Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 57 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 57 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47487 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Voting17I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Voting19I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Voting18 
Sumit
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Voting17I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Voting19I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man!

+12
Manfred
guypalm
Sucom
anithapalm
knox gillespie
Kiran.Katawa
Christopher Jones
Parender
Lynn
RishiRahul
Patti
Martijn (admin)
16 posters

Page 29 of 43 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 36 ... 43  Next

Go down

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Empty Re: I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man!

Post  Patti Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:15 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Patti wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:
Patti wrote:
I have highlighted Lynn's words because these words literally illustrate that even when one 'associates' the thumb with the outer world... there could very well be an underlying fundamental connection between the thumb and the inner world.

Now this is a perspective you haven't touched on yet.

Your words suggest that most people that read hands and have written books about reading hands, Johnny and Jennifer included, have somehow viewed the thumb as being autonomous.

That's a really unusual viewpoint.

But it correlates with a chapter from the book "The User Illusion" about the concept of the Bicameral mind by Julian Jaynes, and refers to some writings in the bible and in Homer's work that imply that at a certain period of time, or a certain group of people, were unable to think out things and a voice in their heads (voice of a god) told them what to do. At some point (in evolution of mankind) this voice in the head receded to the realms of those that are schizophrenic.

Sorry Patti, I don't think that I understand your association regarding me suggesting something that relates to the word 'authonomous'. Can you specify how you made this assocation?

you said:

I have highlighted Lynn's words because these words literally illustrate that even when one 'associates' the thumb with the outer world... there could very well be an underlying fundamental connection between the thumb and the inner world.

However, I am not sure if Lynn's word choice should be taken as a specification of the principle that she has adopted.

Regarding JF and Jennifer's view, their works do not explicit suggest that they have thought things through regarding this issue; in their writings they don't take an explicit standpoint regarding the thumb. But I am also aware that many students simply tend to adopt the principles used by their teacher... without giving much thought about the fundamentals and the implications.

You seem to be implying that Lynn, Johnny and Jennifer are assuming that there is no inner nature of the thumb. Therefore, if it doesn't tap into the inner source it must be operating externally on it's own and therefore autonomous.

Otherwise, you must understand that there is an inner and outer nature to all of the hand and are not really confused about the idea that the thumb is the outward expression of the inner self of man (and woman) in the contradictory stance that you have been defending.

Patti, regarding the work of Johnny and Jennifer I have only tried to point out that they do not present clear guidelines regarding whether they associate the thumb with the inner world, outer world, or both worlds.

By the way, from the start I have been aware that this is actually a discussion about 'more inner' versus 'more outer'; so I understand that any position does not implicate that one excludes the other polarity completely. This could also explain why many authors never presented any specific guidelines regarding the duality that we are talking about.

Does this make sense?

Maybe this again is a subjective situation on your part. You seem attracted to what appeals to your thinking. Obviously your reading material must be biased or limited.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Empty Re: I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man!

Post  Lynn Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:19 am

quick reply

Lynn, your explanation regarding Christopher's words never included any consideration regarding the Yin-Yang philosophy nor did you put things in perspective of the quadrant-principle described by Dukes & Fincham. And I have explained why I perceive Christopher's principle as a violation of the Yin-Yang philosophy (and you actually never denied it)......
(And of course, you are welcome to explain why you prefer to follow Christopher's guideline... instead of the well-founded Yin-Yang principle used by Dukes & Fincham)

Christopher also uses well founded yin-yang principles throughout his work.
re my explanation "never included any consideration regarding the Yin-Yang philosophy" .... what would you say to the tsunami about its manifestation violating the yin principle of water?

Last edited by Lynn on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correcting quote)
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:20 am

For example, I haven't seen you quote from Beryl Hutchinson.
"The whole hand is ruled by the thumb which is the key to behavior" and
"Thumbs measure the power of purposeful direction."
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:34 am

Actually Martijn have you even read Edo Sprong's book!

On page 70 he says:

"Conception is found in the mount named Luna. If we follow the process of birth and development, then the child or the idea is born in Luna." "The child or idea takes form in Venus. We want to manifest in life, so we must adopt a certain stance. This is also true of an idea - if we want to put it into practice, we must give it a particular form. An architect, for example, has an idea for a building. He sets out this idea in the form of a drawing on paper. The design then takes physical shape through its construction."

(see also page 71 and 72)

Last edited by Patti on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:37 am

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Hands_and_feet011-418x215
Patti, please allow me to go back for a moment to an ealier point we have discussed:

We have tried to figure out from an anatomic perspective which part of the hand (thumb or pinky) is positioned more inward to the body and which part of the hand more outward.

Now, take a moment... and a look at your feet.
Can we agree that in the anatomic perspective the big toe is positioned more inward?

Now, would you object if I propose to use the similarity regarding the big toe and the thumb?

By the way, in primates the similarity regarding the big toe and thumb is even more obvious, because in primates both the thumb and big toe always are positioned more proximal to the body! I think this illustrates my point that the thumb is not only positioned more proximal... it is also positioned more inward compared to the other digits.

Also, both the thumb and big toe are recognized as 'digit 1' (for in respective the hand and the foot).

So, I think this presents a solid basis for an agreement that both the thumb and big toe represent the most inward positioned digit in the anatomic perspective.

Patti, are you able to agree on this?

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 HandF
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:40 am

Lynn, would you also mind to take a look at my post above?

(Would you be willing to agree regarding the position of the thumb in the anatomic perspective?)
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:42 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Hands_and_feet011-418x215
Patti, please allow me to go back for a moment to an ealier point we have discussed:

We have tried to figure out from an anatomic perspective which part of the hand (thumb or pinky) is positioned more inward to the body and which part of the hand more outward.

Can we agree that in the anatomic perspective the big toe is positioned more inward?

Now, would you object if I propose to use the similarity regarding the big toe and the thumb?

By the way, in primates the similarity regarding the big toe and thumb is even more obvious, because in primates both the thumb and big toe always are positioned more proximal to the body! I think this illustrates my point that the thumb is not only positioned more proximal... it is also positioned more inward compared to the other digits.

Also, both the thumb and big toe are recognized as 'digit 1' (for in respective the hand and the foot).

So, I think this presents a solid basis for an agreement that both the thumb and big toe represent the most inward positioned digit in the anatomic perspective.

I know I was deeply offended and insulted when you said my ideas about the thenar crease were absurd, but this is the most absurd support you've given for the idea that the thumb represents the inner essence of man.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:11 am

Patti wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Hands_and_feet011-418x215

I know I was deeply offended and insulted when you said my ideas about the thenar crease were absurd, but this is the most absurd support you've given for the idea that the thumb represents the inner essence of man.

Patti, don't worry... I only asked you whether we could agree regarding the thumb inside the anatomic perspective. Can you please comment regarding that?

(Please be aware: in my preceeding post I have not asked you to agree about anything regarding the hand reading perspective - though I understand why you made that association, but in my view any agreement regarding the anatomic perspective has no direct implications at all regarding the hand reading perspective)
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:17 am

I see the big toe's location as important for balance. Thumb's location is good for feeding oneself.

Now would you address my question to you above about the quotes from page 70 (and 71, 72) of Sprong's book?

Page 72: "The mount of mars positive represents our mental strength and also our ability to remember. This faculty of memory, however, is rather more emotionally "colored" than that of Mercury. Here, almost all of our thinking is based on subjective conscious or unconscious memories."

He may see the thumb as inner, but the ulnar side is subjective and unconscious.

Although I wouldn't word things as Sprong has done, he really hasn't deviated in the idea that the radial side represents the physical outer manifestion of man's inner self or the traditional interpretations for other mounts and fingers.

Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:00 pm

Patti, can you please give me a clear answer regarding my question:

Can we agree that (according the anatomic perspective) both the thumb and the big toe can best be perceived as positioned more inward (= more close to the central axis) to the body?

(See picture below: thumb & big toe are positioned more inward, and pinky and little toe are positioned more outward)

The picture below presents some visual evidence why in the anotomic perspective for the foot the big toe can only be perceived as being positioned more inward; and the parallel regarding the thumb for the hand appears obvious. (NOTICE: When one considers the thumb from the perspective of the inner hand only... then one would could cherish other associations; however, for the foot such a perspective is not even possible at all! Therefore it would make sense to only use the dorsal perspective of the hand in order to study this issue!)
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Hands_and_feet

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:48 pm

Lynn, I would appreciate if also mind to take a look at my post above and share whether you can support my conclusion regarding the anatomic perspective?

(Would you be willing to agree regarding the thumb being positioned more inward in the anatomic perspective?)
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:50 pm

Patti wrote:
I know I was deeply offended and insulted when you said my ideas about the thenar crease were absurd, ...

Hmmm... sounds like this comment of yous refers to the lengthy discussion we had last summer about the life line.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:30 pm

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 400_F_35653870_LTJO6EzKa6SXAPasxc63RdUSetIEu9w5

wave
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:04 pm

Just to clarify - I wasn't trying to be funny with my last post.

Yin and Yang are forever in motion and change. Even positive and negative charges switch poles. There is no such thing as a pure yang or pure yin. There is no such thing as a pure element. Nothing is neutral or stagnant, energy is always moving - even in solid rocks.

The wiki school of enlightenment only gives you the facts, but it takes study, experience and awareness to go beyond intellect and information to understanding and comprehension.

The various signs and symbols were meant to be triggers of this deeper understanding from experience, but even more so to trigger subconscious ancestral/tribal memories.

Applying these symbols to areas of the hands without really understanding the full nature of their implications is a fatal mistake to the application. Christopher remarked that new students went away with more information about the elements than they did about the hands.

I think in order to apply any outside system to the hands, one really has to be a master in the complete understanding of hands, from all perspectives, including an ability to read them, and also a master of the system they are applying. Not just quantitative and qualitative measurements, directions and wiki.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:44 pm

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 A+woman's+open+hands+offering+fresh-picked+olives

When we give and receive we open our hands with the thumbs outward.

sunny
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Patti wrote:I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 A+woman's+open+hands+offering+fresh-picked+olives

When we give and receive we open our hands with the thumbs outward.

sunny

Sure Patti, what you describe regarding the picture above is a fact.

But can you please respond to my request regarding the anatomic prespective:
https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t2419p705-the-thumb-represents-the-inner-essence-of-man#26612
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:59 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Lynn, I would appreciate if also mind to take a look at my post above and share whether you can support my conclusion regarding the anatomic perspective?

(Would you be willing to agree regarding the thumb being positioned more inward in the anatomic perspective?)

Sorry I didn't notice this request before (and I now notice this was the second time you asked me)
Yes I agree.
P75 Dukes also says "The thumb is closest to the physical body"
altho when I am walking it shifts to the front position.
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:54 pm

Lynn wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:

Sorry I didn't notice this request before (and I now notice this was the second time you asked me)
Yes I agree.
P75 Dukes also says "The thumb is closest to the physical body"
altho when I am walking it shifts to the front position.

Ah great, thanks Lynn!

Thanks!

Regarding Dukes' comment op page 75 ("The thumb is closest to the physical body ..."), I perceive that his comment only relates to the fact that the thumb is positioned more proximal to the wrist (not related anyhow to the theme 'inner' versus 'outer').

However, I perceive the parallel regarding the thumb and the big toe as relating to a different issue... because it points out that in the anatomic perspective the ulnar side of the hand is the more 'outward' positioned aspect of the hand; just like is seen for the feet... which we nearly always see from the 'outer' dorsal side!

So, regarding the hand... yesterday I had an eureka moment when I began to understand that we should be very aware of the difference between the dorsal side of the hand and the palm side of hand. And because as a 'hand observer' we always look from the outer world to the hand... and thus it requires us to be aware that the 'inward' positioned aspect of the thumb can only be perceived directly by taking a look at the hand via the dorsal side!

PS. :Maybe our fellow primates would understood this faster than us... because while walking on their hands the parallel with the feet is more easily noticed! Very Happy

cheers And actually, the primates 'knuckle-walk' only includes the 4 fingers... but never the thumb; which clearly shows that the thumb was never meant for locomotion into the outer world anyhow!!!

In some tree-monkeys thumb even appears to be missing (almost) completely; probably because as a side-ward anatomic 'attachement' it could easy get injured when divind from tree to tree! hand dance

The thumb obviously has a different (higher) evolutionary purpose than our fingers... and because it is not meant for locomotion in the outer world, it more relates to our inner nature!

Which I perceive symbolically confirmed by the anatomic 'more inward' positioned (proximal) thumb featured with only 2 phalanges... which are all typical Yin-related features of the body!

nice thread

NOTICE: See the 'knuckle-walk' used by the ape in the pictures below: the 'short' thumb never gets involved in locomotion... not on the ground, and not in the trees! The thumb has the purpose the get a 'grip' on things... or to take things INWARDS (e.g. food)!
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Evolution_thumb%5B1%5D

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 Burrito-knuckle-walk-playroom_web_mg_6544
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:54 am

A long thumb does set us apart in the sense that it easily makes pulp to pulp contact with the other digits. A couple of different references in "The Psychobiology of the Hand" point out that it is the strength of the thumb that is most important. It gives a strong grip and the ability for precision.
Page 82 and page 95
"Our thumbs also have some features which enable their precise use in very strong grips, which probably contributes to the forms of fine handling and tool use that we find easy to accomplish but which we rarely see in other species."

Our thumbs allow us to better interact with the outer world. The thumb is on the radial, outer side of the hand. The ulnar side of the hand is a less movable structure compared to the radial side. Radial side had the index finger and it's mount and their ability to flex along with the thumb and thenar mount. On the ulnar side only the little finger quadrant can flex and bend.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:26 pm

Patti wrote:I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 400_F_35653870_LTJO6EzKa6SXAPasxc63RdUSetIEu9w5

wave

Patti wrote:A long thumb does set us apart in the sense that it easily makes pulp to pulp contact with the other digits. A couple of different references in "The Psychobiology of the Hand" point out that it is the strength of the thumb that is most important. It gives a strong grip and the ability for precision.
Page 82 and page 95
"Our thumbs also have some features which enable their precise use in very strong grips, which probably contributes to the forms of fine handling and tool use that we find easy to accomplish but which we rarely see in other species."

Our thumbs allow us to better interact with the outer world. The thumb is on the radial, outer side of the hand. The ulnar side of the hand is a less movable structure compared to the radial side. Radial side had the index finger and it's mount and their ability to flex along with the thumb and thenar mount. On the ulnar side only the little finger quadrant can flex and bend.

Patti, I noticed your statement above + your earlier picture (my hands and feet have never been in a position like that...?).

Patti, does this implicate that you are not able to agree with me that in the anatomic perspective the thumb (just like the big toe) is positioned inward towards the central axis of the body, and the pinky (just like the little toe) is positioned outward?:
https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t2419p705-the-thumb-represents-the-inner-essence-of-man#26612

Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:00 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Patti wrote:I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 29 400_F_35653870_LTJO6EzKa6SXAPasxc63RdUSetIEu9w5

wave

Patti wrote:A long thumb does set us apart in the sense that it easily makes pulp to pulp contact with the other digits. A couple of different references in "The Psychobiology of the Hand" point out that it is the strength of the thumb that is most important. It gives a strong grip and the ability for precision.
Page 82 and page 95

Patti, I noticed your statement above + your earlier picture (my hands and feet have never been in a position like that...?).

Patti, does this implicate that you are not able to agree with me that in the anatomic perspective the thumb (just like the big toe) is positioned inward towards the central axis of the body, and the pinky (just like the little toe) is positioned outward?:

Anyway, I apologize for not responding earlier to your question (but that is only because I probaby did not find the time or put enough priority to the post where you presented this question).

My response is similar to yours to Lynn. May I ask why you have questions about this image and the placement of the big toes and thumbs?
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:37 am

Patti wrote:
My response is similar to yours to Lynn. May I ask why you have questions about this image and the placement of the big toes and thumbs?

Patti, I didn't ask questions regarding the picture itself.

I only used the picture to illustrate that the (inward) position of the big toe in the foot suggests that in order to describe the inward- and outward side of the hand it would only makes sense to do this via the dorsal perspective of the hand.

(Because when looking at the inner palm we actually see the reversed perspective compared to the dorsal perspective, because when looking at the hand via the inner palm the anatomic inward positioned thumb... may appear to get re-positioned via a twist of the wrist to the outer side, however, the anatomic perspective does not really change of course)

Anyway, I was happy to see that Lynn was able to confirm this.

And I still have hopes that you will be able to acknowledge this as well, because that would implicate that we at least have found some clear point of reference to proceed - only related to the anatomic perspective of course!

(Afterwards time will tell if we are able to find more agreement in other perspective, etc.)

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:03 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Patti wrote:

Patti, I didn't ask questions regarding the picture itself.

I only used the picture to illustrate that the (inward) position of the big toe in the foot suggests that in order to describe the inward- and outward side of the hand it would only makes sense to do this via the dorsal perspective of the hand.

(Because when looking at the inner palm we actually see the reversed perspective compared to the dorsal perspective, because when looking at the hand via the inner palm the anatomic inward positioned thumb... may appear to get re-positioned via a twist of the wrist to the outer side, however, the anatomic perspective does not really change of course)

Anyway, I was happy to see that Lynn was able to confirm this.

And I still have hopes that you will be able to acknowledge this as well, because that would implicate that we at least have found some clear point of reference to proceed - only related to the anatomic perspective of course!

(Afterwards time will tell if we are able to find more agreement in other perspective, etc.)

wave

Well it seems like a silly question. Unless it's a trick photo of some sort I obviously am looking at what you are looking at. I don't know why you need confirmation from me as to what is in the photo.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:54 pm

Patti wrote:
Well it seems like a silly question. Unless it's a trick photo of some sort I obviously am looking at what you are looking at. I don't know why you need confirmation from me as to what is in the photo.

Well Patti... if we are not even able to find an agreement about the anatomic perspective in this discussion (which you have tried to address yourself as well), then I foresee that we probably won't be able to agree about anything significant at all regarding this topic.

PS. Again, the photo that I presented is itself not important at all. Why do you think that this is some kind of 'trick photo'?

(I did not present any 'silly question'; however, in my view it is rather remarkable that you are not even able to confirm my rather simple observation regarding the dorsal aspect for both hands and feet in the anatomic perspective)
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:22 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Patti wrote:

Well Patti... if we are not even able to find an agreement about the anatomic perspective in this discussion (which you have tried to address yourself as well), then I foresee that we probably won't be able to agree about anything significant at all regarding this topic.

PS. Again, the photo that I presented is itself not important at all. Why do you think that this is some kind of 'trick photo'?

(I did not present any 'silly question'; however, in my view it is rather remarkable that you are not even able to confirm my rather simple observation regarding the dorsal aspect for both hands and feet in the anatomic perspective)

I'd like to know your motivation, that's all. The photo is self explanatory.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 43 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 36 ... 43  Next