Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 63 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 63 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lifera
NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Voting17NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Voting19NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Voting18 
puneet
NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Voting17NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Voting19NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence!

2 posters

Go down

NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Empty NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence!

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:27 am

NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Symmetrical-hand-lines

Traditionally, the classic 'long head line' has been suggested to represent a marker for recognizing higly intelligent people. But there appears to be no evidence at all which has confirmed the significance of this marker. Actually, one could even point out that the significance of the Sydney line (= a head line which covers the full palm) in Down's syndrome is indicative for a potential 'reversed' correlation between the length of head line and IQ.

Anyway, in my recent studies on the primary hand lines of various populations (which are typically recognized for their varying IQ), I have found a few clues about how your hand lines may relate to your intelligence!

The studied populations include:
a) 120 Dutch university students (HIGH IQ)
b) 400 Dutch people (NORMAL IQ)
c) 30 S.E.N. pupiles (MODERATE IQ)
d) 19 Down's syndrome patients (LOW IQ)

A few quick impressions from the results are:

>> 1 - The hands of university students (both males and females) display the highest occurence of normal hand lines.

>> 2 - The hands of university students (both males and females) display the lowest occurrence of multiple variations between the right and left hand.

(Right hand vs. left hand asymmetries in the primary lines are indicative for development stress during during the early development in the whomb, which could result in lower abilities!)

>> 3 - The hands of university students display the lowest occurence of the two most well known MPA's

(These two 'Minor Physical Anomalies' concern: the simian line & Sydney line).

>> 4 - And hands of university students display the highest occurence of a 'complete transversal heart line'

(The 'complete transveral heart line'= a heart line which covers the full width of the palm).

NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! 302292 ... Any thoughts???

For more details, considerations & observations, these are presented in the following article:
http://www.handresearch.com/diagnostics/hand-line-studies-formations-in-lines.htm

PS. Advanced considerations regarding the simian line are also discussed in the following discussion of this forum:
https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/iii-modern-palmistry-general-topics-questions-f4/the-simian-line-advanced-considerations-t82.htm#829
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Empty Re: NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence!

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:03 pm

cheers ... I can add a 2th conclusion where 'symmetry' is involved (on top of the second conclusion in the former post):

>> 5 - The presence of PIC type 301d in both hands has so far only been observed in 3 university students (= 2.5%); none of the 400 Dutch controls displays this variant in both hands.

(To becontinued!)

NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Hand-lines-pic-311d

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Empty Re: NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence!

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:17 pm

thinking ... the implication of this new result could be, that there might also be connection between HIGH INTELLIGENCE and a 'dissociated simian line' ... but very likely: only when it is observed in BOTH HANDS!!!

(While on the contrary the 'classic simian line' - which is connected with the life line - is more frequently observed among populations with a below average IQ!!)

NOTICE: Examples of a 'dissociated simian line' are PIC type 201 + PIC type 200.

NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Hand-lines-pic-201

NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Hand-lines-pic-200
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:38 pm

For a deeper understanding about how complex the relationship between hands & intellegence really is, I also would like to refer also to the work of psychologist Charlotte Wolff (1897-1986) from Poland.

NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! Books?id=FGnoAAAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover&img=1&zoom=1&sig=ACfU3U2q1imm4V8nxDD6Posm3AgawPTh5A

In her book
'The hand in psychological diagnosis', she has devoted the first chapter to the topic: the Hand and Intelligence.

In this chapter Wolff describes how intelligence is linked with:
1) the ability to use (complex) hand gestures - especially the role of the thumb & index finger;
2) hand & nail shape.

(Wolff also describes that intelligence may have different manifestations, which are linked with temperament, etc.)

Interestingly, on page 7 Wolff describes:

"...In human beings there are as a rule two fourfinger lines which run in a curved fashion. In their 'élan' and other qualities of design these two lines are likely to be correlated with intelligence. It is not only the two main transverse creases which indicative in one way or another of intelligence, but also the quality and design of all creases due to the movements of the first two fingers."

[NOTICE: Wolff is referring here with the two fourfinger lines / main transverse creases to the heart line and the head line]

... NEW INSIGHTS: How your primary palmar lines relate to your intelligence! 696961
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:05 pm

UPDATE:

Despite the very interesting reported results, the earlier reported Korean study (which introduced the so-called 'Suwon crease') made me realize that any advanced system for classifying the major hand lines should included the presence of 'splittings' (especially because these are so common in the heart line).

Therefore I decided to develop an alternative method for the rather complex 'PIC model'.
And I can report that during the past 2 weeks I have managed to apply the new model to the males in the 4 samples that I mentioned earlier in this discussion.

It's too early to report details (from the male sample) about the new results so far, but I can report that the new results are very encouraging...! Smile

I expect that maybe in the second half of october I will be able to provide more details on how the major hand lines related to intelligence!!

Meanwhile... I you have any ideas how the hand lines might relate to the IQ, you're very welcome to share your ideas/materials/experiences!

Anyone
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:31 am

NEW UPDATE:

Okay, it took a while... but I can now report that my new model appears to work quite well on these samples.

During the process I decided that one can not research the heart line (nor the other primary lines) properly with one single observation; therefore I haved decide to work-out an observation model that can be applied to all three primary lines.

1 - In the new model each primary line (= heart line, head line & life line) will be assessed on the following 5 dimensions:

FACTOR 1 - The 'shape' of the primary line
FACTOR 2 - The presence of 'splittings'
FACTOR 3 - The presence of 'branches'
FACTOR 4 - The presence of 'interruptions'
FACTOR 5 - The presence of 'sister lines'

2 - And I have also studied the characteristics of the starting point of the head line (+ the advanced characteristics of connections between the head line and the life line).

(More details regarding these 5 FACTORS will be released at a later moment in time)

Anyway, the results so far point into the direction that the connection between intelligence and the primary lines, could be described as a 'mix' of the following five aspects:

A - 'simian line' & 'Sydney line' are less often seen in the hands of the university students (+ more often in the groups with a lower IQ);

B - 'splittings', 'branches', 'interruptions' & 'sister lines' are less often seen in the hands of the university students (+ more often in the groups with a lower IQ);

C - 'Suwon crease' is more often seen in the hands of the university students (+ not all in the groups with a lower IQ);

D - 'dissociated head line' is more often seen in the hands of the university students (+ not all in the groups with a lower IQ);

E - 'symmetries' between the right- and left hand more often seen in the hands of the university students (+ not all in the groups with a lower IQ).

And I can add that the aspects have all been observed in all four studied male groups; and from my point of view these results makes sense - so I expect that further investigation will reveal how certain COMBINATIONS could end up to provide reliable clues regarding the intelligence of people.

thinking However, I've still a long way to go (before presenting the results at my websites, etc): starting with the assessment of the female samples!!

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:

(Right hand vs. left hand asymmetries in the primary lines are indicative for development stress during during the early development in the whomb, which could result in lower abilities!)
Hi Martijn,
Is this a confirmed result according to the statistics?
I come across this often.
Also, does it vary like this:
If head line is different then it is mental stress
If heart line is different then it is emotional stress
and if life line is different then it is life style stress

Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Kiran.Katawa wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:

Hi Martijn,
Is this a confirmed result according to the statistics?
I come across this often.
Also, does it vary like this:
If head line is different then it is mental stress
If heart line is different then it is emotional stress
and if life line is different then it is life style stress

Yes, the info mentioned in your quote is a confirmed result in terms of statistics.
However, this does not implicate that one can use such indicators in isolation (in an individual).

Regarding your hypothesis about the individual lines:

Sorry, I don't remember seeing any (research) evidence indicating that variations in the head line are more related to mental processes - compared to variations in the heart line and/or life line etc.

Does this answer you question?
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:53 am

Yes Martijn. Thank you.
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down