Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 83 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 83 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lifera
Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Voting17Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Voting19Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Voting18 
puneet
Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Voting17Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Voting19Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop

3 posters

Go down

Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Empty Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:59 pm

To all fingerprint experts in the world:

Can anybody give me a description for a so-called raketoid loop? (a.k.a. racketoid loop / racket loop)

PS. The significance of this fingerprint pattern has been mentioned quite a few times in studies presented by Ana Ţarcă from Moldavia (Romania), see for example:
http://www.jmpiasi.ro/2004/12(1-2)/5.pdf
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Empty Raketoid

Post  cpb Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:42 pm

Few years ago, I sent a question to that effect to the scientist but never received a reply. It was my understanding that a raketoid loop was in fact in composite loop.

cpb

Back to top Go down

Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Empty Racquetoid

Post  cpb Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:00 pm

Birbeck granules are racketoid in nature. This might help you.

cpb

Back to top Go down

Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Empty Re: Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:49 am

Hello cpb, thank you very much for your report!  Thanks!

Yes, I can understand your association regarding 'composite loops' because I have been considering myself that the term 'racket loop' might refer to a specific form of a composite loop, most likely the central pocket loop (a.k.a. peacock)... especially since the central pocket loop is usually most common on the ring finger, which could fit with Tarca's observation that the 'racket loop' is reported to be most common in the 4th or 5th digit.

By the way, I think it is unlikely that Tarca is referring to 'double loops' (a.k.a. twin loops, which are also recognized to represent a specific form of.composites), because double loops are typically found on the 1st digit, where the percentage can easily rise above 10%.

However... I just became aware that Tarca reports for her control group a percentage of 27.5% whorls (which is a bit low, but not unusual at all), however, the percentage for composite patterns (twin loops + lateral pockets + central pockets) is unusually low: only 0,2%... and in this perspective it all would make sense if Tarca's 'racket loop' actually refers to a central pocket, because that would probably implicate that the 0.2% might merely include double loops, see table 1 in her diabetes type 1 study: http://www.jmpiasi.ro/2005/13(1-2)/6.pdf

thinking ...And since Tarca does not mention the racket loop explicit in her conclusion, while she does report her findings on the composite patterns... I think our problem should be solved now: Ana Ţarcă's use of the terms racketoid loop / raketoid loop / racket loop very likely refers to a central pocket loop, which in the field of palmistry is a.k.a. a peacock!

Thumbs up!  

PS. Meanwhile I have found confirming evidence that Tarca is indeed referring to a 'racket' shape of loop, because in one of her articles she speaks in French language of 'boucles du type raquette' (= loops of the racket type), see page:
http://www.didac.ehu.es/antropo/1/1-6/Tarca.pdf
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Empty Re: Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop

Post  Lynn Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:56 am

I never heard of a racketoid loop before but from the name, which reminds me of tennis racquet (or racket), I wondered if it is a peacock's eye.?
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:18 am

Lynn wrote:I never  heard of a racketoid loop before but from the name, which reminds me of tennis racquet (or racket), I wondered if it is a peacock's eye.?

Yes Lynn, likely a peacock (see my previous post); my problem raised from Tarca's description for her 'racket loop'... which she describes to be very rare in the normal population.

However, we know that peacocks are not rare at all... and therefore I now think that my problem likely resulted from the fact that Tarca's dissertation study from 1995 presents a control population involving 200 people from Romania (100 males + 100 females) where coincidently the prevalence of 'complex' patterns (including twin loops, lateral pockets & peacocks) is reported to be very low: 0.2%... while Cummins & Midlo report a percentage of 5.2% for the same patterns based on Scotland Yard data involving 5000 individuals.

PS. Curiously, the prevalence of whorls is not very low in Tarca's controls: just below 30%, versus 25,4% in the Scotland Yard data... which actually does perfectly make sense in the perspective of the fingerprints world map.

Racketoid loops, a.k.a. raketoid loop / racket loop Fingerprint-pattern-intensity-index-clusters-world-map

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:33 am

hi Martijn, I did not see your post before I posted, I was looking up cbp's birbeck granules which confirmed tennis racquet shape. Thumbs up! I haven't read Tarca's study yet.
cbp - was it Tarca that you wrote to?
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:45 am

Lynn wrote:hi Martijn, I did not see your post before I posted, I was looking up  cbp's birbeck granules which confirmed tennis racquet shape. Thumbs up!  I haven't read Tarca's study yet.
cbp - was it Tarca that you wrote to?

No, I have not contacted Tarca - though I tried, but was not able to track down her contact details.

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:05 am

thanks Martijn, but my question "cbp - was it Tarca that you wrote to?"
was directed to member cpb, (SORRY I wrote cbp instead of cpb!) reference 'the scientist' in this post -
cpb wrote:Few years ago, I sent a question to that effect to the scientist but never received a reply. It was my understanding that a raketoid loop was in fact in composite loop.
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down