Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Palm reading please reply.
Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:47 pm by Keeperlit19

» Seeking Medical Palmistry Author
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:11 pm by jezlucky

» Travel Lines
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:12 am by kalki

» Simian Line / Single Transverse Palmar Crease
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:26 pm by Martijn (admin)

» Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system!
Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:13 am by Martijn (admin)

» Hands & the Major Factor of Personality!
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:41 pm by Martijn (admin)

» best way to learn
Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:00 pm by Martijn (admin)

» THE MOST CHALLENGING HAND: Simian Lines, Murderer’s Thumbs & Radial loops
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:05 am by lawrencerook

» Palm is blackish
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:57 am by pravin kumar

» Worries and stress
Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:03 pm by bmcgowra

» is chinese palmistry compatible with western palmistry
Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:49 pm by nuttyprofessor

» wheel sign on the palm
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:53 pm by appanna

» White spots on palm
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:05 am by Lynn

» What Does Broken Life Line Indicate?
Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:50 am by amit_plawat

» Discover Multi-Perspective Palm Reading!
Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:55 pm by Martijn (admin)

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 38 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 37 Guests

wilsonhao

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 293 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:22 am
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5223 registered users
The newest registered user is Alex90

Our users have posted a total of 43287 messages in 4302 subjects
Top posting users this week
Juno
 
pravin kumar
 
kalki
 

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2015 with the assistance of Google adsense!


Pointing finger: check this out!



Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

radial peacock

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

radial peacock

Post  zaobhand on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:39 pm

Hello All,

Perhaps any of you know (or recall the discussion in international palmistry) about interpretation or radial peacock (on index finger, in particular).

Thanks
Boaz
avatar
zaobhand

Posts : 751
Join date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  Martijn (admin) on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:37 pm

zaobhand wrote:Hello All,

Perhaps any of you know (or recall the discussion in international palmistry) about interpretation or radial peacock (on index finger, in particular).

Thanks
Boaz
Hello Boaz,

You might want to take a look into the preview of Ronelle Coburn's book:
http://books.google.com/books?id=kCTeEF1zRz0C

(Unfortunately the preview of Richard Unger's book is no longer available)


___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5207
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  zaobhand on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:23 pm

Hello Martijn,

Thanks!

Boaz
avatar
zaobhand

Posts : 751
Join date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

radial peacock's eye

Post  Jennifer on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi Boaz
You might enjoy to read this excerpt from my book abput a radial peacok's eye on a water (index) finger.
Love from Jennifer

People with radial peacock’s eyes on their water fingers could be overly concerned with how others see them, and with how they are expected to behave. This ultimately requires that they learn to become more aware of their individuality. They could feel torn between wanting to be true to themselves and wanting to fit in. They may be inclined to behave erratically, first going with what is expected at first, then changing to become autonomous, but backing down at the first sign of opposition or criticism from others.

Jennifer

Posts : 2
Join date : 2010-07-27
Location : Cape Town South Africa

http://www.cheiro.co.za

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  zaobhand on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi Jennifer,

Great, very helpful. This was my understanding too as the radial loop (openness) and whorl (independence) formations are rather contradictory. Thanks!
Btw, I have radial peacocks on both index fingers. It seems to make sense to me and with the years I've become more aware of this psychological pattern.
avatar
zaobhand

Posts : 751
Join date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

radial peacock on Jupiter

Post  Pamelah on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:31 pm

Most of the time this is a Life Purpose marking - and it has to do with power and leadership the way I read fingeprints. On the right hand, leadership and power out in the world, on the left leadership and power in your close community.
avatar
Pamelah

Posts : 181
Join date : 2010-08-27
Location : Silicon Valley, California

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  zaobhand on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:47 am

I guess this sounds good. Thanks. What is the reason "leadership and power" is associated with radial peacock?
avatar
zaobhand

Posts : 751
Join date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  Ron on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:01 am

zaobhand wrote:I guess this sounds good. Thanks. What is the reason "leadership and power" is associated with radial peacock?

The Radial Peacock does not necessarily always mean it's associated with leadership and power, it depends on which finger the Radial Peacock is situated.
avatar
Ron

Posts : 66
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 28
Location : Republic of South Africa

http://www.ron-alain.co.za

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  Ron on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:38 am

Fingers represent a person's various realms. Fingerprints indicate how that person utilizes their energy (indicated by the shape of the fingers) according to their finger representing the realms, for example Water/Index finger is leadership, Saturn/Middle finger is responsibility, Fire/Ring finger is creativity and Air/Little finger is communication. Fingers represent a lot more but I'm giving an overview.
avatar
Ron

Posts : 66
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 28
Location : Republic of South Africa

http://www.ron-alain.co.za

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  zaobhand on Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Interesting. I see that index finger is associated with leadership. Is radial peacock supposed to enhance leadership qualities? Thanks
avatar
zaobhand

Posts : 751
Join date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  Ron on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:06 pm

Nothing enhances the features of the Water/Index finger, the fingerprint simply indicates how one uses the those qualities associated with the Water/Index finger.

According to Elemental Chirology (Personality Hand Analysis), a Peacock's Eye indicates artistic, discerning, lucky, observant and perspective to the qualities associated with the finger (Hirsch, The Healing Craft of Hand Reading 24:2004).

According to my database, an individual who who has a Peacock's Eye on the Water/Index finger indicates that the personal is a natural when leading/persuading others and in terms of careers this person's best potential is to work with others.
avatar
Ron

Posts : 66
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 28
Location : Republic of South Africa

http://www.ron-alain.co.za

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  zaobhand on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:45 pm

Thanks for explanation. Smile
avatar
zaobhand

Posts : 751
Join date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  Kiran.Katawa on Tue May 08, 2012 11:55 am

zaobhand wrote:Hi Jennifer,

Great, very helpful. This was my understanding too as the radial loop (openness) and whorl (independence) formations are rather contradictory. Thanks!
Btw, I have radial peacocks on both index fingers. It seems to make sense to me and with the years I've become more aware of this psychological pattern.

Hello Boaz, this is very old post ( And as you know - old is gold. I have found some important info here Wink ). Do you have radial peacocks on other fingers too. If so, you would be feeling torn between openness and independence in those areas too. Sounds logical. But, just wanted to check with you.
avatar
Kiran.Katawa

Posts : 2003
Join date : 2011-03-07
Age : 37
Location : Bangalore

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  zaobhand on Tue May 08, 2012 11:40 pm

Hello Kiran,

Can't argue with gold Smile

I find finger prints still to be rather tricky. In the least they need to be understood within the context of the full set of prints as well as hand shape and palm features. I've seen recently a hand with a set of 10 whorls and she didn't seem to display much of its characteristics other than striving for the past few years to establish self-employment. She seems to love being with other people and her hand is rather water like with conic-like tapering fingers. On the other hand a scientist friend of mine, with, I seem to recall, a full set of loops could probably be a text book example of a whorl personality. He has a remarkably beautiful and large hand of I believe a predominantly air type. I don't resonate much with the "Life Purpose School". I've got no feeling for why the radial peacock would relate to a leadership quality. Throw in enough adjectives and you get the Barnum effect.

My finger prints are, from thumb to pinky:
Left: 1. radially skewed whorl. 2. radial peacock. 3. ulnar peacock 4. whorl 5. ulnar peacock
Right: 1. whorl. 2. radial peacock. 3. ulnar loop 4. whorl 5. ulnar peacock

I don't think of myself as erratic. Often people comment on my calmness. Likely I had more 'openness' than the average person as a child or what one would call naivety, yet also an innate sense of originality. There probably was some contrast. Nowadays I feel very confident within my own 'style & character'.
avatar
zaobhand

