Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Michael 'Air' Jordan: hands of a basketball superstar!
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:16 am by Whitewash112358

» hello there
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:59 am by shadow

» till when in laws trouble in married life
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:43 pm by pravin kumar

» Got a moment...please read my palm :)
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:04 pm by horizon

» Elemental hand shape assessment 2.0: finger length vs. palm size!
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:47 am by JD

» lllf star/cross in Saturn Mount
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:05 am by pravin kumar

» Hello from Maryland, USA.
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:03 am by pravin kumar

» Double loop on mount Luna
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:07 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Different Palm lines
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:57 am by nishaghai

» The 2D:4D ratio findings contradict the accepted knowledge of chirognomy in palmistry
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:06 am by Whitewash112358

» swastik on moon mount
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:08 am by nishaghai

» Can anybody read this palm and provide remedies. It's female palm
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:20 am by nishaghai

» Can anybody please read this hand
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:57 pm by Chirag

» What does this form of life line mean?
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:17 am by cromaveg

» Hello Everyone
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:59 am by pravin kumar

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 293 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:22 am
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5735 registered users
The newest registered user is Starshine

Our users have posted a total of 46424 messages in 4752 subjects
Top posting users this week
Starshine
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Voting17Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Voting19Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Voting18 
Whitewash112358
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Voting17Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Voting19Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Voting18 
TLC
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Voting17Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Voting19Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Voting18 
Irenech
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Voting17Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Voting19Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Voting18 
pravin kumar
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Voting17Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Voting19Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Voting18 
takermaker
Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Voting17Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Voting19Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Voting18 

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!


Pointing finger: check this out!



Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Martijn (admin) on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:50 am

mirrzzaa wrote:
hi Martijn, sorry for the mistake in the the measurement,

MY RIGHT HAND:

Finger length (middle finger):8 cm
Palm breadth (at end of metacarpals): 8.8 cm
Palm length (from upper wrist crease): 11 cm

Finger length to palm breadth ratio: 8.0 / 8.8 = 0.909
Finger length to palm length ratio: 8.0 / 11.0 = 0.727

Finger length index: 8.0 / (8.8+11.0) = 0.404


MY LEFT HAND:

Finger length (middle finger): 8 cm
Palm breadth (at end of metacarpals): 8.7 cm
Palm length (from upper wrist crease): 11 cm


Finger length to palm breadth ratio: 8.0 / 8.7 = 0.920
Finger length to palm length ratio: 8.0 / 11.0 = 0.727

Finger length index: 8.0 / (8.7+11.0) = 0.406

MY ANALYSIS FOR YOUR HANDS:

- The numbers for both hands are below the international average for males, but within the normal range (so your finger lengths are typical for a male).

- Your 'finger length index' is relatively low, though just inside the normal range for both hands (also typical for a male).

- Hardly any difference for your 'finger length' between both hands.

- Finally, I could add a more speculative note (I am still working on this aspect)... your finger length index is not typical for a male from South Asia (though not unusual neither) - unfortunately I do not any specific data for people from Pakistan.

PS. Your photos confirm that you might have even short finger length relative to palm breadth than suggested by your measurements (with below average finger length relative to palm length). That indicates that you have an 'earth earth-fire hand shape' (in the perspective of elemental hand reading - various discussions related to elemental hand reading are available in this forum section: http://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/f3-iiic-elemental-chirology).


So, I guess you basically clearly have short fingers.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the 'finger length reading'!


Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  mirrzzaa on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:22 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
mirrzzaa wrote:
hi Martijn, sorry for the mistake in the the measurement,

MY RIGHT HAND:

Finger length (middle finger):8 cm
Palm breadth (at end of metacarpals): 8.8 cm
Palm length (from upper wrist crease): 11 cm

Finger length to palm breadth ratio: 8.0 / 8.8 = 0.909
Finger length to palm length ratio: 8.0 / 11.0 = 0.727

Finger length index: 8.0 / (8.8+11.0) = 0.404


MY LEFT HAND:

Finger length (middle finger): 8 cm
Palm breadth (at end of metacarpals): 8.7 cm
Palm length (from upper wrist crease): 11 cm


Finger length to palm breadth ratio: 8.0 / 8.7 = 0.920
Finger length to palm length ratio: 8.0 / 11.0 = 0.727

Finger length index: 8.0 / (8.7+11.0) = 0.406

MY ANALYSIS FOR YOUR HANDS:

- The numbers for both hands are below the international average for males, but within the normal range (so your finger lengths are typical for a male).

- Your 'finger length index' is relatively low, though just inside the normal range for both hands (also typical for a male).

- Hardly any difference for your 'finger length' between both hands.

- Finally, I could add a more speculative note (I am still working on this aspect)... your finger length index is not typical for a male from South Asia (though not unusual neither) - unfortunately I do not any specific data for people from Pakistan.

PS. Your photos confirm that you might have even short finger length relative to palm breadth than suggested by your measurements (with below average finger length relative to palm length). That indicates that you have an 'earth earth-fire hand shape' (in the perspective of elemental hand reading - various discussions related to elemental hand reading are available in this forum section: http://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/f3-iiic-elemental-chirology).


So, I guess you basically clearly have short fingers.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the 'finger length reading'!

Hi Martijn,

Hi Martijn,

thanks for ur analyses and you are right I have an Earth shaped hand, Small fingers while long palm.


Last edited by mirrzzaa on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
mirrzzaa
mirrzzaa

Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 31
Location : Pakistan

http://captainsm.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:04 pm

mirrzzaa wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:
mirrzzaa wrote:
hi Martijn, sorry for the mistake in the the measurement,

MY RIGHT HAND:

Finger length (middle finger):8 cm
Palm breadth (at end of metacarpals): 8.8 cm
Palm length (from upper wrist crease): 11 cm

Finger length to palm breadth ratio: 8.0 / 8.8 = 0.909
Finger length to palm length ratio: 8.0 / 11.0 = 0.727

Finger length index: 8.0 / (8.8+11.0) = 0.404


MY LEFT HAND:

Finger length (middle finger): 8 cm
Palm breadth (at end of metacarpals): 8.7 cm
Palm length (from upper wrist crease): 11 cm


Finger length to palm breadth ratio: 8.0 / 8.7 = 0.920
Finger length to palm length ratio: 8.0 / 11.0 = 0.727

Finger length index: 8.0 / (8.7+11.0) = 0.406

MY ANALYSIS FOR YOUR HANDS:

- The numbers for both hands are below the international average for males, but within the normal range (so your finger lengths are typical for a male).

- Your 'finger length index' is relatively low, though just inside the normal range for both hands (also typical for a male).

- Hardly any difference for your 'finger length' between both hands.

- Finally, I could add a more speculative note (I am still working on this aspect)... your finger length index is not typical for a male from South Asia (though not unusual neither) - unfortunately I do not any specific data for people from Pakistan.

PS. Your photos confirm that you might have even short finger length relative to palm breadth than suggested by your measurements (with below average finger length relative to palm length). That indicates that you have an 'earth earth-fire hand shape' (in the perspective of elemental hand reading - various discussions related to elemental hand reading are available in this forum section: http://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/f3-iiic-elemental-chirology).


So, I guess you basically clearly have short fingers.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the 'finger length reading'!

Hi Martijn,

thanks for ur analyses and you are right I have an Earth shaped hand, Small fingers while long palm.
but i have a question for u if u know about it then must reply, i have an mole on the lunar mount, what is it mean?

Hello Mirza,

Sorry, I do not attribute much value to moles. But maybe you can ask that question in some other forum topic? (Because your mole-question goes beyond this topic).

By the way, yesterday I made some progress regarding the topic of elemental hand shape... and it turns out now that you have a combination of earth/fire hand shape (for both hands). I have corrected this now in my earlier analysis.

wave


Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:08 pm

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Finger-length-variations-hand-shapes-axes-2

Yesterday we made some significant progress regarding how to recognize 'elemental hand shape' from the hand dimesions based on finger length - the result is presented above.

(You can read more about this research in the topic: Intro to 5 element chirology )

Therefore it now becomes much more interesting to see the implications for 'elemental hand shape' regarding the measurements presented here so far (and it would for sure be interesting to hear the thoughts are regarding these new results!):

(By the way, the finger coordinates of the people below are NOT presented in the picture above)

My hands:
- right hand (fl/pb: 0.989, fl/pl: 0.747): close to fire hand shape
- left hand (fl/pb: 0.978, fl/pl: 0.766): fire hand shape

Lynn's hands:
- right hand (fl/pb: 1.026, fl/pl: 0.784): fire/water fire/air hand shape
- left hand (fl/pb: 1.026, fl/pl: 0.782): fire/water fire/air hand shape

Patti's hands:
- right hand (fl/pb: 1.000, fl/pl: 0.823): air hand shape
- left hand (fl/pb: 0.987, fl/pl: 0.794): close to neutral (most close to earth hand shape) fire/air hand shape

Tap's hands:
- right hand (fl/pb: 0.987, fl/pl: 0.780): fire hand shape (close to neutral)
- left hand (fl/pb: 1.027, fl/pl: 0.777): fire/water fire/air hand shape

Mirrzzaa's hands:
- right hand (fl/pb: 0.909, fl/pl: 0.727): earth/fire hand shape
- left hand (fl/pb: 0.920, fl/pl: 0.727): fire/earth hand shape


Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:33 pm; edited 7 times in total

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  tap on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Wow! Thumbs up!
I think this chart clarifies a lot for people using the 5 element system in determining specific hand shape(s) and the degree of attributes to them. Very helpful for people to quickly see and understand their hand shape. Thumb up

PS I just charted a few hands I have on file and this seems to really work well! happy move


Last edited by tap on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PS)
tap
tap

Posts : 173
Join date : 2010-07-25

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:58 pm


Hi Tap,

Very nice to see that you appreciate the benefits of this new tool.

Yes, it looks like assessing (elemental) hand shape now no longer is solely a matter of perception & evaluation.

Thank you for sharing your enthousiasm!


Thanks!

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  mirrzzaa on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:18 pm

hi Martijn,

nice work and Tap is right that chart really help us to identity the shape of the hand, Thumb up

btw it sounds good to know that i have an Earth/Fire shape hand, so it meanz the charastic of Fire hand also fits on me. Thumbs up!
mirrzzaa
mirrzzaa

Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 31
Location : Pakistan

http://captainsm.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:25 pm


Thanks Mirrzzaa,

Very nice to hear from you that you recognized as well how this chart can serve for practical purposes.


Thanks!

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Lynn on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Lynn's hands:
- right hand (fl/pb: 1.026, fl/pl: 0.784): fire/water hand shape
- left hand (fl/pb: 1.026, fl/pl: 0.782): fire/water hand shape

previous measurements given
MY RIGHT HAND:
Finger length (middle finger): 8 cm
Palm breadth (at end of metacarpals): 7.8 cm
Palm length (from upper wrist crease): 10.2 cm



MY LEFT
HAND:
Finger length (middle finger): 7.9 cm
Palm breadth (at end of metacarpals): 7.7 cm
Palm length (from upper wrist crease): 10.1 cm


ah now here we have a discrepancy because in the 5 element system my hands are not fire / water! The measurements above were taken across the metacarpals, but if measured across the centre of the palm my hand is 8cm. almost standard fire palm, not narrow enough to be water. My (medium) fingers are a bit longer than standard fire hands so this adds air element.

___________________________________________
Lynn
www.handanalysis.co.uk
Lynn
Lynn

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2010-07-24
Location : Devon, England

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Lynn wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:
Lynn's hands:
- right hand (fl/pb: 1.026, fl/pl: 0.784): fire/water hand shape
- left hand (fl/pb: 1.026, fl/pl: 0.782): fire/water hand shape

previous measurements given
MY RIGHT HAND:
Finger length (middle finger): 8 cm
Palm breadth (at end of metacarpals): 7.8 cm
Palm length (from upper wrist crease): 10.2 cm



MY LEFT
HAND:
Finger length (middle finger): 7.9 cm
Palm breadth (at end of metacarpals): 7.7 cm
Palm length (from upper wrist crease): 10.1 cm


ah now here we have a discrepancy because in the 5 element system my hands are not fire / water! The measurements above were taken across the metacarpals, but if measured across the centre of the palm my hand is 8cm. almost standard fire palm, not narrow enough to be water. My (medium) fingers are a bit longer than standard fire hands so this adds air element.

Haha... Lynn, is this really a discrepancy?

Because your comment sounds like so far you assumed to have a typical 'fire palm' shape. No problem thus far.

However, you mentioned that your finger length is 'medium'... which makes me wonder why you associate this with 'air'? Why not associating it with water?


Let me explain how I see it:

In general... due to the 'square palm' that is associated with air hand shape, one would expect that air finger length would typically require to be LONGER than water finger length! Why? Well, that is because especially water hand shape is associated with a NARROW palm (but not a long palm like is seen in fire hand shape!)... which sort of implicates normal palm length + slightly long finger length for the typical water hand!

NOTICE: The descriptions given by Dukes and Fincham confirm this, for example Fincham speaks about that in air hands fingers are required to be longer than ''seven-eights of the length of the palm or more". However, However, regarding water hands finger are only required "seven-eights the palm length... and longer than the width"!

While in air hand shape, one can expect due to the SHORT palm length... LONGER finger length in a typical air hand, compared to the slightly long finger length in a typical water hand?

So, would you mind to explain your thinking here? Why associate 'medium' finger length with air?

Because I have just described why your 'normal finger length' more points in the direction of water ... than air. That is, according my sense for 'logics'. Wink


(Lynn, maybe you have other hand features that can be recognized to represent the influence of air?)

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Lynn on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:40 pm

If my palm were narrower, the medium length fingers would make it fire/water. But my palm is not narrow enough to be a fire/water hand. and fire/water is not my mode of expression.

edit PS I didn't answer your question. The palm represents the body, the fingers represent the mind. Short fingers on a fire hand are more impulsive, instinctive. Longer fingers on a fire hand tend to think about things more before acting (ie adds air element).

Yes of course I have other features on my hand that are ruled by air element (so does everyone - we all have a headline of some form!). But here we are talking about handshape, how you use your energy out in the world, your mode of expression.

___________________________________________
Lynn
www.handanalysis.co.uk
Lynn
Lynn

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2010-07-24
Location : Devon, England

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Lynn wrote:If my palm were narrower, the medium length fingers would make it fire/water. But my palm is not narrow enough to be a fire/water hand. and fire/water is not my mode of expression.

edit PS I didn't answer your question. The palm represents the body, the fingers represent the mind. Short fingers on a fire hand are more impulsive, instinctive. Longer fingers on a fire hand tend to think about things more before acting (ie adds air element).

Sorry, but your measurements indicate that your palm IS slightly narrow (because of the relatively high finger to palm breadth ratio).

So, I still don't understand why make make any direct connection with air.



PS. Maybe it is interesting here for you to take a look at the distance of your finger length ratios to in respective the F, A and W button: your coordinates are at closer distance to the A-button than the W-button. Maybe that could indicate how to interpretate your coordinates?

Be aware Lynn... we made a discovery, but we are still in the process of how to 'translate' the discovery into practical guidelines, etc. So, I hope you will continue thinking about how to interpretate the axes... instead of suddenly jumping into conclusions that may at the end may turn out to have not much ground below at all. thinking



___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:08 pm


PS. I have an unanswered question open for you to answer:

After you shared the CS-guidelines for the dimensions for finger length, palm length and palm breadth for a typical fire hand... I wondered whether you have likewise guidelins available for the other hand types?

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:15 pm


thinking Lynn, maybe your 'problem' is another clue:

I think I should add some zones in the picture, which should illustrate the typical borders for each of the 4 hand shapes. That would make it much more easy to assess how far an individual is positioned from the typical dimensions for each hand shape.

I guess that was a missing element in the picture so far!!!

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:26 pm


I have just made an important improvement regarding the starting point of the axes in the picture, resulting in that my earlier assessment for the hands of Lynn, Patti and Tap now have changed a bit, see the earlier post:

http://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t1975p15-about-finger-length-do-you-have-normal-finger-length#20988

I hope this makes sense for you all?

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:43 pm


thinking Lynn, after defining the starting points of the axes... it now looks like the picture points out that the 'water hand' is probably the least common of the 4 hand types (because only a small part of the water-axis is inside the elipse shaped 'common variations''-zone).

And regarding the combinations, fire/air appears to be most common. And earth/water is the only combination that is not possible at all - that makes sense! Very Happy

What is your experience regarding these points?


PS. I think these observations perfectly make sense, and these indicate to me that re-defining the starting points is another huge step ahead!

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  tap on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Hi Martijn

Is there some way you could label the starting points of the axes with the number they initiate at, or just post it somewhere in the key? It is very difficult to see exactly where they start.
tap
tap

Posts : 173
Join date : 2010-07-25

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:59 pm

tap wrote:Hi Martijn

Is there some way you could label the starting points of the axes with the number they initiate at, or just post it somewhere in the key? It is very difficult to see exactly where they start.

Excellent point Tap!

For practical purposes it is useful to have those finger coordinates more explicitely available in the picture. I will work on that later today - thank you for making this request.


Thumbs up!


___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  tap on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:09 pm

Lynn

I am going to retake my measurements the way you do in 5 element and redo the other ones I did. It does seem like it really would make a difference. Measuring the palm wider is changing classifications with the hand shapes. Although this change to the chart, might negate the need ?
tap
tap

Posts : 173
Join date : 2010-07-25

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:17 pm

tap wrote:Lynn

I am going to retake my measurements the way you do in 5 element and redo the other ones I did. It does seem like it really would make a difference. Measuring the palm wider is changing classifications with the hand shapes. Although this change to the chart, might negate the need ?

(Sounds fine with me to experiment with Lynn's approach as well - as long as you are fully aware that 'palm breadth' in my pictures is defined as palm width at the end of the metacarpals. Because it would not make sense for me if the results that I have presented are directly being used to make assessment based on other method for finding palm width.

So Tap, if you start using Lynn's approach to palm width... then you should also adopt her standards for long/short fingers, etc. - instead of the guidelines that I present in my pictures)

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:20 pm

tap wrote:Hi Martijn

Is there some way you could label the starting points of the axes with the number they initiate at, or just post it somewhere in the key? It is very difficult to see exactly where they start.

Hi Tap,

On second thought it become quite easy for me to process your request: I have now added some colored points at the axes in the picture - which represent the starting points of the 4 axes.

Is that helpful?

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  tap on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi Martijn

I need to reread through all this. I am not sure I am understanding it all. So on your chart the area in between the starting points of the axes is neutral?

I really hope the chart works out because it seems to be very useful for the 5 element system.
tap
tap

Posts : 173
Join date : 2010-07-25

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:43 pm

tap wrote:Hi Martijn

I need to reread through all this. I am not sure I am understanding it all. So on your chart the area in between the starting points of the axes is neutral?

I really hope the chart works out because it seems to be very useful for the 5 element system.

Tap, I am not sure what your word 'neutral' means here (because I am no longer using that word after I re-defined the starting point of the axes).

Assuming that you are talking about the zone between the new starting points of the 4 axes... in that zone you can always focus for any point (hand) on the closest distance to the 4 axes.

For example:

Regarding the rather small zone BETWEEN the starting point of the fire-axis and the air-axis - one can say that the distance to both axes in that small zone is sort of always about to be equal. And therefore, for that zone I would not focus on finding out which distance is the shortest... instead for that zone I would always prefer to speak of a 'fire/air hand shape'... or 'air/fire hand shape'(depending on which distance is the smallest!).

Because the distance difference to both axes is then "too close to call".


And you can use the same principle for any other zone in the picture: only when a distance to one of the axes is clearly much shorter than the distance to the other axes... then one can speak of a clear indication the classification of one single hand type.

Does this make sense?

(I am thinking out loud here)

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5254
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  tap on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:52 pm

Okay Thanks!

Thanks for adding the dots, but it would be nice to know the exact number each dot represents. I am not sure how my hand changed by the starting point of the axes being defined. It seems like my finger length (.777) is too short to be air, since the air dot is above the 80% mark, but I do see the air shape got narrower.

Anyhow, I hope you and Lynn agree on the measuring and and in turn the chart.

PS I meant neutral as average, but I see what you are saying.


Last edited by tap on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PS)
tap
tap

Posts : 173
Join date : 2010-07-25

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Lynn on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
PS. I have an unanswered question open for you to answer:

After you shared the CS-guidelines for the dimensions for finger length, palm length and palm breadth for a typical fire hand... I wondered whether you have likewise guidelins available for the other hand types?
I will check.

___________________________________________
Lynn
www.handanalysis.co.uk
Lynn
Lynn

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2010-07-24
Location : Devon, England

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Do you have normal finger length? [locked] - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have normal finger length? [locked]

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum