. Researchers from Florida have reported an important discovery. They have discovered via a study of the limb buds in mice – which are known for having a digit length ratio similar to humans - that human fingers are likely to have likewise sex hormone receptors as seen in the paws of mice.

Some comments by e.g. 'finger professor' John Manning about this new study:
http://fingerlengthdigitratio.wordpress.com/2011/09/06/study-points-out-fingers-have-sex-hormone-receptors-indeed/

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5195
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FLORIDA STUDY: Fingers have sex hormone receptors!

Post  Patti on Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:


lol! I like your choice of illustration "hands up if you have sensitive hands" ( Thumbs up! )

Interesting article, too
avatar
Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: FLORIDA STUDY: Fingers have sex hormone receptors!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:19 pm


Thanks Patti Very Happy


PS. Manning e.g. commented:

"When Zheng and Cohn blocked testosterone receptors, they got a female digit ratio," Manning said.

"When they added testosterone they got super male ratios, and when they added estrogen, super female ratios. And they've provided us with a list of 19 genes that are sensitive to prenatal testosterone and prenatal estrogen."

"I find this completely convincing and very useful," Manning said.

"We can now be more focused in our examination of the links between digit ratio and sex-dependent behaviors, diseases of the immune system, cardiovascular disorders and a number of cancers."



Professor John Manning

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5195
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FLORIDA STUDY: Fingers have sex hormone receptors!

Post  Lynn on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:10 pm

I always had a problem that the 2D:4D explanation was based on an assumption. So it is very encouraging that these results in mice go some way to confirming the assumption about pre-natal exposure to sex hormones being directly linked to 2D:4D ratio.
The only research I remember reading before was an experiment done on pheasant eggs.
http://www.springerlink.com/content/x680rhqt25048744/


___________________________________________
Lynn
www.handanalysis.co.uk
avatar
Lynn

Posts : 2399
Join date : 2010-07-24
Location : Devon, England

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: FLORIDA STUDY: Fingers have sex hormone receptors!

Post  Sari on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:58 am

""They have discovered via a study of the limb buds in mice – which are known for having a digit length ratio similar to humans - that human fingers are likely to have likewise sex hormone receptors as seen in the paws of mice""

Ok, so if we're talking about sex hormone receptors, isn't it to do with the touch?, not finger length. Wasn't the finger length the connection with the mice only a comparison to humans? I think we have sex hormone receptors in our hands, .. I know if I touch something that feels nice...well..it feels nice.
avatar
Sari

Posts : 1041
Join date : 2010-11-23
Age : 49
Location : Queensland Australia

https://www.destinypalmistry.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FLORIDA STUDY: Fingers have sex hormone receptors!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:36 am

Sari wrote:...

Ok, so if we're talking about sex hormone receptors, isn't it to do with the touch?, not finger length. Wasn't the finger length the connection with the mice only a comparison to humans? I think we have sex hormone receptors in our hands, .. I know if I touch something that feels nice...well..it feels nice.

Hi Sari,

Yes, of course... what you write about the 'touch experience' is very true.

However, this study does not relate to the 'touch experience'. Because this study only relates to the issue how the length of the fingers directly relates to hormonal life.

So, I don't think that this study is suggesting anything about our 'touch experience'.

(Not sure that I have understood your words, would you like to see your question answered...? Or were you just sort of thinking out loud?)


Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Thumbs up!

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5195
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FLORIDA STUDY: Fingers have sex hormone receptors!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:41 am

Lynn wrote:I always had a problem that the 2D:4D explanation was based on an assumption. So it is very encouraging that these results in mice go some way to confirming the assumption about pre-natal exposure to sex hormones being directly linked to 2D:4D ratio.
The only research I remember reading before was an experiment done on pheasant eggs.
http://www.springerlink.com/content/x680rhqt25048744/


Hi Lynn,

Thanks for mentioning that pheasant-study in the perspective of this new study!


Thumb up

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5195
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FLORIDA STUDY: Fingers have sex hormone receptors!

Post  Sari on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:18 am

The word 'receptors' confused me I think, and maybe i shouldn't think so loud. Thanks!
avatar
Sari

Posts : 1041
Join date : 2010-11-23
Age : 49
Location : Queensland Australia

https://www.destinypalmistry.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FLORIDA STUDY: Fingers have sex hormone receptors!

Post  Roosi on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:02 pm

wave

Off topic

About the 'touch experience' Smile

Women Tend to Have Better Sense of Touch Due to Smaller Finger Size
http://ts-si.org/biology/21823-women-tend-to-have-better-sense-of-touch-due-to-smaller-finger-size

Research in The Journal of Neuroscience
http://www.jneurosci.org/content/29/50/15756.long

sunny
avatar
Roosi

Posts : 94
Join date : 2011-08-28
Location : Estonia

Back to top Go down

Re: FLORIDA STUDY: Fingers have sex hormone receptors!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:25 pm


Hi Roosi,

Thanks for sharing those articles.

Thumb up

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5195
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FLORIDA STUDY: Fingers have sex hormone receptors!

Post  Patti on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:14 pm

Roosi wrote: wave

Off topic

About the 'touch experience' Smile

Women Tend to Have Better Sense of Touch Due to Smaller Finger Size
http://ts-si.org/biology/21823-women-tend-to-have-better-sense-of-touch-due-to-smaller-finger-size

Research in The Journal of Neuroscience
http://www.jneurosci.org/content/29/50/15756.long

sunny

Thanks Roosi!
Interesting that they have focused on the number of sweat pores in a given space. I wish they had taken a few extra steps and made note of the pattern of the fingerprint involved as the sweat pores are only in the ridges and not in the groove between ridges.

As it is, the results appear to show a difference between male and female but nothing about the comparisons within the male and female groups.

It is already known that in development the nerve cells or neurons are in place prior to the formation of the ridges themselves which indicates the nerves are in the pattern of the final fingerprint.
avatar
Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: FLORIDA STUDY: Fingers have sex hormone receptors!

Post  Roosi on Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:14 pm

wave

Patti wrote:
Thanks Roosi!
Interesting that they have focused on the number of sweat pores in a given space. I wish they had taken a few extra steps and made note of the pattern of the fingerprint involved as the sweat pores are only in the ridges and not in the groove between ridges.

As it is, the results appear to show a difference between male and female but nothing about the comparisons within the male and female groups.

I agree with you. Smile

Another interesting study
Fingerprint Ridge-Count Difference between Adjacent Fingertips (dR45) Predicts Upper-Body Tissue Distribution: Evidence for Early Gestational Programming

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/153/4/338

The size of a fetal fingertip might be influenced by factors that stimulate or inhibit growth along the developmental axis extending from the brain to the lower limbs. Each fingertip is related neurologically to a spinal-cord segment in a range that includes the sixth through the eighth cervical levels. We hypothesized, therefore, that a large ridge-count difference between fingers on the same hand might reflect circumstances associated with relative inhibition of caudal growth. An embryo or fetus developing under such conditions might accumulate relatively less tissue in the lower body.


sunny
avatar
Roosi

Posts : 94
Join date : 2011-08-28
Location : Estonia

Back to top Go down

Re: FLORIDA STUDY: Fingers have sex hormone receptors!

Post  Patti on Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:33 pm

Roosi wrote: wave

Another interesting study
Fingerprint Ridge-Count Difference between Adjacent Fingertips (dR45) Predicts Upper-Body Tissue Distribution: Evidence for Early Gestational Programming

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/153/4/338

The size of a fetal fingertip might be influenced by factors that stimulate or inhibit growth along the developmental axis extending from the brain to the lower limbs. Each fingertip is related neurologically to a spinal-cord segment in a range that includes the sixth through the eighth cervical levels. We hypothesized, therefore, that a large ridge-count difference between fingers on the same hand might reflect circumstances associated with relative inhibition of caudal growth. An embryo or fetus developing under such conditions might accumulate relatively less tissue in the lower body.


sunny

Yes this is another interesting study. I've seen this report before and I think there is a lot to the concept that the general physique and body language is also reflected in the hands.

Thumbs up!
avatar
Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum