Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 69 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 69 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47487 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Sumit
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Voting17I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Voting19I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Voting18 
rajashri
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Voting17I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Voting19I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man!

+12
Manfred
guypalm
Sucom
anithapalm
knox gillespie
Kiran.Katawa
Christopher Jones
Parender
Lynn
RishiRahul
Patti
Martijn (admin)
16 posters

Page 43 of 43 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43

Go down

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Empty Re: I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man!

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:25 pm

And... the thumb is also recognized to separate first from the other fingers, which provides another clue that the thumb really should be recognized to represent a more internal developed part of the hand compared to the fingers - so, it's not just the position of the thumb which provides a clue (again, the more internalized organs & body parts tend to start developing earlier in the prenatal development than the more externalized body parts!).

(Source: On the formation of fingerprints, M.U. Kuecken, 2004; page 49)

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Prenat10
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Empty Re: I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man!

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:31 pm

... And here's another confirming example:

In the perspective of the anatomy people like Francis Galton describe the thumb-side as the 'inner' and pinky-side as the 'outer', see Galton's famous document 'Finger prints' pag 70:

"The phrases we shall employ will be the Inner
and the Outer ; or thumb-side and little-finger side
(terms which were unfortunately misplaced in my
memoir in the Phil. Trans. 1891)."

http://www.biometricbits.com/Galton-Fingerprints-1892.pdf

PS. Here's a more recent source which describes the radius to represent the 'inner' of the forearm and the 'ulnar' the outer, see the light blue block on page 94 in:
Human Biology
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rajeevkrsharmaji Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:32 am

Hello,

The importance of thumb is reflected in the range of movements possible at this joint and a huge representation in the cerebral cortex.

Development- wise too it distinguishes primates from other animals which may be related to their superior higher mental functions.

rajeevkrsharmaji

Back to top Go down

Post  rajeevkrsharmaji Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:57 pm

the cerebral representations

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 43 Thumb10

rajeevkrsharmaji

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:24 am

Earlier today I became aware of another fundamental argument that appears to be relevant for this thumb discussion:

Generally, a life line which manifests as a wide circle inside the palm usually gets associated to represent a sign indicative for a more outgoing/adventurous personality.

For example, Lori Read describes it in her book 'The Art of Hand Reading' as follows (page 55):

"The Life Line swings out

When the life line forms a wide semicircle that sweeps out tot the center of the palm it denotes an extrovert and exuberant person. The further out the line sweeps, the more expansive the nature."

And here's another example presented by Ed Campbell's work 'The Encyclopedia of Palmistry' for the life line (page 138):

"A broad arch indicates a warm, sensual, and emotionally responsive person. A line that hugs close to the thumb indicates an inhibited, cold, unresponsive subject."

This perspective suggests that a more ulnar directed development for the life line typically gets associated with a personality that is more focussed on the external (outer) world... which implicit appears to suggest that the thumb itself is more related to the internal (inner) world.

And thus this widely used traditional perspective appears to confirm the hypothesis that the thumb can best be understood to related to the inner world.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  learner Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:18 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Earlier today I became aware of another fundamental argument that appears to be relevant for this thumb discussion:

Generally, a life line which manifests as a wide circle inside the palm usually gets associated to represent a sign indicative for a more outgoing/adventurous personality.

For example, Lori Read describes it in her book 'The Art of Hand Reading' as follows (page 55):

"The Life Line swings out

When the life line forms a wide semicircle that sweeps out tot the center of the palm it denotes an extrovert and exuberant person. The further out the line sweeps, the more expansive the nature."

And here's another example presented by Ed Campbell's work 'The Encyclopedia of Palmistry' for the life line (page 138):

"A broad arch indicates a warm, sensual, and emotionally responsive person. A line that hugs close to the thumb indicates an inhibited, cold, unresponsive subject."

This perspective suggests that a more ulnar directed development for the life line typically gets associated with a personality that is more focussed on the external (outer) world... which implicit appears to suggest that the thumb itself is more related to the internal (inner) world.

And thus this widely used traditional perspective appears to confirm the hypothesis that the thumb can best be understood to related to the inner world.

Hello Martijn,

If venus occupies greater area because life line swings out, then doesn't it mean that radial mount is more developed or prominent? I think this is reason behind Reid and Campbell's logic for extroverted personality because Venus is linked to love and social life.  So I wonder if swinging lifeline may represent a greater radial development instead of ulna.

But I could be wrong.  Just wanted to express my thought. But I agree that thumb relates to inner world.

learner

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:06 pm

learner wrote:
Hello Martijn,

If venus occupies greater area because life line swings out, then doesn't it mean that radial mount is more developed or prominent? I think this is reason behind Reid and Campbell's logic for extroverted personality because Venus is linked to love and social life.  So I wonder if swinging lifeline may represent a greater radial development instead of ulna.

But I could be wrong.  Just wanted to express my thought. But I agree that thumb relates to inner world.

Good point learner, I understand the nature of your association.

However, traditionally the development of the life line by principle stands on it's own... and for sure it does not directly provide a clue regarding the development of the thenar zone (mount of venus). So even though I understand your association (which I recognize as a fundamental point of concern), I think it would be a mistake to simply assume what you just described, because one could fairly argue here that the points made by Reid & Campbell do not anyhow refer directly to the development of the thenar.

Nevertheless... Lori Reid's theory is very explicit: a life line that progresses more towards the ulnar side of the hand is associated with 'extraversion', and since in general the lines are getting associated with process involving consciousness it can said that the vitality associated with the life line is sort of transferred more towards the 'outer world' (= ulnar side of the hand). Additionally, one might put an analysis of the thenar (mount of venus) vs. the hypothenar (mount of moon) on top of this... but one can not draw ANY conclusion for that from just the reach of the life line.

I hope this make sense?

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  learner Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:41 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
learner wrote:
Hello Martijn,

Good point learner, I understand the nature of your association.

However, traditionally the development of the life line by principle stands on it's own... and for sure it does not directly provide a clue regarding the development of the thenar zone (mount of venus). So even though I understand your association (which I recognize as a fundamental point of concern), I think it would be a mistake to simply assume what you just described, because one could fairly argue here that the points made by Reid & Campbell do not anyhow refer directly to the development of the thenar.

Nevertheless... Lori Reid's theory is very explicit: a life line that progresses more towards the ulnar side of the hand is associated with 'extraversion', and since in general the lines are getting associated with process involving consciousness it can said that the vitality associated with the life line is sort of transferred more towards the 'outer world' (= ulnar side of the hand). Additionally, one might put an analysis of the thenar (mount of venus) vs. the hypothenar (mount of moon) on top of this... but one can not draw ANY conclusion for that from just the reach of the life line.  

I hope this make sense?

wave

It makes sense. I think as you say, the swinging of life line to ulna should not be connected to venus development. The path of the life line and development of venus are exclusive things which will produce different results in combination.

Thanks for the explanation.

learner

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:19 am

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven   Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven
2016 Milestone for this topic:
No.1 in MOST VIEWED TOPICS (10 stars) + No.1 in MOST ACTIVE TOPICS (10 stars)

This topic was created in december 2010 and includes over 1000+ replies made about the fundamentals related to the thumb; this topic has been one the most viewed discussions (12.000+) at the Modern Hand Reading Forum!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 43 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43