Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 77 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 77 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lifera
The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Voting17The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Voting19The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Voting18 
puneet
The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Voting17The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Voting19The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!

+4
Lynn
Martijn (admin)
Manfred
sv-b
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!

Post  zaobhand Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:38 pm

Dear Manfred,

I agree that this forum is not the appropriate medium for deeply expounding on Vedic astrology.

Boaz
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:08 am

zaobhand wrote:Dear Manfred,

I agree that this forum is not the appropriate medium for deeply expounding on Vedic astrology.

Boaz

Dear Boaz & Manfred,

I have a suggestion... for I think the topic that you both made comments about (the difference between Western astrology & Vedic astrology) might now directly relate to the topic of this discussion - however I do recognize that other members might be interested to hear more details about that topic.

Forum VIII provides various options to discuss materials that do not directly relate to the hands, nor (Vedic) palmistry. So, you are welcome to start a new topic in for example forum section "VIIId - Serious stuff".

Just a suggestion for an option to consider... and thank you both for your input in this discussion so far!

wave wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:12 pm

In the book "Palmistry, The Art of Reading Hands" by Jean-Michel Morgan, there are several reproductions of very old illustrations that are not already uploaded in this thread.

One is a German engraving from 1466 (page 9) titled "the lines of the hand as a mirror of health". The finger sections are labeled but not in English, therefore I'm unable to tell if they are zodiac related or planets. (no symbols) It also assigns Saints to the hand features.

Sculptured hands may also be a source for ancient markings.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:35 pm

Another resource is Maria Gardini's "The Secrets of the Hand" which includes on page 18 a painting of a man studying a woman's hand. Nearby in the painting is a chart of hands including astrological symbols. The text looks to be Hebrew and another language. Painting is by Francois Xavier Pascal Fabre. The chart is said to be by Victor Alfieri.

This book also contains some quality graphics of Jean-Baptiste Belot.

This book and the one I mentioned previously, I really appreciate for their collection of art with hands and ancient documents.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:50 pm

Hi Patti,

Thanks for pointing out these interesting examples. Thumbs up!

PS. Regarding the last painting: the painter is Francois Xavier Pascal Fabre (1766 - 1837), see: http://wwar.com/masters/f/fabre-francois-xavier.html .
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Manfred Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:09 pm

Hy Patty,

thank you for pointing to Gardini's book. It' really a nice collection.

Regards
Manfred

Manfred

http://www.handlesen.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi Manfred and Martijn,

You're welcome!

Here is a close up I just scanned from the painting. On closer look I see the Hebrew is probably the verse from Job 37:7 "He sealeth up every man's hand, so he many know his work."

The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 11-12-10
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:38 pm

You are right Patti.
:=D>:
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:58 pm

zaobhand wrote:You are right Patti.
applause

Hi Boaz!

happy yel
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Manfred Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:37 am

Thank you again, Patty, for poiting on this. I have the book of Gardini. As we see, the French (Belot and Desbarolles) used a combination of the cabbala and chiromancy. Also interesting their mention of the angels or genius'.

Manfred

Manfred

Back to top Go down

The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Empty OLd Chiromancy books

Post  Manfred Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:30 am

Dear friends,

today I found a link to get old Renaissance books on CD. The Rothmann Astro-Chiromancy book is translated from German, Saunders translated Belot.

Specially this pack is interested:

"The Palmistry and Chiromancy Special Collection on CD contains six original, rare Renaissance sources with over 1700 pages on palmistry and chiromancy:

* Chambre, Principles of Chiromancy
* Indagine, Book of Palmestry
* Rothmann, Keiromantia
* Saunders, Palmistry
* Saunders, Physiognomie
* JS True Fortune Teller

And four modern academic articles on palmistry and chiromancy:

* Burnett Earliest Chiromancy in the West
* Pack Aristotle's Chiromantic Principle
* Rapisarda Capellanus & Medieval Chiromancy
* Thorndike Chiromancy in Medieval Manuscripts

Perhaps you interested.

>> Dear Boas, I recommend please look for Johannes Rothmann I've mentioned in the past.

The link - look lower down:

http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/cdlibrary.html

Regards
Manfred

Manfred

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:02 pm

Dear Manfred,

Thank you for the link. Looks very interesting!

Boaz
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Manfred Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Dear Boas,

if you order and study Rothmann - the oldest European Astro-Chirology book with 18 cases of study, comparing hands and horoscopes - you have to mention two things:

1. He used Regiomonatus houses and in general classical European astrology.
2. In 1582 AD there was a calendar reform. Therefore he uses
- for some the old Julian calender and
- for others the new Gregorian calender!!
The difference between them is 10 days.

That's quite confusing if you make new birth charts for it. I've mentioned it, when I calculated them new with Regiomonatus houses and Placidus houses, which I usually use.

Regards
Manfred

Last edited by Manfred on Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Manfred

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:30 pm

Thank you Manfred,

Very useful to know.

Boaz
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Upendrasingh Bhadoriya Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:34 am

Respected & Dear Manfredji,
Namaste
As far mounts of hand are concern we have discussed many things in PI forum but as far astrological connection with palmistry is there I am sure it is very old in Indian palmistry in a different way. In Indian palmistry we are establishing not only 12 signs but also 28 constellations and we use them in daily practice also like to say in Horary palmistry or Mudane Palmistry or Medical Palmistry. Even we put Planets in other form for example we fixed planet Mars on index, Jupiter on middle, Venus on ring and Saturn on little fingers. Sun, Moon and Mercury are put on the Thumb.
I have given Horary palmistry in my second book “Upyogi Hastrekhashastra” (Gujarati Edition)

The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 D:\Palm from manuscriptThe Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Palm_f18The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 11The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 2The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 2The Ancient sources and origin of astro-palmistry!  - Page 2 Hand_t10
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya

http:// http://www.vedicastrostar.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Manfred Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Dear Upendrasingh,

thank you for your answer, who is very interesting. I think, the assignemnt of a specific planet for a specific finger is may be only a simplified system. - Even more if using an Element for a finger.

