Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» To accept palmistry is to accept determinism
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:01 pm by Whitewash112358

» Eight Trigram in the hand
Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:25 am by Leuka

» Jon Saint-Germain & Karmic Palmistry: Can anyone recommend him?
Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:02 am by nishaghai

» Hi from the Midlands
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:54 pm by Lynn

» What’s your go to palmistry book?
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:23 pm by justme0

» Island on mind line and broken life line
Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:18 am by nishaghai

» The marriage line
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:35 pm by calcalkitten99

» Please advise if this Fish sign
Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:37 pm by rinchu

» Cheiro's books + how he got caught on fraud in 1909!
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:40 pm by Martijn (admin)

» Two headlines
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:59 am by Priyanka257

» Request for a general read and focussed on sun mount signs
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:56 am by Gkeralan

» Fork at start of life line.
Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:24 am by pravin kumar

» life line broken in both hands
Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:01 am by yepiaoran

» Hello from Serbia
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:54 am by olgy_g

» About my government job
Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:12 pm by Priyanka257

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests

hknmurthy

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 293 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:22 am
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5617 registered users
The newest registered user is very

Our users have posted a total of 45453 messages in 4628 subjects
Top posting users this week
pravin kumar
 
Kazengen7
 
sofi93
 
shahid_says
 
deepu
 
very
 
Sgm123
 

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2015 with the assistance of Google adsense!


Pointing finger: check this out!



Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Did the human hand evolve for fighting?

Go down

Did the human hand evolve for fighting?

Post  Martijn (admin) on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:46 am



Did the human hand evolve for fighting? A new study from the University of Utah suggests that the size and shape of the human hand may have evolved for fighting… with bare fists!

New evidence suggests it was not just dexterity that shaped the human hand, violence may have been involved also. The scientist claim that hands may have evolved through natural selection to form a punching fist:

“The role aggression has played in our evolution has not been adequately appreciated,” said Professor David Carrier, from the University of Utah.

Via: HandFacts

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5250
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Did the human hand evolve for fighting?

Post  Sari on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:21 am

That's interesting but I struggle to believe that we evolved from apes, because apes are still here. thinking
avatar
Sari

Posts : 1042
Join date : 2010-11-23
Age : 51
Location : Queensland Australia

https://www.destinypalmistry.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Did the human hand evolve for fighting?

Post  pravin kumar on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:01 am

Dear Martijn,

I have read in William Benham's book that monkeys have fingers (apes may be included too) and hence have intellect but as their fingers are loose their brain is loose within. I am not using the exact words but the meaning something like that. So monkeys and other similar animals have intellect whereas all the other animals have only nails. Fingers denote intelligence and that is why Monkeys intelligence is somewhat like a human being. Monkeys also fight like human beings.

Martijn (admin) wrote:

Did the human hand evolve for fighting? A new study from the University of Utah suggests that the size and shape of the human hand may have evolved for fighting… with bare fists!

New evidence suggests it was not just dexterity that shaped the human hand, violence may have been involved also. The scientist claim that hands may have evolved through natural selection to form a punching fist:

“The role aggression has played in our evolution has not been adequately appreciated,” said Professor David Carrier, from the University of Utah.

Via: [url=http://handfacts.wordpress.com/2012/12/21/did-human-hand-shape-evolve-

for-fighting/]HandFacts[/url]

Pravin Kumar

pravin kumar

Posts : 4710
Join date : 2010-09-30
Age : 70
Location : Bombay

Back to top Go down

Re: Did the human hand evolve for fighting?

Post  Martijn (admin) on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:53 am

Sari wrote:That's interesting but I struggle to believe that we evolved from apes, because apes are still here. thinking

Hi Sari,

Don't worry Sari, the concept of 'evolution' does not implicate that species are meant to extinct. By the way... Charles Darwin (who designed the present concept of evolution) believed in a 'God driven universe'.

Maybe you will enjoy to read this article:
http://www.handresearch.com/news/vpro-beagle-charles-darwin-long-pointer-finger.htm



Charles Darwin

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5250
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Did the human hand evolve for fighting?

Post  Martijn (admin) on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:04 am

pravin kumar wrote:Dear Martijn,

I have read in William Benham's book that monkeys have fingers (apes may be included too) and hence have intellect but as their fingers are loose their brain is loose within. I am not using the exact words but the meaning something like that. So monkeys and other similar animals have intellect whereas all the other animals have only nails. Fingers denote intelligence and that is why Monkeys intelligence is somewhat like a human being. Monkeys also fight like human beings.

Yes Pravin, without any doubt... monkey's can fight; but despite their strenght, they are not good in fighting at all: they only tend to bite and overwalk each other with only a bit of pulling/pushing. They don't 'punch' eachother

In this sense 'monkey fighting' has far less evolved than in humans.


Video: 'Chimp fighting with two men (to get them leave their island)'



___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5250
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Did the human hand evolve for fighting?

Post  RishiRahul on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:17 pm

The difference between apes & humans depends upon on " space, time & identity'.
When monkeys evolved the 'time' was different and early; Intelligence was much less.

The evolution showed 'developed intelligence' specially revealed by the difference in the thumbs.
The primitives could fight & bicker small time; while as intelligence developed it turned different/sharper in action.


RishiRahul

RishiRahul

Posts : 109
Join date : 2011-11-22

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum