Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
The finger ration- measurement methodology Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
The finger ration- measurement methodology Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
The finger ration- measurement methodology Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
The finger ration- measurement methodology Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
The finger ration- measurement methodology Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
The finger ration- measurement methodology Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
The finger ration- measurement methodology Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
The finger ration- measurement methodology Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
The finger ration- measurement methodology Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
The finger ration- measurement methodology Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
The finger ration- measurement methodology Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
The finger ration- measurement methodology Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
The finger ration- measurement methodology Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
The finger ration- measurement methodology Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
The finger ration- measurement methodology Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 92 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 92 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47487 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
The finger ration- measurement methodology Voting17The finger ration- measurement methodology Voting19The finger ration- measurement methodology Voting18 
Sumit
The finger ration- measurement methodology Voting17The finger ration- measurement methodology Voting19The finger ration- measurement methodology Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

The finger ration- measurement methodology

2 posters

Go down

The finger ration- measurement methodology Empty The finger ration- measurement methodology

Post  Felicity Martin Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:32 am

Well conventional science has discovered the 2D:4D finger ratio! One just has to wade through all the peer reviewed studies to gauge the level of interest, naming and claiming.
I personally, while finding the book by John Manning on finger ratios very interesting, disagree with the methodology of measuring the finger length. I have always used the outer hand, not the palm for these measurements and they seem to be more accurate- this is the actual length of the digits, whereas the palm travels someway up the lowest carpal due to the connective tissues. What do others think?
I was immensely annoyed that while finding its way into our social psychology course, due largely to research into aggression, attributed to testosterone during development in the womb, in our course notes they actually had the ratio reversed- so away went most students with no real understanding.
However the text (Kassin Fein, Markus, McBain & Williams, 2015: Social Psychology) highlighted the many studies, many listed here, that have found correlations with increased likelihood of aggression towards partners, sport, sumo wrestling, military, with marines having lower rations than army.
I have found, despite claims it does not apply to women, that a significant number of people with longer ring fingers have also greater visio-spacial awareness, hence its association with artists, architects, and gamblers.
I am concerned that, like science in general, the tendency is to study the part without the context of the whole hand- and to look for one trait. A long ring finger for me definitely is highlighting the role of the right side of the brain in that person's life. As far as military personnel go, it really depends on the role, I have noted many in the military in senior roles have water hands, engineers strong long air hands with very long middle fingers and lower carpal, however the variations are too numerous to mention as many of you know.
My concern is that science is largely ignoring the role of palmistry and discount the hundreds of years of observational correlations made.

I would love input from others on measuring the ratio

Felicity
Felicity Martin
Felicity Martin

http://www.hallettgalleryfelicitymartin.com.au

Back to top Go down

The finger ration- measurement methodology Empty Re: The finger ration- measurement methodology

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:10 am

Hello Felicty,

I have moved your topic to the forum-section, where dozens of aspects involving the 2d:4d digit ratio have been discussed, see:
https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/f39-iiii-2d4d-finger-ratio-digit-ratio

Just a quick response to one of the points that you made:

Regarding you suggestion that 2d:4d can be measured properly from the "outer hand": sorry, it's hard for me to visualize what you exactly have in mind... because in the perspective of the outer hand it is simply not possible to make a likewise precise measurement - because the border (line) that separates the fingers from the palm is actually only available in the inner hand.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

wave  
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

The finger ration- measurement methodology Empty Finger ratios

Post  Felicity Martin Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:27 am

Hi Martijn

Thanks for moving the query into the appropriate section. By the outer hand I use the mid point of the knuckles as opposed to the flexure lines on the palm as so many people have variations in their palmer connective tissue at the base of the fingers, and sometimes this varies even from the left and right hands. From personal observation I have found this to more correctly reflect the person and their attributes- however I will read the many useful posts in your suggested section.

I am hoping to look at hands as my honours project this coming year, having just completed my degree (Bach Behavioural Studies (Psychology Advanced) as a very mature-aged student. The area I hope to explore is depression and loneliness.

Felicity
Felicity Martin
Felicity Martin

http://www.hallettgalleryfelicitymartin.com.au

Back to top Go down

The finger ration- measurement methodology Empty Re: The finger ration- measurement methodology

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down