I think that we have to extend our sights if we go deeper into interpretations and if we take into conseration the aspects, houses and other important influences that colours the pure planet archetypical qualities. I think this is even much more important if we use the Zodiac.
Here we are shurely still in the beginning of our research and experiences in the West.

Is there any translation of your book or of any ancient, old or new Indian astro-palmistry book, that you may recommend?

Thank you for the picture. - I wish I could read the letters and understand the meaning of the signs there.

With best wishes
Manfred

Manfred

Back to top Go down

Post  sv-b Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:22 pm

Hello upendraji, Smile

wow, you have done great job. I'm so much intrigued with pictorial signs on palm. Thanks for posting them. if you open new topic regarding pictorial signs on palm, it will be still more great greater. I'm expecting lot.

p.s: where is bhandrariji? did he know about this website? Hope, you will suggest him about this website. From orissa, we had another expert as well. I still remember the flag sign on bhandraji's saturn mount which makes him to be genius in religious activities and occult sciences.

sv-b

Back to top Go down

Post  Upendrasingh Bhadoriya Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:26 pm

Respected Manfredji
Thank you for your prompt reply. I have not found these literature in described form even in Indian language other than Sanskrit hence I want to put all these material in front of palmistry world because it very useful as it proven in my practice and I know it should be disclosed to all.
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya

Back to top Go down

Post  Manfred Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:36 pm

Dear Upendrasingh,

thank you for that. I'm very interested in it because there is so much to discover about astropalmistry.

With best wishes
Manfred

ps.: I you are intereste in I could make a translation of one case of study of J. Rothmann's book (around 1590 AD) inclosing the old hand drawn picture, old horoscope and my new calculations...though it would take a little time.

Manfred

Back to top Go down

Post  Upendrasingh Bhadoriya Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:42 pm

Dear Stalin
As per my belief we have lost the key of pictorial signs of palm because we can not found them as shown in the picture. I think there must be some link between lines and signs (for say such type line/lines means elephant and such type of line/lines means lotus etc. ) I quest for this most valuable key of Indian palmistry if it possible for you to do some needful. This is my motto hence every time I say to you don’t waste your valuable time because we have to do too much work for our palmistry, culture and country.
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya

Back to top Go down

Post  sv-b Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:30 pm

Hello Upendarji, wave

I am not worrying for your hopeless situation. Last century indian palmistry books on pictorial signs give so much hope to me. It is all depend on observation. Let we hope for and discuss about them instead of being idle.

Hope, I have plans to open new topic Regarding pictorial signs. I know how to open the door with the key which you're searching for. As i find difficulty in getting scanner, i am facing problem to present some pictures ( I am presently living in other state)

Thumbs up!

sv-b

Back to top Go down

Post  Upendrasingh Bhadoriya Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:19 pm

Dear Stalin
One should not be worried about my hopeless condition, I have never felt helpless or hopeless because once upon a time in 2003, when I was in frustration due to some astrological problem, my guru who is a world renowned astrologer named Shree U.K. Jha told me ‘Bhadoriya’ you have not intentionally came in this field but almighty has sent to you to do some thing so do not feel loneliness or disappointed. Almighty will show the way on which he wants to send you. Since then I feel free and performing my job effortlessly.
For next topic Best of luck. May god give you the most wanted key of pictorial sign of palmistry.
http://issuu.com/saptarishisastrology1/docs/43-gangadharrasi
http://www.flipkart.com/utopia-anarchy-stars-jha-book-8179480186
http://www.vedicbooks.net/yoga-pushpanjali-p-11348.html
#
www.saptarishisastrology.com/filedownload.php?v=8&a=y&b=n...
#
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya

Back to top Go down

Post  Vijay Goel Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:00 am

Dear Members,

'Samudrik sastra' includes detail description of all physical indication on the body.
Most of the literature on Palmistry, astrology, molescopy,face reading, etc are found in pieces in Puranas, like Skanda purana, Bhavishya Purana, etc . All types of futurology come as a single large subject in our scriptures and all are interconnected to each other.
I have seen various sanskrit verses showing connection between planets and molescopy, planets and palm, planets and face reading, etc.

Lal-kitab which is written by SH. Roop Chand Joshi, from 1939 to 1952, is a good book on it. It is said that this book depicts the very old oral tradition of pandits.

Thankyou,
Best Wishes,
Vijay Goel
Jaipur

Vijay Goel
Vijay Goel

http://www.VijayGoel.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Upendrasingh Bhadoriya Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:11 pm

Dear Vijay
Namste and You are welcome in this forum

Lal-kitab which is written by SH. Roop Chand Joshi, from 1939 to 1952, is a good book on it. It is said that this book depicts the very old oral tradition of pandits.

My simple and only one question regarding Lalkitab. Have you find similar astrology or pamistry or astropalmistry any where than Lalkitab?
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya
Upendrasingh Bhadoriya

Back to top Go down

Post  Vijay Goel Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:23 am

Dear Bhadoriya ji,

Hare Rama Krsna,

I think Samudrik Sastra published by Vyas Prakashan, Varanasi and 'Haath ka Angutha' by Sh late Bhoj raj dwivedi are the few book which tells some link between astrology and palmistry.

I think Keralite authors where this is used widely in Nadis are still kept secret.

Thankyou
Regards,
Vijay Goel
Vijay Goel
Vijay Goel

http://www.VijayGoel.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next