Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Broken Fate Line
Yesterday at 9:47 am by Georgia97*

» TOOLS OF LOVE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:55 pm by pravin kumar

» CARRY ONLY A MESSAGE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:54 pm by pravin kumar

» TWO VERSIONS OF SELF
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:53 pm by pravin kumar

» CHOSING PEACE
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:47 am by pravin kumar

» CONFLICT WITH ONESELF.
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:43 am by pravin kumar

» THE BEAUTIFUL THING ABOUT LOVE
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:39 am by pravin kumar

» ALIGNMENT WITH NOW
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:53 am by pravin kumar

» DELUSIONAL FEELINGS AND EMOTIONS
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:47 am by pravin kumar

» Viewpoint of scientists regarding vedic sciences
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:34 am by Vennila

» Selfishness only Harms.
Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:07 am by pravin kumar

» Deep Stillness
Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:05 am by pravin kumar

» What does my palm say about me ?
Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:16 am by Kroca

» Fate line starting from life line
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:36 pm by rathnambc

» LOVING ENERGY HEALS.
Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:46 am by pravin kumar

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 293 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:22 am
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5277 registered users
The newest registered user is anandchintan14

Our users have posted a total of 43460 messages in 4345 subjects
Top posting users this week
pravin kumar
 
shefi
 
GoldenEye
 
Georgia97*
 
los
 
rocko
 
curious
 

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2015 with the assistance of Google adsense!


Pointing finger: check this out!



Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Will I ever learn honest handreading?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Will I ever learn honest handreading?

Post  yogiman on Fri May 15, 2015 12:02 pm

I have just finished a course, and it was a little less than I had expected. My view now is that handreading is a lot like reading tarot cards, i.e. things can be very much multi-interpretabel with lots of opportunities for cold reading. And when handfeatures really don't relate to reality, the reason could be that things are still unmanifest, or the lines match the view of the client.

My tentative conclusion is that handreading, like tarot and astrology, is only really suited for psychics.

yogiman

Posts : 101
Join date : 2014-06-14
Age : 56
Location : amsterdam

Back to top Go down

Re: Will I ever learn honest handreading?

Post  learner on Fri May 15, 2015 1:56 pm

yogiman wrote:I have just finished a course, and it was a little less than I had expected. My view now is that handreading is  a lot like reading tarot cards, i.e. things can be very much multi-interpretabel with lots of opportunities for cold reading. And when handfeatures really don't  relate to reality, the reason could be that things are still unmanifest, or the lines match the view of the client.

My tentative conclusion is that handreading, like tarot and astrology, is only really suited for psychics.

Can you give details abut the course topics ? If you don't mind can you tell what made you reach your concluson. It would be nice for learners like me if you could share more thoughts.

Thanks.


learner

Posts : 1069
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Will I ever learn honest handreading?

Post  Martijn (admin) on Sat May 16, 2015 10:36 pm

yogiman wrote:I have just finished a course, and it was a little less than I had expected. My view now is that handreading is  a lot like reading tarot cards, i.e. things can be very much multi-interpretabel with lots of opportunities for cold reading. And when handfeatures really don't  relate to reality, the reason could be that things are still unmanifest, or the lines match the view of the client.

My tentative conclusion is that handreading, like tarot and astrology, is only really suited for psychics.

Hi yogiman,

I think in most hand reading courses the full potential of hand reading does not really get explored, because everything will depend of the experience & background of the hand reader involved... and in many introduction courses the content does not go beyond the superficial stuff that is discussed in the major part of the palmistry literature.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience!


Thumb up

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5211
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Will I ever learn honest handreading?

Post  pravin kumar on Sun May 17, 2015 1:40 am

Any course you do will give you the brief outline. It cannot go into all details. Nowadays since last 5/6 years I see so many odd hands which I never saw in my initial 26 years of palm reading. This is because the thought process of man changes so fast according to the circumstances he faces and what he learns from life. All that gets reflected in the palm and we have to sit and find out what it means. I do it by discussing with the person to get to know what goes on in his mind and try to relate it with the indications in the palm. You will find your own method to evaluate the palms. Your own practise and research will guide you in a new direction and lots and lots of effort will be required to get success and make your mark in palm reading. Then late in life you will realise you have done well.

P.K.

pravin kumar

Posts : 4199
Join date : 2010-09-30
Age : 69
Location : Bombay

Back to top Go down

Re: Will I ever learn honest handreading?

Post  yogiman on Sun May 17, 2015 5:27 pm


Can you give details abut the course topics ?  If you don't mind can you tell what made you reach your concluson.  It would be nice for learners like me if you could share more thoughts.

Thanks.

What's your own experience with handreading?

yogiman

Posts : 101
Join date : 2014-06-14
Age : 56
Location : amsterdam

Back to top Go down

Re: Will I ever learn honest handreading?

Post  learner on Mon May 18, 2015 12:55 am

yogiman wrote:

Can you give details abut the course topics ?  If you don't mind can you tell what made you reach your concluson.  It would be nice for learners like me if you could share more thoughts.

Thanks.

What's your own experience with handreading?

I am still learning, but I think that there is lot of truth to palm reading. We cannot become good unless we practice at least on hundreds of hands. Some experts here say that you have to read at least 10000 hands to be good. I don't think it is suited only for psychics. There are rules that can be studied and understood by most people. I think the 5 element method is also very interesting.

learner

Posts : 1069
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Will I ever learn honest handreading?

Post  yogiman on Mon May 18, 2015 10:47 am

Thanks for your reply. This is a question of basic importance. I find it a pity that unlike on a tarot forum, there is little response.

However, on the aeclectic tarot forum I have found a very commercial and dictatorial atmosphere, which is in strong contrast with the straightforwardness and honesty of Martijn van Mensvoort.

yogiman

Posts : 101
Join date : 2014-06-14
Age : 56
Location : amsterdam

Back to top Go down

Re: Will I ever learn honest handreading?

Post  Martijn (admin) on Mon May 18, 2015 11:39 am

yogiman wrote:Thanks for your reply. This is a question of basic importance. I find it a pity that unlike on a tarot forum, there is little response.

However, on the aeclectic tarot forum I have found a very commercial and dictatorial atmosphere, which is in strong contrast with the straightforwardness and honesty of Martijn van Mensvoort.

Good to hear how you appreciate my efforts. Thanks!

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5211
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Will I ever learn honest handreading?

Post  Lynn on Mon May 18, 2015 11:41 pm

learner wrote:I am still learning, but I think that there is lot of truth to palm reading. We cannot become good unless we practice at least on hundreds of hands. Some experts here say that you have to read at least 10000 hands to be good. I don't think it is suited only for psychics. There are rules that can be studied and understood by most people. I think the 5 element method is also very interesting.

I agree with everything that learner said, except I don't know about the 10,000 hands thing, I've heard it before but I never counted how many hands I've read. 10,000 seems a lot!

___________________________________________
Lynn
www.handanalysis.co.uk
avatar
Lynn

Posts : 2409
Join date : 2010-07-24
Location : Devon, England

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Will I ever learn honest handreading?

Post  Lynn on Mon May 18, 2015 11:57 pm

yogiman wrote:I have just finished a course, and it was a little less than I had expected. My view now is that handreading is  a lot like reading tarot cards, i.e. things can be very much multi-interpretabel with lots of opportunities for cold reading. And when handfeatures really don't  relate to reality, the reason could be that things are still unmanifest, or the lines match the view of the client.

My tentative conclusion is that handreading, like tarot and astrology, is only really suited for psychics.

I'm wondering why the course was less than you expected - was it not a good course or do you have very high expectations? Wink Out of interest, was it an online course or did you attend in person? how many hours was it? what type of palmistry did it teach you?

Yes of course things on the hand are multi-interpretable, that's why we have to look at all hand features in combination. Remember that any one single hand feature doesn't mean anything specific on it's own, you have to take the rest of the hand into consideration, comparing and contrasting all features.

re "when hand features don't relate to reality" - but the hand features should relate to reality. Can you give an example to illustrate & help me understand your point?

re "My view now is that handreading is  a lot like reading tarot cards"
I read tarot, and I think that handreading and tarot are very different in so many ways! Handreading is much more technical & analytical, whereas tarot has so many more different layers of interpretation, can be read in different ways eg from the traditional card meanings, from the symbolism of the deck, from the kabbalistic perspective, from intuition etc.

re "My tentative conclusion is that handreading, like tarot and astrology, is only really suited for psychics"  I disagree. I think it is possible for psychics to read tarot without any knowledge of the cards. Some palmists rely only on intuition eg the feelings they get by touching someone's hand but they can't go as in-depth as someone who has studied the more analytical, technical aspects of handreading. I don't think astrology is at all psychic, it requires technical knowledge of how to construct &  interpret charts etc. Three very different modalities.

(edit) PS one final question - what exactly do you mean by 'honest hand reading' ?

___________________________________________
Lynn
www.handanalysis.co.uk
avatar
Lynn

Posts : 2409
Join date : 2010-07-24
Location : Devon, England

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Will I ever learn honest handreading?

Post  Lynn on Tue May 19, 2015 12:14 am

pravin kumar wrote:Any course you do will give you the brief outline. It cannot go into all details. Nowadays since last 5/6 years I see so many odd hands which I never saw in my initial 26 years of palm reading. This is because the thought process of man changes so fast according to the circumstances he faces and what he learns from life. All that gets reflected in the palm and we have to sit and find out what it means. I do it by discussing with the person to get to know what goes on in his mind and try to relate it with the indications in the palm. You will find your own method to evaluate the palms. Your own practise and research will guide you in a new direction and lots and lots of effort will be required to get success and make your mark in palm reading. Then late in life you will realise you have done well.

P.K.

Pravin, I understand and agree with what you are saying. Interestingly I too have recently seen some hand features that I never saw before in 26 years experience! After a reading I also sit and discuss with clients to understand how the hand features play out in their lives, to help learn for future reference. There are no 'quick fixes' in learning hand reading, every hand is unique, so every day is a challenge to learn more. It takes a lot of time and study and experience. So keep at it yogiman! wave

___________________________________________
Lynn
www.handanalysis.co.uk
avatar
Lynn

Posts : 2409
Join date : 2010-07-24
Location : Devon, England

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Will I ever learn honest handreading?

Post  Lynn on Tue May 19, 2015 12:17 am

learner wrote:
Can you give details abut the course topics ?  If you don't mind can you tell what made you reach your concluson.  It would be nice for learners like me if you could share more thoughts.

Thanks.

I am also interested to know the answers to learner's questions: what were the course topics? and  "what made you reach your conclusion"?

___________________________________________
Lynn
www.handanalysis.co.uk
avatar
Lynn

Posts : 2409
Join date : 2010-07-24
Location : Devon, England

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Will I ever learn honest handreading?

Post  Martijn (admin) on Tue May 19, 2015 8:24 pm

Lynn wrote:
learner wrote:I am still learning, but I think that there is lot of truth to palm reading. We cannot become good unless we practice at least on hundreds of hands. Some experts here say that you have to read at least 10000 hands to be good. I don't think it is suited only for psychics. There are rules that can be studied and understood by most people. I think the 5 element method is also very interesting.

I agree with everything that learner said, except I don't know about the 10,000 hands thing, I've heard it before but I never counted how many hands I've read. 10,000 seems a lot!

Hi Lynn,

I agree: regarding the people who make claims about reading more than 10.000 hands, I am not impressed at all by such claims... because quality does not always come with quantity!

For example: I think doing a 1000 'five-minute-speed-readings' should not be assumed to represent a likewise experience compared to doing let's say a 100 thorough in-dept readings that each might take even more than an hour (preferably with a hand print or photo made that can be studied again at a later moment).

I think the latter experience is more likely to result in a quality (learning) experience for both the hand reader and the subject involved.

Instead of counting my hand reading experiences over time, I prefer to save the use of numbers for the purpose of descriptive quality research - because I think such numbers can serve my own interests and the interest of the full hand reading community much more... while the clean counting of whatever type of hand reading experience involved merely has the effect of building an inflated ego (which could even end up to work out to become like a fetish - I have noticed that the IIHA hand analysts appear to have become susceptible for such arbitrary countings).

So, in general I would advice student to strive for quality experiences and to worry about how many hands they have read.


Laughing

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5211
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum