Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Comment on my blog
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:50 am by Janhealth

» help with my job concern please
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:30 am by nishaghai

» Can Palmistry check out the disease?
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:08 pm by Sue Miller

» Trident on saturn mount & double life line
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:04 pm by nishaghai

» Help please
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:36 pm by Nehanu

» Forever alone. Could you please look at my relationship/marriage line signs?
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:18 pm by pravin kumar

» General Query
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:54 pm by D

» Tough time understanding my palm
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:16 pm by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Hello, I'm new here
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:03 pm by vijayghrpd91

» Humble Request for Palm Reading
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:58 pm by pravin kumar

» Rhoda, Madame LA Roux, and Linda Domin
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:39 am by daskell

» Marriage/ Trident on palm
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:37 am by pravin kumar

» What does this form of life line mean?
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:33 pm by cromaveg

» Work and children
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:16 pm by Stefania

» interesting Fate line?
How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:08 am by amit_plawat

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 293 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:22 am
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5822 registered users
The newest registered user is ferdidaz

Our users have posted a total of 46884 messages in 4814 subjects
Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Empty Re: How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines?

Post  pravin kumar on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:32 am

Lynn said :
Hi Pravin, I understand what you are saying, when I first learnt palmistry I used to say similar things eg "if they are not your own children, they are children you feel close to, maybe nephews/nieces etc". But eventually I thought...really, what am I saying?! If they represent other children, it means that the "child lines" cannot accurately predict how many children the person will have as their own sons & daughters. I fear we are in the realms of 'making it fit' 'self-fulfilling prophecy' etc. ???

I can't answer your question why Cheiro, Benham etc talk about relationship lines, but for sure I have found more times these lines are unreliable than they are true!

re "If you permit I will show you daily some palm prints in other forums which will defy logic but they are quite few, still they are there."

Dear Lynn,

What I stated was that whether it is marriage line or children line or any other line for that matter. On most occasions Marriage or Relationship lines are found to be correct and sometimes it is difficult to explain. But you say otherwise that most of the time Marriage/Relationship lines are found to be unreliable. This is what I wanted to state. I have only one marriage line and I am married for 36 years now and I find these lines in many many cases to be right but I do admit sometimes it is wrong and you say it otherwise then why all those authors of the past (I have named only a few) referred to them as marriage lines. There must be some strong base for that.

I would like to know which are the present authors/experts who totally ignore this line as marriage/relationship lines and then I will give them examples in so many of the forums including Palmistry Primal Focus and this one and a host of others where persons will confirm having been married. What I am getting at is nothing is totally certain 100% for any prediction but what works in majority of the cases has to be taken right whether the above be true in majority cases or wrong.

There is one palm print in Indian Palmistry Forum where a palmist has given the palm of print of person whose most of the life is contrary to what he has come out to be.

You see the palms of Mukesh Ambani (one of the top ten richest person in the world) and that of Anil Ambani (his younger brother and not far behind in rich category of world renowed rich persons). Nothing extraordinary in their palm as compared to an ordinary persons with somewhat similar markings. In fact Anil Ambani's palm is longer from wrist to the tips of fingers as compared tothe width. Mukesh Ambani's palm is not long from wrist to tip of finger compared to the breadth of the palm.

You will find their palm prints in Indian Palmistry Forum. If their names are not give against the palm print imagine how difficult it would be to predict they are extremely rich. Can logic satisfy their wealth and the position they hold or for that matter of other great well known persons of the world. Benham clearly states that in such case the status of the person is to be taken into consideration to give reading but if you do not know the person how can you say that person is so rich as to be classified as one of the 10 most richest person (Mukesh Ambani) or even in the top 100 rich persons of the world (Anil Ambani).

You will give your examples and I will give my examples but nothing is 100% correct. So I go by the majority reading of an indication. If there is some wrong reading then exprience and logic is taken into consideration to rectify the error or to think out what could be the alternative. It is not to make my prophecy right and your wrong but palmistry cannot claim to be 100% correct and what percentage correct it is, is one's own experience.

Well in a reading given by a Senior Palmist in MysticBoard.com last year may. He read the palm of a person in great difficulty and his reading was based on the passive/left palm of the person and he gave his reasons for doing it and the reading was fantastic, confirmed by the person to be totally correct. This person says he learnt it from a person in Korea/China. Cannot remember exactly where. I can give you the details of this reading and tell you where the palm prints are. I never read about this anywhere else.

Pravin Kumar

Last edited by Lynn on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : (edited by Lynn to put 'quote' in box))

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Empty The marriage lines in scientific vocabulary: "E-lines"

Post  Martijn (admin) on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:33 pm

I would like to add to this discussion, that there is also a 'scientific perspective' available for the "marriage lines".

Scientific sources have described these lines as "E-lines" - because these lines often manifest in the right hand as the letter "E" (in the left hand the a reversed "E"). Researchers have described that typically there are 3 of those lines, with the center line being the shortest line (see the picture below).

Two scientific sources where these lines have been described:

- http://www.nifs.com.au/Publications/June03/NIFS_June2003.pdf (page 20)
- http://www.cse.msu.edu/biometrics/Publications/Palmprints/JainDemirkusOnLatentPalmprintMatching08.pdf (page 4)
- Schaumann & Alter: 'Dermatoglyphics in medical disorders' (1976, page 112).

How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 E-line10

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Empty Re: How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines?

Post  sv-b on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:51 pm

Hello martijn, Smile

Thanks for the scientific information. Out of curious, i would like to know, have E-lines been related to any medical disorder statistics on scientific grounds? or The middle one of E-line is explained as shortest among three. had it been confirmed through statistics?

Smile

sv-b

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:03 pm

stalin.v wrote:Hello martijn, Smile

Thanks for the scientific information. Out of curious, i would like to know, have E-lines been related to any medical disorder statistics on scientific grounds? or The middle one of E-line is explained as shortest among three. had it been confirmed through statistics?

Smile

Hello Stalin, Smile

I think my answer to both of your questions will be a 'no' (because I am not aware of any statistics regarding the "E-lines").

By the way, the pictures presented in the first 2 sources that I mentioned (see my former post), display that the middle line is relatively often the shortest (I know, this is not always true - but appears to a common pattern!).

I have noticed the same pattern in quite a few people, but I have no statistics available for that. Sorry, I have never researched this aspect of the hand with statistics.

But I can imagine that these "E lines" can be used as a good point of reference to study this topic in greater detail.

wave

Martijn van Mensvoort
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sv-b on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:20 pm

Hello martijn, Smile

Thanks for the prompt reply. How can we evolve in our further studies on marriage line with the title " E-Line". can we open a poll for marriage line to get a statistics? I just curious how scientifically it was considered that middle line will be shortest. Indeed, interesting. We can not really say that most of the individual have 3 marriage line as concerned by the scientific vocabulary. May be the scientist who named this line ,had 3 marriage line and named it E-line? Smile

sv-b

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Hi Stalin,

To give you an impression...

I just took a look at 10 handprints (both hands of 10 people) from my collection... and found that all these people have 3 (or more) "marriage lines" in at least one hand (and a majority shows this characteristic in both hands).

So... I think this basically confirms the basic concept of the "E-lines".

Regarding the center line being the smallest: in my sample of 10 cases... I have observed this pattern only in 3 hands (concerning only 2 people) - so maybe some other variants are likewise common.

PS. By the way, I also noticed that in quite a few the number of lines varies between both hands... which is another major concern regarding the 'reliability' of these lines.

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Martijn van Mensvoort
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Empty help

Post  Sargam Psychic Reader on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:52 pm

then what should be the medium to predict one's marriage or number of relationships a person had or going to have. Even i have noticed single relationship lines on the hands of person who are having more than one relationship.

So can you please tell me what should be the right method to predict marriage time of number of relationships? scratch

Sargam Psychic Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) on Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:46 pm

Hello Sargam wave - welcome at this forum!

Regarding your question, it appears that quite a few 'experienced' members agree that there are no (commonly accepted) reliable methods available... there are only (unreliable) 'alternative theories' - written in books without any supportive evidence.

NOTICE: Some authors are very aware of the problem, but decided to present the classic theory anyway in their book - probably with a 'commercial motive'.

PS. A few of those alternative theories have been mentioned in the another discussion (though I noticed that you already found that discussion as well):
http://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/iiie-vedic-palmistry-f5/love-marriage-indicative-lines-t324.htm

Martijn van Mensvoort
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  destiny11 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:08 pm

Hello Lynn,

Thank you so much for your comment, i was starting to feel very disheartened with that awful reading about my relationship lines. Thank you for pointing out this section, i realise that these lines are not accurate at all. I've also looked at friends hands who have had more than one line but only had one relationship. Also there are no way near enough lines on my hand to represent the love ive had for certain people over the years. If any of this was true, i would have a line for each person, but i dont. I am hoping to keep a positive mind frame and not dwell on the reading i had. These readings should inspire people and give them hope or advise them to improve their way of thinking in order to improve their lives. That should be the purpose of palmists. Smile

destiny11

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:37 pm

Hello destiny11,

Great to see how Lynn's comments (in this topic and your topic) have helped you to recognize that sometimes it is quite fair to question the value of a reading!!

And thank you for including your feedback about your 'affection lines' (= relationship lines).

Thumbs up!

Martijn van Mensvoort
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Empty Marriage Lines

Post  Parender on Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:59 am

Marriage Lines create more interest than all the other lines in the hand, but, I believe that these lines offer probably the greatest difficulties of all the Palmists-even to the most experienced one. This is true that number of lines does not show number of marriages. Only a long and deep line of Union in a ‘good hand’ can be interpreted as marriage, but, ‘this must be as far as possible be confirmed of an event discovered elsewhere in the hand’.

Most probably any line commencing from Mount of Moon and joining the Fate line is sure sign of marriage or Union. This usually found on the hands of women. In the men’s hands these lines indicate sole indications of ‘emotional attachment’ with the person of opposite sex really left their marks in the subject’s brain and consequently in his palm. Same is the story of minor lines at the percussion.

I insist upon the principle that Union in the hand is not to be understood as meaning only legal Union. “Marriage is an act of legally uniting a man and woman in wedlock through a marriage ceremony”- this is according to the Webster dictionary. Marriage is an institution established by the church and state and does not always represent emotion. Union has broader meaning in Palmistry and therefore every line there cannot denote a legal Marriage.

I have studied and read the hands of many persons who were married, but, had no or very faint Marriage Lines on their hands. This shows that the marriage has not influenced them or had very little effects on them and that the marriages were of convenient and comforts. I have never seen this occurrence on a woman’s hand, but, have seen in a number of times on the men’s hands. Marriage does not affect every person in the same way.

If you see one deep clear and unbroken long horizontal line with a good Heart Line supported by good Head Line, then you will know these truths to be self-evident of Marriage. These lines are sometimes seen in the hands of the persons who have not really entered into the wedlock, but, this happen when the subject has loved truly as fondly as if he had been joined in wedlock. In such subject a line of union will appear the same as though the ceremony had been performed. In fact these deep lines are the lines of deep affection on the hands rather than lines of marriages. It will be more appropriate if these lines are viewed from this standpoint.

Looking for the Heart Line is essential while studying the Marriage Line. If Heart Line is deep clear and un broken than expect even a thin mild line of Marriage will have greater effects on the subject and the relationship or institution of Marriage will work smoothly through the life span, because the Heart Line gives sufficient energy warmth and consistency to preserve it. A clear independent cross on the Mount of Jupiter will confirm this.

There are many types of Heart Lines. How we can decide the horizontal lines at the percussion of the palms as marriage lines without considering the ‘Heart’ line? After all any ‘typed’ of ‘Heart’ (emotional thinking) is needed to love someone.

If you find no lines of affection at the place, it shows your subject is not powerfully impressed by anyone member of the opposite sex so far. Lines here relate to the members of the opposite sex only.

The type of the subject must be considered always while reading the Marriage Line. Venusians are much inclined to get marry early and a little line at that place will denote marriage. Saturanians are less inclined to get married on an early age or getting married at all. These persons dislike marriage and do not want to tie himself permanently to anyone. Apollonian desire to get marry early, but, much of the failures is found in this category, because they want brilliant partners like themselves and do not always get them. Mercurians and Martians are also inclined to get marry early. Lunarians are peculiar about marriage sometime they contempt and sometimes admire the institution of marriage.

Hand must be analyzed in totality when we consider any aspect of a person whatsoever it might be. ‘No line on the palm is absolute in itself’. In fact, Heart Line and other factors such as Head Line, Fate Line, Simian Line, fingers, nails etc. will decide as how the person is taking his/her emotional attachments. Reading marriage/affection/union lines is not an easy job but very complicated affair indeed. Here completeness, efficiency, past experience and personal talent counts. A person who has this can easily predict what is what. If someone has derived a definite formula in this regard, I would love to know.

Parender Sethi
Parender
Parender

http://www.enjoylifefoodart.com

Back to top Go down

How dependable / reliable are relationship / marriage lines? - Page 3 Empty marriage lines undependable

Post  raven on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:38 pm

I think this discussion shows how dangerous it is to make predictions re emotional events. (which marriage is). I think the best use of palmistry is to point out patterns of behaviour to help a person make better choices.

Predictions re health issues can be helpful but in general I don't find a focus on second guessing the future very useful. It just parlour tricks.

I am also an astrologer and the same holds true in Astrology. You can point out trends and cycles and help someone prepare for change etc but I never say something specific will occur because that denies free will. . My main goal is to empower a person to know themselves better and to see what patterns they may be repeating in their life. I think predicting outcomes is a dangerous and disabling practice.

What I was taught re marriage lines is that they show patterns of relating and not marriage specifically...and only a very distinct and unusual line should be given attention.

raven
raven

http://www.aurumastrology.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum