Your opinion & share...
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 35 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 35 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 293 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:22 am
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 4811 registered users
The newest registered user is Adam8888

Our users have posted a total of 41190 messages in 3982 subjects
Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2015 with the assistance of Google adsense!


Pointing finger: check this out!



Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  sv-b on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:29 pm

Hello patti, Smile

1. Patti, can you define what is principle?

2. can you tell me whether principle comes first or theory comes first?

3. can you tell me how will you reason biologically if particular features of palm show particular behaviour. Yes, take the example which you want.

4. do you think, the books of palmistry was written after the severe scientifical research? If yes, can you tell me what are those scientifical methods?

5. Do you think, statistic result are absolute? infact, statistics is not science.

Smile I think, you try to frame principle from the theory. but, it is non-sense retrospective view. Without principle, we cannot frame any theory. so, the principle of palmistry is already existing . . . Based on that, we have palmistry notes in our hand. but with out knowing its principle, we simply mugup palmistry notes. For example, To solve the mathematical problem, we need appropriate formula. but, Our act seems to mug upinh the steps of maths- and trying to innovate formula. is it not non-sense?

sv-b

Posts : 615
Join date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  Patti on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:33 am

Stalin, you are the one continously demanding people explain the already explained with a principle.

It is your question. You define principle.

Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  sv-b on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:13 am

Hello patti, Smile

1. Any system of belief or idea of science is constructed based on principle. It should be comprehensive, clear, fixed, unchangeable through out its evolution or growth. In case if the principle of particular system of belief or science undergo for change, it produces the gross changes in that particular field of science. so, The change in the principle of particular system of science affects the progression of that system and the result would be irreversible damage. The main thing you need to understand about principle is that it is being the 'Cause' or ' begining ' to innovate a new system or doctrine. when i mean belief system, it should not be taken at the point of unscientific. Because, the innovation of belief system is also constructed based on 'logic' and 'reasoning'.

I give you a example. Allopathic system of medicine , also called english medicine or old school of medicine, has taken the principles from various other system of medicines. but, They have no principle of their own. Hippocrates invented the principle 'likes cured by likes' and 'antipathy principles'. If the fundamental principle of hippocrates is changed by anyone, the law of cure get spoiled with no time. It is applicable to palmistry as well. when you try to yield the principle of palmistry for your comfortable, the science of palmistry get destroyed with no time. Another thing you need to know is that without the principle , no system of science or belief could survive/made nor exist. so, you have to understand that the principle of palmistry is not going to be invented. . Rather, The principle of palmistry is existing all the time, and it exists in this world at the time of its invention when it was introduced first in the world. We remain under ignorance and practising palmistry without awareness of these details. If you search 'principle of palmistry' through googling, you can only find our discussion at first place. This is all we know about palmistry.Thats why i said, we try to solve the mathematical problem without formula. but, it is true that those formulas are already existing.

Hope, you have answers for remaining questions patti!


Last edited by stalin.v on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total

sv-b

Posts : 615
Join date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:21 am

Patti wrote:Stalin, you are the one continously demanding people explain the already explained with a principle.

It is your question. You define principle.

Yes Patti, I agree.

In my first post in this topic I have made a likewise comment... stalin had not defined/described what kind of 'principle' he has in mind when he choose the title of this topic.

Therefore I choose to focus on the fundamental principle that can be applied for the full body:

'Structure is an expression of function'.


And Stalin expressed that he liked using this fundamental principle as a starting point!
So, I see no need to define the word 'principle' any further.

(To be continued from my side... but I need a little more time to figure out how Very Happy )


___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network

Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5105
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  sv-b on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:39 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Patti wrote:Stalin, you are the one continously demanding people explain the already explained with a principle.

It is your question. You define principle.

Yes Patti, I agree.

In my first post in this topic I have made a likewise comment... stalin had not defined/described what kind of 'principle' he has in mind when he choose the title of this topic.

Therefore I choose to focus on the fundamental principle that can be applied for the full body:

'Structure is an expression of function'.


And Stalin expressed that he liked using this fundamental principle as a starting point!
So, I see no need to define the word 'principle' any further.

(To be continued from my side... but I need a little more time to figure out how Very Happy )


I explained the meaning of principle above as requested by patti. . . Infact, Besides the meaning of the word, every one need to understand the word indeed. because, sometimes peoples know the meaning of the word. but they do not understand the word. It is being funny. Thats why philosophy enlighten humanity all the time. Smile

sv-b

Posts : 615
Join date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:56 am

stalin.v wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:
Patti wrote:Stalin, you are the one continously demanding people explain the already explained with a principle.

It is your question. You define principle.

Yes Patti, I agree.

In my first post in this topic I have made a likewise comment... stalin had not defined/described what kind of 'principle' he has in mind when he choose the title of this topic.

Therefore I choose to focus on the fundamental principle that can be applied for the full body:

'Structure is an expression of function'.


And Stalin expressed that he liked using this fundamental principle as a starting point!
So, I see no need to define the word 'principle' any further.

(To be continued from my side... but I need a little more time to figure out how Very Happy )


I explained the meaning of principle above as requested by patti. . . Infact, Beyond the meaning of the word, every one need to understand the word. because, sometimes peoples know the meaning of the word. but they do not understand the word. It is being funny. Thats why philosophy enlighten humanity all the time. Smile

Stalin, I think it is quite obvious that every school in the field of hand reading is uses it's own 'principles'... and one could also use the word 'theory' (every school has developed it's own 'theories').

For example, Lynn has shared a few principles used in the Elemental school! (But you sort of rejected her input... probably because you are not able to identify with the elemental principles, which would make sense for me)


However, when I jumped into this discussion I assumed that your question was meant to go beyond what the 'theories' of the individual schools describe. I though you were looking for the fundamental principle(s) which can be described as 'the roots of all universal theories' about hand reading.

I think the principle 'structure is an expression of function' belongs in that category of fundamental principles... and basically, I will try to figure out if I can formulate other fundamental principles for specific parts of the hand.


How does this summary sound to you?

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network

Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5105
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  sv-b on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:08 am

[quote="Martijn (admin)"][quote="stalin.v"]
Martijn (admin) wrote:tti")



[color=darkred]Stalin, I think it is quite obvious that every school in the field of hand reading is uses it's own 'principles'... and one could also use the word 'theory' (every school has developed it's own 'theories').

For example, Lynn has shared a few principles used in the Elemental school! (But you sort of rejected her input... probably because you are not able to identify with the elemental principles, which would make sense for me)


However, when I jumped into this discussion I assumed that your question was meant to go beyond what the 'theories' of the individual schools describe. I though you were looking for the fundamental principle(s) which can be described as 'the roots of all universal theories' about hand reading.

I think the principle 'structure is an expression of function' belongs in that category of fundamental principles... and basically, I will try to figure out if I can formulate other fundamental principles for specific parts of the hand.


How does this summary sound to you?

There is one word in english called 'GENERAL ' . From this general, particular aspects get derived. For example, We termed it as general philosophy, general pathology etc., What you explained as structure - function relationship comes under general philosophy. General philosophy tend to prove any matter of fact in this world or universe. but, it will not give particular solution for our need. Hence- the philosophy or principle should be focused on palmistry grounds.

Although, palmistry has various school, there will be common principle to all. Through which, we should find the branches of palmistry. so, the common principle for the palmistry in general should be focused before entering into the discussion explaining each individually. For example, we need to know what is computer first. Then only we can understand various models
of computer later. It is one of the such case. . .

sv-b

Posts : 615
Join date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:35 am

[quote="stalin.v"][quote="Martijn (admin)"]
stalin.v wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:[color=darkred]tti")



Stalin, I think it is quite obvious that every school in the field of hand reading is uses it's own 'principles'... and one could also use the word 'theory' (every school has developed it's own 'theories').

For example, Lynn has shared a few principles used in the Elemental school! (But you sort of rejected her input... probably because you are not able to identify with the elemental principles, which would make sense for me)


However, when I jumped into this discussion I assumed that your question was meant to go beyond what the 'theories' of the individual schools describe. I though you were looking for the fundamental principle(s) which can be described as 'the roots of all universal theories' about hand reading.

I think the principle 'structure is an expression of function' belongs in that category of fundamental principles... and basically, I will try to figure out if I can formulate other fundamental principles for specific parts of the hand.


How does this summary sound to you?

There is one word in english called 'GENERAL ' . From this general, particular aspects get derived. For example, We termed it as general philosophy, general pathology etc., What you explained as structure - function relationship comes under general philosophy. General philosophy tend to prove any matter of fact in this world or universe. but, it will not give particular solution for our need. Hence- the philosophy or principle should be focused on palmistry grounds.

Although, palmistry has various school, there will be common principle to all. Through which, we should find the branches of palmistry. so, the common principle for the palmistry in general should be focused before entering into the discussion explaining each individually. For example, we need to know what is computer first. Then only we can understand various models
of computer later. It is one of the such case. . .

No, this 'computer' analogy is quite unrealistic.

Because going back in time... would only lead us at the end via the ancient Veda's to the cave hand prints in France! Unfortunately, the ancient Indian palmists did not work with 'principles' (they only used 'magic' assumptions - which could now be described as 'superstitious believes'), and the French did not put any well-defined 'principles' on their walls!

lol!


Stalin, you should more think like how 'philosophy', 'religion' & 'psychology' have evolved... via lot's of nonsense ideas, theories & principles, like for example:
1 - in philosophy: 'the world is a flat pancake';
2 - in religion: 'the Lord can be recognized as a man with a long, white beard';
3 - in psychology: 'people get autistic because of the mother's lack of talents to care'.

In all these fields many likewise ideas, theories, and principles became outdated, simply because they have been proven too many times as untrue (but the reality is that some people around the world still 'believe' in those ideas, theories and principles).

And we can safely assume that the field of hand reading has evolved likewise!
Therefore you will not find the fundamental underlying principles of hand reading in any book... because I think Lynn is right: 'nobody really knows why hand reading works'.

And I also think that Prof. Ray Hyman's story describes another part of the thruth: people easily assume that a 'theory' is working... even when it is a Barnum-like theory!

But there is plenty of statistical evidence that hand reading can be used as a 'tool' for purposes that relate to the fields of psychology, psychiatry and health. (NOTICE: 'fortune telling' can not be added to this list).

flower

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network

Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5105
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  Patti on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:50 am

stalin.v wrote:
3. can you tell me how will you reason biologically if particular features of palm show particular behaviour. Yes, take the example which you want.



brachydactyly - shortened fingers

Brachydactyly relates to slow, delayed or deficient growth. Other areas of the body that are developing at the same time may share this deficient growth. Psychological behavior has been associated with some forms of brachydactyly.

Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  Patti on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:57 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
stalin.v wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:
Patti wrote:Stalin, you are the one continously demanding people explain the already explained with a principle.

It is your question. You define principle.

Yes Patti, I agree.

In my first post in this topic I have made a likewise comment... stalin had not defined/described what kind of 'principle' he has in mind when he choose the title of this topic.

Therefore I choose to focus on the fundamental principle that can be applied for the full body:

'Structure is an expression of function'.


And Stalin expressed that he liked using this fundamental principle as a starting point!
So, I see no need to define the word 'principle' any further.

(To be continued from my side... but I need a little more time to figure out how Very Happy )


I explained the meaning of principle above as requested by patti. . . Infact, Beyond the meaning of the word, every one need to understand the word. because, sometimes peoples know the meaning of the word. but they do not understand the word. It is being funny. Thats why philosophy enlighten humanity all the time. Smile

Stalin, I think it is quite obvious that every school in the field of hand reading is uses it's own 'principles'... and one could also use the word 'theory' (every school has developed it's own 'theories').

For example, Lynn has shared a few principles used in the Elemental school! (But you sort of rejected her input... probably because you are not able to identify with the elemental principles, which would make sense for me)


However, when I jumped into this discussion I assumed that your question was meant to go beyond what the 'theories' of the individual schools describe. I though you were looking for the fundamental principle(s) which can be described as 'the roots of all universal theories' about hand reading.

I think the principle 'structure is an expression of function' belongs in that category of fundamental principles... and basically, I will try to figure out if I can formulate other fundamental principles for specific parts of the hand.


How does this summary sound to you?

Hi Martijn,
I agree with your quote that "Structure is an expression of function."

This is my favorite quote:

"It is an imperative belief of the natural scientist that each and every modification of a subjective state in the sphere of the senses corresponds to an objective state" - Purkinje (1819, 1823)

I think that both quotes equally work together in a psychological and physical way.

Stalin, this would be my answer.

Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  sv-b on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:21 am

Hello martijn, Smile

1. I dont think Vedic palmistry is contructed based on magic, rather it comes under the category divination and spiritual knowledge.

2. Not all religion say that earth is flat.

3. Again you and patti, seems to focus on general philosophy, rather than to be specific.

4. patti, your example is the idea of science, not the palmist- dont you agree? Hope, you will answer number 2nd, 4th, 5th question as well!

5. How your objective and subjective relations explains palmistry and other scientifical aspect you looking for?

sv-b

Posts : 615
Join date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  Patti on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:23 pm

stalin.v wrote:Hello martijn, Smile

1. I dont think Vedic palmistry is contructed based on magic, rather it comes under the category divination and spiritual knowledge.

2. Not all religion say that earth is flat.

3. Again you and patti, seems to focus on general philosophy, rather than to be specific.

4. patti, your example is the idea of science, not the palmist- dont you agree? Hope, you will answer number 2nd, 4th, 5th question as well!

5. How your objective and subjective relations explains palmistry and other scientifical aspect you looking for?

Sorry Stalin, I have no more time to give to your circle game.

Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  sv-b on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:57 pm

Patti wrote:
stalin.v wrote:Hello martijn, Smile

1. I dont think Vedic palmistry is contructed based on magic, rather it comes under the category divination and spiritual knowledge.

2. Not all religion say that earth is flat.

3. Again you and patti, seems to focus on general philosophy, rather than to be specific.

4. patti, your example is the idea of science, not the palmist- dont you agree? Hope, you will answer number 2nd, 4th, 5th question as well!

5. How your objective and subjective relations explains palmistry and other scientifical aspect you looking for?

Sorry Stalin, I have no more time to give to your circle game.

To be honest, Being a palmist, you need spend time to learn the answer for those questions. If at all you know the answer, you may not aware of 'what is principle ' and 'what is palmistry principle '. Especially, the answer of my 4th question is necessary to learn - to understand the principle of palmistry as well. It is game to the person who are in track. where as it is puzzle to the person who lost the track Smile

Hello patti, Smile

1. Patti, can you define what is principle?

2. can you tell me whether principle comes first or theory comes first?

3. can you tell me how will you reason biologically if particular features of palm show particular behaviour. Yes, take the example which you want.

4. do you think, the books of palmistry was written after the severe scientifical research? If yes, can you tell me what are those scientifical methods?

5. Do you think, statistic result are absolute? infact, statistics is not science.

Smile I think, you try to frame principle from the theory. but, it is non-sense retrospective view. Without principle, we cannot frame any theory. so, the principle of palmistry is already existing . . . Based on that, we have palmistry notes in our hand. but with out knowing its principle, we simply mugup palmistry notes. For example, To solve the mathematical problem, we need appropriate formula. but, Our act seems to mug upinh the steps of maths- and trying to innovate formula. is it not non-sense?

sv-b

Posts : 615
Join date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  Patti on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:55 am

stalin.v wrote:
Hello patti, Smile

1. Patti, can you define what is principle?

2. can you tell me whether principle comes first or theory comes first?

3. can you tell me how will you reason biologically if particular features of palm show particular behaviour. Yes, take the example which you want.

4. do you think, the books of palmistry was written after the severe scientifical research? If yes, can you tell me what are those scientifical methods?

5. Do you think, statistic result are absolute? infact, statistics is not science.


1) Look at the many ways this question can be directed:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/principle

2) See answer to question #1.

3) already answered - but in a broader sense; everything is energy, energy can be measured. Our energy includes a mix of consciousness and matter. Repetitative patterns in energy waves and frequencies can be measured, compared and noted. Repetitative patterns in behavior and physical attributes can also be measured, compared and noted.

Which leads to question #4

4) No, most were not, many simply are rewrites of other published information. A few do relate to documented research and gathered data.

5) No

Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  Patti on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:09 pm

stalin.v wrote: Hippocrates invented the principle 'likes cured by likes' and 'antipathy principles'.

Hippocrates also said:

"It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has."

Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  sv-b on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Patti wrote:
stalin.v wrote: Hippocrates invented the principle 'likes cured by likes' and 'antipathy principles'.

Hippocrates also said:

"It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has."

Hello patti, Smile

I dont know whether you like the quote or not. But it is true that modern medicine or old school of medicine focus on the disease and treat the patients like a machine . They give medicine for the patients particular illness. but they fail to notice that those chemical substances are invariably acting on the whole organism and causes innumerable side effects . The brutalistic treatment of english medicine is now visualized by the world. The following link shows the medicine book which is based on the hippocrates philosophy, 'likes cured by likes', explains the idiocy of modern medicine. http://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t405-organon-of-medicine-drsamuel-hahnemann-a-wonderful-medical-guidelines-for-all

sv-b

Posts : 615
Join date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  Martijn (admin) on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:55 pm

Patti wrote:
stalin.v wrote:Hello martijn, Smile

1. I dont think Vedic palmistry is contructed based on magic, rather it comes under the category divination and spiritual knowledge.

2. Not all religion say that earth is flat.

3. Again you and patti, seems to focus on general philosophy, rather than to be specific.

4. patti, your example is the idea of science, not the palmist- dont you agree? Hope, you will answer number 2nd, 4th, 5th question as well!

5. How your objective and subjective relations explains palmistry and other scientifical aspect you looking for?

Sorry Stalin, I have no more time to give to your circle game.

Hi Patti - yes, I think you are very right: I perceive as well that stalin's considerations are going nowhere and I think his thoughts can easily be described as 'philosophic rethorics'.

I have just had to confront him with likewise 'irrelevant' considerations in another topic:
http://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t903-different-types-of-whorl-fingerprint


Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network

Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5105
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  Martijn (admin) on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:08 pm


PS. Stalin... don't worry: at a later moment I will try to continue to share my views about the details that I mentioned earlier in this topic.

But please... try to keep your mind 'focussed' on your topic(s), otherwise you are sort of are undermining the relevance of your own questions... by sharing far too many philosophic considerations.

NOTICE: Your philosophic thoughts are really very welcome... but you often tend to 'fly away' from your own questions & original thoughts. Therefore I would like to ask you: please try to keep your mind 'in control', otherwise your topics are going nowhere... even before people have time to respond etc.

And please be aware... sometimes it can take weeks or even months before a 'quite discussion' finds it's purpose & value!!!

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network

Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5105
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  sv-b on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:54 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Patti wrote:
stalin.v wrote:Hello martijn, Smile

1. I dont think Vedic palmistry is contructed based on magic, rather it comes under the category divination and spiritual knowledge.

2. Not all religion say that earth is flat.

3. Again you and patti, seems to focus on general philosophy, rather than to be specific.

4. patti, your example is the idea of science, not the palmist- dont you agree? Hope, you will answer number 2nd, 4th, 5th question as well!

5. How your objective and subjective relations explains palmistry and other scientifical aspect you looking for?

Sorry Stalin, I have no more time to give to your circle game.

Hi Patti - yes, I think you are very right: I perceive as well that stalin's considerations are going nowhere and I think his thoughts can easily be described as 'philosophic rethorics'.

I have just had to confront him with likewise 'irrelevant' considerations in another topic:
http://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t903-different-types-of-whorl-fingerprint

Hello martijn, Smile

can you point out what are the off-topic i did so far in this discussion. so far patti had included many off-topic in this discussion . Those are 1. she put up unnecessarily the british king story in the discussion. 2. when i was asked to explain the meaning of the word 'principle', i gave the explanation followed by a example from hippocrate's principle in order to make the appropriate understanding . but patti is interested to hang on hippocrate's quotes. Thus to answer her post i explained further . However no ordinary intelligent may say it is off topic when i put up the above 5 related questions to know the principle of palmistry? but due to lack of knowledge, westerns are not able to say what scientific methods are been used to write palmistry books ? Without knowing this, how will they know the principle either! Smile Finally, you need to understand that peoples read all posts with rational mind than following evidentless arguemets! and it is also non-sense when you feel that they believe in baseless arguements Smile

sv-b

Posts : 615
Join date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  waqar.an on Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:18 am

Banana waving

interesting discussion so far. i like to point out that old scientific theories and principles are no more in practice. they served the purpose and have gone out of current research now like newton principles and even Einsteinian.

racing back in time and relating all things to some past holy book and event are habit of religious people and they failed to answer ever evolving questions.

moreover philosophies are just rationalizing of some actual happening. so philosophies can be changed as we look from different angles the same thing and our understanding evolve.

my 2 cents....Very Happy

waqar.an

Posts : 214
Join date : 2011-06-04
Age : 39
Location : Edmonton, AB, Canada

http://www.yourpalmist.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  sv-b on Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:39 am

waqar.an wrote: Banana waving

interesting discussion so far. i like to point out that old scientific theories and principles are no more in practice. they served the purpose and have gone out of current research now like newton principles and even Einsteinian.

racing back in time and relating all things to some past holy book and event are habit of religious people and they failed to answer ever evolving questions.

moreover philosophies are just rationalizing of some actual happening. so philosophies can be changed as we look from different angles the same thing and our understanding evolve.

my 2 cents....Very Happy

Hello waqar, Smile

what sort of scientific explanation you like to give to frame the principle of palmistry? so called science, already named the palmistry and hand reading as 'pseudo-science'. Correct your idea... philosophy never change. . . Theories and philosophies are entirely different aspects. Theories are constructed based on possibilities . . . but philosophies are constructed based on absolute 'logic'. No modern philosophers can explain better aspects than aristotle, plato, hippocrates. . . dont you agree? what martijn explained 'world is flat pan-cake shape' is the foolish instruction of christianity. but it does not comes under philosophy as those idea of christianity have no logic or reasoning behind. . . but every philosophy has reasoning behind as it is constructed based on 'logic' . so called einstein newton, and other scientists have not at all supported palmistry so far. . . you must give me evidence that how you say philosophy change? open new topic for that. . philosophy always evolves but not changing . . as those are constructed based on logic and reasoning. . you can also notice that peoples who boast themselves they are modern palmist - like martijn, lynn, patti
were also not able to explain the principle of palmistry. I wonder that without knowing the principle of palmistry how they want to make raise the art of palmistry in the world. Lynn and martijn were already admitted that they dont know how and why palmistry works. if at all they know the principle of palmistry, how they will explain the principle of palmistry to others. and how they can raise the strenght and prevalence of palmistry in western peoples and explain to them same.
Applausing ourselves for making baseless arguements make no sense to anybody. . Smile
My two cents. . . Smile

sv-b

Posts : 615
Join date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  waqar.an on Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:33 pm

hi Stalin;

i guess i have to put more money on the table...Very Happy
stalin.v wrote:but philosophies are constructed based on absolute 'logic'.
what is absolute logic? do u mean divine?
stalin.v wrote:philosophy always evolves but not changing
how evolution is identified without noticing changes?

Science is rejecting old theories and generating new theories day by day so logically it is not absolutely right at any given time. So we can expect Palmistry to come under science over the time.

Eastern are western if western try to find eastern in the west...Very Happy

I do agree with you on the point that we should not boast palmistry a science to raise it worth in media. It is an art which drive inspiration from many interdisciplinary knowledges. But we should not criticize the one who is working to make it a science and indeed should help as much as possible.

The principle of palmistry will be the last thing to know when this knowledge will complete. If you know it before hand, please share it...Smile

waqar.an

Posts : 214
Join date : 2011-06-04
Age : 39
Location : Edmonton, AB, Canada

http://www.yourpalmist.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  sv-b on Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:48 pm

waqar.an wrote:hi Stalin;

i guess i have to put more money on the table...Very Happy
stalin.v wrote:but philosophies are constructed based on absolute 'logic'.
what is absolute logic? do u mean divine?
stalin.v wrote:philosophy always evolves but not changing
how evolution is identified without noticing changes?

Science is rejecting old theories and generating new theories day by day so logically it is not absolutely right at any given time. So we can expect Palmistry to come under science over the time.

Eastern are western if western try to find eastern in the west...Very Happy

I do agree with you on the point that we should not boast palmistry a science to raise it worth in media. It is an art which drive inspiration from many interdisciplinary knowledges. But we should not criticize the one who is working to make it a science and indeed should help as much as possible.

The principle of palmistry will be the last thing to know when this knowledge will complete. If you know it before hand, please share it...Smile

What i said 'absolute logic' is no way related to divine. . . you cannot find such idea in no religious text nor in any philosophy of the world. If you want to know the differences between theory and principle, you have to understand what is 'logic'. But i have already said you in my last post that differences. . .

yes, i have to help the person who are trying to make palmistry as science. but it is also important that peoples should not jump themselves with excitement by saying that it is 'modern' or 'science' without any evidences. Also they cannot say palmistry as science only based on either incomplete or complete statistic results.


Yes, I see some philosophy explains the principle of palmistry . . . But those are again seems to be little closer to what we expect. . . That is dualistic philosophy. . . Smile But so far noone have arrived at to this point. However, let us see. . .

sv-b

Posts : 615
Join date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  Martijn (admin) on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:53 pm

stalin.v wrote:
waqar.an wrote:hi Stalin;

i guess i have to put more money on the table...Very Happy
stalin.v wrote:but philosophies are constructed based on absolute 'logic'.
what is absolute logic? do u mean divine?
stalin.v wrote:philosophy always evolves but not changing
how evolution is identified without noticing changes?

Science is rejecting old theories and generating new theories day by day so logically it is not absolutely right at any given time. So we can expect Palmistry to come under science over the time.

Eastern are western if western try to find eastern in the west...Very Happy

I do agree with you on the point that we should not boast palmistry a science to raise it worth in media. It is an art which drive inspiration from many interdisciplinary knowledges. But we should not criticize the one who is working to make it a science and indeed should help as much as possible.

The principle of palmistry will be the last thing to know when this knowledge will complete. If you know it before hand, please share it...Smile

What i said 'absolute logic' is no way related to divine. . . you cannot find such idea in no religious text nor in any philosophy of the world. If you want to know the differences between theory and principle, you have to understand what is 'logic'. But i have already said you in my last post that differences. . .

yes, i have to help the person who are trying to make palmistry as science. but it is also important that peoples should not jump themselves with excitement by saying that it is 'modern' or 'science' without any evidences. Also they cannot say palmistry as science only based on either incomplete or complete statistic results.


Yes, I see some philosophy explains the principle of palmistry . . . But those are again seems to be little closer to what we expect. . . That is dualistic philosophy. . . Smile But so far noone have arrived at to this point. However, let us see. . .

... scratch

One could use philosophy to describe the 'principle' of palmistry, last week I presented a few quotes from some famous philosophic oriented minds, see:
http://palmreadingperspectives.wordpress.com/2011/06/18/the-purpose-of-palm-reading-why-study-the-hand/


But if such quotes describe the principle of palmistry, then palmistry would end to become a philosophy only (actually, in a way, this could very well be not far away from the truth).

However, from my point of view... modern hand reading is developing towards becoming an observation-based 'science', where philosophical principles get replaced by clean research findings.

Stalin, how does this sound to you?


Very Happy Anyway, this was just another thought... to be continued again!

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network

Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5105
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Principle of palmistry. . . ! :)

Post  Parender on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:05 pm

I would like to say hand is the visible part of the brain.
Parender Sethi

Parender

Posts : 394
Join date : 2010-09-29
Age : 65
Location : INDIA

http://www.enjoylifefoodart.com

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum