Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 73 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 73 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47487 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Voting17which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Voting19which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Voting18 
Sumit
which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Voting17which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Voting19which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

which time scale of fate line fits in your practice?

+9
nonas_insights
astroman123
GoodPalmist
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya
Patti
Martijn (admin)
anu_d
pravin kumar
sv-b
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Empty Re: which time scale of fate line fits in your practice?

Post  sv-b Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:14 pm

Hello martijn, Smile

I think, Astro-palmistry is only practiced in india. what's your opinion? The word "yog" also used in many aspect of hinduism. ie., meditation techniques, Tantra practices, astrology etc.,

Thus, I believe that yog study on palmistry is belongs to indian system of palmistry.

sv-b

Back to top Go down

which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Empty Re: which time scale of fate line fits in your practice?

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:38 pm

stalin.v wrote:Hello martijn, Smile

I think, Astro-palmistry is only practiced in india. what's your opinion? The word "yog" also used in many aspect of hinduism. ie., meditation techniques, Tantra practices, astrology etc.,

Thus, I believe that yog study on palmistry is belongs to indian system of palmistry.

Okay Stalin,

Thanks for your first response... but I hope that you will continue your search for the first manifestion of the 'Yog' in palmistry.

For, I repeat: so far I think the 'Yog' has been mentioned in only a few (recent) books about Indian palmistry - and these books are certainly not very old:
- Dr.Narayan Dutt Shrimali - 'Practical Palmistry' (2004)
- Dr. Bhojraj Dwivedi - 'Wonders of Palmistry' (2002)

Stalin, do you know any older titles where 'Yogs' are described?

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sv-b Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Hello martijn, Smile

Obviously, I am naive in astro- palmistry and beginner in astrology. Hence, I cannot give you the earliest books on yog study. However, I will surely emphasis the treasure of ancient works on indian palmistry over
a period of time. Till now, I have never searched for palmistry classics deliberately. The books which i have are just accidental.( most of them i got from railway stations of india when i do rare travels).

p.s: I admire your collection of book. wondering why you are not following predictive palmistry ( may be due to cultural adaptation ). still, i suggest you that make an research on indian palmistry through your indian palmistry books and apply it in your practice. Indeed, you can become a best predictive palmist like the celebrated british predictive palmist. cheiro. I am well sure about it. can you present cheiro's palm in the forum?

sv-b

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:02 pm

Hey Stalin, Cheiro's palm is already featured in this forum (section VIa) - see:

https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/via-famous-hands-the-hands-of-celebrities-honourable-individuals-remarkable-people-f23/the-hand-of-cheiro-the-most-famous-palmist-of-all-times-t39.htm

Rock on!

PS. I am looking forward to see you comment about his hand! lol!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Empty Timing on Fateline

Post  Patti Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:03 pm

I've found that the fate line is unreliable for consistent dating (same age, same spot on all hands) except for the area where it crosses the head line. Reading that crossing point as around mid 30's 'works' for me in a general sort of way. Sometimes even in confirmation to changes at the same age on the life ine.

Also, I have found that in reality, the fate line marks itself downwards in parallel to the lifeline from around early to mid 30's (age on life line). This method (not a system) would show the fate line marks itself in response to current events in one area, yet can still be read in the other area (crossing head line). I read the direction of the fate line as it crosses the headline as defining the directions in life a person is pulled toward whereas the markings that appear in parallel to the life line, are more related to current situations. I haven't thought to document this previously, but now that I have, I will watch for it and take some photos.

Patti
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Upendrasingh Bhadoriya Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:16 pm

Respected Martijn
Namaste,
Many yog are given in Vedic astrology and one more thing practitioner of astrology and palmistry had mixed astrological terminology with palmistry. You have mentioned two name of gentlemen, they were very popular in north or north-west India. One of them dared to fit astrological yogs in palmistry which are not applicable to practical palmistry. I have both books(Hindi Version) and tried many times to use them but they are not applicable and some of them are impossible formation of lines as shown in pictures of book. Rest is OK.
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya

http:// http://www.vedicastrostar.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:31 pm

Hello mister Upendrasingh Bhadoriya,

Thank you again for sharing your experience again at this forum. Your comment is very specified and therefore quite usefull. Thumbs up!

Are you aware that other authors of (older) palmistry books have described the topic of the 'yog' as well? (Maybe books written in other than English language?)

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Upendrasingh Bhadoriya Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:56 pm

Thank You Martijn for your prompt reply,
I have one Hindi book named “Sachitra Samudrik Rahsyam” written by Late Pt. KalikaPrasad ( Rajjyotishi Of Banaras State)(Royal Astrologer of Banaras State) having good palmistry in form of ‘Shloka’ printed in Samvat 1984 means before 84 year i.e. 1924 AD in which 25 Yogs are given in separate chapter named “Yogavali”.
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:09 pm

Excellent! Thank you for sharing that info!!

Thumb up

PS. One more question: can you please confirm that this is exactly the title of the book: "Sachitra Samudrik Rahsyam"... no spelling mistake?

(Let me explain: I am wondering about the 'spelling' because I can not find any info about this title...???)
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sv-b Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:19 pm

Do westerns want to know the sources of palmistry through these kind of moves? can you clarify it? world already knows about sun bath of stone age man .. I will be funny , impersonal, and selfless Smile

sv-b

Back to top Go down

Post  Upendrasingh Bhadoriya Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:44 am

Martijn , Stalin and other participants
Namskaram,
There are many titles of palmistry which are not traceable in web world but I am not sure about this title. Hereby I am putting name of same title “Sachitra Samudrik Rahsyam” in Hindi “सचित्र-सामुद्रिकरहस्यम् ” if any one can spell well in English is free to do this. I have many books of palmistry which are not familiar to modern palmistry even in fast moving era. Some of these are very peculiar so it can be used in India or in Indian society only. Our sages told us to use Sastra (science or knowledge) according to ‘देश’ (region) and ‘क़ाल’ (era) otherwise you will not find them perfect. And this advise applicable to all.
I want to quote a paragraph from the book “Lovers guide to palmistry” of Mary E. Anderson chapter-1 The Man’s Viewpoint page 13
‘Never marry a woman with square hand or she’ll rule your life’ is a quotation from the great palmist, Comte de St. Germain, Who wrote his greatest work Palmistry For Professional Purpose in 1897.
If picking a partner by the hand shape was important then. It is still important now. As society becomes more complex, so do the people live in it. For instance, a girl with square palm today is far more of an asset from point of view of being practical, hard-working and able to manage, because women today will not stand for being just a decoration and most women work anyway. Therefore, unless you have pot of money, marry a girl with square hands.

But still in my country some orthodox people do not allow dominating or working or intelligent life partner. For them it useless to choose square hand girl likewise there are many things of palmistry, which are not working universally. Hence though we have enough knowledge of palmistry, without knowing the culture of people we fail to assess them or give the answer of their question and predict their forth coming events.
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:38 am

Upendrasingh Bhadoriya wrote:Martijn , Stalin and other participants
Namskaram,
There are many titles of palmistry which are not traceable in web world but I am not sure about this title. Hereby I am putting name of same title “Sachitra Samudrik Rahsyam” in Hindi “सचित्र-सामुद्रिकरहस्यम् ” if any one can spell well in English is free to do this. ...
Dear Mister Upendrasingh Bhadoriya,

Thank you very much for specifying your answer!

Aha...!! The original title was written in Hindi language! Smile That explains why I could not find your title.

By the way, you made quite a few other interesting comments in your statement!!

Very interesting to hear that some Indian sages say that not all 'theories' can be applied outside the states where these are part of the culture.

I hope that our forum-friends who feel a passion for 'ancient palmistry' (such as: Stalin.v) will read your words carefully... because your examples point out why not all ancient knowledge is still usefull today! (Though basically this is of course not surprizing at all... for I think that idea is basically shared by most philosophies & religions around the world - which relates to the 'evolution' or ideas)

And I love the example regarding women with a square hand - it is even quite funny!! applause

Thanks again for sharing your experience & ideas!

Thumbs up!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodPalmist Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:53 am

This is just my humble opinion:

The old combinations are frequently unworkable in modern times. I've spoken to several astrologers. If the old meanings are applied verbatim to planetary combinations (and by extension to palm lines), they will often make no sense in modern times.

The most misleading are those relating to women's character. Some of the most intelligent, productive, far-sighted women would have been discarded in ancient times as 'useless' wives. Many bold, confident female go-getters and leaders would have been branded as unchaste, unfaithful and aggressive.

Those of us who rely rigidly on ancient palmistry are doing ourselves a big disservice by not recognizing the obselete combinations.
That said, I, in my own limited way, do use some ancient combinations to arrive at my own conclusions. After substantial practical investigation I either discard it or apply it with some modifications appropriate to changing times. My personal opinion is that it would be equally foolish to totally disregard ancient knowledge, but that is just my opinion and have no desire to argue with anyone who thinks otherwise.
GP

GoodPalmist

Back to top Go down

Post  sv-b Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:13 pm

Hello goodpalmist, Smile

I dont want to debate with you. I consider your views with open mind. but, fact is exactly the opposite. sun , planets and stars are ancient. Indeed, it has not been modified in this modern times. The rules of ancients are perfect all the time if they were perfected beings. We , indians have the shrines of Goddesses. That alone can illustrate you how importance we give for women. The creation , sustenence, and destruction is not only occuring to the universe. It happens even in the womb of women, which is been termed menstrual cycle by the moderns. This is the manifestation we see. The main and center shrine compartment of every hindu temple is termed garbaha mandala. Meaning is womb(productive) manifested system. We hindu, use to revolve around the main compartment of the temple thrice or once or 108 times depends on the deities which we revolve. Still, we hindu know that the basic principle gives ways for both monotheism and polytheism. It is not only idolatry. when we revolve those shrines, we have to undertand that it is equal to revolving the whole universe , being a manifestation. It is nearly initial devotion of hindus. The ideal devotion could be obtained by spritualist through penance. They dont need idols for their devotion.

Palm wont say lie. but, peoples can. This is where we miss our verifications. Smile

sv-b

Back to top Go down

Post  astroman123 Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:02 am

wow, hot discussion here
i don't have any feedback with regards to timing techniques in palmistry, but i would like to share with you my knowledge of timing techniques in face reading. Some of you may find it helpful.

There are different schools of timing in Chinese face reading. Some people believe we should read from the client's left if he's a guy and from the right if she's a woman. Others believe this isn't necessary.

The next question comes when it comes to age. In modern times we aren't considered 21 unless we have reached our 21st birthday, but in ancient times (and modern Korea) we are considered age 1 once we are born. Our age grows by 1 every February 4th (the first day of spring according to the Chinese calendar). In other words, a baby that was just born on February 3rd would be considered two years of age by the next day! Some believe we should use modern age, while others argue we should use the Chinese age.

Then there's a question with regards to body size and timing techniques. According to a Chinese classic events would happen one or two years earlier than what appears on the face if the person is slender, and one or two years later if the person is obese events would happen two or yeas later than expected.

So, in other words, accuracy is +3 or -3 years. But from my experience accuracy is about +1 or -1 year. The harder part is to be able to see the mark/scar/sign.

astroman123

Back to top Go down

which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Empty which time frame fits...

Post  nonas_insights Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:57 am

Interesting to read different approaches.
I had never seen heart line timed starting form the percussion. In this respect I follow William Benham's timing and it seems to work well that way.

So far I have found that the junction of the fate line with the head line is about 30 years of age, and the junction of the fate line with the heart line is about 50 years of age. If the fate line runs into the base of the Saturn finger it generally has indicated that longevity runs in that family, ie many close relatives living to a minimum of 80 years of age.

I find the timing on Waxman's hand for the lifeline to fall in with what I have discovered too.
Nona sunny
nonas_insights
nonas_insights

Back to top Go down

Post  curiouswoman Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:40 am

I agree with you Nonas. i feel the same way Thumb up

curiouswoman

Back to top Go down

which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Empty Re:which time frame fits...

Post  Lunes Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:14 am

Hello,
last year I got a handreading with numerological recommendations from J. Berus
(his website `JürgenBerusHandlesen`is one of the 58).
He asked me:What was with 40? I said to him:I married.
It was a cloudy day , but we were laughing after these words.
I`ve ten loops, long mirrors and moon in geminis. So I`ve no problems to accept
different systems. It`s more interesting to get the right points.
Lunes
P.S.: The system of G.S. Birla seems to be well balanced

Lunes

Back to top Go down

Post  Hok Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:16 am

Patti wrote:
Also, I have found that in reality, the fate line marks itself downwards in parallel to the lifeline from around early to mid 30's (age on life line). This method (not a system) would show the fate line marks itself in response to current events in one area, yet can still be read in the other area (crossing head line). I read the direction of the fate line as it crosses the headline as defining the directions in life a person is pulled toward whereas the markings that appear in parallel to the life line, are more related to current situations. I haven't thought to document this previously, but now that I have, I will watch for it and take some photos.

Patti

Hi Patti,
Can you please explain on this a little bit more with an example.

