Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Nisha Ghai
III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

» Palm reading - 25/M right handed
III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:48 am by andre123

» Relationship line?
III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:13 pm by ketty

» Line from moon mount joining the fate line means
III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:50 am by pravin kumar

» Vertical lines on Venus mount.
III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:05 pm by pravin kumar

» Searching for professional case studies
III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:42 pm by chindiaper

» Read my palm
III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:04 am by jchenwing

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 365 on Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:35 am
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47471 messages in 4927 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!


Pointing finger: check this out!



Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

+14
Ras Inno
Ramann
Christopher Jones
kiwihands
cargoluxter
karanbehl
jeanette
Patti
Handreadered
hamilton
Manfred
Lynn
Parender
Martijn (admin)
18 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:01 pm

cargoluxter wrote:Question:
Bioinformatics elaborates two types of genes i.e. dominant and recessive genes. With dominant genes our known abilities/characters are described. whereas character and abilities of recessive genes are not expressed. How finger prints aids in the discription of recessive genes?


Kindly
Karan
Martijn
And
Ed Campbell
Please Give Your Thoughts.

Hello cargoluxter,

That's quite a fascinating question!

But I think this forum does not include any gene-experts at all. And I am not sure whether the link between various types of genes & fingerprints (which indeed has been described in various studies)... has ever been studied in the perspective of behavior related qualities - like the example of 'character' that you've mentioned.

So, I am not able to answer your specific question (and I don't want to speculate about issues related to fingerprints that possibly have never ever been studied by reseachers).

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5261
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:25 pm


Dear Ed,

Now, almost 2 weeks later after we continued this discussion about DMIT... I have found a 2nd dramatic mistake in your responses to my words:


I will now first point out to the sequence in your postings - which indicates that a LARGE PART of your writings about me... appears to be a projection of your feelings about Patti's words....!!!?

Because, after I have pointed out to the following horrible 'misquote' in your writing:


Handreadered wrote:Martjin, You said: “This system is very similar in way to Richard Unger’s system in that it consists of concepts about dermatoglyphics that have yet to be proven. There are no statistics other than people’s self reports. I would imagine the placebo effect (which a large portion of the human population is sensitive to) accounts for a large number of clients pleased with the results.” You could also make the same remarks about my work, that of Jennifer Hirsch, Ronelle Coburn and works going back to Noel Jaquin in the 1930's. You basically call us all liars or stupid.

... you responded first with a short appology (which I accept), but then you made another likewise mistake by assuming that I had somewhere accepted Patti's associations between DMIT & Richard Unger's work. For, you wrote:

Handreadered wrote:Well if I misquoted you it was a minor error as you seemed to have adopted Patti’s observations, at least where it was convenient for you to do so.

Ed, if you start reading back to page 4 of this topic (where Patti made her comment about DMIT & Richard Unger)... you will see that I have only thanked Patti for sharing her thoughts, and I have shared a short response focussed on the aspect of validation - but I did not comment at all on how Patti perceives similarities between DMIT & Richard Unger's system


Secondly, Ed, please be aware: on page 5 of this topic both Patti & Lynn have signaled to you earlier in this topic that you gave them the impression that you got confused:

Patti wrote: "I think there might be some miscommunication between you and Martijn."

Lynn wrote: "Ed, just to let you know I am also reading this, I think you have completely misunderstood where Martijn is coming from in his arguments."

(And later I was able to find the 'misquote' in your words, and now I have pointed out that you made the assumption that I have confirmed the passage in the 'misqute'... which I have by fact not confirmed at all since I did not respond to that passage anyhow at all)


PS. I must also add that you might have misunderstood Patti's association between DMIT & Richard Unger's work as well; because while Patti only pointed out to the 'pioneering' nature of the concepts used in both methods (which I think Patti meant in a positive manner), in response to that specific quote you wrote on page 5 e.g.: [i]"You basically call us all liars or stupid" - (Ed, see the first quote above).

Ed, I hope that this short summary will help you to understand why so many comments that were made by you ... appear to have lost track with reality.


Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5261
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Patti Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:34 pm

Patti wrote:"The proof of the pudding is in the eating." Very Happy

I have been studying some of the materials involved in marketing this concept and have hesitated to get more involved because there are no results of success. The field is too new.

At the same time, I am watching it with great interest. This system is very similar in a way to Richard Unger's system in that it consists of concepts about dermatoglypics that have yet to be proven. There are no statistics other than people's self reports. I would imagine the placebo effect (which a large portion of the human population is sensitive to) accounts for a large number of clients pleased with the results.

Hopefully, in the coming years as these systems are used by more people, the developers (or competitors) could provide data to support (or discredit) their claims.

This is where my interest lies - results.

Perhaps the cries of fraud and lack of scientific evidence will help to inspire these developers to provide credible evidence to support their claims. So to that end, I would not wish to discourage these systems to be actively used.


It seems that this post of mine is being used in a distracting way to settle a disagreement between Martijn , Ed and the various people marketing the DMIT and similar programs.

Most palmistry books, if not all of them, lack data to show the accuracy of their content. It is all based on hand-me-down information and the writer's own experience and additional input. A reader either takes the information at face value or tests it out by putting it into practice. Even when the new information is adopted by professional hand analysts because of the positive responses in readings, the confirmation of this information is based on self-reporting.

Research papers on the other hand contain data that shows the percentage of times something works against the times it doesn't work and should be based on a large number of participants.

I am all for pioneers in this field of hand reading and would like to think of myself as a pioneer with my interest in limb development and using it in combination with other known information on hands and human experience.

I think the argument in this topic is not about anything that I have posted, at all. Instead it is more likely about the threat of the challenging posts that Martijn has made and their influence on the marketing of this system/product.

Hopefully, more information can be forthcoming to support the claims made by those who create new systems in the handreading arena. Otherwise it is about faith and not facts.
Patti
Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:59 pm


Hi Patti,

Well said, and thank you for explaining the nature of your ealier comments; sounds very realistic to me.

(Again, I did not have any problems myself regarding the passage that was mistakenly quoted by Ed from your post)

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5261
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Patti Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:00 pm

I would also like to add, that if more time were spent studying the development of the dermatoglyphics and their function, a whole different attitude would come into being and such things as purpose in life and level of intelligence would take second place to "how" a person processes information.

This is a topic I touched on in my written presentation to the IBMBS and to this moment I have only had responses from people I personally shared the report with and not a word from anyone at or related to the conference.
Patti
Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Patti wrote:I would also like to add, that if more time were spent studying the development of the dermatoglyphics and their function, a whole different attitude would come into being and such things as purpose in life and level of intelligence would take second place to "how" a person processes information.

Sounds fine with me, because finding significant statistics in a 'group study' is one thing... but studying the significance of the dermatoglypics in an individual is another thing.

Thumbs up!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5261
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:13 pm


Ed, regarding your question:

Handreadered wrote:Martjin are you saying (and a Dutchman yet!) that commerce is immoral?

My answer is: no, not at all!

However, I think I have used 'fair' moral standards:

And I would say: when a product is sold by combining (pseudo-)scientific claims with 'half-truths'... then I think one can fairly describe that a product might have become 'up to the bone a commercial product' (quoted from my own words).


I have listed quite a few of my worries earlier in this topic, but I would like to respond now to how you (and Karan Behl) have reponded to the 'moral' element in my long list of worries - regarding the issue of how 'suicide' became a theme in the marketing technique of the DMIT products. I quote:

Handreadered wrote:In your cultural insularity, after disparaging the advertisement of potential child suicides, you said “In this perspective. It is quite shocking for me to see that Ed Campbell recently became a franchisee of the DMIT product.” So you accused me of being a shocking person.
No Ed, I have not suggested you to be a shocking person. But your decision to become a 'Thumbrule business partner' (which is e.g. explicitely exhibited at the ThumbRule website) has shocked and disappointed me. But this should not have surprized you, after I have shared my worries with you earlier this year - especially about how the 'suicide' theme is used in their marketing techniques.


Regarding this issue of the 'suicide' them Karan Behl responded:

karanbehl wrote:My another comment will be regarding the marketing of DMI in east by using an example of suicide rate. We are a country of 1.2 billion people and most of the parents want their kids to become doctor or engineer and no scope for other fields. Even in sports, only cricket is the only option but again you have to do well in maths & science, no matter what you do..If you score less than 95% of marks (in your countries, its grading system but here we have percentage), you will not get admission in your wishlist colleges. In this kind of competitive environment, children with learning disabilities are left with no option but to suicide.
And you asked me for a response in return:
Handreadered wrote:I believe that Karan Behl has answered you morality arguments.

Ed, at first sight Karan Behl's answer may represent an acurate description of how the Indian society works. However... you can not deny that his conclusion is rather remarkable:

"In this kind of competitive environment, children with learning disabilities are left with no option but to suicide."


I say in return: one can not deny that this is a rather provocative statement made by Karan Behl... and this needs a close consideration of the facts:

First of all, thouhg India is known to represent 17% of all suicides around the world - the true impact of this number should be understood in the persective that... 17% of the world population is living in India ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ed, you asked me to wake-up for a 'running train'?
And you described my views as 'cultural insulatiry'...? scratch

Well Ed, in response I dare to claim... that the WHO facts should become right now your wake up call:

For, India is actually known to have a suicide rate that is only slightly higher than the average world population:

According 2009 WHO statistics the suicide rate in India is known to be about 10.4 in 100.000 people per year (of which only 37% is aged 30 or lower).

NOTICE: In my own country (The Netherlands) the suicide rate per year is known to be hardly lower compared to India: 9.3 per 100.000 people..

(In the US the suicide rate per year is slightly higher: 11.1 per 100.000 people)


Sources:
http://www.who.int/mental_health/prevention/suicide_rates/en/index.html
http://www.indianjpsychiatry.org/article.asp?issn=0019-5545;year=2007;volume=49;issue=2;spage=81;epage=84;aulast=Vijaykumar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_in_India
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate



thinking Ed, since the suicide rate in India according the statistics provided by the World Health Organization can be described as: 'only slightly above world rate' (quoted from Wikipedia),

I think the WHO facts disqualify Karan Behl's argument (because even the chance that a child will commit an unsuccessful suicide attempt before the age of 30 is according the statistics for India is still less than 1.0%, and less than 0.1% regarding successful suicide attempt rates - quite a bizar difference compared to the 95% percentage that Karan Behl used in his argument and in the suggestive perspective presented at his website).... and I think the WHO facts also disqualify your suggestion that my moral worries raise from 'cultural insulatiry'.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5261
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Patti Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:48 am

At about 40 seconds in:

"in extreme cases there are suicides..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1tr1JgOyU0&context=C2503eADOEgsToPDskJTpq8b0jFDYcSuTBxYn7el

This was uploaded today, by the way.
Patti
Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:20 am


Thanks Patti,

Yes, it has remained a matter of 'extreme cases'. Also, 2010 Statistics indicate that suicide rates in India indeed have been rising significantly - especially among students (see: http://www.asiaone.com/News/Education/Story/A1Story20100205-196894.html

But still, it remains an issue where the statistics also show that the chances for a person to become a suicide-attempt case (or a suicide case) somewhere in their life, are not much higher than double of the percentages that I have shared in my former post.

So reality shows that statements like: 'children with learning disabilities are left with no option but to suicide' (quoted from Karan Behl's words)... are far beyond reality.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5261
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Patti Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:12 pm

The article is shocking! I would call this 'death by proxy' rather than suicide. The parents apparently apply inhumane pressure that leads to the unworthy and hopeless youths who are not able to be proud of themselves unless they are the best. Did they forget about diversity. If everyone is an engineer or doctor who is going to fill all the other important and vital community occupations!?

In that sense this type of testing (such as DMIT) would have to based on near absolute confirmed results or those providing the tests are complicit in the future lives wasted and needlessly ended.

By implication, the promise of a biometric test that promises to help children achieve and compete for the top 1 to 5% against their peers adds even another pressure and sense of failure if they do not obtain this goal. Particularly if the testing showed they were qualified. They might then be accused of not achieving their fullest potential and identified as a slacker. But, in actuality they are brilliant, but misled children.



Patti
Patti

Posts : 3912
Join date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty DMIT & Medical Science

Post  cargoluxter Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Question:
Bioinformatics elaborates two types of genes i.e. dominant and recessive genes. With dominant genes our known abilities/characters are described. whereas character and abilities of recessive genes are not expressed. How finger prints aids in the discription of recessive genes?

Well Martin.
as no one have replied to my last question posted.
but i am still hopeful to get the answer.

but to my best. i am adding a little extra to the whole debate.

imagine.. 100 years in past. from today..
when doctors say.. we can tell you about your blood pressure..
by just grabbing your arm..
lots and lots of people did not believe
how its possible to tell .. that.. our blood is flowing slow or fast.
but any how today.. no one argues..

i asked a doctor.. what is a chance that if both of the arms are tested. the result will match.
they say if a Professional doctor will take the test..
it would be 80 to 90 %

and if two different doctors will take the test of same arm..
the result will be different up-to .. 20 - 30 %

and if the same man just take a slow breath .. for the first arm test..
and later.. a hard breath for second arm test..
the difference would be.. 30 - 40 %

so.. i never see any one.. doubting .. about the process

here the claim of .. 80 % from DMIT organizations will be accepted only if their claim remains. that.. if two different companies take the test..
and their difference will be only.. 10 - 15 %

any how .. according to Sri Yukteswar
development of human minds depends on that
at what stage of youga he is
there are 4 yougas
if we believe that Egyptians have wireless electricity in those days..
then we have to believe that wireless communication age is not much of an advancement.

every nation is doom to be destroyed when they reach to the extent of a knowledge that is meant for them

what i think is.. right now DMIT is just a case.. based on statistical data analysis and supposition that the link exists between finger prints and mind..

if so .. then this study is yet have to be perfected.
as still medical science is struggling to establish any thing constant..

regards





cargoluxter

Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-12-01

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Christopher Jones Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:21 pm

my initial reaction is that it is a load of rubbish !!!!

1) the linking of one whole finger to a lobe of the brain is completely spurious and entirely without foundation in either neurology or palmistry/handreading
2) the association of 'learner types' to fingerprints is made with insufficient examination of the concepts involved and without any substantive studies to show such correlations; without even mentioning that handreading experience tells you that this is not what the fingerprints are about and that those 'learning styles' (if you can really call them that) are not at all characteristics of those fingerprint pattern types. Rubbish.
3) associating fingers to 'abilities' is again spurious and unsubstantiated and is about as scientific as ascribing planetary significance to the fingers (but probably less accurate!)
4) using the ATD angle as an indicator here is just irrelevant; this is just another example of people taking well-established dermatoglyphic markers which do have scientific status and credibility (eg in conditions of congenital heart disease and Down's Syndrome) and 'borrowing' that to lend a sense of scientific support to their own theory. There are many examples of scientific papers that do this as a way of justifiying their research, but they end up including something that is irrelevant to their studies. So, for them to do that here just makes me suspicious!

Mary Lai 'designed' this model? 'Made it up' would be a better description. This ranks as equal to some of the worst palmistry books out there !!

Reading on and seeing your comment abouts the ATD angle - not sure that this shows hig/low intelligence and I am not sure that can be separated out as a factor when found in chromosomally challenged people. I have always thought it to be the indicator of (congenital) heart problems as these are highly prevalent in DS and other chromosomal anomalies - but you also find displaced axial triradii in people with inherited heart conditions even without any chromosomal syndromes.

Christopher Jones

Posts : 48
Join date : 2012-01-16

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:02 pm


Hi Christopher,

Thank you for adding your detailed thoughts & observations.

I think I can understand/agree about most points that you've made - and especially your point 2 (about the concepts behind the 'learning styles') is interesting. Because the terminology used raise questions about whether the researchers have used a validated tools to assess 'learning styles'. Because in Academic science there appear to be no models available which compare 'affective learning' with 'normal learning' and 'effective learning'.

Regarding the aspect of the AtD-angle, earlier in this topic I have mentioned that there are a few studies available which have indicated that there is a correlation between IQ and AtD-angle among in samples of people who do not have mental retardation, see:

- [1996] Quantitative dermatoglyphic analysis in persons with superior intelligence
- [2006] Report on study of multivariate intelligence

However, I think these studies have not shown that the correlations can be used to assess the IQ in an individual.

(By the way, the same is true regarding the long ago established link between AtD-angle and congenital heart defects).


Anyway, thanks again adding your opinion about this topic!!

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5261
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:11 pm

cargoluxter wrote:Question:
Bioinformatics elaborates two types of genes i.e. dominant and recessive genes. With dominant genes our known abilities/characters are described. whereas character and abilities of recessive genes are not expressed. How finger prints aids in the discription of recessive genes?


Kindly
Karan
Martijn
And
Ed Campbell
Please Give Your Thoughts.

Hello cargoluxter,

Sorry for this rather late response - however, I am afraid that I don't understand your question.


PS. I have read your additional comments, but I was confronted with a likewise problem: you are talking about 'blood pressure', 'youga' and that 'every nation is doom to be destroyed when they reach to the extent of a knowledge that is meant for them'.... scratch

Sorry, I don't see how these topics are related to the issue of the DMIT topic... and I am not sure al all that you made a correct assumption regarding how dominant- and recessive genes affect our behavior (I think things are not as simple as you appear to assume).

Maybe it would become helpfull if you are able to explain your initial question a bit more? - But please be aware: your associative examples regarding 'bloodpressure' and 'youga' were so far not helpful at all for me to understand the nature of your first question.

Anyway, I would like to thank you for your efforts so far! Thumbs up!


Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5261
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Kriya Yoga Reference by cargoluxter

Post  Ramann Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:24 pm

Hello Martijn,

What probaly cargoluxter is trying to relate is something related to Kriya Yoga.Could find reference when the name of Yukteshwar is mentioned.Yuktehswar was the techer of "Paramahansa Yogananda".

Think Cargoluxter may have a point to make .Only thing seems that some validation is required of the reply.

Regards

Thanks!

Ramann
Ramann
Ramann

Posts : 336
Join date : 2011-07-19
Age : 41
Location : New Delhi

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Please Explain the secret behind dermatoglyphics fingerprint Analysis

Post  Ras Inno Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:10 am

Its a great opportunity to come across this website with such rich intellectual debate regarding the fingerprint analysis which at first goal I was very sceptical about the entire process. Well in my own personal opinion I'm not biased hence expressing my observation from a neutral perspective.

My point is I personally had a dematoglyphics analysis something totally new to me and gave it a shot the results from the report are astonishing its hardly a week I had this analysis and still amazed on how it actually pin pointed on my weakness which I vividly remember as I was growing my mother always scold me and how my teachers right from primary to high school always commented on the various strengths and weakness in class and on sport. However I shall not elaborate much in detail but in a nutshell its was quite amazing actually, I have always wanted to have a career in business and entrepreneurship the counsellor who handled the process explained on the various career options which best suited my abilities but in my case I may be part of the few fortunate guys in the field and passionate about.

In conclusion like I said I'm not trying to give a testimonial nor marketing this business I was client and moved on nevertheless I kept having a million questions in my mind if at all this was a trick in a way it that yields such precise reports or if at all they are working on a different principle. I Googled to check if at all it was scam and came across this website which heated in depth discussion regarding this topic and I can be of any assistance to any your scientific research or evaluation regarding this analysis it will be an honour for me.




Martijn (admin) wrote:III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Skeptic

Here's another critical 'Silly Beliefs' review of the dermatoglyphic multiple intelligence test (focussed on the website www.mind-tech.in and this Dec 2008 TheJakartaPost article ):

See the post from october 14, 2010:
http://www.sillybeliefs.com/blog016.html#blog016-7

Quote from the report:

"So in conclusion, DMIT is most likely a scam because:

• There is no scientific evidence that it works (1)
• They tell blatant lies in its promotion (2)
• They make misleading claims (3)
• The provide testimonials, not evidence (4)
• They speak in the language of pseudoscience (5)
• Even the affluent and often gullible West hasn't accepted it (6)"



Anyone

PS. In my second post in this topic I have independently presented 3 points of critical evaluation... which sort of relate to the 6 conclusions in the 'Silly Beliefs' report Exclamation


More details about the DMIT-franchisee model are available in this 33 pages powerpoint presentation:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/40155049/D-M-I-T-Concept-PPT-for-Franchisee

NOTICE:
- On page 19 is suggested that DMIT provides a method to assess IQ, EQ, AQ and CQ... but on page they suggest that IQ is an 'incomplete tool'.

thinking ...Intellectually, this DMIT concept looks like a complete chaos... because they are suggesting that the method identifies multiple forms of intelligence, but basically the concepts of AQ (Adversity Intelligence Quotient) and CQ (Coaching Intelligence Quotient) do not related at all to Gardner's model of mulitiple intelligences, etc, etc..

(Here you can read what AQ and CQ really concern: http://www.paradigm21.com/eq/eq.html )


So, basically... it appears to me that DMIT was build with some theoretical 'copy-and-pasting' combined with some statistical 'hocus-pocus' ... scratch

Ras Inno

Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-02-06

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:21 am


Hello Ras Inno,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts & experience related to DMIT.

Thumb up
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5261
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:31 pm

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Palm-2

(In the perspective of my earlier expressed worries about both the validity & marketing techniques used to promote the 'dermatoglyphic intelligence test', the following report from China should not come as a surprise! This new development focused on fraud investigation also indicates that the developers of this test should stop hiding behind their claim that they can not share validity evidence publicly... because they fear to spoil it's commercial potential. For now the validity of this test is 'officially' questioned & an investigation to determine fraud is under way according Chinese authorities!)


http://www.weirdasianews.com/2012/02/13/palmreading-tests-banned-chinese-children/

Palm-Reading Intelligence Tests Banned for Chinese Children!

"The ancient divination arts of fortune telling and palm reading have tenuous holds on modern Chinese life. Although deeply embedded in Chinese traditions, modern leaders have discouraged palm reading, calling it superstition and even have punished those devotees who are determined to practice it.

In Taiyuan, capital of the northern Shanxi province, three kindergartens were forbidden to administer palm-reading tests, which school authorities claimed were effective predictors of intelligence and academic potential.

On the part of many of the parents, there was much encouragement to administer the tests, and many eagerly brought their children to be tested.

Many of these parents did, however, later complain about the high cost of the palm-assessment test (US$190) and questioned some of the methods employed to determine aptitude in the fields of music, mathematics and language.

These complaints triggered education officials to ban the palm-reading tests.

“We have issued a circular to criticize the three kindergartens that offered palm-reading tests for 1,200 RMB [US$190] per person,” said Zhaoxing Ma, Taiyuan’s education bureau chief.

Mr. Ma also stated that an investigation to determine fraud is already under way.

The Shanxi Daomeng Culture Communication Company designs the palm aptitude-assessment tests and stands by its claim that the reading of palms helps “determine the children’s innate intelligence and potential.”

Time will tell on the results of the palm-reading investigation — that is, unless someone can divine the outcome via the palms of the mighty powers that be."



(More about how this test was applied in China: http://www.timeslive.co.za/world/2012/01/31/toddlers-subjected-to-palm-reading-assessments-in-china )
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5261
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  anand_palm Mon May 21, 2012 3:57 pm

Hello all

I just read artcile in a newspapaer called TIMES of INDIA (it is one of the leading newspaper in india) on this topic. It is about DMIT test and its benefits and it looks like some school has tried this method out. I wanted to post you the link to the article.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-05-15/parenting/31537376_1_fingerprints-mapping-method

Is this a correct approach to do at school level ect..

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Posts : 393
Join date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Roosi Thu May 24, 2012 10:29 am

Hi wave

Here is another article about this Chinese test

http://insidechina.onehotspots.com/taiyuan-dermatoglyphics-test-test-the-potential-opportunity-to-collect-money-allegedly-raised-doubts/1476/


sunny
Roosi
Roosi

Posts : 94
Join date : 2011-08-28
Location : Estonia

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:23 pm


A video presented at CNN - 'Tbe World Leader in News':

(In this 2011 video they associate using dermatoglylphics for the purpose of 'mind measurement' as: 'ít may be like a horoscope but parents are willing to try'; here one can find more info about Leny Painan: http://www.thesmarterwaytolearn.com/about-us )


Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5261
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:13 am


... Just spotted that my analysis (in the first post of this topic) has been used to point out that DMIT is an international scam-network, where the (naive) frenchees are sort of mislead by a couple of smooth talking commerical minds - see the 1st, 2nd and 6th comment at the bottom of this page: http://thumbrulefraud.blogspot.nl/2011/07/thumbrule-dermatoglyphics-is-fraud.html#comment-form


PS. The 6th comment is interesting in the sense that it suggests that some people have become aware that these methods are based on ancient (palmistry) folklore (I guess this sort of explains why the researchers suggest that they can not share their database and results - because they are probably aware that any available database - IF there is any at all - would probably not meet any serious scientific standard).

It appears that Prof. Roger Lin is somehow associated with this facebook page, see: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.163228373750034.42819.163224600417078&type=3 (though I have the impression that Prof. Lin's name + photo has been copied to many associated website without his knowing!???)
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5261
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:27 pm

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Fingerprint-pattern-predicts-behavior-hypothesis

I have done some additional research on the fundamentals of the Dermatoglyphics Multiple Intelligences Test, you can find my fundamental review about DMIT here:
http://www.handresearch.com/news/dermatoglyphics-multiple-intelligences-test-dmit.htm

Your thoughts are welcome!  Smile 
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5261
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:40 pm


Two new reports (2014) which illustrate why DMIT represents a pseudo-science (read: fake-science) where people get involved with e.g. a motive to 'just making money':

- 'Just making money'
- DMIT: truth of pseudoscience?


III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 D160217470
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5261
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  dhundhun Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:21 am

[quote="Martijn (admin)"]
...
...

DERMATOGLYPHICS MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCE TEST
IN A NUT-SHELL:
....
....
/quote]
Thumb up   Thanks!
dhundhun
dhundhun

Posts : 195
Join date : 2014-11-12
Location : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics? - Page 5 Empty Re: III - Thumbrule DMIT - IQ TEST: Does intelligence correlate with fingerprints & dermatoglyphics?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum