Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Introduction by your forum host!! Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Introduction by your forum host!! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Introduction by your forum host!! Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Introduction by your forum host!! Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Introduction by your forum host!! Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Introduction by your forum host!! Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Introduction by your forum host!! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Introduction by your forum host!! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Introduction by your forum host!! Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Introduction by your forum host!! Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Introduction by your forum host!! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Introduction by your forum host!! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Introduction by your forum host!! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Introduction by your forum host!! Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Introduction by your forum host!! Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 49 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 49 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lifera
Introduction by your forum host!! Voting17Introduction by your forum host!! Voting19Introduction by your forum host!! Voting18 
puneet
Introduction by your forum host!! Voting17Introduction by your forum host!! Voting19Introduction by your forum host!! Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Introduction by your forum host!!

+7
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya
Patti
curiosity
anu_d
Sucom
TruthSeeker
Martijn (admin)
11 posters

Go down

Introduction by your forum host!! Empty Introduction by your forum host!!

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Welcome!!

My name is Martijn van Mensvoort, psychologist & hand researcher from The Netherlands.

I started this forum initiative, after I had been a member of the former 'Palmistry International Forum' [earlier name: International College of Palmistry Forums] that was presented by Sue Compton during the past few years.

Unfortunately, Sue decided recently that the continuation of her very large forum (at it's peak 1200+ members) became a mission-impossible. Merely because she felt that too many members used her forum for inappropriate purposes - that did not fit with the purpose that she had in mind with her forum. But Sue has welcomed my follow-up forum initiative, and she has joined the memberlist of this new forum. So she is able to share her experience as a forum manager - maybe in the discussions, but for sure behind the scenes!

Regarding my background, I started my career in the fields of hand reading in 1993 as a student at the Dutch 'Academie Antropodynamica' - www.antropodynamica.nl, the largest school for Hand Analysis in the Netherlands,
The Academie Antropodynamica was founded by Edo Sprong, who was in the 80's a student of Ganshyam Singh Birla, at 'The Birla Center for Hast Jyotish' [earlier: National Institute for Self Understanding] in Montreal, Quebec - Canada.

In the same year I also started my study in Clinical & Health Psychology at Leiden University, The Netherlands.

In 1997 I completed both studies, and started a part-time career as a hand researcher. Over the years I have been involved in various hand analysis projects, including: doing consultations, teachings, master class workshops & writing.

In 2002 I started working on a hand research website, which is running since 2004 at the domain name: www.handresearch.com

At the following page you can find an overview of my hand research projects:
http://www.handresearch.com/research/palm-reading-research.htm

So, basically my main interest concerns collecting & developing research based knowledge about the hand as a 'diagnostic' tool. I have a large experience in related (academic) scientific literature. And I am familiar with various types of 'palmistry' - experienced members will recognize this in the structure of the

However, the creation of a global palm reading network became over 3 years ago one of my high priority projects ... and I hope this brand new forum will come another milestone resulting from these efforts!

Introduction by your forum host!! Icon_king
Your forum host,
Martijn van Mensvoort, Asten (N-B) - The Netherlands, 2010
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Introduction by your forum host!! Empty all the best but ...

Post  TruthSeeker Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:01 am

Martijn,

While I applaud your effort in bringing this forum to life, I feel that at the very outset we may need to do an exercise in "lessons learned" from another (failed) forum. It would be pity if all your efforts fall by the wayside if this forum allows certain nefarious elements to wreak havoc (yet again). Yes, I'm being purposefully abstract here. YOU ALL KNOW WHAT I MEAN! IMHO, you (or someone else) will have be ruthlessly efficient in rooting out the "wrong element" from this forum. This may mean having strict rules of forum etiquette (no political or ideological football and NO PERSONAL ATTACKS ---- I was a victim, I know all about it!)

Just remember George what Santayana (1863-1952) said: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

Wish you all the luck!

--- TS

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Introduction by your forum host!! Empty Re: Introduction by your forum host!!

Post  Sucom Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:53 am

Hi TS

I feel that at the very outset we may need to do an exercise in "lessons learned" from another (failed) forum

Making the very difficult decision to close the PI Forums was not easy for me, especially as the forum was frequented by so many on a regular basis. The membership list quoted by Martijn would have been a great deal higher (literally thousands) if I had not made a regular, annual pruning of memberships no longer in use. I used to prune memberships so that at any one time one would be able to view the most relevant, current, accurate number of interested, participating members.

After running, focussing and maintaining a forum for nearly ten years, I found that other projects needed my energy, attention and focus so, at least for the time being, the Palmistry International website and forums have been taken down. For this reason, I am particularly pleased to see that Martijn has taken up the initiative to create a new forum, allowing previous PI members to continue and for new members to join.

I don't think it would be true to say the PI forums failed - on the contrary, the forums were very successful - one of the reasons it attracted so many members with such varying views and interest. However, I would agree that a fresh beginning is always good. One of the things I most love in life is to have a clean, fresh piece of paper and a pen in my hand ready for a new project. For me, something stays in existence for as long as it serves its purpose. If a project no longer serves its original purpose, it's time for a new one!

A large forum will inevitably draw interest from members of many ideas, thoughts, views, ideals, etc - not all will agree with each other! For many forum members, visiting a forum becomes an everyday way of life making it very difficult to decide who should join and participate and who shouldn't! But previous experience is always useful and those aspects of the PI forum that some members were perhaps not quite so happy about will no doubt be remembered when decisions are required for the everyday running of this new forum.

I already love this new forum - the colours are my favourite so it is already pleasing on my eyes! lol. I wish it every success!

Sue

Sucom

Back to top Go down

Post  anu_d Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:21 am

Dear Sue...good to see you posting and hope you are well.
the PIforums was a great place....it is shut now.....I undertsand but not a failed place by any means.

It's the foundation stone for bringing together a huge community of plamistry enthusiasts from the experts to the novices.
A great service to the world of palmistry...and the resultant user community has spread together and overtwo separate platforms / forums even after the closure of Piforums.

Thanks for making PI forums availbale to us....and hope to see you post your thoughts more and more.

Regards---a_D
anu_d
anu_d

http://palmistry.iforums.us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:55 am

Hello TruthSeeker, Sue & Anu_d,

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. And please don't worry about the fact that so far there is not list of forum rules.

But the very first forum rule will be something like:

"Follow the description of each forum-section!"

But so far, I think every single post made forum members did follow this unwritten but obvious rule...!

(Though of course, this fine start is no guarantee that future postings will always continue to follow the descriptions)

Dear Sue,

Thank you for publicly explaining why you had to make your decision. And I agree that the PI forum has not failed at all - for sure a great example in the management of this forum so far.

Regarding the colors & look of this forum ... it was sort of chosen in the democratic way with the help of Lynn, Patti, Kenneth & Anu_d!

Thank you for your enthousiasm & support!

Introduction by your forum host!! Icon_sunny
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  anu_d Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:40 am

TruthSeeker wrote:Martijn,

It would be pity if all your efforts fall by the wayside if this forum allows certain nefarious elements to wreak havoc (yet again). Yes, I'm being purposefully abstract here. YOU ALL KNOW WHAT I MEAN! IMHO, you (or someone else) will have be ruthlessly efficient in rooting out the "wrong element" from this forum.
--- TS

Hello truthseeker,
welcome!
what is meant by nefarious elements? althouhg you put it in shouting letters....I don;t think most of us undertsand what you mean.
regards---a_D
anu_d
anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post  curiosity Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:28 am

Hi all.. and Hi Sue!
I had just become a member on the PI forums when you shut it down... I was so enthused and then could not log on. I was wondering if I was being blocked. :(

I'm sorry to hear it was not working out, but happy to see the new forum. What were the nefarious forces at work anyway? Dare I ask? I walked into the room right as someone was being bad?

curiosity

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:45 am

Hi Sue, it's nice to see you here! Glad you like the colors. Lynn and I swayed him away from the neon red board with flashing lights. Very Happy
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Upendrasingh Bhadoriya Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:00 am

Respected All

When I think “What I have done for palmistry ,I feel guilty
nothing else” Hence all those who have done something for palmistry are the great
for me”
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya

http:// http://www.vedicastrostar.com

Back to top Go down

Post  anu_d Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:31 pm

Upendrasingh Bhadoriya wrote:Respected All

When I think “What I have done for palmistry ,I feel guilty
nothing else” Hence all those who have done something for palmistry are the great
for me”

Dear Upendra,
Good to see you posting again.
Hope your son is doing well now
Regards
anu_d
anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobias Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:13 am

Hello Martijn, congratulations on this new forum - and a special hello (and a huge hug) to Sue and Lynn,

I can only re-endorse the comments made by each of you, and others, that this forum will be strong only if we make it strong.

