Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
How to be Lucky Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
How to be Lucky Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
How to be Lucky Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
How to be Lucky Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
How to be Lucky Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
How to be Lucky Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
How to be Lucky Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
How to be Lucky Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
How to be Lucky Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
How to be Lucky Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
How to be Lucky Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
How to be Lucky Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
How to be Lucky Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
How to be Lucky Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
How to be Lucky Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 51 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 51 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lifera
How to be Lucky Voting17How to be Lucky Voting19How to be Lucky Voting18 
puneet
How to be Lucky Voting17How to be Lucky Voting19How to be Lucky Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

How to be Lucky

+4
mooky
Parender
atul.guglani
waqar.an
8 posters

Go down

How to be Lucky Empty How to be Lucky

Post  waqar.an Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:27 pm

We are living a very fragile life if you look at the size of universe we are living in. There are billions of stars like our Sun in our galaxy milky way alone and there are billions of galaxies in this universe and who know how many universes are out there.scratch

In day to day life we come across people having successful life and having all the things they want. On the other hand a large number of people are living in misery. Things are not equally distributed. Even in the universe energy is concentrated in stars and on the other hand there is enormous vastness and cold.

In this very uncertain living situation one thing is clear. There are life circumstances and there are our reactions to it or personal skills. People with life skills are called successful. People having right circumstances in their life are called lucky.

Lots and lots of people know how to be successful and I have mentioned using NLP in another thread to be successful. But how to be lucky. Almost all religion and philosophies tried to solve this mystery. One thing is common among all is visualization. Werther it is in the form of pray, meditation, hypnosis, imagination, reading and so on. All forms involve visualization where you visualize the things or people you want to have in your life and believe it.

Key point is visualization. So visualize wisely what ever you want to have in your life and it will come in your way sooner or later.

Even if you do not do it consciously, your unconscious mind is always running visualizations, often fearfully expecting what is going to happen next. This law is called law of attraction. I do not promise all your wished coming true as universe is very big and our visualization machines is comparatively small and there are n number of factors involve in every happening but it definitely effect life situations and circumstances. Thumbs up!

waqar.an

http://www.yourpalmist.com

Back to top Go down

How to be Lucky Empty Re: How to be Lucky

Post  atul.guglani Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:01 am

Hi Waqar

How to be lucky is a million dollar question. Whenever I had to sign a big contract, I would only count on my stars , everything else being the same in a competitive environment.

I don't know, how many of you watch the BBC program " The Apprentice " wherein Sir Allen goes for the selection of his apprentice using various elimination methods.

If you have seen that , the final episode was between " Kate" and " Yasmin" . Kate did well right from the first episode to the last episode and was head and shoulders ahead of "Yasmin" Even in the final round, she was a run away success.

But, what happens, finally, the job goes to " Yasmin" and not the well deserving " Kate" The reasons , because Sir Allen says, my instinct tells me to take " Yasmin" Now this is where is the Irony of Fate works. A well deserved candidate gets marginalized and the fate compliant person gets away with the job. Though at the end, Sir Allen will realize that he made a mistake, because a Fate Accelerated person brings very high value to the organization. In this case " kate " was the right choice.

Routinely in my life, I see, how fate cheats on people or how fate accelerates people to where they stand in life. I have come across hundreds of CEO and MD and Plant Managers, who were not fit enough to be even supervisors, but were in the position on account of their fate. The last case I saw was about a CEO, who openly looted the company, walked away with 2 million dollar and has now become CEO of another company. Fate , what else.

Long subject, I will write more on it later.

Last edited by atul.guglani on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition of comments)
atul.guglani
atul.guglani

Back to top Go down

Post  waqar.an Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:59 am

atul.guglani wrote:But, what happens, finally, the job goes to " Yasmin" and not the well deserving " Kate" The reasons , because Sir Allen says, my instinct tells me to take " Yasmin" Now this is where is the Irony of Fate works. A well deserved candidate gets marginalized and the fate compliant person gets away with the job. Though at the end, Sir Allen will realize that he made a mistake, because a Fate Accelerated person brings very high value to the organization. In this case " kate " was the right choice.
hi Atul;

Sir Allen made the right choice. An organization start from the chairman or CEO. A highly ambitious person is often seen as threat to his/her own position by the person hiring...Very Happy. That's why they hire the person they like and who has some room to learn from them and be obedient and dependant upon them for at least some time. Sir Allen was taking action based on his instincts. Instincts sole purpose is to protect and every living thing depend upon it for survival.

atul.guglani wrote:Routinely in my life, I see, how fate cheats on people or how fate accelerates people to where they stand in life. I have come across hundreds of CEO and MD and Plant Managers, who were not fit enough to be even supervisors, but were in the position on account of their fate. The last case I saw was about a CEO, who openly looted the company, walked away with 2 million dollar and has now become CEO of another company. Fate , what else..
Most helping trait in any hiring is likability factor. People tend to make their groups in an organization and they select people fit for this need. so talent become secondary for jobs most of the time. Talented and ambitious people ended up starting their own organization.

Also people do all this for having limited mindset and short life span and try to keep all the resources with them self by hook or by crook. If only they realize that we have unlimited resource only needed to be taped, world would be better place to live. Amassing power make them more fearful and unhappy and unlikeable over time and eventually are doomed to be destroyed by this vicious cycle started by them.

Charles Darwin made a striking discovery that living things not fit are doom to be vanished. People often wrongly perceive that fit means intelligent. Fit mean what is fit in a place or society. Only the people liked by others are fit in a society. Mothers in home are not much intelligent but they are liked and fit so people care about them. It do not matter how intelligent a person is, if he/she is is not loving or be loved they should start counting their days. flower

waqar.an

Back to top Go down

Post  Parender Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:26 am

The ‘Lucky’ person has ‘worked’ wisely and faithfully and ‘unlucky’ remained idle, not so hard worker and remained just daydreamers. The difference between the two was industry. Sometimes luck consists in having the foresight to seize the opportunities. To be Lucky you would have to work hard because there is no substitute for hard work.

We can regard ‘luck’ as a term implying with certainly some directional purpose, but, this is much related to ‘chances’ over which we have little or no control. And ‘destiny’ is linked with “fixed directional trend”. Once keeping aside the traditional ‘fellowship’, association or meaning of ‘fate’ and ‘destiny’; we can accept it as a “final result”. The finality must be measured in personal terms that are relative to the framework the “final result” We must accept and believe the fact whether we like it or not, that our personal’ destiny’ is the ultimate crystallization of ourselves. In fact our destiny lies within ourselves. We make our fortune and call it a ‘fate’ or ‘destiny’ or 'Luck'.

We must have some definite aim in our life; then we have to put great personal efforts with total concentration and with our full fortitude and energy to accomplish it, only then we will be able to produce ‘final Result” in our favor whether we use the Power of Attraction of visualization much or less.

We need good brain to guide us, good health to support us and good environment to help us in deciding how to react or how we take the things. It is a universal truth that environment is greater than man which definitely influences so and us our destiny.

It will be wise and justifiable to make person know and believe that he or she must accept the fact that there lies his or her share and responsibility for the shaping of his or her destiny.

When you are 'Lucky' you have power.'Power' is adorned and there are four stages to be powerful. These are work, work, work and work as the first stage is inclination, then interest, then efficiency and then power comes automatically and you become Lucky.

Parender Sethi
Parender
Parender

http://www.enjoylifefoodart.com

Back to top Go down

How to be Lucky Empty re: Luck

Post  mooky Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:26 pm

You create your own luck.

Luck is preparedness meeting opportunity.

Dare to dream and make a plan. Just make a plan, however simple it may be. And then you will SEE opportunities and others will call it luck.

From the book "As A Man Thinketh" by James Allen in 1895....

You will be what you will to be.
Let failure find its false content
In that poor word “environment,”
But spirit scorns it, and is free.

It masters time, it conquers space,
It cows that boastful trickster, Chance,
And bids the tyrant Circumstance
Uncrown, and take a servant's place.

The human will, that force unseen,
The offspring of a deathless soul,
Can hew a way to any goal,
Though walls of granite intervene.

Be not impatient in delay,
But wait as one who understands;
When spirit rises and commands,
The gods are ready to obey.

