Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» I am a doctor: will I have marriage and children?
WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:36 pm by melodystarly523405

» Teacher square on my Jupiter mount
WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:56 pm by vijayghrpd91

» Handreading International Conference 2024
WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2024 12:17 am by Lynn

» Can anyone read it for me?
WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2024 7:59 am by amit_plawat

» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Square on Marriage line
WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 145 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 145 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47502 messages in 4941 subjects
Top posting users this month
melodystarly523405
WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Voting17WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Voting19WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS

2 posters

Go down

WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Empty WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS

Post  pravin kumar Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:24 am

Why Accepting Change Is Vital to Your Professional Success by Connie Podesta
Like it or not, change is an integral part of today’s business climate. Those employees who embrace and initiate change will thrive, while those who complain and fear change may be headed for the unemployment line.

Employers feel strongly about the need to have employees who are successful change agents for their team and their organization as a whole. What exactly is a “change agent”? An agent is someone who represents the interests of another person or organization, and his or her job is to take care of business and make sure everything goes smoothly. Thus, a change agent helps take care of an employer’s business by facilitating change.

Are you a change agent for your organization? Can others count on you to make sure things go smoothly? Do you continue to take care of business in the midst of change?

Although some employees have been conditioned to fear change, we must not lose sight of the fact that change is normal, and most of us will experience unpredictable changes in both our personal and professional lives. In the workplace, changes can occur as a result of new thinking, advances in technology, innovation and progress, knowledge and communication, as well as mergers, takeovers, layoffs, and downsizing. These organizational changes can directly affect our professional lives as well as our personal lives. They may also lead to feelings of sadness, frustration, grief, and anger, especially when jobs are lost, or worse, when an entire organization ceases to exist. So let’s discuss how we can make this normal life experience—change—as positive and beneficial as possible.

What’s Wrong with Change?
Employers want commitment to change when it’s necessary. Knowing that, then, why are so many people resistant to it? The number one reason is fear, although very few people are willing to admit it. None of us want to acknowledge that we doubt our ability to integrate new ideas, use new technology, or adapt to new organizations. We don’t even want to think about what’s ahead: new management, new ways of doing things, new terminology, new titles, and new job description. Fear can have several components:

1.Fear of the unknown: What will happen to my organization, my job, my life, as I know it now? How secure is my future?

2.Fear of not being in control: What should I do? Should I just wait around while they make decisions that could seriously affect my life?

3.Fear of being inadequate: I know how to do this job now, but will I be able to do it as well as they expect me to when everything has changed? And if I can’t, what happens then?

4.Fear of moving outside your personal comfort zone: I’ve been doing my job this way for years, and I’m very good at it. Why do we have to change what has worked so well for so long?

No matter which category your fear falls in, one thing is for sure. The more we fight and resist the change, the more painful and frightening the changes will be. Resisting doesn’t keep a new idea from taking hold; it simply makes the process longer and more painful. Change will happen no matter what. We will handle it better when we learn to move with the change—not against it. Plus, this is definitely not the time to drag your feet because managers are not inclined to take employees by the hand and lead them through the change process.

Communication Is Key
There is no doubt that employees often view change from a different perspective than their supervisors. Many employees believe that management doesn’t understand their side of the story, and managers often feel it is the employees who don’t understand why the change is necessary. This is why communication is so vital during any change circumstance.

It’s been said that lack of communication is the number one reason why personal relationships can develop problems, and the same holds true for relationships between employers and employees. Change will require open communication on both sides. Unfortunately, fear has the power to freeze employees in their tracks and prevent them from expressing their ideas and opinions.

When faced with change we must always ask ourselves this important question: Does my resistance to change have anything to do with my own fears? That’s a tough question and one that’s not easy to answer honestly. It’s natural to fear the unknown and lack of control. We know that we won’t be quite as proficient at our tasks while we’re in the process of learning to do things a new way. We know we will have to work a lot harder. Are we willing to let go of the present to embrace the future? We may not know what the future will bring, but we are responsible for what we bring to the future.

The Positive Side of Change
If you routinely describe your current job as boring, mundane, or menial, then perhaps a change is good for you. One of the most positive aspects of change is that it is never boring. On the contrary, it can create passion. And passion—and the excitement, creativity, and energy that accompany it—is the spark that keeps us going.

Passion could be called the charge for our life’s batteries. Without that charge, it’s hard to get our engines revved up. That igniting charge is sparked by the challenge of change—learning new things, meeting new people, growing as professionals, and taking risks that push us to reach our potential. None of that can happen unless and until we are willing to experience the fear that inevitably arises when we move out of our comfort zones. No risk, no fear; no fear, no passion; no passion, no fun.

If we want passion back in our lives, we must be willing to meet the challenge of change. What might that mean for you? Perhaps it might involve going back to school, learning how to work with a computer, working with a team, taking on new responsibilities, or redefining a career path. If you want to remain employable, you may have to change more than just your attitude and your reaction to change. You may have to change some of your ideas and goals to create a better future for yourself.

Embrace Upcoming Changes
Many people are content to live their lives by playing it safe. If fear, pain, and hard work are prerequisites of change, it’s easier to understand why some people are so dedicated to resisting it. They might be good at giving all the best-sounding reasons why this particular change is not right for the department, the organization, the team, or the customer. However, their underlying concern may be their fear about how the change will affect them, their job, their lives.

If you’ve been reacting negatively to change, it’s important to modify your attitude and your behavior before it’s too late. Think about what you really want. Comfort at all costs? The status quo? The good old days? If those are the aspects you desire—if that’s what you’re waiting for—then you will probably soon be out of a job. If, instead, you want challenge and welcome change, you will always be employable.

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Empty POTENTIAL

Post  pravin kumar Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:27 am

POTENTIAL

"The potential of the average person is like a huge ocean unsailed, a new continent unexplored, a world of possibilities waiting to be released and channeled toward some great good." -- Brian Tracy

"A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." -- William Shedd

"Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations." -- George Bernard Shaw

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar." -- Helen Keller

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is like tying to open a safe with a combination lock: Each little adjustment of the dials seems to achieve nothing, only when everything is in place does the door open.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

To make the most of dull hours, to make the best of dull people, to like a poor jest better than none. To wear a threadbare coat like a gentleman; to be outvoted with a smile, to hitch your wagon to the old horse if no star is handy--that is wholesome philosophy.

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Empty LIFE WOULD BE EASY IF IT WEREN'T FOR DIFFICULT PEOPLE

Post  pravin kumar Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:29 am

Life Would Be Easy if It Weren’t for Difficult People by Connie Podesta

Go on, it’s okay. Admit it! We all know that life would be a whole lot easier if we didn’t have to deal with those few (or many) difficult people we just can’t seem to avoid. I think you know who I’m talking about.

What’s not okay is to give up something you need, want or deserve because of their rude, obnoxious, sullen, and apathetic habits. Yes, I do mean “habits.” If you’re tired of playing their game, take charge of your life by taking a good look at yourself! You cannot change them, but you can change what you do and how you act around them—and ultimately how they affect your life.

The Good News... and the Bad News
Difficult people have been trained and taught to act the way they do since they were children. In fact, they have been rewarded for their negative behavior throughout their entire lives. Difficult behavior worked for them as children—and, more important, it continues to work for them as adults.

I believe that most of us are born with the capacity and desire to love and be loved. As we grow, we learn to respond to verbal and visual cues and we begin to adjust our behavior to obtain the positive responses we want. Children who can manipulate their parents soon learn to enjoy feelings of power and control over others.

The game of life is basically about “getting our needs met.” And you certainly do play a part! We reward difficult people by giving in to their needs. Think about it. If someone’s behavior is consistently inappropriate or unacceptable toward you, ask yourself if in any way you are rewarding their negative behavior.

For example, Helen gets upset every time Harry mentions that he wants to play golf. Rather than face a two-hour lecture, he usually finds it easier to just stay home. One day, however, he gets angry and accuses her of being a nag who never understands him. Instead of answering back, Helen gets her feelings hurt, stomps off and gives him the silent treatment. Harry takes advantage of her “cold shoulder” and plays a few holes of golf!

Jennifer wins the same “reward” at her new school. Few of the kids would talk to her and some were even making fun of her. She asked to stay in during recess, but the teacher said no. Eventually she gets into a fight and pushes another girl down. The teacher tells Jennifer that fighting is against the rules and she will have to stay inside. What did Jennifer learn? Ask the teacher respectfully and you will not get what you want. Push someone and you can avoid recess!

We have three choices each time we respond to another person: 1. Be positive; 2. Be negative; and 3. Avoid or ignore them. Difficult people see avoidance as a positive response. When we ignore unacceptable, inappropriate behavior, it will usually happen again because our avoidance tells the difficult person that we are willing to accept their behavior.

What do they really want?
Difficult people want to do their own thing, in their own time, in their own way, without interference. In addition, they expect everyone around them to cooperate—even work extra hard—to ensure that this happens. And they do not see anything unreasonable about these expectations. There is little in their experience to signal them that their actions are inappropriate. They also have little (if any) desire or motivation to change their habits.

What can I do about it?
We learn a lot from difficult people. We tolerate their behavior and attitudes as “part of life.” We hold back our feelings and swallow our words. We make concessions even when we do not receive anything in return. We compromise even when it is 90/10 instead of 50/50. We may even question our own ability to relate and communicate with others, reasoning that “Maybe it’s me.”

Since we cannot change difficult people, we can only change ourselves and our reactions to their behavior. They need our cooperation and our permission to intimidate, control and repeatedly manipulate us to get their way. In most relationships, we are treated exactly the way we allow ourselves to be treated.

The good news is that because we are partly responsible there is something we can do to create and maintain relationships where we are treated respectfully. That’s great news! By focusing on ourselves and the changes we can make in our own behaviors and reactions, we can begin to take control of how other people treat us—today!

Take Action!
Think about two difficult people in your life. Identify the behaviors of these difficult people. Ask yourself if you could possibly be rewarding these difficult people.

Would they describe you as the difficult person? If so, what would they say?

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Empty SUCCESS IS NOT PERMANENT, FAILURE IS NOT FINAL

Post  pravin kumar Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:30 am

"Success is not Permanent and Failure is not Final".

Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind, & the ones that mind, don't matter.

It is not only interestijng but great and thought-provoking too !!

Don't miss................honesty always pays !!

Very Interesting!
A successful business man was growing old and knew it was time to choose a successor to take over the business.
Instead of choosing one of his Directors or his children, he decided to do something different. He called all the young executives in his company together.
He said, "It is time for me to step down and choose the next CEO. I have decided to choose one of you. "The young executives were Shocked, but the boss continued. "I am going to give each one of you a SEED today - one very special SEED. I want you to plant the seed, water it, and come back here one year from today with what you have grown from the seed I have just given you. I will then judge the plants that you bring, and the one I choose will be the next CEO."
One man, named Jim, was there that day and he, like the others, received a seed. He went home and excitedly, told his wife the story. She helped him get a pot, soil and compost and he planted the seed. Everyday, he would water it and watch to see if it had grown. After about three weeks, some of the other executives began to talk about their seeds and the plants that were beginning to grow.
Jim kept checking his seed, but nothing ever grew.
Three weeks, four weeks, five weeks went by, still nothing.
By now, others were talking about their plants, but Jim still didn't have anything growing and he felt like a failure.
Six months went by -- still nothing in Jim's pot. He just knew he had killed his seed. Everyone else had trees and tall plants, but he had nothing. Jim didn't say anything to his colleagues, however, he just kept watering and fertilizing the soil - He so wanted the seed to grow.
A year finally went by and all the young executives of the company brought their plants to the CEO for inspection.
Jim told his wife that he wasn't going to take an empty pot. But she asked him to be honest about what happened. Jim felt sick to his stomach. It was going to be the most embarrassing moment of his life, but he knew his wife was right. He took his empty pot to the board room. When Jim arrived, he was amazed at the variety of plants grown by the other executives. They were beautiful -- in all shapes and sizes. Jim put his empty pot on the floor and many of his colleagues laughed, but a few felt sorry for him!
When the CEO arrived, he surveyed the room and greeted his young executives.
Jim just tried to hide in the back. "My, what great plants, trees and flowers you have grown," said the CEO. "Today one of you will be appointed the next CEO!"
All of a sudden, the CEO spotted Jim at the back of the room with his empty pot. He ordered the Financial Director to bring him to the front. Jim was terrified. He thought, "The CEO knows I'm a failure! Maybe he will have me fired!"
When Jim got to the front, the CEO asked him what had happened to his seed - Jim told him the story.
The CEO asked everyone to sit down except Jim. He looked at Jim, and then announced to the young executives, "Behold your next Chief Executive Officer!
His name is Jim!" Jim couldn't believe it. He couldn't even grow his seed?
"How could he be the new CEO?" the others said.
Then the CEO said, "One year ago today, I gave everyone in this room a seed. I told you to take the seed, plant it, water it and bring it back to me today. But I gave you all boiled seeds; they were dead - it was not possible for them to grow.
All of you, except Jim, have brought me trees and plants and flowers. When you found that the seed would not grow, you substituted another seed for the one I gave you. Jim was the only one with the courage and honesty to bring me a pot with my seed in it. Therefore, he is the one who will be the new Chief Executive Officer!"
* If you plant honesty, you will reap trust
* If you plant goodness, you will reap friends
* If you plant humility, you will reap greatness
* If you plant perseverance, you will reap contentment
* If you plant consideration, you will reap perspective
* If you plant hard work, you will reap success
* If you plant forgiveness, you will reap reconciliation
So, be careful what you plant now; it will determine what you will reap later.
Think about this for a minute....
If I happened to show up on your door step crying, would you care?
If I called you and asked you to pick me up because something happened, would you come?
If I had one day left to live my life, would you be part of that last day?
If I needed a shoulder to cry on, would you give me yours?
This is a test to see who your real friends are or if you are just someone to talk to you when they are bored.
Do you know what the relationship is between your two eyes?
They blink together,
they move together,
they cry together,
they see things together,
and they sleep together,
but they never see each other;
....that's what friendship is..
Your aspiration is your motivation,
Your motivation is your belief,
your belief is your peace,
your peace is your target,
It's 'World Best Friends Week'
Who is your best friend?
Send this to all your good friends, even me, if I am one of them.
See how many you get back.
If you get more than 3 then you really are a lovable person...
Save the Earth.... it's the only planet with chocolate!!!!

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Empty Re: WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS

Post  mooky Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:21 am

Pravin,

Excellent article. But, I feel that the article is a little one-sided.

My question is, which 'change' should we not fear?

In my case, the company I worked for was purchased/taken over by a new company. The new owner came in and told us all the great things they would do for our product and company. Many other people feared the change and left the company. And, within six months 95% of the original employees either left or were fired. And, still I did not fear the change. And I adapted, and changed, and was an agent for their changes. Sadly, all they cared about was making money by cutting costs as much as possible and feeding off the existing client base. Within a year they had already reached break-even on their purchase. And I stayed for another two years. So, they made a lot of money but ruined the company and let me go when the big debt crisis hit.

And I still did not fear the change. And after two years of not working, I still do not fear it and have no regrets. I learned a lot of new things during that time and now the entire world is potentially open to me. I have decided that my old 'professional career' is not that important. Been there, done that as they say.

Having said all that, I still do not have a new career. Smile Perhaps I should have left like everyone else when the new owners came in. Maybe that is what I feared the most. I feel that it isn't. I know that I needed this change, whatever it ends up being.

I know the author did point out that perhaps the coming change is not for everyone if they are bored or tired of the job they are in. But, as I have tried to point out, the change you fear might in fact be the change that you should fear.

A good book on the subject is "On Fear" by Jiddu Krishnamurti.

Edit - Actually, the book I was thinking of is called "Freedom From The Known" by J. Krishnamurti.

Last edited by mooky on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To reference the better book on change)

mooky

Back to top Go down

WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS Empty Re: WHY ACCEPTING CHANGE IS VITAL TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down