We do need ground rules, simple and easy to follow: and thus easy to moderate.

I am really happy to have found this group after the closure of PI. Thanks for the link on the PI 404 page, Sue.

Tobias

http://tobiasware.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:29 am

Hello Tobias!!

Thanks, and great to see that Sue's recommendation has become useful for you as well.

Yes, I understand your concerns regarding the forum rules.
And yes, I agree that it is preferable to keep them simple.

For the time being, the only (unwritten) forum rule so far is:

"Follow the description of each forum-section!"

And so far this (unwritten) forum rule works just fine!!

I guess that is the basic 'trick': if the structure of the forum is well-designed... people should easily be able to find where to post their questions, thoughts or info!!!

Introduction by your forum host!! 898444

(By the way, Tobias when you have specified suggestions... you are welcome to share them here, or via a pm)

Anyway ... thank you for confirming:

"... that this forum will be strong only if we make it strong."

Introduction by your forum host!! 177963
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  asif amin Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:56 pm

Nice to see you dear SUECOM, please do not leave this forum.
Welcome to annu d, upendrasingh, patti, manfred, lynn my favourite one and handresearch as a moderator.
asif amin
asif amin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:57 pm

Hi Masif! It's nice to see you here!
Introduction by your forum host!! Icon_biggrin

masif2681 wrote:Nice to see you dear SUECOM, please do not leave this forum.
Welcome to annu d, upendrasingh, patti, manfred, lynn my favourite one and handresearch as a moderator.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:00 pm

(don't know why that code is in my signature??)
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:18 pm

Patti wrote:(don't know why that code is in my signature??)
Hi Patti,

Obviously that's HTML code (one can only use html codes at this forum where it is explicitely mentioned as an explicite option).

In general, you really only need to use the buttons above your typing screen to compose your 'signature'.
For example, you can try to start using the: Introduction by your forum host!! Switch_wysiwyg 'Switch Editor Mode' button - then you have two types of options to get where you want.

By the way, after switching to the BBCode, in your case you can copy-and-paste the following BBCode to include a link to your website:

[ url =http://www.ireadhands.com][color=blue]www.ireadhands.com[/ url ]

>>> Patti, before copy-and-pasting this code into the BBCode editor... you will have to delete the 4 spaces that I added before and after the letters: 'url' (I did that to make the code appear properly).

After hitting the Introduction by your forum host!! Switch_wysiwyg 'Switch Editor Mode' button again, you will see how this BBCode looks in the visual editor.

But actually, after switiching to the BBCode mode the button can easily provide you exactly the same result!

Introduction by your forum host!! 399964

PS. If somehow you need more assistance, please send a PM or ask more questions in another (more appropriate) forum section.

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:27 pm

Thank you! cheers
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Introduction by your forum host!! Empty Hi ,

Post  princeva Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi All,

My name is Chirag. I am from India but settled in US for last 4 yrs.
Was not interested much in astrology and palmistry but few incidents in life and advise from knowledgable people made me turn to this side.
I am trying to learn astrology and palmistry and will be lucky if will be able to help someone anytime in future.

Keep on doing the great job.

princeva

Back to top Go down

Introduction by your forum host!! Empty Glad to meet you

Post  temoor Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi martijin, Introduction by your forum host!! 36845

Its really very very nice to see you as a forum moderator. The colour scheme and look and feel of this forum is really very good.

I was very disappointed when i tried to log on the previous forum i.e piforums.net (after its permanent closing). No doubt, sue did a great job for many many years. I learned a lot from piforums, thank you sue for such a great effort Introduction by your forum host!! 898444

As for as this forum is concerned, it looks like an advanced version of piforums. I must say, the features and sections which were missing in piforums are well covered and are part of this wonderful forum.
Accept my heartious congratulation for this great effort, dear martijin Introduction by your forum host!! 752367 . I will consider it as your "Master Project".
I think it is always a difficult task to run a huge forum by a single moderator. You did choose a great lady Mrs lynn seal as a co-moderator. No doubt, both of you are knowledgeful, professional and enthusiastic persons.

Accept my best wishes for the future of this forum.

BR,

Ahmad Tamoor (PAK)

temoor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down