Posts : 751
Join date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  Kiran.Katawa on Wed May 09, 2012 1:56 am

zaobhand wrote:Hello Kiran,

Can't argue with gold Smile

I find finger prints still to be rather tricky. In the least they need to be understood within the context of the full set of prints as well as hand shape and palm features. I've seen recently a hand with a set of 10 whorls and she didn't seem to display much of its characteristics other than striving for the past few years to establish self-employment. She seems to love being with other people and her hand is rather water like with conic-like tapering fingers. On the other hand a scientist friend of mine, with, I seem to recall, a full set of loops could probably be a text book example of a whorl personality. He has a remarkably beautiful and large hand of I believe a predominantly air type. I don't resonate much with the "Life Purpose School". I've got no feeling for why the radial peacock would relate to a leadership quality. Throw in enough adjectives and you get the Barnum effect.

My finger prints are, from thumb to pinky:
Left: 1. radially skewed whorl. 2. radial peacock. 3. ulnar peacock 4. whorl 5. ulnar peacock
Right: 1. whorl. 2. radial peacock. 3. ulnar loop 4. whorl 5. ulnar peacock

I don't think of myself as erratic. Often people comment on my calmness. Likely I had more 'openness' than the average person as a child or what one would call naivety, yet also an innate sense of originality. There probably was some contrast. Nowadays I feel very confident within my own 'style & character'.
That's true Boaz that the fingerprints have to be co-related to other hand features for accuracy.
I was looking for "Barnum effect", the name I had totally forgotten. That's very important for a palm reader to be conscious of. Good that you bought it in this description Thumbs up!

avatar
Kiran.Katawa

Posts : 2003
Join date : 2011-03-07
Age : 37
Location : Bangalore

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  zaobhand on Wed May 09, 2012 1:58 am

Kiran, A good example of the Barnum effect with Derren Brown from "Tricks of the mind"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haP7Ys9ocTk
avatar
zaobhand

Posts : 751
Join date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  Patti on Wed May 09, 2012 2:26 am

zaobhand wrote:Kiran, A good example of the Barnum effect with Derren Brown from "Tricks of the mind"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haP7Ys9ocTk

The end of the video is painful to watch as it leaves the people with the idea that all astrologers, tarot card readers and palmists are using generalizations that can fit everyone. This forum is in itself an example of perhaps both, but I think when you read through threads of readings for people, everyone is not going to read through and say "that's just like me 80 to 99%".
avatar
Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  zaobhand on Wed May 09, 2012 2:33 am

Patti, I also think that readings in this forum are often very specific. Here is another perhaps counter example to the Barnum effect:
"Michael Shermer debunked by Astrologer Jeffrey Armstrong on his own show!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6k7xa1NrCc
avatar
zaobhand

Posts : 751
Join date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  Kiran.Katawa on Wed May 09, 2012 2:40 am

Patti wrote:
zaobhand wrote:Kiran, A good example of the Barnum effect with Derren Brown from "Tricks of the mind"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haP7Ys9ocTk

The end of the video is painful to watch as it leaves the people with the idea that all astrologers, tarot card readers and palmists are using generalizations that can fit everyone. This forum is in itself an example of perhaps both, but I think when you read through threads of readings for people, everyone is not going to read through and say "that's just like me 80 to 99%".
At times the problem with these theorist is they generalize it to "ALL" instead of "MANY", though its such a value add information. They deny the scientific factors of astrology, tarots or palmistry. I feel - its their immaturity, ignorance and insecurity.
But, just the presence of such people in a way increases the value of palmreading as ppl become more aware of generic readings and also a value for us in being self-aware.
avatar
Kiran.Katawa

Posts : 2003
Join date : 2011-03-07
Age : 37
Location : Bangalore

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  Patti on Wed May 09, 2012 2:41 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
zaobhand wrote:Hello All,

Perhaps any of you know (or recall the discussion in international palmistry) about interpretation or radial peacock (on index finger, in particular).

Thanks
Boaz
Hello Boaz,

You might want to take a look into the preview of Ronelle Coburn's book:
http://books.google.com/books?id=kCTeEF1zRz0C

(Unfortunately the preview of Richard Unger's book is no longer available)


I recently purchased this book and it's much more of a book about the psychology of the meaning of the fingers rather than the finger prints. The prints are used to obtain a life purpose and from there it's all about life purpose based on emphasis on particular fingers. It seems a good book, but I think Jennifer Hirsch's book is much better for reading about the various finger prints as they appear on the different fingers.
avatar
Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  zaobhand on Wed May 09, 2012 2:46 am

Hi Patti,

Good to know. I was planning on buying Jennifer's book. I recall reading somewhere that it will soon be published internationally.
avatar
zaobhand

Posts : 751
Join date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  zaobhand on Wed May 09, 2012 2:51 am

Kiran.Katawa wrote:
Patti wrote:
zaobhand wrote:Kiran, A good example of the Barnum effect with Derren Brown from "Tricks of the mind"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haP7Ys9ocTk

The end of the video is painful to watch as it leaves the people with the idea that all astrologers, tarot card readers and palmists are using generalizations that can fit everyone. This forum is in itself an example of perhaps both, but I think when you read through threads of readings for people, everyone is not going to read through and say "that's just like me 80 to 99%".
At times the problem with these theorist is they generalize it to "ALL" instead of "MANY", though its such a value add information. They deny the scientific factors of astrology, tarots or palmistry. I feel - its their immaturity, ignorance and insecurity.
But, just the presence of such people in a way increases the value of palmreading as ppl become more aware of generic readings and also a value for us in being self-aware.

Kiran, Cannot say it any better. Thumbs up!
avatar
zaobhand

Posts : 751
Join date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  NoelH on Wed May 09, 2012 2:58 am

Kiran.Katawa wrote:
Patti wrote:
zaobhand wrote:Kiran, A good example of the Barnum effect with Derren Brown from "Tricks of the mind"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haP7Ys9ocTk

The end of the video is painful to watch as it leaves the people with the idea that all astrologers, tarot card readers and palmists are using generalizations that can fit everyone. This forum is in itself an example of perhaps both, but I think when you read through threads of readings for people, everyone is not going to read through and say "that's just like me 80 to 99%".
At times the problem with these theorist is they generalize it to "ALL" instead of "MANY", though its such a value add information. They deny the scientific factors of astrology, tarots or palmistry. I feel - its their immaturity, ignorance and insecurity.
But, just the presence of such people in a way increases the value of palmreading as ppl become more aware of generic readings and also a value for us in being self-aware.

I can agree. For people who might make the "generalization" argument, I'd say the same could be said for psychology, therapy, any of the "mental" sciences, in which you have to consult your patient to get a picture of their inner mind, before you can offer them advice and treatment. Yes, some of this "getting a picture" is going to be based in, or at least started in, generalization, but any good consultant (whether that be a therapist, or a palmist, or astrologist, etc) is going to branch out from that generalization, into something precise, and personally helpful to the person who is consulting them. It is just the nature of the science. You start with "You seem to have anxiety," then branch out to, "You have anxiety about "x," then move to, "You have anxiety about "x" because..." The initial generalization is necessary to get to the deeper things.
avatar
NoelH

Posts : 68
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 28
Location : Michigan.

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  zaobhand on Wed May 09, 2012 3:02 am

Liz, I think the true test of hand reading and astrology is whether the character (or predictions if so be) can be delineated on the basis of the horoscope and the hand itself. Of course one on one makes it easier to fine tune the reading.
avatar
zaobhand

Posts : 751
Join date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: radial peacock

Post  NoelH on Wed May 09, 2012 3:08 am

True. But, it seems that specific markings can mean different things for different people. That is where, starting with the broad concept, and working up to the specific, seems to be really helpful. Or is it really possible to jump straight to the very specific? It's not something that I know!
avatar
NoelH

Posts : 68
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 28
Location : Michigan.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum