Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 91 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 91 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lifera
What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Voting17What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Voting19What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Voting18 
puneet
What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Voting17What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Voting19What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

What are people using as their palmistry "bible"?

+4
Felicity Martin
Roberta
Martijn (admin)
cshahar
8 posters

Go down

What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Empty What are people using as their palmistry "bible"?

Post  cshahar Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:57 pm

I was wondering: what are the most trusted sources of palmistry knowledge (reference books) people use? I asked this question on the Yahoo forum a few weeks ago and got a couple of responses. I figure the most trusted sources are good books to acquire in my reference library, and may provide different insights and dimensions to help round out my understanding of palmistry!

Thanks for your suggestions...

-Charles

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title improved)

cshahar

Back to top Go down

What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Empty Re: What are people using as their palmistry "bible"?

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:09 pm

What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Palmistry What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? U1294

Hi Charles,

Great topic!

I think that Ed Campbell's "The Encyclopedia of Palmistry" is truely a must have for all professionals & advanced students. For, I have never seen any likewise thorough work with so many references + sources. The book also presents an accurate & complete image picture of what the field of hand reading has evolved during the 20th century.

I hope that some day Ed will put his priority on presenting an update on the past 15 years, since 1996 - when his book was first published.

What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? 989321

PS. Though obviously outdated, I still think that "The Benham book of Palmistry" (1900) also deserves a firm recommendation... because it was a milestone in the history of palmistry. And Benham's book has quite a few times been refered as 'the bible of palmistry'.

Read more about both books here:
- The Encyclopedia of Palmistry
- The Benham Book of Palmistry

By the way, both books are listed in the Palmistry TOP 20 and they also belong to the TOP 6 of most recommended works:
http://www.handresearch.com/book/palmistry-top-100-amazon-books-11-20.htm
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Empty Recommended books

Post  Roberta Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:16 pm

While I'm relatively new to the study of palmistry I'd like to share the books that have been the most helpful to me. Your Life In Your Hands by Hutchinson is an older book but very thorough and highly recommended. Johnny Fincham's The Spellbinding Power of Palmistry is tremendous and I've found it absolutely accurate for myself. (I've registered for Johnny's Palmistry Intensive in France in February and am thrilled!) I recently acquired Jennifer Hirsch's God Given Glyphs. I've just started reading it and it has lots of good information on dermataglyphics. Also I just received in the post Arnold Holtzman's The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology and it looks like an absolute gem. It's out of print and I lucked out finding my (pricey!) copy on Amazon. I'll skimp on groceries to buy books. :-)

Roberta

Back to top Go down

What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Empty Reference Books

Post  cshahar Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:32 pm

Fantastic Martijn and Roberta. I have some of the books you mention, but not all. I shall look further into them and will certainly buy them if they attract me. Roberta, I am curious how much you paid for The Illustrated Textbook of Psychodiagnostic Chirology? I just ordered it through inter-library loan, but would rather have my own copy!

-Charles

cshahar

Back to top Go down

What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Empty Re: What are people using as their palmistry "bible"?

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:31 pm

cshahar wrote:I was wondering: what are the most trusted sources of palmistry knowledge (reference books) people use?...
Thumbs up!

I think Charles posted a great question, so...

Dear members, I am sure that others will appreciate your personal answer(s) as well... please, do not hesitate to share your experience! Anyone
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Felicity Martin Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:30 am

I generally grab any book on the subject as the more observations one looks at the more Stuff can finally sink in, and one can look at that which is consistent with contemporary thought and analysis. It is also interesting to see how social conditioning has impacted on hands and their interpretation. Desbarrolles (downloaded from microfilm, Barr Smith library), Saint Germaine, Walter Sorrel, Nathaniel Altman, Jaquin, Vera Compton, Cheiro and am also looking at it from the Kabbalistic perspective and find Chinese and Indian interpretations very informative. Have long thought of getting the two recommended texts so will!

Felicity
Felicity Martin
Felicity Martin

http://www.hallettgalleryfelicitymartin.com.au

Back to top Go down

What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Empty Recommended books

Post  Roberta Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:13 pm

Hi Charles,
I sent you a private message answering your question regarding my cost for Arnold Holtzman's book some time ago. Do hope you received it.
Roberta

Roberta

Back to top Go down

What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Empty For Roberta...

Post  cshahar Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Hi Roberta! No I didn't get the private message. Perhaps I don't know where to look! Can you send it to my email:

charles19@sympatico.ca

Thanks!

cshahar

Back to top Go down

What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Empty Arnold Holtzman's book

Post  Roberta Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:36 pm

Hi Charles,

So sorry you did not receive my private message. I have just sent you an email with the information you requested. Any questions, please do let me know.

Regards,
Roberta

Roberta

Back to top Go down

What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Empty hmmm

Post  great-palmist Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:30 pm

i had studied many palmistry books , but i trust on old indian Vedic palmistry book , that is best i have ever seen and i read book of benhem , kiero and many many , but what i feel palmistry is not connected with science, its just like above the science . so the book that i have can predict time and date , and year of person via seeing palm only

great-palmist

Back to top Go down

What are people using as their palmistry "bible"? Empty go on please!

Post  Laurah Thu May 24, 2012 8:25 pm

this topic is interesting, even years after le first post
anyone else to share ?

I don't have any...

Thanks!
Laurah
Laurah

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramann Fri May 25, 2012 5:42 pm

Hello Laurah,

This has always been my favorites too.Posted many times on books at this forum and my best reads still remain the same.

My best takes are:

1.Richard Webster:Palmistry for beginners.Very basic book but made much sense to me.

2.Palmistry:The Universal Guide:Nathaniel Altman.Honest experiences of Mr Altman elucidated with some real prints and case studies that often bother many of us in real lives.

3.The Spellbinding power of Palmistry:Initially I was dis approving of the book.But its really a masterpiece.Because what is being said makes so much sense.

4.Fred Gettings Books (Palmistry Made Easy):Author's views seem very original and very honest.No tall claims.Simple and make an interesting read.

Edward Campbell's book has one serious drawback that not a single hand print is there.Besides a major part of the book seem to mention only what other's have written.Here the Altman's book scores much high on the context and originality.So far what I think of my reads only.No book is a bible I guess as everyone develops own style and its better to be influenced than engulfed by some one's thoughts.

Nobis
Ramann
Ramann

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Fri May 25, 2012 5:51 pm

Hello Laurah,

You may find this thread with reviews on Ed Campbell's new book to be useful.
https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t1600-ed-campbell-s-new-book-fingerprints-and-behavior-2012
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Laurah Fri May 25, 2012 8:49 pm

Ramann wrote:Hello Laurah,

This has always been my favorites too.Posted many times on books at this forum and my best reads still remain the same.

My best takes are:

1.Richard Webster:Palmistry for beginners.Very basic book but made much sense to me.

2.Palmistry:The Universal Guide:Nathaniel Altman.Honest experiences of Mr Altman elucidated with some real prints and case studies that often bother many of us in real lives.

3.The Spellbinding power of Palmistry:Initially I was dis approving of the book.But its really a masterpiece.Because what is being said makes so much sense.

4.Fred Gettings Books (Palmistry Made Easy):Author's views seem very original and very honest.No tall claims.Simple and make an interesting read.

Edward Campbell's book has one serious drawback that not a single hand print is there.Besides a major part of the book seem to mention only what other's have written.Here the Altman's book scores much high on the context and originality.So far what I think of my reads only.No book is a bible I guess as everyone develops own style and its better to be influenced than engulfed by some one's thoughts.

Nobis

zaobhand wrote:Hello Laurah,

You may find this thread with reviews on Ed Campbell's new book to be useful.
https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t1600-ed-campbell-s-new-book-fingerprints-and-behavior-2012

Thank you both!, I'll try to find some of these sources. scratch

I must before find a intensive course of english or move a few months abroad... lol!

You're very kind, it's up to me now... hope that some french people will read this topic too!

sunny
Laurah
Laurah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down