Hok

Back to top Go down

Post  pravin kumar Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:51 pm

Dear Hok,

Benham has different chart, Cheiro has different chart and Narayan Dutt Shrimali has a different chart. Benham takes the maximum age a person lives to be 70. I am quoting from memory, Cheiro takes it as 91 or 98 (Systems of seven) and Narayan Dutt Shrimali takes it as 100 years. Now neither is right or all are right. Which method you want to follow and get results is the best method for you. If you have some other chart in your mind or way of calculation and it brings you success well and good. I am inspired by W.G. Benham but for age I follow Cheiro's method in which I get good success. In the case of Heart Line though I follow the starting point to be below the Jupitor Finger, centre of the mount and from there I calculate the age. I take that to be the starting point and the ending below the mercury finger.

Once I had a discussion with Ed Campbell and he said he follows it the other way round. Actually we were discussing about a palm print in that forum. It so happened that both ways the age was correct as the point was in the centre of the heart line. Still I told him that whatever method is followed should give us the correct result.

Secondly if you read palms regularly and your desire is to solve other persons problems genuinely you will find your intuition going stronger and you will be surprised at yourself when you start giving the age predictions.

Pravin Kumar

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

Post  Hok Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:00 pm

pravin kumar wrote:Dear Hok,

Benham has different chart, Cheiro has different chart and Narayan Dutt Shrimali has a different chart. Benham takes the maximum age a person lives to be 70. I am quoting from memory, Cheiro takes it as 91 or 98 (Systems of seven) and Narayan Dutt Shrimali takes it as 100 years. Now neither is right or all are right. Which method you want to follow and get results is the best method for you. If you have some other chart in your mind or way of calculation and it brings you success well and good. I am inspired by W.G. Benham but for age I follow Cheiro's method in which I get good success. In the case of Heart Line though I follow the starting point to be below the Jupitor Finger, centre of the mount and from there I calculate the age. I take that to be the starting point and the ending below the mercury finger.

Once I had a discussion with Ed Campbell and he said he follows it the other way round. Actually we were discussing about a palm print in that forum. It so happened that both ways the age was correct as the point was in the centre of the heart line. Still I told him that whatever method is followed should give us the correct result.

Secondly if you read palms regularly and your desire is to solve other persons problems genuinely you will find your intuition going stronger and you will be surprised at yourself when you start giving the age predictions.

Pravin Kumar
Thanks for the suggestions.

Hok

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:08 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
anu_d wrote:
==>Dear Martijn,
If one predicts using "his" model......and he gets the right answers that are validted.....then I have no worry.
Right answer means he is able to validate the past events in the +/-1 year window

Proof is in the pudding....isn't it Smile

Dear Anu_d,

From my point of view, my perception on this 'pudding' is... I have seen no proof at all! - All I see are conflicting models and unsubstantiated claims/observations.

In this perspective, using a different method... should simply lead to a different result!
I hope we can agree on that!?

And basically, if everybody is using a different method... and finds EXACTLY the same result: 'my method is right'... I think that should raise a very serious question:

What is really going on here in this matter???
(I think there is at least a lot of psychology and subjective observation involved)

But I noticed in your answer that you do not share my worries. So, I guess you provide no space at all for a thorough discussion - since you assume that your model works just fine.

Sorry, I think that these 'time'-models merely create illusions - simply because people want to attribute meaning to any characteristic of the hand. All 'time'-models factually violate Holtzman's fundamental no.1 rule of modern hand reading! (I hope you are aware of that rule)

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thought.

Thanks!

5 Years later I can add: all timing models not only violate Holtzman's no.1 rule... they also violate the basic principle of Multi-Perspective Hand Reading, which suggest that at least 3 dimensions of the hand are required to get involved in order to establish a reliable assessment.

More details: http://www.multiperspectivepalmreading.com/

(So, whatever system you choose for timing the fate line... the fundamental issue is that users of time models for the hand always felt satisfied with 'anecdotal evidence', because nobody ever presented any credible attempt that could represent a first step towards objective proof for any of such models - by the way, the high amount of different models can be recognized to represent a clue that nearly all of these models - if not all - are very likely not reliable at all... which concerns basically a matter simple logics!)

which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Multi-perspective-hand-reading-banner-2014
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

which time scale of fate line fits in your practice? - Page 2 Empty Fate Line Timing

Post  nishaghai Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:23 am

pravin kumar wrote:Dear Hok,

Pravin Kumar

I agree with Praveen I Follow Chiro Method and its correct . As If the palm is long or square then the calculation change . what i have seen that if we mark the junction point of Heart or head Line with Saturn it change as per shape of hand .
Nisha Ghai
nishaghai
nishaghai

http://www.instituteofpalmistry.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum