Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 46 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 46 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lifera
The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Voting17The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Voting19The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Voting18 
puneet
The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Voting17The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Voting19The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy

3 posters

Go down

The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Empty The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy

Post  Kiran.Katawa Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi all,
the 2nd edition of this book is released.
you can book the book now Smile
http://pdc-psyche.net/ind1.htm

Warm regards,
Kiran
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Empty Re: The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:39 pm

Thanks Kiran!

Thumb up
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy Empty Re: The 2nd Edition is Released: The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy

Post  learner Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:20 am

Is this available as a E-book ?

Or do they ship overseas?

Thanks.

learner

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:22 am

learner wrote:Is this available as a E-book ?

Or do they ship overseas?

Thanks.

Yes, as far as I know Holtzman does ship books overseas (but his books are not available as E-book).
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  learner Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:34 am

Greetings Mr. Martijn,

I need your expert opinion. Does this book use too much academic jargon from psychological field or can a normal intelligent person understand it ? I'm sure it'll take lot of study & practice. But will I have to refer to other psychological academic texts to understand its content. Do I need to be an expert in psychology ?

Thank you for your time.

learner

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:44 am

Hello learner,

That's an interesting question!

Well, the language itself is not academic. However, the book describes a psychoanalytic/psychodynamic perspective, so I do think that it probably does require some further reading to understand anything from his book.

Holtzman describes that his book is written for psychotherapists (though I think it has been read/studied more by people who do not have much experience in the field of psychology).

PS. However, in a way Holtzman's book does not connect with the traditions in the field of psychodiagnostics, because Holtzman claims that he has discovered dozens of syndromes that have never ever been described before (from my point of view this could indcate that his work will probably never find solid ground in the academic field; Holtzman sort of presents via PDC his own alternative perspective to study human behavior via the hand).
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  learner Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:01 am

Thank you for your response Mr. Martijn. That was very helpful. Allow me to ask a follow-up question.

Do you think it's worth the price or does it contain far too many unverified claims ?

I read his famous hands webpage & noted that he often bases his reading from an isolated feature such as short pinky, bent top phalange of index, etc. From a layman's perspective, isn't this likely to be misleading ?

I fear that in a few years, mainstream scientific research may invalidate his claims. I know you're in that field, but if you were not, would you buy it to enhance your skill ?

Want your opinion please.

learner

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:19 pm

learner wrote:Thank you for your response Mr. Martijn. That was very helpful. Allow me to ask a follow-up question.

Do you think it's worth the price or does it contain far too many unverified claims ?

I read his famous hands webpage & noted that he often bases his reading from an isolated feature such as short pinky, bent top phalange of index, etc. From a layman's perspective, isn't this likely to be misleading ?

I fear that in a few years, mainstream scientific research may invalidate his claims. I know you're in that field, but if you were not, would you buy it to enhance your skill ?

Want your opinion please.

Hi learner, your ability to present interesting questions (+ make observations) is very good!

Regarding the price of Holtzman's book, I do think it is worthed; however, regarding your 2nd question... I must admit that to me it is very unclear how Holtzman has validated and verified his theories; so far he has presented only 1 scientific study (with questionable results).

Yes, I fully understand your observation regarding Holtzman's famous hands page - well observed.

(I have noticed myself that in various cases that Holtzman sometime describes hand characteristics that are not really there; I had to make this conclusion after studying some other photos than the ones that he presents on his website... see for example: http://www.pdc.co.il/puffdad.htm - Puff Daddy's index finger is actually much longer than suggested by this photo, see:http://i.ytimg.com/vi/jeAdm8QSeVc/0.jpg ; in the past I have shared with Holtzman likewise feedback regarding his Obama article - that was received with skepsis by some other professional hand readers around the world).

One could wonder what this implicates regarding his use of quality standards while composing his work, but I can guarantee you that the materials in Holtzman's book have been selected with much more care... so his book 'looks' much better than his famous hand page.

As a matter of fact, I could even say that Holtzman's book represents one of the most beautiful illustrated books in the field of hand reading. See for example his sample pages: http://www.pdc.co.il/pages.htm

I hope this is enough for you to make your decision?

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:26 pm

My opinion:

I have read the sample pages and found them interesting and there is minimal usage of psychological terms. Even, if he uses some complex words, we always have google. But, IMO, learning from his books would be tremendous help, considering that he has done research and has come to conclusions. And I think - we should be able to take these terms and relate to a readee's day to day life events and help him/her understanding himself.

I am not a psychologist by profession. But, I find the subject interesting and can be related to palm reading. It takes time for me also to absorb the things which he says. But, his points can be related to many things in palmreading.

I should say - I am quite excited and looking forward for my copy, which I have already ordered. cheers happy yel

Last edited by Kiran.Katawa on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sentence corrections.)
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  learner Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Mr. Martijn,

Thank you again for your valuable input. I felt the same about Holtzman’s reading of Obama. I suspect that his readings on those pages are partially colored by his own emotional baggage & political views.
Anyway, based on what you have told me, I’ve made the decision to buy the book.

Mr. Katawa, your opinion further encourages me to go ahead.
So – I WILL BUY THE BOOK !!!!

Last edited by learner on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Proper Format)

learner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down