Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» questions about my education, career and future
Yesterday at 3:20 pm by pravin kumar

» Cheiro's books + how he got caught on fraud in 1909!
Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:11 pm by Martijn (admin)

» J Krishnamurti
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:13 pm by Navneett

» Hand analysis
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:07 pm by pravin kumar

» Worries and stress
Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:21 pm by bmcgowra

» the hands and the past ?
Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:31 am by nishaghai

» double strong head line...what do they mean?
Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:27 am by nishaghai

» ANOTHER RARE HAND
Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:21 am by nishaghai

» can we change the lines by working on it?
Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:47 pm by Naina02

» Hello everyone
Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:59 am by chiromancy-lover

» my marriage line
Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:56 am by chiromancy-lover

» Small hand
Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:13 pm by Martijn (admin)

» Major Family Crisis? Break in Life line!
Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:22 am by QualityUser

» Cross or Star on the line of Saturn
Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:28 am by Jelina

» Do you read my hand?
Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:50 am by Elis

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 36 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 35 Guests

Kekemapa

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 293 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:22 am
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5129 registered users
The newest registered user is Kekemapa

Our users have posted a total of 42880 messages in 4240 subjects
Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2015 with the assistance of Google adsense!


Pointing finger: check this out!



Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Patti on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:40 am

lol!

At one time Sydney creases were clumped into the Simian category too. Many turn of the century writers take note of the single crease. They also take note when it's the heart line doing the transversing and the head line doing the transversing but they didn't know it was the Sydney line because those guys in Sydney may have not been born yet to name it.

I think it's in the category of Suwon because of Accessory II.

Simply that. II + III and Accessory II
avatar
Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:08 am

Patti wrote:...
Because of the nature of the II + III you are already dealing with the concept of a simian crease.
Oh...nooo!


Patti wrote:From quotes posted earlier from Plato's book there is no such thing as the long transversing crease being just a single crease, as in just a long heart line or a long head line transversing from side to side.
Oh...nooo!

Are you 'thinking out loud' here?


Sorry Patti, I recognize complete chaos in your perceptions:

The essentials of a complete simian line is actually very simple:
a complete merging of the heart line & head line, which leaves the 'impression' that actually one of both lines is missing (since normally we see 2 lines).


Now, back to the 'Suwon crease':
This requires e.g. the presence of a normal head line... which implicates that regarding a 'Suwon crease', for sure: one can not speak about that line as a 'simian line' variant.


THE ESSENTIAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE SUWON CREASE AND THE SIMIAN LINE CAN BE DESCRIBED AS FOLLOWS (= POINT 1 + 2):

1 - The Suwon crease requires: an EXTRA LINE + no 'merging of lines' (only a connection)
2 - The simian line requires NO EXTRA LINE, but there is a 'merging of lines'!!


Patti, does this makes sense?



These words describe the fundamental differences between 'Suwon crease' and the 'simian line' - basically there are really no similarities at all!!!

Okay, I must admit that ... after describing these fundamental differences, the 'formulas' presented by the Korean researchers are highly confusing:
- Suwon crease = 'II+III' plus 'accesorry II'
- Simian line = 'II+III'

But we noticed from the beginning that there were some complications involved in their presentation!! So, I think I have now described very explicitely the ROOTS of this confusion - and this also shows that it is really necessary to think beyond these 'formulas'... because obviously: these forumales have a highly confusing side-effect if one starts using them literally!!!


I EXPECT THAT ... ANYBODY WHO CAN NOT ACCEPT THESE BASICS (POINT 1 + 2), WILL CONTINUE TO MAKE MANY, MANY, MANY OTHER MISTAKES IN DISCRIMINATING THE LINES INVOLVED.

(Simply because you have have started using your own 'private assumptions'... which I continued to recognize as mistakes)


Finally, I have one more essential point:

Patti, I hope that you will soon recognize the relevance of the point that was initially brought up by Lynn (and afterwards I confirmed very explicitely that you for sure made a mistake regarding how you read the Plato-quote).


Anyway, thank you again for sharing your thoughts... because now I am very aware why the 'formulas' are not as simple as they may look like!

(Because additionally one really needs to be able to recognize the difference between: 'merging lines', 'connecting lines', and... 'splitting lines'!)

Thanks!

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5190
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:13 am

Patti wrote: Oh...nooo!

Well that's not fair! I go and respond to your post and find you've in the meantime edit your post!

( 'Not fair'...? Very Happy By the way, I didn't 'change' any of my words: I only added the clarification behind the word 'edit'... but even without that clarification you should have noticed that I was not talking about the simian line... but you did make that mistake initially, correct? Untill I posted my clarification - then you immediately recognized what I was trying to describe Exclamation )

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5190
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:20 am

Patti wrote: lol!

At one time Sydney creases were clumped into the Simian category too. Many turn of the century writers take note of the single crease. They also take note when it's the heart line doing the transversing and the head line doing the transversing but they didn't know it was the Sydney line because those guys in Sydney may have not been born yet to name it.

Yes Patti, that is indeed a part of history.
But really... the Sydney line was discovered in 1969 more than 40 years ago!!
So, since then this problem was sort of solved already!!


Patti wrote:
I think it's in the category of Suwon because of Accessory II.

Simply that. II + III and Accessory II

Sorry... No Nope!

In my long former post (before my last response), I have described how the formulars have an unwanted side-effect: because the Suwon crease & the simian line really have completely different fundamental characteristics, I repeat:

1 - The Suwon crease requires: an EXTRA MAJOR CREASE + no 'merging of major crease' (only a connection)
2 - The simian line requires: NO EXTRA MAJOR CREASE, but there is a 'merging of major creases'!!



Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5190
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Patti on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:23 am

]color=green]1 - The Suwon crease requires: an EXTRA LINE + no 'merging of lines' (only a connection)[/color]

I think it is these words that cause the confusion between us.

I don't really think the Suwon crease has always an obvious "EXTRA LINE" that obviously originates on the radial edge near the life line and rises to meet the heart line.

Then I think the code would not be: II + III (Simian) and Accessory II

It would be III meets II and Accessory II <edit> maybe that's better said II meets III and Accessory II

II + III is accepted in the scientific community as representing the simian and the joining of the head and heart lines. We both seem to agree here.

In the Sydney, sometimes there is an obvious "EXTRA LINE" that appears originating on the ulnar side and perfectly meeting the head line. Sometimes it looks just like the head line is singularly crossing the palm. It is still II + III and Accessory III.

Does this discrepancy make sense?

Because otherwise, I read what you write and it sounds like you're saying *no* to me and telling me I'm confused and then repeating most of what I just wrote in agreement in your own words.

(my X husband used to do that - drove me crazy - and he had a Sydney crease - as shown on my web page)


Last edited by Patti on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:32 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar!)
avatar
Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Patti on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:26 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Patti wrote: lol!

At one time Sydney creases were clumped into the Simian category too. Many turn of the century writers take note of the single crease. They also take note when it's the heart line doing the transversing and the head line doing the transversing but they didn't know it was the Sydney line because those guys in Sydney may have not been born yet to name it.

Yes Patti, that is indeed a part of history.
But really... the Sydney line was discovered in 1969 more than 40 years ago!!
So, since then this problem was sort of solved already!!


Patti wrote:
I think it's in the category of Suwon because of Accessory II.

Simply that. II + III and Accessory II

Sorry... No Nope!

In my long former post (before my last response), I have described how the formulars have an unwanted side-effect: because the Suwon crease & the simian line really have completely different fundamental characteristics, I repeat:

1 - The Suwon crease requires: an EXTRA LINE + no 'merging of lines' (only a connection)
2 - The simian line requires: NO EXTRA LINE, but there is a 'merging of lines'!!

oops! Turn of the century! I meant late 1800's and early 1900's. Sorry!
avatar
Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:36 am

Patti wrote:
]color=green]1 - The Suwon crease requires: an EXTRA LINE + no 'merging of lines' (only a connection)[/color]

I think it is these words that cause the confusion between us.

I don't really think the Suwon crease is always an obvious "EXTRA LINE" that obviously originates on the radial edge near the life line and rises to meet the heart line.
...

Yes Patti, I agree that this is indeed the essential difference between our thoughts. Thumbs up!


But somehow, you are ignoring the fact that the Suwon crease forumula very explicitely describes that there really needs to be an EXTRA MAJOR CREASE involed.

Obviously, you have made the 'assumption' that researchers might also have included examples when there is no EXTRA MAJOR CREASE involved.

But where did this 'assumption' take you...? Now you even have started describing a CLASSIC SIMIAN LINE VARIANT (= your last example) as a 'Suwon crease'!


Meanwhile, I have made no assumptions at all!!
(I only managed to describe more essential aspects which may play a role in recognizing the Suwon crease)


But I must admit... your 'confusion' has actually been very helpfull for me: because it helped me to understand why this discussion became a complete mess... lol!

It took a while... but now I finally know that I arrived at a point where I can start thinking about how to write an article about the Suwon crease!!! And I won't forget to include a special word of 'thanks' for you!

You can remind me to this promise, but I won't forget to mention your name!! Razz


Please... time for me to got to bed Sleep , time for you to wake up!! affraid


___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5190
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Patti on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:44 am

Just because you think you are right and I am wrong is no reason for you to respond rudely. It certainly doesn't give me any additional confidence in you being right.

I will agree that we are talking about simian variants. The Sydney and Suwon are simian variants.

You want to say the Korean researchers were not clear when they used the symbology of II + III to describe the interaction of head and heart lines.

Yet, they emphasize in that the whole concept and purpose behind their report was for clarity in defining the creases of the palms. Exactly what Kimura and Schaumann said was needed.

In this process and research they 'happenstance' noted something special about a particular simian variant, identified it and named it the Suwon crease and added it to this report.

If we ignore the rules they lay out to follow on how to recognize and categorize all creases, including the Suwon crease, then that's acting as if the report is flawed.

And I don't think the report is flawed at all. They were quite on top of what they were doing. Even to the point of recognizing their formula for T-DoT works best on square palms and would have to be adjusted for 'tribes' with longer palms.

Perhaps you need more justification yourself to point out the Korean's were mistaken and you are keener at knowing what they meant to say than what they actually said.



If they do not mean II + III and Accessory II is the Suwon Crease, Then I'll be happy to call it the Cincinnati Crease and go on from there. Am I *all heart* or what!!!

As tempting as it might be, I really don't want to respond any further on this thread. I was torn at even giving it any more time as I am now, after your mean spirited remarks, not just tonight, but earlier in this discussion.

avatar
Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:18 pm

Patti wrote:Just because you think you are right and I am wrong is no reason for you to respond rudely. It certainly doesn't give me any additional confidence in you being right.
...
As tempting as it might be, I really don't want to respond any further on this thread. I was torn at even giving it any more time as I am now, after your mean spirited remarks, not just tonight, but earlier in this discussion.

Sorry Patti, I never meant to express my self with a "rudely" response... but so far I am not aware that I did. Is it rude to tell somebody 'time to wake up'? Is that the example that you have in mind?

And I am also not aware that I made any "mean spirited remarks". Where did I make such remarks???


I would appreciate if you show me where I did with a quote (you can post it here, or you can send it via PM).

I am willing to apologize when appropriate, but right now I can only apologize for any misunderstanding involved.

But I am sure that you understand that I can not apologize for anything that I am not aware of.


PS. I am only aware that you described one of my edits (earlier today) as 'unfair'... but I hope that is not a part of your related feedback, because I think there is nothing 'unfair' about making an edit just to avoid further confusion.


Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5190
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:57 pm

Patti wrote:...
I will agree that we are talking about simian variants. The Sydney and Suwon are simian variants....

Sorry again Patti, but this new comment again illustrates that the Korean formulas have an unwanted side-effect:

Because there is only a vocabulary similarity between how the Korean researchers have described the simian line (II+III), Sydney line (II+III plus accessory III), and the Suwon crease (II+III plus accessory II).

But this for sure does not implicate that the Sydney line and Suwon crease can also be described as a 'simian line' variants. Remember, in the past 40 years the Sydney line was described as one single line, and not as a 'combination line'. And in this perspective I am inclined to say that the confusing side-effect of the formulas especially applies to the formula of the Sydney line... because it suggests that EVERY Sydney line is a combination line.

But that is not true: for example the very first Sydney line described in the literature has only been described as one single line (below I present Purvis-Smith's Sydney line example from 1972 - which is obviously not a 'simian line'!):




But obviously, now you even claim that every Sydney line is a 'simian line' variant... but I could easily describe that as...

'THEORETICAL NONSENSE'


Because since the work of Purvis-Smith both the Sydney line and the simian line have each been described as a different major crease variant. And that is why each line variant was described by the Koreans through a different formula.


Patti, I could explain this through the example of apples and the pears... both have similarities... and both belong to the fruit species.

And yes, in their genetic formulas apples and pears have similarities... but it would become 'THEORETICAL NONSENSE' to claim:

'all pears are apples' or 'all apples are pears'.

wave



___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5190
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Lynn on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Patti wrote: At one time Sydney creases were clumped into the Simian category too. Many turn of the century writers take note of the single crease. They also take note when it's the heart line doing the transversing and the head line doing the transversing but they didn't know it was the Sydney line because those guys in Sydney may have not been born yet to name it.

Patti I hope you don't drop out of this discussion.

I'm a bit confused by your above comment. Maybe because I'm not aware when Sydney lines (or long transverse head lines) were clumped into Simian category.
Although the long transverse headline had not been called a 'sydney' yet, it is still a headline with a separate heartline.

You rightly say that "Many turn of the century writers take note of the single crease.They also take note when it's the heart line doing the transversing and the head line doing the transversing".
but that's talking about a SINGLE crease. (ie in position of headline it was 'head dominant' simian and in position of heartline it was more 'heart rules head' Simian).
But as you know, the Sydney also has heartline present, so how is it included in the writers noting a single crease. ?
sorry if I've missed your point.

___________________________________________
Lynn
www.handanalysis.co.uk
avatar
Lynn

Posts : 2392
Join date : 2010-07-24
Location : Devon, England

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:47 pm

Lynn wrote:
Patti wrote: At one time Sydney creases were clumped into the Simian category too. Many turn of the century writers take note of the single crease. They also take note when it's the heart line doing the transversing and the head line doing the transversing but they didn't know it was the Sydney line because those guys in Sydney may have not been born yet to name it.

Patti I hope you don't drop out of this discussion.

I'm a bit confused by your above comment. Maybe because I'm not aware when Sydney lines (or long transverse head lines) were clumped into Simian category.
Although the long transverse headline had not been called a 'sydney' yet, it is still a headline with a separate heartline.
...

Hi Lynn,

Yes exactly: you've described the major difference between the Sydney line and the simian line. And for that reason ... a 'Sydney line' should NOT be discribed as a 'simian line variant'.

However... from Patti's feedback I recognize that because the 'II+III' element is found in the Korean forumula for not only the simian line, but also the Sydney line AND the Suwon crease... I now recognize that the formulas themselves (edit after Lynn's comment:) CREATE some additional confusion.

EDIT: But I am also aware that this problem will only manifest when people start interpretating the meaning of certain aspects in these forumulas. And therefore I still think that the Korean researchers did a phantastic job... and basically there is no need to change anything in their article. However, when people start these forumulas in 'out of context' considerations then unwanted side-effects can shows up. That is probably the only thing that I really learned from our discussion at this forum - next to that this discussion has been very helpful for me to become aware of the details that are really required to recognize a Suwon crease..

(That that is why earlier today I have described the unwanted side-effects of these forumulas)

And therefore one can not understand the hand-fundamentals behind of these formulas without the accessory comments + illustrations in the article. The forumales are not detailed enough for that purpose.

I think this again clearly illustrates that Patti's conclusions (see for example the quote below)... is the result of seeing things 'out of context'! (But I can accept that I might not be able to convince every participant in this discussion)

Patti wrote:...
I will agree that we are talking about simian variants. The Sydney and Suwon are simian variants....


Smile Lynn, now I would love to hear from you:
how does my observation regarding the side-effect of the Korean formulas sound to you?


Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5190
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  jeanette on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Hi all,
I thought when Martijin showed the prints and gave the information that the Suwon crease, as it says, is a crease, not a line or a branch, but an actual crease. So this would make it, indeed, a noteworth discovery Am I right?
Jeanette.
avatar
jeanette

Posts : 568
Join date : 2010-07-27
Location : scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Lynn on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:42 pm

hi Jeanette,
"Crease" is the word that scientists use to talk about the palmar lines, such as the "Simian Crease" instead of simian line, "Distal Transverse palmar crease" is the heartline, 'proximal transverse crease' is the headline etc. So basically it's a line! (but they are trying to categorise it as a particular formation of line).

___________________________________________
Lynn
www.handanalysis.co.uk
avatar
Lynn

Posts : 2392
Join date : 2010-07-24
Location : Devon, England

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:50 pm

Lynn wrote:hi Jeanette,
"Crease" is the word that scientists use to talk about the palmar lines, such as the "Simian Crease" instead of simian line, "Distal Transverse palmar crease" is the heartline, 'proximal transverse crease' is the headline etc. So basically it's a line! (but they are trying to categorise it as a particular formation of line).

Thanks Lynn, yes that is correct. One could also that the words 'creases' and 'lines' are sort of synonyms.


Scientists usually talk about:
- the 3 major creases (= life line, heart line & head line);
- the 3 finger creases (= fate line, sun line & mercury line);
- minor creases (= girdle of venus, mars line, marriage line, etc, etc)
- and the accessory creases (= all other lines that usually have no specified name).

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5190
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:18 pm

Patti wrote:...

If we ignore the rules they lay out to follow on how to recognize and categorize all creases, including the Suwon crease, then that's acting as if the report is flawed.

And I don't think the report is flawed at all. They were quite on top of what they were doing. Even to the point of recognizing their formula for T-DoT works best on square palms and would have to be adjusted for 'tribes' with longer palms.

Perhaps you need more justification yourself to point out the Korean's were mistaken and you are keener at knowing what they meant to say than what they actually said.



If they do not mean II + III and Accessory II is the Suwon Crease, Then I'll be happy to call it the Cincinnati Crease and go on from there. Am I *all heart* or what!!!

...

Well, obviously Patti's words suggest that I described that the Korean article is flawed, but the reverse is by fact true:

- I never described NOR SUGGESTED that the Korean article is flawed. I only described that if one starts analysing the Korean forumulas in 'out-of-context' considerations (focussed on the 'II+III' aspect)... only then these formulas can induce biased side-effects, resulting in confusion.

- While it was Patti herself who suggested with various claims that the Korean article is flawed. I am referring to her comments on:

1) the aspect of hand-washing;
2) the occurence of the Suwon crease... Patti sees Suwon creases everywhere;
3) Patti's interpretation of the Plato article suggested that the Suwon crease was already described in much earlier publications;

4) and now Patt is also talking about a 'Cincinatti crease' (???) - though I must admit that I do not really understand that comment at all... maybe it was a joke? (If it was a joke, then I will withdraw this 4th point)

Anyway, I perceive Patti's summary as... 'a world-upside-down'!


PS. Again, it was not me who criticised the Korean article on multiple aspects!!

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5190
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Lynn on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:36 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote: this new comment again illustrates that the Korean formulas have an unwanted side-effect:

Because there is only a vocabulary similarity between how the Korean researchers have described the simian line (II+III), Sydney line (II+III plus accessory III), and the Suwon crease (II+III plus accessory II).

But this for sure does not implicate that the Sydney line and Suwon crease can also be described as a 'simian line' variants.

Martijn (admin) wrote:.....However... from Patti's feedback I recognize that because the 'II+III' element is found in the Korean forumula for not only the simian line, but also the Sydney line AND the Suwon crease... I now recognize that the formulas themselves CREATE some additional confusion.
............ And therefore one can not understand the hand-fundamentals behind of these formulas without the accessory comments + illustrations in the article. The forumales are not detailed enough for that purpose.

Smile Lynn, now I would love to hear from you:
how does my observation regarding the side-effect of the Korean formulas sound to you?

Yes I agree with you Martijn.
And this is what Patti's saying I think - that the formula could describe many variants on the Suwon line that are different to the illustration in the article. The article gives us a few more clues in accessory comments & illustrations. But still, I think it needs expanding on by the authors, because obviously it has created confusion. A bit ironic really, as their aim was to improve the analysis of palmar lines and make it clearer!


Last edited by Lynn on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

___________________________________________
Lynn
www.handanalysis.co.uk
avatar
Lynn

Posts : 2392
Join date : 2010-07-24
Location : Devon, England

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:29 pm

Lynn wrote:Yes I agree with you Martijn. (by the way I think you made a typo - you wrote CREASE, did you mean CREATE?).
And this is what Patti's saying I think - that the formula could describe many variants on the Suwon line that are different to the illustration in the article. The article gives us a few more clues in accessory comments & illustrations. But still, I think it needs expanding on by the authors, because obviously it has created confusion. A bit ironic really, as their aim was to improve the analysis of palmar lines and make it clearer!

Thanks Lynn, great to hear that you can confirm my observation regarding the side-effect of the formulas.

By the way, yes - I have recognized the 'irony' of the situation as well... but I can also understand that the innovation does not solve all 'old problems'.


And let's not forget that the hand lines provide quite a few unknown mysteries, because basically it is a very complicated phenomenon (where the individual elements should not be considered apart from the 'full picture').


PS. Thanks for the correction: yes, I wanted to write 'create' (and I made an edit on my comment)

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5190
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:34 pm

jeanette wrote:Hi all,
I thought when Martijin showed the prints and gave the information that the Suwon crease, as it says, is a crease, not a line or a branch, but an actual crease. So this would make it, indeed, a noteworth discovery Am I right?
Jeanette.

Hi Jeannette,

I think Lynn & I provided you some answers.
But did we answer the question that you had in mind regarding the 'vocabulary'?

(Please, you're very welcome to continue if you have further questions about the Suwon crease!)

wave

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5190
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  jeanette on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:41 am

Hi Martijin and Lynn,
Yes you did explain the vocabulary and I am embarassed as I knew that lines and creases were the same. I spoke to Patti on the other forum and I was telling her that I am in a spell where I feel I do not know anything. I was studying Richard Unger's fingerprints and I have become all sidetracked with the Suwon Line, Hockey Stick Line and ended up where I don't seem to recognise a Sydney Line anymore. I think I will have to take my time and read all the information. I will have plenty of time as we are snowed in, in this part of the country. At the moment I am living in a winter wonderland. Thanks again,
Jeanette.
avatar
jeanette

Posts : 568
Join date : 2010-07-27
Location : scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Lynn on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:41 am

Nothing to be embarrassed about Jeanette. When some doubt comes in, it's much better to ask than keep wondering. I know that feeling of 'overload', as you described - feeling I don't know anything about hands - but I've discovered it usually comes just before a major surge of understanding! So, keep warm, happy reading & very soon you'll get that 'lightbulb going on above your head' Idea and all the ideas will come together!

anyway this Suwon discussion is a very confusing & long thread. I have to keep going back & re-reading the messages.

___________________________________________
Lynn
www.handanalysis.co.uk
avatar
Lynn

Posts : 2392
Join date : 2010-07-24
Location : Devon, England

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  jeanette on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:55 am

Thanks Lynn
What you said is very encouraging and has made me feel better.
Jeanette.
avatar
jeanette

Posts : 568
Join date : 2010-07-27
Location : scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  asif amin on Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:32 am

Hello Lynn and Martijin,

Can we recongnize this palm have a
suwon crease or just heart line splitting towards head line?


This palm link is

http://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t472-trident-above-heart-line#4073
avatar
asif amin

Posts : 209
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 34
Location : Karachi, Pakistan

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:05 pm

asif amin wrote:Hello Lynn and Martijin,

Can we recongnize this palm have a
suwon crease or just heart line splitting towards head line?
Hi Asif,

No, this is a rather normal 'splitting heart line'.

NOTICE: None of the branches continues to the thumb-side of the palm, but more important: I see no 'extra head line' either - which implicates that both of the major characteristics of a Suwon crease are... missing! So I think it is definitely not a Suwon crease.

Thanks for asking!!

Thanks!

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5190
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: V - REPORT: Korean researchers discovered the 'Suwon crease', only observed in males!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Mon May 30, 2011 4:30 pm


UPDATE!!!


In another discussion we have made some progress regarding how to understand the Suwon crease properly, see:
http://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t861-how-to-discriminate-a-simian-crease-from-a-sydney-line-and-a-suwon-crease


And additionally, I can recommend the following BLOG-post (which is featured with the picture below):
http://palmreadingperspectives.wordpress.com/2011/05/25/how-to-classify-the-palmar-lines-the-simian-line-sydney-line-the-suwon-crease/



NOTICE: In the picture below the 5th hand describes the essential characteristic of a Suwon crease; the Korean article (where the Suwon crease is defined) e.g. describes that the two head lines are required to be positioned 'parallel' and none of both lines should be longer than twice the length of the other lines.

Quote from the article (figure 5):

"III is accompanied by accessory palm creases which are parallel and more than half of the III length."

This quote describes the requirement for an accessory III line, but can likewise be applied to an accessory II line (which is included in the Suwon crease formula: 'II+III' plus 'accessory II'.

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5190
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum