Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 93 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 93 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47487 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Voting17Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Voting19Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Voting18 
Sumit
Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Voting17Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Voting19Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence?

4 posters

Go down

Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Empty Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence?

Post  rajeevkrsharmaji Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:04 am

Dear members,

We often come across various types of moles on palms and fingers. What does modern palmistry and evidence based science consider them to be??

If there was a discussion already on this forum, i would appreciate if someone can give a link to that.

Regards
Rajeev

rajeevkrsharmaji

Back to top Go down

Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Empty Re: Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence?

Post  pravin kumar Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:03 am

Reference to moles you may find in Indian Palmistry books or elsewhere but not in Western Palmistry Books. Different Authors give different meanings to moles so I do not follow it.

rajeevkrsharmaji wrote:Dear members,

We often come across various types of moles on palms and fingers. What does modern palmistry and evidence based science consider them to be??

If there was a discussion already on this forum, i would appreciate if someone can give a link to that.

Regards
Rajeev

There is no logic to moles.

Pravin Kumar

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence? Empty Re: Moles and modern palmistry; is there some evidence?

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Regards
Rajeev

Here's an old topic presenting a reference to a source (no longer available); various suggestions for moles found in various locations of the hand... but all these (conceptual) guidelines should be recognized to represent merely superstitious folklore - which obviously is not supported by any form of proper research at all:

Moles on the palm

Basketball
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rajeevkrsharmaji Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:14 pm

Thank you Pravin ji and Martijn for confirming.

rajeevkrsharmaji

Back to top Go down

Post  pravin kumar Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:17 am

Martijn,

Would you consider the moles represented in Palmistry? I do not find any author mentioning about it though I find its mention elsewhere when I search in Google. However in certain cases it may not be a mole but a black dot or even a red dot representing a clot of blood or ,,,,,,,, Your views on this.

Martijn (admin) wrote:

Regards
Rajeev

Here's an old topic presenting a reference to a source (no longer available); various suggestions for moles found in various locations of the hand... but all these (conceptual) guidelines should be recognized to represent merely superstitious folklore - which obviously is not supported by any form of proper research at all:

Moles on the palm

Basketball  

P.K.

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:05 pm

pravin kumar wrote:Martijn,

Would you consider the moles represented in Palmistry? I do not find any author mentioning about it though I find its mention elsewhere when I search in Google. However in certain cases it may not be a mole but a black dot or even a red dot representing a clot of blood or ,,,,,,,,  Your views on this.

Well Pravin, there are actually quite a few authors who have presented guidelines for mole interpretation; for example:

- M. Kattakar (Encyclopaedic Dictionary of Palmistry, page 50 - 1989)
- L.R. Chawdhri (Secrets Of Occult Science, page 71 - 1990)
- Hari Dutta Sharma (A to Z of Palmistry, page 147 - 1995)
- Anu Venkat (Palmistry, a True Science, page 13 - 2002)
- Bharti Anand (Learn Palmistry, page 133-134 - 2011)

(By the way, all 5 authors are from India which sort of provides a first that the contents are likely to represent folklore, and I am sure that some authors might copied some theories from preceding works)

In my perception these authors all have presented works that fall under the category 'superstitious folklore'; e.g. all four authors also present in their book many theories involving signs that they associate with the prediction of various sorts of death by accident... which sort of can be recognized to represent a form of palmistry of the worst kind!!!  Evil or Very Mad

I can basically only recommend to avoid the works of these authors completely, because I am sure that many of the contents represent nonsense build on poor ethic standards.

Oh...nooo!

PS. Obviously, a red/brown/black dot should not be taken to represent a mole (only the latter has a different surface compared to the surrounding skin, etc.).
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pravin kumar Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:03 pm

I have read L R Chawdhri and M. Katakkar and I met M.Katakkar personally too but I was not impressed by his answer to my certain questions about his own book. I do not refer to Palmistry Books for meanings on moles for moles can be on any part of the body. I am just posting a link from Google giving short reading of moles.

http://www.speakingtree.in/allslides/what-does-your-mole-say-about-you

Martijn (admin) wrote:

Would you consider the moles represented in Palmistry? I do not find any author mentioning about it though I find its mention elsewhere when I search in Google. However in certain cases it may not be a mole but a black dot or even a red dot representing a clot of blood or ,,,,,,,,  Your views on this.

Well Pravin, there are actually quite a few authors who have presented guidelines for mole interpretation; for example:

- M. Kattakar (Encyclopaedic Dictionary of Palmistry, page 50 - 1989)
- L.R. Chawdhri (Secrets Of Occult Science, page 71 - 1990)
- Hari Dutta Sharma (A to Z of Palmistry, page 147 - 1995)
- Anu Venkat (Palmistry, a True Science, page 13 - 2002)
- Bharti Anand (Learn Palmistry, page 133-134 - 2011)

(By the way, all 5 authors are from India which sort of provides a first that the contents are likely to represent folklore, and I am sure that some authors might copied some theories from preceding works)

In my perception these authors all have presented works that fall under the category 'superstitious folklore'; e.g. all four authors also present in their book many theories involving signs that they associate with the prediction of various sorts of death by accident... which sort of can be recognized to represent a form of palmistry of the worst kind!!!  Evil or Very Mad

I can basically only recommend to avoid the works of these authors completely, because I am sure that many of the contents represent nonsense build on poor ethic standards.

Oh...nooo!

PS. Obviously, a red/brown/black dot should not be taken to represent a mole (only the latter has a different surface compared to the surrounding skin, etc.).

P.K.

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:43 am

pravin kumar wrote:I have read L R Chawdhri and M. Katakkar and I met M.Katakkar personally too but I was not impressed by his answer to my certain questions about his own book. I do not refer to Palmistry Books for meanings on moles for moles can be on any part of the body. I am just posting a link from Google giving short reading of moles.

http://www.speakingtree.in/allslides/what-does-your-mole-say-about-you

Pravin, I recognize the contents presented by your link to represent merely likewise superstitious folklore. Do you really put your belief in this type of folkloric nonsense?

The quality of the materials inside the article is also very poor, because I recognize many of those pictures to represent (photoshopped) fake-moles.

Oh...nooo!

PS. Again, research has never confirmed that the location of a mole on any body part has any form of diagnostic- or prognostic significance, and in general... theories involving any form of 'luck' represent pure superstition - and thus I do not welcome such articles at this forum (I hope you will keep this in mind).
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pravin kumar Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:57 am

Martijn,

I had already responded same day but I do not find the response here. I said I do not find anything about Mole in any Palmistry Books and hence asked you. Mole has nothing to do with palmistry.

P.K.

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:29 am

I had already responded same day but I do not find the response here. I said I do not find anything about Mole in any Palmistry Books and hence asked you. Mole has nothing to do with palmistry.

P.K.

Okay thanks Pravin,

Good to see you confirm that you don't attribute any significant meaning to moles.

Maybe the most interesting aspect of our discussion here is that those palmists who do attribute meaning to moles... also tend to talk about issues of accidents & circumstantial death, which basically involve merely superstitious folklore.

Thus I think this provides us a interesting clue for how to recognize authors who have presented outdated ideas.

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rajeevkrsharmaji Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:59 am

What about black spots directly over the primary lines?

rajeevkrsharmaji

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:37 am

Martijn, you said that
research has never confirmed that the location of a mole on any body part has any form of diagnostic- or prognostic significance

But of course you know that some moles do have (potentially serious) diagnostic / prognostic significance if they are found to be melanoma (skin cancer). Otherwise, I agree that moles are of no significance in handreading.

Martijn & Pravin mentioned red/brown/black dot being different from moles (which I agree of course they are) and rajeevkrsharmaji asked "What about black spots directly over the primary lines?" I think that is the subject for a new topic discussion. Coloured dots on lines can be revealing for certain indications but this is not about the same subject as moles.

PS rajeevkrsharmaji, polite question - I am wondering why you posted this question in Multi-Perspective Palm Reading section? Moles are a single entity, not multi-perspective!
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  rajeevkrsharmaji Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:33 am

Lynn,

I am not a hand resercher per se. I was not sure what is the meaning of multiperspective palm- reading.
That is the reason for the post being done in a different section. Please feel free to move it to the relevant section.
Frankly, we should not be overemphasizing the terminologies for sake of simplicity. However, i agree that terminology is important for orderly presentation of science. Thanks!

rajeevkrsharmaji

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:36 am

Lynn wrote:Martijn, you said that
research has never confirmed that the location of a mole on any body part has any form of diagnostic- or prognostic significance

But of course you know that some moles do have (potentially serious) diagnostic / prognostic significance if they are found to be melanoma (skin cancer). Otherwise, I agree that moles are of no significance in handreading.

Thanks Lynn. The issue which you mentioned goes beyond the actual location of the mole ... and the issue of skin cancer which sometimes gets associated with skin changes (in moles) skin lesions that are usually larger than normal moles; so I think this issue is very different from the things that in the field of palmistry have been associated with moles.

Anyway, I have no doubt that you and I perceive these things likewise.

Thumb up
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:25 pm

ahh sorry Martijn, I missed your meaning when you said "the location", yes I agree.
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:55 am

Bump
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down