Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Hello to all Members Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Hello to all Members Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Hello to all Members Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Hello to all Members Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Hello to all Members Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Hello to all Members Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Hello to all Members Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Hello to all Members Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Hello to all Members Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Hello to all Members Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Hello to all Members Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Hello to all Members Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Hello to all Members Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Hello to all Members Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Hello to all Members Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 89 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 89 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47487 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Sumit
Hello to all Members Voting17Hello to all Members Voting19Hello to all Members Voting18 
rajashri
Hello to all Members Voting17Hello to all Members Voting19Hello to all Members Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Hello to all Members

4 posters

Go down

Hello to all Members Empty Hello to all Members

Post  hitesh Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:27 pm

Dear all,
           I am Hitesh from India. Interested in learning Palmistry and while surfing on Internet came across this forum and realized this place is full of useful info on Palmistry and experts keep sharing there views and knowledge. So decided to join and here I am.

Kindly recommend me books, as the market is flooded with books so I am confused.
BTW, i got hold of few books:
1. The Benham book of Palmistry
2. Palmistry for Beginners (i.e the complete book of palmistry) by Richard Webster
3. Palmistry ‘Apprentice to Pro in 24 Hours’ by Johnny Fincham
4. Language of Hand by Chiero
and some ebooks freely available on net.

But while going through initial chapters I got confused.
For Example: While Johnny Fincham ask readers to ignore the types of hand. Other texts says types of Hand as Elementary, Conic, Psychic, Philosophical etc but provides sketches and not the actual picture. So its difficult to understand and recognize. Richard Webster says only two types Square Palm and Oblong Palm.
Kindly guide me on how to start with (as I am confused) and which book to refer and follow initially ?
Regards

hitesh

Back to top Go down

Hello to all Members Empty Re: Hello to all Members

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:29 pm

Hello hitesh,

First of all, welcome at this forum!

Regarding your request related to books, we have a separate forum book-section available here:
https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/f12-ivb-palmistry-books-authors

And maybe you are also interested to take a look at my Palmistry Books TOP 100 project:
http://www.handresearch.com/book/palmistry-books-top-100-palm-reading.htm

I am sure that you will find some interesting titles there!

Thanks! 

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hitesh Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:56 pm

Dear Martijn,
                 Thanks for your reply.
Regards
https://2img.net/u/3015/27/05/92/smiles/627427.gif

hitesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:30 pm

hello Hitesh,

I notice you have some good books there.
I understand your confusion!
In his first book, Spellbinding Power of Palmistry, Johnny Fincham uses the 4 element hand shapes, earth water fire air. (this is the method I use). He discovered that many people find it difficult to ascertain handshape, and many books have handshape as the first chapter, so students were falling at the first hurdle and feeling that they would never understand hands. Hence Johnny left handshapes out of his second book, Palmistry from Aprentice to Pro.

D'Arpentigny's system of 7 fold hand classification - Elementary, Conic, Psychic, Philosophical etc - as you say was only accompanied by sketches and it is very difficult to distinguish those hand shapes from the pictures. Also because they incude finger shapes in with the palm shape, many hands end up as 'mixed'. Another drawback of that system is that he only intended it for the hands of men, not women!

Handshape is just a general indication of how we use our energy, there are many more aspects of the hands to explore. So don't worry if you are finding handshape difficult, go onto the next chapters and look at other features of the hand.

I think you have seen recommended books on my website? (I guess it was you who emailed me about books?) When I was a beginner,  I learnt a lot from Sasha Fenton "Modern Palmistry".
Also, if it was you who emailed, you mentioned that it is difficult to buy some books in India - yes some of the books I list are out of print, but can be found second-hand online sometimes. Books that are still in print can be bought from the Book Depository who deliver free to many parts of the world, India included - see their link on my books page. http://www.handanalysis.co.uk/books.htm

Welcome to the forum and Happy learning! study
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  learner Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:42 am

Hello Lynn,

Your post is interesting. I'm still learning, so could you please clear my doubts whenever you can spare a few minutes? Thanks in advance.

Like most students of palmistry, I too found it difficult to understand the old classification of hand
shapes. Even after seeing 50 hands of friends and relatives, I cannot differentiate between a philosophic and conic hand or Elementary and Square hands. I find the 4 element system a lot easier.

You say that 'Handshape is just a general indication of how we use our energy'. Could you explain this in more detail or direct me to some literature that explain your thoughts?

You state: 'Another drawback of that system is that he only intended it for the hands of men, not women!'
Does this mean that using the old system, it is useless to attempt classification of women's hands ?
I did try and got lost and confused, so gave up.

learner

Back to top Go down

Post  hitesh Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:26 am

Hello Lynn,
               Thanks for your reply.
Yes madam, I wrote you a mail requesting for your guidance.
As per your guidance through email and also over here, I will proceed further and today I will be ordering the book Sasha Fenton "Modern Palmistry".

Hello to all Members 627427

Regards

hitesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:37 am

hello learner,

Like you, I find the 4 element system of hanshapes a lot easier than the old system.
I think D'Arpentigny's system is more useful for classification of finger tip shapes (conic, pointed, spatulate, square) and knuckles (smooth, knotted) than for overall hand shape. Yes he designed it just for use on men's hands,not women. But we have to thank him for being the first person to ever classify hand shapes. Thumbs up! 
You can read more about it here - http://cheirology.net/history/darpentigny.htm

regarding 'Handshape is just a general indication of how we use our energy'. Handshape shows in a general way how we go about doing things, how we express our energy out into the world. For example fire shape will do things in a fiery way! whatever they are doing they like to do quickly in a busy active direct way, whereas earth shape take life slower in a more systematic, plodding way, air hands take a more considered objective approach to everything and water more sensitive drifting and subjective. But we have to look at the rest of the hand to see what type of energy they have (eg quality of lifeline) and for all the other details of the personality. As Johnny said in his 2nd book handshape is related to body type. It just gives a very general overview. So anyone who is struggling to ascertain handshapes, no problem, just go onto study the next hand feature!

Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:39 am

Thanks Hitesh - yes after your email I found you here. Good luck with Sasha's book. I learnt a lot from it. I meet Sasha ocasionally when we work at fairs, she is very good at hands, tarot and astrology and is a fun person, very amusing and witty! Laughing 
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  learner Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:52 pm

Thanks for your reply Lynn. I think I need to read a few books dealing with 4 element system.

learner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down