Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Hal 9000 or Hal headline Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Hal 9000 or Hal headline Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Hal 9000 or Hal headline Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Hal 9000 or Hal headline Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Hal 9000 or Hal headline Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Hal 9000 or Hal headline Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Hal 9000 or Hal headline Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Hal 9000 or Hal headline Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Hal 9000 or Hal headline Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Hal 9000 or Hal headline Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Hal 9000 or Hal headline Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Hal 9000 or Hal headline Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Hal 9000 or Hal headline Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Hal 9000 or Hal headline Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Hal 9000 or Hal headline Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 45 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 45 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Hal 9000 or Hal headline

3 posters

Go down

Hal 9000 or Hal headline Empty Hal 9000 or Hal headline

Post  rajashri Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:54 pm

Hello Martijn,

Could we have a detailed information on the Hal headline.? I could not find any or have I missed it?

Thanks,
rajashri

rajashri

Back to top Go down

Hal 9000 or Hal headline Empty Re: Hal 9000 or Hal headline

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:49 pm

rajashri wrote:Hello Martijn,

Could we have a detailed information on the Hal headline.? I could not find any or have I missed it?

Thanks,
rajashri

Sorry, there is not much info publicly available about it all; I have summarized a few things inside the article about the Sydney line (listed there as the 4th hand analyst Richard Unger):
http://www.handresearch.com/news/the-sydney-line-fascinating-hand-crease-handmark.htm#resources

It's basically an IIHA 'gift marker' concept presented/developed by Richard Unger, but I recognize it to be a rahter ambiguous concept (which he never defined very well - not suitable at all for proper research in my opnion).

The concept appears to proceed on the (outdated) 'concept' that length of the head line correlates with intelligence... but in the 20th century scientific literature plenty of evidence (which I am not going to summarize here) came available which suggests that this 'concept' is likely not true at all.

People often tend to 'fall in love' with beautiful simple ideas... which often turn out to be illusions when researched properly.

I hope this is helpful anyway.

wave  .
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  learner Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:33 am

Hi Martijn,

I fully agree with the view that length of headline does not co-relate to intelligence. I know quite a few people with long headline but very little intellectual ability. I also know 2 advanced computer programmers who make excellent salaries with short headlines.

I'm just curious: do scientific studies use IQ tests as a measure of intelligence ?

Thanks,
Learner.

learner

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:15 pm

learner wrote:Hi Martijn,

I fully agree with the view that length of headline does not co-relate to intelligence. I know quite a few people with long headline but very little intellectual ability. I also know 2 advanced computer programmers who make excellent salaries with short headlines.

I'm just curious: do scientific studies use IQ tests as a measure of intelligence ?

Thanks,
Learner.

Hi Learner, regarding your new question my answer is a simple: yes.  Smile 

PS. Just curious, why did you wonder about this?
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  learner Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:04 am

Hi Martijn,

Actually, I was quite sure that they use IQ tests, but I wasn't 100% sure. Scientific research often involves concepts & methods that the common man (such as me) doesn't understand. So I wanted to make sure.

I have occasionally read that IQ tests are not a true measure of intelligence, but I have no idea about the validity of such arguments.

Hence my question. Thanks for the answer.

Learner.

Last edited by learner on Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total

learner

Back to top Go down

Post  rajashri Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:11 am

Hello Martjn,

I have gone through this page earlier. I do not have any strong evidences regarding the co-relation between intelligence and the length of line. According to my understanding Intelligence =IQ + EQ (emotional quotient). IQ is using only one side of the brain, which is not the total human potential and same goes with EQ.
I have found cases of dyslexia, ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) in people with this line. This has got nothing to do with real intelligence. Every person is unique and has unique capabilities which do not find the right stage for their use.I would want to elaborate on this sometime later. Now ADHD is considered to be a psychiatric disorder of the neurodevelopmental type in which there are significant problems with attention, hyperactivity or acting impulsively which is not considered a disorder at all by some other psychiatrists.
Again every intelligent person may have thousands of flaws considered by general standards. All great scientists have been eccentric( scientific study isnt possible without being a bit eccentric).
Now, multi tasking is again thought to be healthy by some and not by others.
One thing I know for sure that Hal headline does seem to give the possessor an analytical brain with multi tasking and data collecting abilities.

thanx,
rajashri

rajashri

Back to top Go down

Post  rajashri Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:35 am

Hello Martijn,

After doing some deep thinking and recalling few other hands i had read before, I come to this conclusion that Richard Unger's views about the Hal headline could be partly right ie. about the analytic mind, data collecting, multi-tasking but not about being a mega computer as this needs support from other signs and lines.

This line alone cannot make a person intelligent. True intelligence needs the support of other marks and lines. According to the studies on emotional and intellectual intelligence, more importance is given to the EQ. People who are emotionally intelligent know the difference between what's important to them and what is important to someone else,and also know the difference between what they need to survive and a passing whim.They can weather life's thousands of setbacks. They have a sense of proportion which the brainiest among us often lose.
The hands I studied were of 2 women one almost 70 and the other in her forties. The former was a writer,had a deep study in literature and language,was successful for a short period, multi talented, multitasker but  due to lack of E.I., did not prioritize her children.

So I do agree about the intelligence part.  Smile . Nothing more to comment.

rajashri

rajashri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum