Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 46 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 44 Guests

Lynn, Raygunna

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 293 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:22 am
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5164 registered users
The newest registered user is somannitin

Our users have posted a total of 43036 messages in 4264 subjects
Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2015 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Ngaranyin perspective on hands- Kimberley Indigenous Australians

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ngaranyin perspective on hands- Kimberley Indigenous Australians

Post  Felicity Martin on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:45 am

In studying the many fascinating aspects of our Indigenous Australians, most would be aware of the amazing Wandjina paintings of the North Kimberleys- and the Ngarinyin people who comprise three groupings all linked through these paintings. The Wandjina paintings are haunting images that have only faces and halo like appearances.

The Wandjina , according to the Ngaranyin people, emanated from the rocks themselves so be seen and then painted by the shaman. One of these shaman was the wonderful David Mowaljarlei who shared with Hannah Rachel Bell, expressed in her book Men's Business, Women's Business these thoughts on hands.

'I write with my right hand, my left hand gives me balance, support and lift to dance a two handed life'.
He also when reflecting on the Law, Wurnan, the Law of Relationships, which is implicit in their world view went on to share more on hands...

That each has different functions and strengths, responding to different sides of the brain, and that just as it is very difficult to tie shoelaces with fingers on the same hand, so too this reflects the nature of relationships , with each being separate, there is a complementary and cooperative input, right hand and left hands working separately but together.

The Ngarinyin worldview is a profound belief that relationships, which are reciprocal are the primary unit of life. And in saying there are always two, David Mowaljarlei held up both index fingers, never two on one hand.

I found it fascinating studying the parallels between the early mystical stream of Kaballah and that on the Ngarinyin

Ref: Bell H. R.(1998), Men's Business: Woman's Business: the Spiritual role of gender in the world's oldest culture,  Inner Traditions, Rochester, Vermont,
Felicity Martin

http://www.hallettgalleryfelicitymartin.com.au

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum