Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» I am a doctor: will I have marriage and children?
Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:36 pm by melodystarly523405

» Teacher square on my Jupiter mount
Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:56 pm by vijayghrpd91

» Handreading International Conference 2024
Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2024 12:17 am by Lynn

» Can anyone read it for me?
Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2024 7:59 am by amit_plawat

» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Square on Marriage line
Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 90 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 90 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47502 messages in 4941 subjects
Top posting users this month
melodystarly523405
Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Voting17Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Voting19Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns

4 posters

Go down

Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Empty Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns

Post  cshahar Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:43 am

Hi Everyone: My mildly obsessive nature has resulted in collecting about 30 palmistry books, most of them in the last few months. As usual, I approach my research very methodically. What I will probably do is synthesize the information in a huge database, divided by particular categories going from general to specific (line - heart line - long heart line, manifestation according to author1, author2.). I know it might seem a bit silly to some, but that will be a way for me to get grounded in information. Of course, it is all meant to be applied to the field.

I would be very happy to share it with anyone interested. I feel knowledge should be shared. This should take me a year or longer given my busy lifestyle.

Anyway, has anyone ever attempted to do such a thing? If so, do they have the information available in digital format? I would love to compare my information with those of others.

Thanks,

-Charles

cshahar

Back to top Go down

Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Empty Re: Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns

Post  Lynn Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:02 am

Hi Charles,
This made me smile, it's exactly what my friend & I did when we first learnt palmistry. We went through some books systematically and compared all the hand features to what we'd learnt in class. Digital format wasn't commonplace then, we had to carve it on clay tablets. Of course I'm joking (it was quill & ink Razz) but it was laborious work. We gave up after about 2 years, once we'd filled 2 lever-arch files with notes and diagrams from about 5 books, and discovered that many interpretations were confusingly different. Luckily that's when I heard about 5-element hand reading which took it all back to basic priniciples, then I understood how the various interpretations all fitted together.

I also once started a project on hand features in various 'syndromes' found in people with learning difficulties, on my first computer with its 1GB hard drive and dial-up connection. Soon abandoned that, but Martijn has done a much better job of it.

Good luck with this huge project!
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Empty Compendium

Post  cshahar Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:19 pm

Hi Lynn: Thanks for the feedback. I fully expect that there will be contradictions! This is something I will have to sort out through practical readings.

How do I find out more about 5-element hand reading? It sounds like you found it to be quite enriching and I respect your opinion.

Thanks,

-Charles

cshahar

Back to top Go down

Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Empty Re: Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns

Post  Lynn Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:49 pm

cshahar wrote:How do I find out more about 5-element hand reading?
-Charles

Not many people still teaching it, since the Cheirological Society folded about 10 years ago. me & Johnny Fincham in UK, Jennifer Hirsch & Kevin Leak in S Africa. Sorry, not sure who else.
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:17 pm

Hi Lynn,
I also found that 5-element approach is more appropriate for me. At this stage my main goal is to understanding basic principles and found more connections between palm lines.

Two years ago I also wanted to sort out all learned information by sections or meaning, but found that everything is so interconnected, so most of my research ended up tungled up even more confusing.
Helen
Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi Charles,

Your idea reminds me how Ed Campbell's book (The Encyclopedia of Palmistry) was written. Do you have it?

PS. There are literally hundreds of hand characteristics that you could include in your database... if you really would like to start on such a project, I would recommend to start with only a 'hand-full' of these characteristics - otherwise your project might become too ambitious, to end in a desert of words.

But I do like your idea... and maybe I can provide you some assistence when your project is running! Maybe we could even design a forum section where we can collect 'quotes' from the books.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Empty For Martijn...

Post  cshahar Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:07 pm

Martijn: Thanks for the advice regarding keeping everything in perspective and starting modestly. I like your idea of collaborating on some level. And I would be very happy to contribute the results. Why don't I let you know when I have something more substantial to show. I expect Campbell's book to come through the mail any day now.

cshahar

Back to top Go down

Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Empty For Lynn...

Post  cshahar Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:11 pm

Hmm, I live in Canada. Is there a publication you recommend related to this 5-element system I can look at? It is not as good as a live teaching, but it is better than no teaching at all.

-Charles

cshahar

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:08 pm

Hi Charles,
The Cheirological Society course book for 5 element hand analysis was "Chinese Hand Analysis" by Terry Dukes (alias Shifu Nagaboshi Tomio) but, for numerous reasons that I won't go into here, I DON'T recommend it!

I recommend Jen Hirsch's books http://cheiro.co.za/
and although Johnny Fincham changed the nomenclature, his books are based on what we learnt combined with his years of experience.

I'll let you know when I've got my online course together, but don't hold your breath!Wink

Some info about 5 elemental levels on Christopher Jones (my tutor's) website - he also has the best History of Handreading info http://www.cheirology.net/

and there are a few discussions on this forum (along with a review of Jen's recent book)
https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/iiib-elemental-chirology-f3/
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:42 pm

(Great suggestions Lynn Thumbs up! )

Charles, I can only add the following:

- You will also find some info about the background of elemental hand analysis in Ed Campbell's book - great to hear that it will soon become a part of your collection.

- And beyond the authors that were mentioned by Lynn, I believe that Fred Gettings' book 'The Book of The Hand: An Illustrated History of Palmistry' should also become a valuable element for building your compendium (the book includes e.g. 35 pages about the 4 elemental hand types).
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Empty Compendium

Post  cshahar Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:11 am

Thank you to you both! I have a lot of reading to do!

-Charles

cshahar

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:43 am

cshahar wrote:Thank you to you both! I have a lot of reading to do!

-Charles

Charles, your enthusiasm & particular areas of interest in hands remind me so much of me when I first started learning (with regard to checking out all the books) and maybe 10 years ago with regard to mental health etc. Not sure of the timing, maybe Martijn can remember when I decided to compile a database on hand features of people with various 'mental handicap' syndromes, but gave up all too soon. Maybe my headline is too short.

Martijn gives good advice - my "project became too ambitious, to end in a desert of words." I hope you don't repeat my mistakes and end up with a lot of half-finished projects! Take it steady, one thing at a time! I really look forward to anything you come up with!

I like this idea from Martijn -
Martijn (admin) wrote:
But I do like your idea... and maybe I can provide you some assistence when your project is running! Maybe we could even design a forum section where we can collect 'quotes' from the books.
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Database or Compendium of Hand Patterns Empty Lynn & Martijn...

Post  cshahar Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:22 am

I really appreciate the encouragement from you both! I already know that the task is very daunting. In my "conventional work" I do research for a living, and I am very good at organizing information. So we shall test my metal on this project! Frankly, I think it will be a challenge to organize my time more than the information.

cshahar

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:47 am

cshahar wrote:I really appreciate the encouragement from you both!

I think I speak for both Martijn & myself when I say "You're welcome"

Personally, I am good at research but not good at organising information. Martijn is good at both. Like you, I am not good at organising my time, personally I am a master of distraction techniques!
Go for it Charles cheers ! We look forward to hearing any insights you discover.
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:57 am

(Lynn... Thumbs up! )
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down