Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Troubled times!
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:00 am by chaya

» Headline/heartline
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:54 pm by liadhhx

» Worried about marriage
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:21 am by nishaghai

» Star on mount of saturn
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:53 pm by godisgreat

» About marriage and career for making better decision in my life..
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:24 am by nishaghai

» What does my Jupiter mount say?
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:25 pm by D

» Tough time understanding my palm
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:35 pm by Ashcoal

» New business and just married
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:36 am by Gautamecp

» Please tell me about my career.
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:23 pm by Navneet8219

» Comment on my blog
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:50 am by Janhealth

» help with my job concern please
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:30 am by nishaghai

» Can Palmistry check out the disease?
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:08 pm by Sue Miller

» Trident on saturn mount & double life line
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:04 pm by nishaghai

» Help please
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:36 pm by Nehanu

» Forever alone. Could you please look at my relationship/marriage line signs?
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:18 pm by pravin kumar

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 293 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:22 am
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5867 registered users
The newest registered user is zainer

Our users have posted a total of 47118 messages in 4854 subjects
Top posting users this month
pravin kumar
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting17Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting19Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting18 
PsychicCyborg98
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting17Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting19Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting18 
vanya
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting17Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting19Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting18 
put1us
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting17Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting19Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting18 
godisgreat
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting17Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting19Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting18 
reoheba64
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting17Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting19Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting18 
chaya
Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting17Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting19Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Voting18 

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!


Pointing finger: check this out!



Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Thumb flexibility: question for experts!

Go down

Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Empty Thumb flexibility: question for experts!

Post  learner on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:24 am

Hello all experts! I have a question.

Has anyone ever seen a supple thumb changing to a stiff thumb or other way around?
I am curious if this is possible over a few years.

Thank you all.
Learner


Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title modification)

learner

Posts : 1069
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Empty Re: Thumb flexibility: question for experts!

Post  Lynn on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:33 pm

Yes supple thumb can change to stiff thumb.

___________________________________________
Lynn
www.handanalysis.co.uk
Lynn
Lynn

Posts : 2456
Join date : 2010-07-24
Location : Devon, England

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Empty Re: Thumb flexibility: question for experts!

Post  learner on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Lynn wrote:Yes supple thumb can change to stiff thumb.

Thanks Lynn.

Can you give some detail? Would be great to kmow the circumstances and the period over which this happened.

learner

Posts : 1069
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Empty Re: Thumb flexibility: question for experts!

Post  Lynn on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:57 pm

If the person becomes more determined, assertive, willfull.
Usually the dominant hand can become stiffer whilst the inner tendency / natural instinctive reactions on passive hand stays more flexible.
I don't know a time scale, I think it's a gradual process.

___________________________________________
Lynn
www.handanalysis.co.uk
Lynn
Lynn

Posts : 2456
Join date : 2010-07-24
Location : Devon, England

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Empty Re: Thumb flexibility: question for experts!

Post  learner on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:16 pm

Lynn wrote:If the person becomes more determined, assertive, willfull.
Usually the dominant hand can become stiffer whilst the inner tendency / natural instinctive reactions on passive hand stays more flexible.
I don't know a time scale, I think it's a gradual process.

Thanks Lynn. I was actually interested in knowing if you had come across a real case in your practice.

learner

Posts : 1069
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Empty Re: Thumb flexibility: question for experts!

Post  Lynn on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:06 am

here's one example - me! Very Happy
I think it's very common for people to become less flexible with age - in mind and body and thumbs and fingers! many people get more set in our ways. less adaptable, less willing to over -compromise themselves or be taken advantage of etc.

___________________________________________
Lynn
www.handanalysis.co.uk
Lynn
Lynn

Posts : 2456
Join date : 2010-07-24
Location : Devon, England

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Empty Re: Thumb flexibility: question for experts!

Post  learner on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:16 am

Lynn wrote:here's one example - me! Very Happy
I think it's very common for people to become less flexible with age - in mind and body and thumbs and fingers! many people get more set in our ways. less adaptable, less willing to compromise or be taken advantage of etc.

Thanks. did you have a very supple thumb in your youth?
Over how many years would you estimate that this change took place?

I haven't examined palms of too many older people. Is it rare to find a supple thumb on senior citizens?


learner

Posts : 1069
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Empty Re: Thumb flexibility: question for experts!

Post  Lynn on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:28 am

Yeah my thumb used to 'bend over backwards' when I first learnt palmistry. 25 years later it's still slightly flexible, not completely stiff,  but a much higher degree of resistance in aided flexure. It's also more tubular, it used to be slightly waisted. My fingers are much less flexible than they used to be. Look at how flexible babies and children's fingers & hands are, then compare to older people. (same with bodies) No it's not rare to find a supple thumb on senior citizens. I'm talking generally, many hands get stiffer as we get older.

___________________________________________
Lynn
www.handanalysis.co.uk
Lynn
Lynn

Posts : 2456
Join date : 2010-07-24
Location : Devon, England

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Empty Re: Thumb flexibility: question for experts!

Post  learner on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:37 am

Lynn wrote:Yeah my thumb used to 'bend over backwards' when I first learnt palmistry. 25 years later it's still slightly flexible, not completely stiff,  but a much higher degree of resistance in aided flexure. It's also more tubular, it used to be slightly waisted. My fingers are much less flexible than they used to be. Look at how flexible babies and children's fingers & hands are, then compare to older people. (same with bodies) No it's not rare to find a supple thumb on senior citizens. I'm talking generally, many hands get stiffer as we get older.

Thank you Lynn. Your replies have cleared this issue in my mind.

learner

Posts : 1069
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Empty Re: Thumb flexibility: question for experts!

Post  Lynn on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:42 am

I'm interested to know if other handreaders agree with me. Flexibility is difficult to measure, it's not like comparing an old hand print to see how lines have changed.

___________________________________________
Lynn
www.handanalysis.co.uk
Lynn
Lynn

Posts : 2456
Join date : 2010-07-24
Location : Devon, England

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Empty Re: Thumb flexibility: question for experts!

Post  learner on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:47 am

Lynn wrote:I'm interested to know if other handreaders agree with me. Flexibility is difficult to measure, it's not like comparing an old hand print to see how lines have changed.

Martijn's response would be nice to have.

learner

Posts : 1069
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Empty Re: Thumb flexibility: question for experts!

Post  Martijn (admin) on Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:04 pm

learner wrote:
Lynn wrote:I'm interested to know if other handreaders agree with me. Flexibility is difficult to measure, it's not like comparing an old hand print to see how lines have changed.

Martijn's response would be nice to have.

Yes, such variations are possible. However, I also support Lynn's point that it is actually hard to assess 'thumb flexibility' as their is no objective standard available. So basically any assessment could very well reflect the condition of the thumb at just one moment in time.

PS. In the fields of hand reading usually 'subjective' methods are being used where it is assessed according feeling how flexible the thumb is inplanted, but in science this feature usually gets defined in terms of extensibility (e.g. the amount of flexure), see for example: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1365-2141.1998.00697.x/full


Thumb flexibility: question for experts! BJH_697_f1

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5260
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Empty Re: Thumb flexibility: question for experts!

Post  learner on Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:56 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
learner wrote:
Lynn wrote:I'm interested to know if other handreaders agree with me. Flexibility is difficult to measure, it's not like comparing an old hand print to see how lines have changed.

Martijn's response would be nice to have.

Yes, such variations are possible. However, I also support Lynn's point that it is actually hard to assess 'thumb flexibility' as their is no objective standard available. So basically any assessment could very well reflect the condition of the thumb at just one moment in time.

PS. In the fields of hand reading usually 'subjective' methods are being used where it is assessed according feeling how flexible the thumb is inplanted, but in science this feature usually gets defined in terms of extensibility (e.g. the amount of flexure), see for example: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1365-2141.1998.00697.x/full


Thumb flexibility: question for experts! BJH_697_f1

Thanks Martijn. The article talks of extreme flexibility in children. It would be interesting to know if any children have stiff thumbs. I think I am going to pester a few parents to let me examine their kids thumbs,

learner

Posts : 1069
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Thumb flexibility: question for experts! Empty Re: Thumb flexibility: question for experts!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum