Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Icon_minitime1Yesterday at 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 72 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 72 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47486 messages in 4937 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Voting17What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Voting19What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Voting18 

Top posting users this week
rajashri
What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Voting17What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Voting19What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Voting18 

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry?

5 posters

Go down

What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Empty What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry?

Post  MTaheem Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:38 am

Dear Palmists,

This is the question i have in my mind for a very long time.

What is the difference between Indian/Ancient and Modern Palmistry??

I have this question because, based on my personal experience I have received different readings for my questions

I understand that one's palm image or lines are directly proportional to one's thoughts and mind but how and why Indian/Ancient and Modern Palmistry differs from each other and give different readings and on which reading a person should rely on.

I would be glad to receive response on this.

Thank & regards
MTaheem

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title modified)

MTaheem

Back to top Go down

What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Empty Re: What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry?

Post  pravin kumar Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:00 am

Dear M. Taheem,

Even if same method is followed by different well experienced palmist and all of them follow the modern method or ancient method or whatever method but all follow the same method you will find difference in readings of every one of them for everyone looks at the palm in the way he/she has likeness or preference for. I look at the palm and what impresses me most say: Head Line or Heart Line or Life Line or Fate Line or Sun Line or some particular Mounts like Mount of Venus very large, small, Mount of Moon bulging outwards, Mount of Jupitor either flat or prominent etc. etc. Whatever strikes me I take note of that and then proceed with that particular image in my mind. I take that to be the base of the reading to follow eg. if Mount of Moon is prominent and the palm square then the reading will be towards imagination, creativeness in practical matters. This person should get success in that direction.

Modern Palmistry take the Loops, Whorls, Ridges the Digit ratio of Fingers and the ratio of finger with the palm etc. and so many other things. I am not familiar with this so I want discuss much about that.

Ultimately I learnt one thing: Why does a person come to you for Palm Reading? He/She wants solution to the problem they are facing and you should be good at solving that problem. It is like you visit a Good Doctor and he is able to diagonise your problems and guide you correctly so that you get cured very fast. I remember going to a 3 different Doctors for stomach problem: One said Dysentry, the second said Amoebisis and the third said Coilitis. 3 different diagonise. I left all the advise and followed my method by avoiding food for 24 hours and I got well.

So where you get the answer to your question and get proper guidance and then it works with you you will automatically follow that palmist. Faith in a particular palmist will make that person solve your problems always for it is not the palmist who is very good but most of the time it is your faith in him which works. Hence we say that when we pray to Idols of God, it is not idol of God who solves our problem for the idol is just an idol till we put our total faith in it and then we see and experience HIM and get the solution to our problem and go back satisfied.

Sometimes a very ordinary palmist may provide with an insight that you so much want and an experienced palmist with all his experience may not appear to be so helpful.

That is in short my opinion.

Pravin Kumar

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Empty Re: What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry?

Post  Kiran.Katawa Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:25 am

Hi,
In my opinion, Indian palmistry is chronological in nature, while modern is qualitative.

Chronological reading gives more importance to the occurrence of events at different age in your life(both positive and negative).

Qualitative readings take the nature and formation of the lines and mounts and give an in depth understanding of the deep set desires and the way your-SELF has been formed and what is suitable and not suitable for you. Like vocational guidance, marriage counseling, getting present to where the problems are repeatedly coming in our life and for what nature of the self they are appearing, personality and so-on.

The challenge with chronological readings is the accuracy of timings. A milli-meter change in the length, direction and even a slight change in the depth of the line can cause years of difference in the occurrence of the event and usually the range of the time period is in years(can't even be in months). That too these markings have to be placed upon a handshape, which can again vary in size!! Compare this against vedic palmistry, where the chronology can be identified with accuracy to the extent of months.

And I think - events always happen in your life, its you who live before and after the event, whether you know or doesn't know the event The person would remain same to the basic and core nature of his/her self, irrespective of the event. I feel that its better to understand
self than just getting to know about the events.
You may like to go thru this blog article regarding the same over here: http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/prediction-and-non-prediction-hopes-for.html
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:04 pm

MTaheem presented an excellent question... about a fundamental topic!

(I have moved this topic to a more appropriate forum section)

PS. My short answer to your question is that ancient palmistry tends to deal with 'predicting the future' (some claim that is a science, but it can probably best be described as a cultural belief system or folklore), while modern hand reading tends to deal with health-, character- and spiritual assessment (some claim it is a science, but in general one can say that the theories & observations have only been backed by anecdotal evidence).
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:16 pm

... I could add one more guideline regarding how things are putten into practice:

Ancient palmistry puts much value on individual hand signs.

Modern hand reading puts little to no value on individual hand signs, and instead all attention is focused is on finding significant combinations (because individual hand signs can be neutralized by other hand signs).

What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Hands-150x150
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:06 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
... I could add one more guideline regarding how things are putten into practice:

Modern hand reading puts little to no value on individual hand signs, and instead all attention is focused is on finding significant combinations (because individual hand signs can be neutralized by other hand signs).

What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry? Hands-150x150
Nice one Martijn.
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pravin kumar Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:46 am

Dear Martijn,

You have responded to one part of the answer asked by M.Taheem. I had mentioned the second part and wish you respond to that too.

Kiran.Katawa wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:

Nice one Martijn.

This is the second part which I mentioned:

Re: What is the difference between ancient Indian- and Modern Palmistry?

Post pravin kumar on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:00 am
Dear M. Taheem,

Even if same method is followed by different well experienced palmist and all of them follow the modern method or ancient method or whatever method but all follow the same method you will find difference in readings of every one of them for everyone looks at the palm in the way he/she has likeness or preference for. I look at the palm and what impresses me most say: Head Line or Heart Line or Life Line or Fate Line or Sun Line or some particular Mounts like Mount of Venus very large, small, Mount of Moon bulging outwards, Mount of Jupitor either flat or prominent etc. etc. Whatever strikes me I take note of that and then proceed with that particular image in my mind. I take that to be the base of the reading to follow eg. if Mount of Moon is prominent and the palm square then the reading will be towards imagination, creativeness in practical matters. This person should get success in that direction.

Modern Palmistry take the Loops, Whorls, Ridges the Digit ratio of Fingers and the ratio of finger with the palm etc. and so many other things. I am not familiar with this so I want discuss much about that.

Ultimately I learnt one thing: Why does a person come to you for Palm Reading? He/She wants solution to the problem they are facing and you should be good at solving that problem. It is like you visit a Good Doctor and he is able to diagonise your problems and guide you correctly so that you get cured very fast. I remember going to a 3 different Doctors for stomach problem: One said Dysentry, the second said Amoebisis and the third said Coilitis. 3 different diagonise. I left all the advise and followed my method by avoiding food for 24 hours and I got well.

So where you get the answer to your question and get proper guidance and then it works with you you will automatically follow that palmist. Faith in a particular palmist will make that person solve your problems always for it is not the palmist who is very good but most of the time it is your faith in him which works. Hence we say that when we pray to Idols of God, it is not idol of God who solves our problem for the idol is just an idol till we put our total faith in it and then we see and experience HIM and get the solution to our problem and go back satisfied.

Pravin Kumar

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:31 pm

pravin kumar wrote:Dear Martijn,

You have responded to one part of the answer asked by M.Taheem. I had mentioned the second part and wish you respond to that too.

Hi Pravin,

I think Taheem's additional thoughts relate directly to his major question: I think he kind of wondered: if there are 2 types of palmistry... which should we rely on?

My answer shows that there different purposes involved for each type, so basically I don't think there is a inevitable need to make choices.

wave

(I perceive your answer addressing a different topic than the one raised by Taheem)
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MTaheem Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 am

Dear Pravin Sir, Kiran and Martijn,

Thank you for responding to my question.

Even if same method is followed for specific set of questions the response should come equal for both modern and ancient/Indian palmistry.

If Indian palmistry give chronological readings of the events occurrences in person’s life and modern takes care of providing qualitative readings of SELF then why the both predict future differently.

I believe events occur in one’s life due to their nature by which a behavior is exhibited and action is taken in any given situation.

The people whom I have referred are professionals in their fields. After knowing much about them I have approached and presented the set of questions which I have. And got opposite readings to it. While the one is into modern hand reading referred while the other is into Ancient/Indian.

This has prompted me to ask this question to all palmists here. I don’t know what to say in that case.

Regards
MTaheem

MTaheem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sari Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:03 am

I use both and I don't see a problem with that, I'm happy to use what information works and what I believe to suit a particular question. I'm not a doctor, I'm a palmist.
Sari
Sari

https://www.destinypalmistry.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pravin kumar Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:26 am

Sari,

It is O.K. to use both but what is the difference between the both method.

Pravin Kumar

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sari Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:34 am

The only difference to me is a matter of opinion, one is old fashioned, but still used.
Sari
Sari

https://www.destinypalmistry.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:21 am

MTaheem wrote:Dear Pravin Sir, Kiran and Martijn,

Even if same method is followed for specific set of questions the response should come equal for both modern and ancient/Indian palmistry.

If Indian palmistry give chronological readings of the events occurrences in person’s life and modern takes care of providing qualitative readings of SELF then why the both predict future differently.

I believe events occur in one’s life due to their nature by which a behavior is exhibited and action is taken in any given situation.

The people whom I have referred are professionals in their fields. After knowing much about them I have approached and presented the set of questions which I have. And got opposite readings to it. While the one is into modern hand reading referred while the other is into Ancient/Indian.

This has prompted me to ask this question to all palmists here. I don’t know what to say in that case.

Regards
MTaheem

Hello MTaheem,

Ah, great to see that you have now described the issue that made you post your question. It would be interesting (maybe even necessary) to hear some details regarding those 'opposite readings' - in order to understand your problem at little bit more.

However, I would like to add that in some of my (early) research projects I have even seen hand readers from the same school arriving at opposite conclusions.

So, one can not simply say that the 'opposite readings' are only the result of the method used - maybe those hand readers looked at different aspects of your hand? Maybe one of them made a mistake in the assessment of one aspect of the hand?

PS. In general, I think it is very good that you started comparing the readings presented by both palmists - because that nearly always delivers 'food for thought' (even when the readings do not contradict!). Thumbs up!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pravin kumar Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:36 am

Martijn,

I entire agree with you. I have seen palmist seeing the palms by their own method. I think I read in Richard Webster Book the method he followed. He started methodically from Index Finger to the Saturn and then Apollo and then mercury (I recall this from memory) and so on. I do it by observing what attracts me most i.e. which portion of the palm and so on. But if more than one palmist were to comment on a particular point even then the reading could be different which could also be the expression they use to describe the same thing in their own words.

Martijn (admin) wrote:
MTaheem wrote:Dear Pravin Sir, Kiran and Martijn,

Regards
MTaheem

Hello MTaheem,

Ah, great to see that you have now described the issue that made you post your question. It would be interesting (maybe even necessary) to hear some details regarding those 'opposite readings' - in order to understand your problem at little bit more.

However, I would like to add that in some of my (early) research projects I have even seen hand readers from the same school arriving at opposite conclusions.

So, one can not simply say that the 'opposite readings' are only the result of the method used - maybe those hand readers looked at different aspects of your hand? Maybe one of them made a mistake in the assessment of one aspect of the hand?

PS. In general, I think it is very good that you started comparing the readings presented by both palmists - because that nearly always delivers 'food for thought' (even when the readings do not contradict!). Thumbs up!

Secondly only recently you have put the highest sale of Palmistry Books in which William Benham's Book was Number 1. Any comment on that. I mean that is 20th Century Palmistry and still popular.

Pravin Kumar

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:41 am

pravin kumar wrote:
Secondly only recently you have put the highest sale of Palmistry Books in which William Benham's Book was Number 1. Any comment on that. I mean that is 20th Century Palmistry and still popular.

Pravin Kumar

Pravin, thank you for your question... but would you mind to re-formulate your question? Can you specify what you observed exactly?

(Sorry, so far I don't think that I understand your question)

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pravin kumar Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:33 pm

Dear Martijn ,

Modern Palmistry is different from the Palmistry followed in the 20th Century. I was happily surprised when I came to know that William Benham's Book on Palmistry, which is the palmistry followed in the last century, had the highest sales. That is what I wanted to comment upon. Before this the sales of modern authors on palmistry was highest.

I owe my knowledge to that Great Author and I follow it most of the time excepting for the age prediction.

Pravin Kumar

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:06 pm

pravin kumar wrote:Dear Martijn ,

Modern Palmistry is different from the Palmistry followed in the 20th Century. I was happily surprised when I came to know that William Benham's Book on Palmistry, which is the palmistry followed in the last century, had the highest sales. That is what I wanted to comment upon. Before this the sales of modern authors on palmistry was highest.

I owe my knowledge to that Great Author and I follow it most of the time excepting for the age prediction.

Pravin Kumar

Dear Pravin,

I don't know what you have in mind exactly with the words 'highest sales', but all I can say is that Benham's book has not been in the best-sellers TOP 10 during the past few years.

However, Benham's book is a very consistent performer in the TOP 11-20, see:
http://www.handresearch.com/book/palmistry-top-100-amazon-books-11-20.htm

PS. I would probably not count Benham's work as belonging to the category 'modern hand reading', because I think Benham has not described the idea that individual hand signs can be neutralized (compensated) by other hand signs.

So, while Benham described 'the success of hand reading is a matter of combinaion', he only talks about combinations of individual signs that reinforce each other... without mentioning that signs can neutralize each other.

He also talks a lot about starts, crosses, triangles, squares, etc... without describing them properly (he didn't present specific guidelines to recognize those signs in general) - I could even argue that he has

But Benham's work has been written very thoughtful, it was his time ahead, and it is far more details than far most books written in the 21 century... so I would recommend anyone to buy and study 'The Benham Book of Palmistry' anyway - but one should not underestimate the fact that his work was written/presented in the year 1900! Very Happy

Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:10 am

Hi Taheem,

(Assuming that the reader has considered all the markers and indicators in the palm):

If within the same school: Ideally the readings and conclusions shouldn't differ.

If from different schools of modern era: The outcome may or may not vary. For ex: If you take Richar Ungers system, they would give reading on life purpose and life lessons and in 5 elemental you may get to know about the 5 elements of your hands in details.

B/w, Ancient Indian and Modern palmistry: The outcome should definitely differ as the focus point itself is different. Modern palmistry doens't refer to chronological events at all. So, you can't get a matching reading.

Can you tell me what were those specific set of questions you're referring to( which stands common across chronology and quality!) ?

For ex: If you ask - when will I marry?
Ancient palmistry might tell you the age.
Modern palmistry will tell dive you into your emotional relam and make you understand your own emotional life, upon which you can build the marriage life.
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  MTaheem Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:59 am

Dear Pravin Sir, Kiran, Sari and Martijn,

Thank you for responding to my questions but i would like to close the discussion from my end.

Thanks once again.

Kind regards
MTaheem

MTaheem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down