Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Yesterday at 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 87 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 87 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47486 messages in 4937 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Voting17LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Voting19LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Voting18 

Top posting users this week
rajashri
LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Voting17LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Voting19LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Voting18 

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer

+6
Roosi
Lynn
mooky
Sari
Patti
anand_palm
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Empty Re: LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer

Post  Patti Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:33 pm

Roosi wrote: wave

Another interesting study

"In laboratory tests, right- and left-handers associate positive ideas like honesty and intelligence with their dominant side of space and negative ideas with their non-dominant side"

LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Goodandbadin

Good and Bad in the Hands of Politicians: Spontaneous Gestures during Positive and Negative Speech

sunny

I like to watch politician's eyes too. When people are making up the answer in the moment they tend to look up and to the right and when they are recalling the answer they usually look to the left. I hadn't thought about sidedness as playing a role and might influence the result. I guess in this case it would be eye preference or dominance.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Empty Left Hand and Right Hand Where is the answer

Post  anand_palm Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:45 pm

Hello Rossi

Where is this place estonia. Just curious. Anway thanks for the paper link, it is very interesting that paper has pointed usage of right and left hand to different culture, region and people. In india we do lot of thinghs by right hand. also there is an interesting paper your article has pointed to " 8.Corballis M, Beale I (1976) Psychology of Left and Right. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. Hillsdale, NJ: 227 p. " probably i should get the article and read what he implies. Okay it is good right hand gestures dominance of positive nature relates right handed people.

Thanks for your article.

Thanks
Anand

anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Empty Left hand and Right Hand where is the answer

Post  anand_palm Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:52 pm

Hello roosi

one more interesting with indian culture which is somewhat similar to the article is. In hindu culture when a woman gets married and steps into her husband (which is typical of indian cultutre) house, she needs to put her right foot first to step in the house and recites some vedic chants to ensure happiness comes in. It is interesting why world wide they have such a common method.

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Empty Re: LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer

Post  Roosi Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:05 pm

wave

I wrote a long response but I had already logged out Oh...nooo!

Patti wrote:
I like to watch politician's eyes too. When people are making up the answer in the moment they tend to look up and to the right and when they are recalling the answer they usually look to the left. I hadn't thought about sidedness as playing a role and might influence the result. I guess in this case it would be eye preference or dominance.

Hi Patti
Good Hint Wink
I like to watch body language. I look others but I always forget myself. Laughing

Anand, greetings from Estonia Smile
Thank you for the interesting topic
Estonia is a country in Northern Europe about-estonia/quick-facts
Eesti maps.google

Yes, it was it was interesting reading with several aspects
but Left Hand and Right Hand Where is the answer Hopeless

I am even more novice in this field.
I think we all want to show ourself as best (active) and sometimes hiding true thoughts, nature (passive)
and may be, the larger the difference is between palm lines the more hypocritical day dreaming

sunny

Last edited by Roosi on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roosi
Roosi

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanette Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:44 pm

This is reminding me of a great wee book Patti recommended. It is called How to Read a Person like a book by Gerald Nierenberg and Henry H. Calero.
jeanette
jeanette

Back to top Go down

Post  Roosi Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:29 pm

wave
jeanette wrote:This is reminding me of a great wee book Patti recommended. It is called How to Read a Person like a book by Gerald Nierenberg and Henry H. Calero.

Thank You Jeanette Thank you!
Roosi
Roosi

Back to top Go down

LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Empty Left Hand and Right Hand where is the answer

Post  anand_palm Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:38 am

Hi Roosi

I did look at the website you have sent, it is the first time i have heard this country called estonia. Okay from the map, it is below sweden, finland and denmark. Looks like a beautiful place to see. Anyway thanks for your paper, i dont know about difference in line between hands would tell about hypocrisy of a person. It can also be that the person has developed more or less skills when exposed to real world or private world if you go by the common assumption of active and passive hand.

Johny fincham has mentioned in one of his books that uptil a ceratin age passive hand dominates and after a ceratin age active hand dominates.

The concept of outer and inner if have understood is about difference in behavior when people are exposed to real world which is public or work where survival becomes important. Iam trying to find out that why women have more left hand domination then men, i have observed in few samples like this, icannto validate it i need more data points, but lynn and patti can help me out if they have observed it whether men are more right hand dominated. My guess is did evolution bring this change, for increase in survival instincts, there was interesting paper i read where it is mentioned that in their tribal identity there is more pattern intensity in right hand for men and for women pattern intesnity in their left hand is more comapred to their right hand.

Can anybody tell me from where is the active, passive concept start.

Patti, Lynn do you have any insights on my arguments. if assumption are wrong then our conclusion can be wrong.

Is there any new thought on right hand and left hadn concept other than private and personal. Like patti or roosie metnioned long back in some forum that our prints (ridges) indicate the nervous system, if that is the case then righ brain left brain function linked to this, then private, public does not arise all there is holsitic and other thinghs of brain fucntion.

iam a bit confused when i link up science to al this.

Thanks
Anand

anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  Roosi Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:49 pm

wave
Hi Anand

Philip Henry Pye-Smith`s theory was that the man has specialized early on the right. At times, when their differences resolved with shield and swords, was a clear advantage if they could protect their heart, kept in the protective shield of the left and sword right.

It seems to be drive on the left origin
why-some-countries-drive-on-the-right-and-some-countries-drive-on-the-left

anand_palm wrote:
Can anybody tell me from where is the active, passive concept start.

I do not know Crying or Very sad , but quite interesting is that in accounting
Aktiva (assets) - Resources, an item of value owned by a company. Anything tangible or intangible that is capable of being owned or controlled to produce value.
=
Passiva (liabilities) - an obligation of an entity arising from past transactions or events yielding of economic benefits in the future + Owner's Equity

sunny

Last edited by Roosi on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roosi
Roosi

Back to top Go down

LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Empty Left hand and Right Hand Where is the answer

Post  anand_palm Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:50 am

Hello Roossi

In ancient indian palmistry, they used to treat left hand as your previous birth indication, where people used to understand their good and bad deeds, in other word their karmic issues, in some sense that is a liability.

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  Parender Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:22 pm

I wrote in the following post:

https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t85p15-left-or-right

“In nutshell, by studying both hands – the non-dominant hand (the real you) and dominant hand (how you are representing yourself to the outer world) – we can recognize the traceable link between our both behavioral patterns and our present personality, thoughts and experiences. With this understanding, we can shape our future in a constructive, fulfilling way, making positive choices regarding our work, our dealings with people around us, and many other important aspects of life.

I take it like this: If you are right handed person than your non-dominant hand shows like roots of a plant, while the dominant hand shows the observable stem, leaves, and flowers. Our subconscious roots reflect the patterns of our past. The flowers represent the karmic resolves we have consciously made. Yes, when our non-dominant hands lines changes, our very roots are shifting. We are planning and taking action, making great efforts to alter the inherited or Nature’s plan and proceeding towards to bring radical change in ourselves.“

I take dominating hand is the hand which we use to write.

Parender Sethi
Parender
Parender

http://www.enjoylifefoodart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:56 pm

Last night while reading hands for a group of ladies this subject came to mind.

I had been reading a while and one woman I started reading without thinking about which hand was her dominant hand, just started out as if she was right handed. Then after hearing myself describe and compare her two heart lines I decided she must be left handed asked and she was.

Although dominance often shows in the difference in hand size and appearance of strength between the two hands, a comparison of creases will give clues, too.

This is also an example of inner and outer self as shown in the hands.

Her left hand's heart line was straight and her right heart line curved up to the middle of the index finger. Reading this as a right handed person, I said something about warm and friendly to people in general and perhaps a little distant and self controlled with people she was familiar and close. In mid sentence I realized this was probably backwards and asked if she was left handed. She was. This happens often enough.

Usually some time during a reading it becomes obvious without asking which hand is dominant even when both look pretty much the same.

Another location is the influence lines that radiate from the thumb outward toward the life line. Typically there are more in the non dominant hand as people will often try to keep what worries them to themselves, particularly private matters.

Charlotte Wolffe in her observations noticed the non dominant hand moved a lot more in an unconscious way than the dominant hand.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Empty Left Hand And Right Hand

Post  anand_palm Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:16 pm

Hi Patti

That is interesting on what you have i have a more worry lines on my right hand than left, but my heart line is a little bit straight a little curve is also there in my left hand and curved to middle jupiter in my left, ofcourse both lines end up in jupiter. in such case which hand is passive and active. Do you think such small differences is going to matter.

But it looks like you are saying there is active and passive hands.

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:19 am

Charlotte Wolff wrote a chapter on the subject in The Human Hand (1942) pointing out that handedness could be examined in two ways, by theory and by experiment and proceeded to describe both.

To quote a small portion (she's coming from the view that only about 3% of the population were left handed):

"That the right is the active and practical hand, the left the passive and supporting one, is self-evident. but such labels imply a motoric conception only, whereas in fact the links between hand and brain point to the localization in them of certain other qualities as well. the left hemisphere of the brain registers the highest human faculties - intelligence, judgment -- and their translation through writing, reading speech, and artistic performance. Hence the right hand is likely to contain those motoric and tactile images which are connected to those facilities. We can say, therefore, that the right in not only the active and practical but the intelligent hand. And this is not all. Thought and discrimination effect the formation of the super-ego which controls our relations with our fellow men; the more detached and higher emotions -- solidarity, comradeship, fraternity, charity -- are the extension of our emotional make-up produced by the super-ego. Motoric and tactile images in the hand related to such subtle emotions are likely to be impressed more on the right hand than on the left. We can, then, add to the attributes of voluntary action and intelligence registered in the right hand those of the higher emotions.

The passive and supporting role of the left hand makes it the vehicle of receptivity. Everyone can test this. In right handers the left hand always looks more delicate than the right; it is often paler and generally more flexible. this is so even in the sensitive types of hands."

(she does say to reverse this on left handers)

The chapter ends with a reference to an article by Dr. Werner Wolff called "The Experimental Study of Forms of Expression" and discusses the differences between expressions on the right and left sides of faces and equating them to the differences in the right and left hands.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:25 am

Parender wrote:I wrote in the following post:

“In nutshell, by studying both hands – the non-dominant hand (the real you) and dominant hand (how you are representing yourself to the outer world) – we can recognize the traceable link between our both behavioral patterns and our present personality, thoughts and experiences. With this understanding, we can shape our future in a constructive, fulfilling way, making positive choices regarding our work, our dealings with people around us, and many other important aspects of life.

I take it like this: If you are right handed person than your non-dominant hand shows like roots of a plant, while the dominant hand shows the observable stem, leaves, and flowers. Our subconscious roots reflect the patterns of our past. The flowers represent the karmic resolves we have consciously made. Yes, when our non-dominant hands lines changes, our very roots are shifting. We are planning and taking action, making great efforts to alter the inherited or Nature’s plan and proceeding towards to bring radical change in ourselves.“

Parender Sethi

hi Parender, please would you credit your sources when you quote from others, otherwise it can become confusing for people who think they are your own words, and I feel it shows lack of respect for the author. Most of your second paragraph above is quoted from Ghanshyam Singh Birla's website http://www.birlacenter.com/

Last edited by Lynn on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Empty Left Hand and Right Hand Where is the answer

Post  anand_palm Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:47 am

Hi Patti

Sorry there was a correction in my statement i meant the curve is higher in the right hand. Intially when somewhere in the forum someebody mentioned about charollete wolf and i honestly thought it was a man's name, now that you have mentioned it is she, i have to change it. Just to show how ignorant iam about that. she ehas done a good research on this subject. If iam right motor images means movement of hand is that right or is it somethingh else.

Looking at the way she has mentioned somebody is left or right is based on the sensitivyt and color and other attributes, in that sense if i compare my left hand thumb is let bit flexible than my right thumb. I suppose iam more right handed.

It is interesting to note what she has mentioned about higher intelligence, super ego realting to left brain and right hand. The lfet which she calls supportive hand or receptive hand. Thumb up

This interest me more and probably makes me think are ladies more left hand dominating in a male dominant society. Probably try to look at their left hands to find their receptive power. Anyone

Anyway, one more question, if for example fate line or career line is there in passive hand, how would you attribute that.

Thanks!
Anand

anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

LEFT HAND RIGHT HAND WHere is the answer - Page 2 Empty Left Hand or Right Hand Where is the answer

Post  anand_palm Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:37 pm

"To quote a small portion (she's coming from the view that only about 3% of the population were left handed):

"Hence the right hand is likely to contain those motoric and tactile images which are connected to those facilities. We can say, therefore, that the right in not only the active and practical but the intelligent hand"

"The passive and supporting role of the left hand makes it the vehicle of receptivity "

Patti

From the way i understand the atricle is that more lines (Changes in line ect..) especially motoric and tacticle changes would be seen in the dominant hand. so if a person has more worry lines and other branches on life line then there is higher posiibility of it being called the active hand or the reality hand. In other words we can trace active or passive by relating these motoric and tactile changes to texture and lines and hencforth conclude that this is dominant hand or active hand.

But in what sense does this person say the other hand or passive hand is supportive hand or receptive hand. Iam not able to understand what context does it imply it is a supportive hand. In otherwords what does she imply by saying the left hand or passive is supportive hand.

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  Parender Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:27 pm

Lynn wrote:

Parender Sethi

hi Parender, please would you credit your sources when you quote from others, otherwise it can become confusing for people who think they are your own words, and I feel it shows lack of respect for the author. Most of your second paragraph above is quoted from Ghanshyam Singh Birla's website http://www.birlacenter.com/

Hi Lynn,

You are welcome!

Thanks for the suggestion. I prepare notes for myself only to understand the subject’s theories and ideas. I mention here at this forum for the sake to share the knowledge with others which I accumulated from many sources. I accept these theories and ideas if I find it appropriate otherwise I discard it. Knowledge is knowledge from whichever source it comes, I take it.

This is not only Ghanshyan Das Birla I take the knowledge from; I take whichever source is possible and I know from which source Ghanshyamji has taken because Palmistry emerged in India over more than five thousand years ago. What I mentioned is in fact the original theory or idea expressed by Valmiki in one of his many theories and ideas on the subject written in Sanskrit centuries ago.

Valmiki is thought to have been the ORIGINAL writer/author some five thousand years ago who knew the wisdom philosophy beliefs of Hindus. The theories and ideas about this study spread and were practiced in other countries. Ghanshyamji is of course Indian and knows Sanskrit. Valmiki wrote about fingerprints too. This is however the civilization that we owe the present clear simple and detailed form of study.

In the earlier post I did mention the writer’s name and books but I am sorry to tell that in future too it will not be possible for me to mention the sources. I did quote them in the post.

Like this:

Arnold Holtzman, Ph.D. writes in ‘Psycho diagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy’ (2004) on page-63-
“As for the hands themselves, no two are exactly alike – not even when they belong to the same person. The question that arises must be: if each hand is unique, delivering a ‘story’ which must, in some way, be different from every other ‘story’, which hand and which ‘story’ is the most representative of the individual? Which may we assume to be the truest mirror of his, or her, immediate circumstances? The answer is both – equally. Each hand may put forward its own account of the man it speaks of, and each would be entirely relevant.”

William G. Benham writes in ‘The Benham Book of Palmistry’ (1900) on page-31 -“In all examinations you should consult both hands, and should never attempt specific statements, unless they are based upon a thorough knowledge of the information which can be gleaned only from the hands considered separately, and then together. Many failures are recorded in palm readings when one hand only has been used, due to the fact that men change as they grow older, and these changes are recorded in the right hand.”

I think you want that I would have mentioned that I believe in this…… as expressed by …
Nay, I would not like to credit myself for the work of others. I did mention about the references in the very post about other authors too and neither it is possible and nor it will be possible for me to mention every time I post and you are there to edit, you can do that as you like. I will never have any objection. Why should I when idea is not mine? I think if I could not mention the source it does not mean that I have lack of respect for the authors. Ghanshyamji did not mention Valmiki. I am sure he is not disrespecting him. I think you are convinced, if not then you will have to deal with your emotions as I can do nothing more in this regard.Thanks.
wave

Parender Sethi

Last edited by Parender on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Parender
Parender

http://www.enjoylifefoodart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:54 pm

Lynn wrote:

Parender Sethi

Thanks Lynn,

Since you mentioned Birla's website, this is the page at Birla's website where those words are presented:
http://www.birlacenter.com/palmistry

"By studying both hands – the non-dominant hand (past) and dominant hand (present) – we can recognize the traceable link between our past behavioral patterns and our present personality, thoughts and experiences. With this understanding, we can shape our future in a constructive, fulfilling way, making positive choices regarding our work, our dealings with people around us, and many other important aspects of life."

And this quote is indeed also used by Parender in the other discussion - without mentioning that those words are taken from another source:
https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t85p15-left-or-right#10727

PS. There are quite a few websites which have adopted this quote, so maybe Parender doesn't remember where he took those words...???

Let's hope that people start becoming aware that if they start using the words of others in order to make a point without mentioning that the words are actually quoted from another source... they sort of make this forum look like a parrot cage. And obviously, we don't want that... though I am sure that Parender doesn't want that either.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Parender wrote:...

In the earlier post I did mention the writer’s name and books but I am sorry to tell that in future too it will not be possible for me to mention the sources. I did quote them in the post.

Hi Parender,

No, you didn't mention the writer's name in the earlier post - see: https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t85p15-left-or-right#10727
Lynn has specified her worries about a passage in your post where you didn't mention that it is actually a quote from Birla's website. Her worries are not focussed on the passages which you quoted from Holtzman's- and Benham's work - because obviously it was clear that you took those pasage from their work.

By the way, I don't understand your words:

"... but I am sorry to tell that in future too it will not be possible for me to mention the sources."

Why would you not be able to mention whenever you are using the works of others? Can you explain this please?
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Thanks for posting the link Martijn, tho actually it was Parender's second paragraph that I remembered from Birla's site lol!

Your non-dominant hand is like the root system of a plant, while the dominant hand can be compared to the observable stem, leaves, and flowers. Our subconscious roots reflect the patterns of our past. The flowers represent the karmic resolves we have consciously made. When the non-dominant hand changes, our very roots are shifting.
http://www.birlacenter.com/palmistry/palm-reading-consultation/introductory-session

hi Parender, I appreciate that you like to share the knowledge which you accumulated from many sources. I also appreciate that you previously quoted some (but not all) sources. In cases where you are unable to quote your source, it is better to re-write it in your own words. It is not just about respect for the author, it is also about copyright law. By copying directly from someone's website, then re-posting it exactly word-for-word, without crediting your source, can be breaching the copyright laws.
Although if they are Valmiki's exact words, I guess his copyright expired a few thousand years ago! Wink
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:38 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Parender wrote:...

Hi Parender,

No, you didn't mention the writer's name in the earlier post - see: https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t85p15-left-or-right#10727
Lynn has specified her worries about a passage in your post where you didn't mention that it is actually a quote from Birla's website. Her worries are not focussed on the passages which you quoted from Holtzman's- and Benham's work - because obviously it was clear that you took those pasage from their work.

By the way, I don't understand your words:

"... but I am sorry to tell that in future too it will not be possible for me to mention the sources."

Why would you not be able to mention whenever you are using the works of others? Can you explain this please?

Hi Martijn,
Thank you for addressing this subject. I think it's a very important issue.

Parender suggests that he keeps notes of information he likes but doesn't bother to jot down the sources. He seems to think knowledge and information is universal for anyone to tap into without acknowlegement of the source. Plagiarism isn't simply tapping into universal knowledge, it is theft.

http://www.plagiarism.org/plag_article_what_is_plagiarism.html

What is Plagiarism?
Many people think of plagiarism as copying another's work, or borrowing someone else's original ideas. But terms like "copying" and "borrowing" can disguise the seriousness of the offense:

According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, to "plagiarize" means
•to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
•to use (another's production) without crediting the source
•to commit literary theft
•to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source.

(just saw Lynn posted while I was composing)
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:51 pm

Hi Patti,

Thanks for bringing up the definition of the word 'plagiarism'.

Yes, formally one could describe this issue as 'plagiarism'. Though, since the person involved is not trying to make money at this forum, I would prefer to highlight this as an issue that relates to the 'authenticity'.

I don't want to spend my time checking whether people use texts from other websites in order to express their ideas & opinions. And since I think you and Lynn have likewise thoughts, we can only hope that Parender will now become aware of the problem and let's hop that he will make sure that his future words can no longer be tracked down to passages taken from books & websites, etc.

Thank you for adding your thought!

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RishiRahul Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:29 pm

Sari wrote:I like to read both palms, if they are right handed, I check the left hand for differences, and compare. I am right handed and have noticed my left hand is clearer on what I feel, my right hand is more clear on actual events.

Hi,

I find the above explanation very concise.

Both hands should be seen as many author's have said.

I feel like many that the left shows the inherited/ingrained traits which keep on affecting us like the subconscious mind does.
The right hand shows the developed traits (more on the conscious level.

Let's say that a native has an influence line at age 25 in the left hand; but does not have it in the right hand at that age:= This could mean that there was a relationship at age 25, but the environment did not allow it to thrive or the relation at age 25 existed, but did not affect the native in real life (as seen by others). But certainly the age 25 points in the right hand, particularly in the fate can show its effect in actual/overt life, by seeing how the right fate line has performed from or at this age.

Even if I come across a confirmed leftee, my belief is to check for some events at very early ages for which Benham ages help.
It is only after this that I decide which hand to take on as the dominant one; as Leftees may not be born leftees, or fully leftees.

Some sharings by me........ I hope someone responds!!

RishiRahul

RishiRahul

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:38 am

Hello Rahul

Iam not sure whether left hand is inherent traits, since there are some recent devlopments in palmistry, people have different versions. Some say it is passive, some say right is active. there have been good amount of discussions on how to go about. Since lines change on both hand, the concept of one hand being inherent and other being exposed to environemnt ect.. can be defeated.

Also new development in science make us think that the way palmistry is to be looked at needs to have modifications.

If you see what patti had mentioned about based on charollete wolfe article there are thinghs which need to be pondered upon.

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  RishiRahul Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:02 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Sari wrote:I like to read both palms, if they are right handed, I check the left hand for differences, and compare. I am right handed and have noticed my left hand is clearer on what I feel, my right hand is more clear on actual events.

Hi,

I find the above explanation very concise.

Both hands should be seen as many author's have said.

I feel like many that the left shows the inherited/ingrained traits which keep on affecting us like the subconscious mind does.
The right hand shows the developed traits (more on the conscious level.

Let's say that a native has an influence line at age 25 in the left hand; but does not have it in the right hand at that age:= This could mean that there was a relationship at age 25, but the environment did not allow it to thrive or the relation at age 25 existed, but did not affect the native in real life (as seen by others). But certainly the age 25 points in the right hand, particularly in the fate can show its effect in actual/overt life, by seeing how the right fate line has performed from or at this age.

Even if I come across a confirmed leftee, my belief is to check for some events at very early ages for which Benham ages help.
It is only after this that I decide which hand to take on as the dominant one; as Leftees may not be born leftees, or fully leftees.

Some sharings by me........ I hope someone responds!!

RishiRahul

anand_palm wrote:Hello Rahul

Iam not sure whether left hand is inherent traits, since there are some recent devlopments in palmistry, people have different versions. Some say it is passive, some say right is active. there have been good amount of discussions on how to go about. Since lines change on both hand, the concept of one hand being inherent and other being exposed to environemnt ect.. can be defeated.

Also new development in science make us think that the way palmistry is to be looked at needs to have modifications.

If you see what patti had mentioned about based on charollete wolfe article there are thinghs which need to be pondered upon.

Thanks
Anand

Hi Anand,

Yes, research is very much on particularly in the West.

I have found... through experience... that the left hand reveals inherited traits 'majorly'.

I do not take books for granted but use them as a learning guideline; some direction in the ship of learning. I have explained this with an example. You can check for palms having this and then confirm.

I had mentioned that the left is more subconscious than conscious.

But yes, the lines of both palm change.

Actually explaining my understanding (obviously not possible to confirm as its not a dogma or directly provable) further:

There is a conscious mind, a subconscious mind, and unconscious mind.
The subconscious may be called a part of the unconscious. So there are no 'clear cut' demarcations, and it would be only theorizing.

My experience makes me believe, rather confirm to myself that the left is more about inhered traits.
This does not mean that the left hand only show inherited traits.

RishiRahul

RishiRahul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next