Recommended reading: "The Greatest Secret Of All" by Marc Allen

(so many Allens.... that's 3 so far in this thread) Smile

mooky

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:46 am

so many Allens.... that's 3 so far in this thread
except Sir Allen is spelt Sir Alan, but I get your point! ;-) (I am a fan of 'The Apprentice' ;-))

Some great posts here, thanks folks, a lot to think about!
Some of this thread also fits with the thread about "fate, genetics & free will"
https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t966-fate-genetics-and-free-will-environment#10276
eg James Allen's poem (thanks mooky, I like it)

I've always had difficulty understanding the term 'luck'. eg I am Sagittarian sun sign, supposed to be "the luckiest sign of the zodiac". what does that mean exactly?
Sometimes I think "you are lucky" is something that other people project onto you.
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

How to be Lucky Empty re: luck

Post  mooky Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:05 am

Lynn wrote: except Sir Allen is spelt Sir Alan, but I get your point!
Well... it wasn't my spelling to begin with. There is no way I am going to check everyone else's spelling. Especially on this forum. Although I am squirming because for me spelt is misspelled. We spell spelt as spelled. <|:}~

mooky

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwihands Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:21 am

[quote="Lynn"]
Sometimes I think "you are lucky" is something that other people project onto you.

Lynn, I agree with you 100%! When I was a toddler I used to be very good at finding 4-leaf clovers, which started my parents on this thing where they kept telling me I was lucky. This stuck and became one of the things they always said throughout my childhood and teenage years. And what do you know, I AM lucky!

happy move

I've done some outrageously stupid things in my time, but have never come to any harm, as well as having had lots of "lucky breaks". I thank my parents for sowing the seed for that - it was the single most important thing anyone has ever said to me! Even though I know now that it's all about my subconscious belief and their projections, it still works like magic.

Oh, and I'm a Sagitarius too... Smile

kiwihands

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:35 am

mooky wrote:We spell spelt as spelled. <|:}~

Say that five times real fast! hahaha
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:39 am

[quote="kiwihands"]
Lynn wrote:

Lynn, I agree with you 100%! When I was a toddler I used to be very good at finding 4-leaf clovers, which started my parents on this thing where they kept telling me I was lucky. This stuck and became one of the things they always said throughout my childhood and teenage years. And what do you know, I AM lucky!

happy move

I've done some outrageously stupid things in my time, but have never come to any harm, as well as having had lots of "lucky breaks". I thank my parents for sowing the seed for that - it was the single most important thing anyone has ever said to me! Even though I know now that it's all about my subconscious belief and their projections, it still works like magic.

Oh, and I'm a Sagitarius too... Smile

I find four leaf clovers all the time and have for many, many years (five and more leaves too). Now where I live I have white clover growing in my front yard and several patches where continuously four leaf clovers grow! I have been filling my books with them before I mow the lawn.

How wonderful your parents gave you that magical belief.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  waqar.an Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:45 am

Lynn wrote:Sometimes I think "you are lucky" is something that other people project onto you.

hi Lynn;

Prays or wishes mechanism is still a mystery to me. So far i think other can't influence us unless and until we do allow them. It goes like this:
As we do good to someone they them self go in a good state and say "thank you". we sense that sift of others state and follow them into the good state. over the time that good states build up and keep us in good state of mind and facilitate in good visualizations.

The mystery part is that wishes are given to others as if these are some material things. Regardless of differences of believes, religions or races, wishes or prays are seen as having some value because the one who can't return you in money after giving good wishes feels that he/she has done justice and the transaction is complete. scratch

waqar.an

Back to top Go down

Post  waqar.an Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:17 am

kiwihands wrote:Lynn, I agree with you 100%! When I was a toddler I used to be very good at finding 4-leaf clovers, which started my parents on this thing where they kept telling me I was lucky. This stuck and became one of the things they always said throughout my childhood and teenage years. And what do you know, I AM lucky!
Thumb up
This is the best thing parents can do to their children. Children are always in a hypnotic learning state and everything sticks. Parents has privilege to install as much as effective and good believes they like or know because once the logical conscious mind is activated it take a whole lot of knowledge and experience to build effective believes by grownups them-self.

Otherwise now you can do self hypnosis or consult hypnotist which is simply a way bypassing conscious mind and installing effective believes directly to your unconscious. Thumbs up!

waqar.an

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:50 pm

waqar.an wrote:
Lynn wrote:Sometimes I think "you are lucky" is something that other people project onto you.

hi Lynn;

Prays or wishes mechanism is still a mystery to me. So far i think other can't influence us unless and until we do allow them..........

I understand what you are saying in your post waqar and I agree.
I'm sorry waqar (& kiwi), I didn't phrase it well. I didn't mean that others influence us into being lucky. I meant that other people sometimes say "you are lucky" when they have no idea what went on behind the scenes! I guess 'luck' is a concept I've always struggled with. How much is 'good luck' or 'bad luck' and how much is due to our own judgement/outlook /actions? (tho some people do seem to have more than their 'fair share' of bad luck!)

kiwi, Sagittarius is also the most optimistic sign of the zodiac. Is that what also makes us the 'luckiest' sign? I know that's a great generalisation, but it works for me! :-)
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:00 am

Patti wrote:

(after saying "she sells sea shells on the sea shore") lol!

sorry I spelled spelt wrong mooky, thank you for spelling it out to me, I am now under your spell. How to be Lucky 1
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwihands Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:22 am

Lynn wrote:
Patti wrote:

(after saying "she sells sea shells on the sea shore") lol!

sorry I spelled spelt wrong mooky, thank you for spelling it out to me, I am now under your spell. How to be Lucky 1

Hehehe! Great! rolling on the floor

And, Lynn, you didn't spell spelt wrong - perfectly correct in the UK, NZ, and all other countries that use BE spelling conventions! (My English teacher was very keen on repeating the differences between BE and AE ... ad nauseam.)

Thanks for clearing up what you meant - I agree with that, too, though sometimes "what went on behind the scenes" (for me at least) is just very very patient waiting for the right opportunity where other people would settle for less because they cannot believe something better will come their way. This ties in with your theory on optimism! Definitely true for me: my friends always comment on how lucky I am to live in a cheap rental right at the beach (in a city of 1.5m people very hard to come by) - but what they don't know is that I was looking actively for nearly six months, and only found the place 1 week before I had to be out of the old one. Haha, even my optimism nearly cracked on that one.

'Luck' is a concept I've thought about a lot, too. I think about 80% is due to our own judgement/ outlook /actions, but there is certainly a bit of magic involved ... Smile

kiwihands

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:38 am

kiwi Thumbs up! Smile
Glad to hear confirmation that us Saggitarians I don't take our luck for granted, but are willing to put in the work & optimism! (edit PS, I'm not sure it's about patience (?) Saggi's are not known for being patient! Maybe a certain sense of adventure and a daring to hold out and go for it!?)

sorry took me a few moments to figure out BE = British English, AE=American English?

ok, glad I spelled spelt right in BE when I could have spelt it spelled in AE. clown
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwihands Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:33 am

Lynn wrote:kiwi Thumbs up! Smile
Glad to hear confirmation that us Saggitarians I don't take our luck for granted, but are willing to put in the work & optimism! (edit PS, I'm not sure it's about patience (?) Saggi's are not known for being patient! Maybe a certain sense of adventure and a daring to hold out and go for it!?)

Hmmmm ... good point Lynn. Patience is not really one of my virtues - I actually got so restless in those six months I could hardly sleep towards the end. I sometimes call it "expectant gratitude", but I also like your "daring to hold out for it." Thumbs up!

Lynn wrote:sorry took me a few moments to figure out BE = British English, AE=American English?

Yes! Smile Sorry, I'm a language geek with a terrible liking for acronyms...

But to bring the subject back to palmistry: I was just wondering if you could tell from someone's hands whether they are lucky or consider themselves to be? What springs to mind are peacock print on Apollo finger, maybe a good fate line too? Anything else?

kiwihands

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:22 am

yes peacock's eye, especially on apollo, is considered lucky. and guess what ... I have one on apollo! oh lucky me! Very Happy
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwihands Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:31 am

Thumbs up!

Teehee. Excellent!

So you wouldn't say the condition of the fate line or any other features could give a clue about someone's "luck"?

kiwihands

Back to top Go down

Post  waqar.an Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:51 am

Lynn wrote:I guess 'luck' is a concept I've always struggled with. How much is 'good luck' or 'bad luck' and how much is due to our own judgement/outlook /actions? (tho some people do seem to have more than their 'fair share' of bad luck!)

kiwi, Sagittarius is also the most optimistic sign of the zodiac. Is that what also makes us the 'luckiest' sign? I know that's a great generalisation, but it works for me! :-)
hi Lynn;

I believe being lucky is better than being successful (own judgement/outlook /actions). I do not know in what percentage each of this factor involve in a person's life but I do know that successful people are often employees of lucky people.....Very Happy. Owner may have inherited the business by luck, however his/her CEO could be more of a successful person and may have reached to the top by sheer efforts and success.

Lucky people may go unlucky if they do not hold on to the things, ideas and believes that keep them lucky (often happen with the next successor of a lucky person).

By the same token unlucky can become lucky. Visualizing is a complex process and do number of things. one of the first thing it do is motivating for action. Imagination is the single most motivational factor. It drive and move us. If anyone is failing to go to gym routinely, they should simple imagine a few times doing all the gym activities. The next thing they will notice is being in gym actually doing it...Very Happy

Also bad and good luck gravitate around certain people, places and actions. Poor remain poor because all live at the same place or area. Prisons and mental institutions do little in changing bad people to good because all bad are at one place and there is no point of good reference. Universe do not care about good or bad. It has both in abundant and distribute each where there is a demand....Very Happy

Visualizing goes in a cycle like following:
Visualizing ---->motivation---->change of thoughts, surrounding people and actions
Visualizing----->difference between supplied luck and what is needed or expected----->creating a vacuum or demand of luck
The above process is true for both good and bad luck. So you have a choice here.... lol!

Isn't it fascinating that anything if rotate strong and fast enough can cause gravity and can attract other masses in the universe.

waqar.an

Back to top Go down

Post  waqar.an Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:08 am

kiwihands wrote: Thumbs up!

Teehee. Excellent!

So you wouldn't say the condition of the fate line or any other features could give a clue about someone's "luck"?
hi Kiwi;

Somehow palmists know that there is a difference between fate and luck so they identify two different lines: fate line and luck line. to look for luck we have to ponder more upon luck line or sun line and its associated finger, ring finger scratch

waqar.an

Back to top Go down

Post  waqar.an Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:32 am

waqar.an wrote:Key point is visualization. So visualize wisely what ever you want to have in your life and it will come in your way sooner or later.
I think i missed one important thing to add to visualization which is also a key difference between creatively visualizing and day dreaming or wishful thinking.

This is called time factor. We have to time limit the visualization. Whatever good we visualize should include the time for it as for when you are seeing it realizing. Ranging from the next minute to 3 or 6 months from now or 1 year or 5 year or more or less from now.

Also visualizing in third person is better than in first person. Also remember to include your loved one's in the visualization. You may get everything but may end up alone...Very Happy

Reason for including time is that our unconscious mind works like a guided missile system. It do not know right or wrong which is the task of conscious mind before issuing the command to it. Once a clear command is issued and time limit is given your unconscious mind start working on it 24/7. This work include scanning our environment for opportunities and garbing it. Without time limit it may identify the opportunity but may not grab it as time limit is not there.

It is interesting to know that unconscious mind process around 2 billion bits of information every second, where as conscious mind is still evolving slowly and is only capable of processing 7 plus minus 2 bits of information.

waqar.an

Back to top Go down

Post  pravin kumar Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:21 am

Dear Friends,

Creative Visualisation comes in the field of Meditation and this always helps a person, whose palm is read, to come out on tops by meditating regularly.

"It is your natural power of imagination, the basic creative energy of the universe which you use constantly, whether or not you are aware of it.

In the past, many of us have used our power of creative visualization in a relatively unconscious way. Because of our own deep-seated negative concepts about life, we have automatically and unconsciously expected and imagined lack, limitation, difficulties, and problems to be our lot in life. To one degree or another that is what we have created for ourselves.

You can teach yourself techniques of how to get what you want: llove, fulfillment, enjoyment, satisfying relationships, rewarding work, self-expression, health, beauty, prosperity, inner peace and harmony ...... whatever your heart desires. The use of creative visualization gives us a key to tap into the natural goodness and bounty of life.

Imagination is the ability to create an idea or mental picture in your mind. In creative visualization you use your imagination to create a clear image of something you wish to manifest. Then you continue to focus on the idea or picture regularly, giving it positive energy until it becomes objective reality... In other words, until you actually achieve what you have been visualizing.

Pravin Kumar

pravin kumar

Back to top Go down

How to be Lucky Empty re: How to be lucky

Post  mooky Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:02 am

Pravin Kumar,

That is a very good point. In fact, there is quite a large body of work now becoming fairly mainstream from the scientific community to support this idea. Specifically, the effect of mindfulness meditation on the physical brain and its ability to facilitate new connections being made between various areas of the brain (pre-frontal cortex, etc). That is, neuroplasticity. For those interested, some of the primary players are:

Dr. Dan Siegel - "Mindsight"

Mindsight Institue

Jeffrey Scwartz (UCLA) - "You Are Not Your Brain"

Brains On Purpose - Jeffery Schwartz

Rudolph Tanzi (Harvard) - a very interesting series of videos available from Deepak Chopra's website here Deepak Chopra - Video Library

Look for the Tanzi interviews but specifically those on "Mind, Genes, Neuroplasticity & Englightenment...."

mooky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down