Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Icon_minitime1Yesterday at 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 48 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 48 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47486 messages in 4937 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Voting17Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Voting19Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Voting18 

Top posting users this week
rajashri
Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Voting17Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Voting19Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Voting18 

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls

+2
zaobhand
anand_palm
6 posters

Go down

Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Empty Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls

Post  anand_palm Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Hello all

I found the slides well described.

http://www.slideshare.net/juroc26/fingerprints ( This is general)

1. Loop Patterns
http://www.slideshare.net/juroc26/fingerprint-classification-slide-2

2. Arch, Tented Arch Patterns
http://www.slideshare.net/juroc26/fingerprint-classification-slide-3

3 Peacock, Double loop, Whorl
http://www.slideshare.net/juroc26/whorl-patterns

Overrview

http://www.slideshare.net/heremi/basic-fingerprints-classification-and-analysis

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Empty Re: Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls

Post  zaobhand Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Thanks! Anand Thumb up
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Empty Re: Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls

Post  anacaro21 Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Thank you much Anand Thank you! pretty useful stuff Very Happy
anacaro21
anacaro21

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Hello Anand,

Yes, the documents look quite useful - and all three documents appear sort of to represent the approach described in the F.B.I. book, titled: 'The Science of Fingerprints', which is available here:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/19022/19022-h/19022-h.htm

But I would like to add a word of caution:

Because pictures only are often hard to understand regarding the essentials - though the info displayed appears usually correct.

- However, on page 24 of the second document about ARCHES we are confronted with info that is likely not correct - suggesting that 40% of all arches are 'tented arches' (and 60% 'plain arches').

Because usually the incidence of 'tented arches' is described to be close to 1% of all fingerprints - while about 5% of all fingerprints can be described as 'arches' (= 'tented arches' + 'plain arches'). So, the real percentage for the occurrence of 'tented arches' versus 'plain arches' is usually 20% versus 80%.

- Also, the vocabulary used in the presentation is not explained/defined... so it for sure requires further reading (such as the book 'The Science of Fingerprint') in order to understand all details properly.

Anyway, nice post Anand! Thumb up
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:21 pm

anand_palm wrote:Hello all

I found the slides well described.

http://www.slideshare.net/juroc26/fingerprints ( This is general)

1. Loop Patterns
http://www.slideshare.net/juroc26/fingerprint-classification-slide-2

2. Arch, Tented Arch Patterns
http://www.slideshare.net/juroc26/fingerprint-classification-slide-3

3 Peacock, Double loop, Whorl
http://www.slideshare.net/juroc26/whorl-patterns

Overrview

http://www.slideshare.net/heremi/basic-fingerprints-classification-and-analysis

Thanks
Anand

Thumbs up! Good reference Anand! I think this will help people understand how to determine all but the most complex and unusual fingerprints.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:56 am

Hello all,

Thanks, just for people to get some basics on differentiating, in a slide show it is much easier to go over and look at it rather than reading the complete FBI Book.

Martijn
Ofocurse for more detailing you have to read the FBI book, but that is for people for research, and also the stats which you mentioned does not include lot of thinghs on how much sample have been taken. So i dont hink importance needs to be given. But an quick overiview of how to look for arch, tented arch, loop, accidental, peacock (central pocket loop), Double loop is given in a better way.

Thanks
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:19 pm

anand_palm wrote:Hello all,

Thanks, just for people to get some basics on differentiating, in a slide show it is much easier to go over and look at it rather than reading the complete FBI Book.

Martijn
Ofocurse for more detailing you have to read the FBI book, but that is for people for research, and also the stats which you mentioned does not include lot of thinghs on how much sample have been taken. So i dont hink importance needs to be given. But an quick overiview of how to look for arch, tented arch, loop, accidental, peacock (central pocket loop), Double loop is given in a better way.

Thanks
Anand

Hi Anand,
Yesterday I was thinking about the statistics in regards to some rare fingerprints and how the results gathered in 1905 at Scotland Yards, published in Cummins & Midlo's "Finger Prints Palms & Soles" may no longer be accurate for humans in 2012.

For example, I read hands at 3 events this weekend and I know I saw about 6 or 7 radial loops on the ring fingers. Even more on the middle finger and 1 radial on the little finger and I'd say I read the hands of about 60 to 70 people. The statistics from 1905 show that the radial loop on the ring fingers average between .5% to 1.47%. That's less than 2 in 5,000 pairs of hands. Here I am seeing them at the rate of nearly 10%. So it was a little funny hearing myself tell someone their fingerprint was rare and then see it several more times in these (mostly unrelated) groups of people. There were a few parent and children hands with matching radial prints.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:28 pm

Hello Patti

That is very interesting point which you have observed, especially we are dealing with human population where changes are more frequent,henceforth concluding based on past and historical data may be wrong. Also 60 sample points is good enough to infer.
The data needs to be reevaluated for the next generation people.

Probably you can publish and write a new statistical review for next generation.

Great Work Thumbs up!

Anand

anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:34 pm

anand_palm wrote:Hello Patti

That is very interesting point which you have observed, especially we are dealing with human population where changes are more frequent,henceforth concluding based on past and historical data may be wrong. Also 60 sample points is good enough to infer.
The data needs to be reevaluated for the next generation people.

Probably you can publish and write a new statistical review for next generation.

Great Work Thumbs up!

Anand

Laughing I won't be working on statistical reviews of my own. I'm more interesting in understanding how they really play out in people's lives and why we are seeing more now. It's a glitch in development. Some glitches lead to evolution.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Hello Patti

It is just an added thingh to your research to validate on the justifaction. Also the concept of rarity is in my perception still a relative measure.

It is interesting you mentioned why you are seeing more now. So probably some environment changes are happening.

Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Hello Patti

I have question for you, there are several papers which have collected these statistcal figures on dermatoglyphics, however when you actually collect data you should typically know what goes into making this dermatoglyphics and then typically you go in for collecting, however when i read the research papers only some of them deal with the development aspect, but others just collect and categorize. What i could not find in these papers is a holistic approach, like they just collect fingerprint data, but neglect palmar data or creases, so in sense i dont get why they did like that, by doing this way you tend to create categorization in partial way and henceforth cannot be concluded. In some sense there are few papers which are really good.

Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:05 pm

anand_palm wrote:Hello Patti

I have question for you, there are several papers which have collected these statistcal figures on dermatoglyphics, however when you actually collect data you should typically know what goes into making this dermatoglyphics and then typically you go in for collecting, however when i read the research papers only some of them deal with the development aspect, but others just collect and categorize. What i could not find in these papers is a holistic approach, like they just collect fingerprint data, but neglect palmar data or creases, so in sense i dont get why they did like that, by doing this way you tend to create categorization in partial way and henceforth cannot be concluded. In some sense there are few papers which are really good.

Anand

Having studies probably evolves around interest and funding for such studies. You would probably enjoy Chris Plato's series of books about "The State of Dermatoglyphics". They are too expensive now to purchase, but you could probably look through them at a medical library.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  anand_palm Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Thanks for the info Thumbs up!

Thanks!
Anand
anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:10 am

Patti,

Someone else thinks that our species may be about to transform Smile thinking
http://www.ted.com/talks/juan_enriquez_will_our_kids_be_a_different_species.html?utm_source=newsletter_weekly_2012-06-08&utm_campaign=newsletter_weekly&utm_medium=email
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:30 am

zaobhand wrote:Patti,

Someone else thinks that our species may be about to transform Smile thinking
http://www.ted.com/talks/juan_enriquez_will_our_kids_be_a_different_species.html?utm_source=newsletter_weekly_2012-06-08&utm_campaign=newsletter_weekly&utm_medium=email

Wow! Yes

I can so identify and it would certainly make sense with seeing prints that were once rare become more common and may represent mutants that are advanced or more suitable for the world they are born in.

Thanks!

Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:32 am

Glad you liked it. It does make sense. hand dance
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Website and Slides showing how to identify Fingerpirnts, Arches, Loop, Peacock, Double loop Whorl, Whorls Empty Heritability of fingerprints

Post  Felicity Martin Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:31 am

Hi Marijn

I was wondering about the heritability of fingerprints as I have noted consistencies across generations- I noted particularly that you stated the tented arch which is less common in a case close to home was present in my husband on both index fingers and also on both my two daughters hands- one having 3 classic tented arches... as this is supposed to be less common and I don't have them, where is the basis of this seeming genetic heritability factor? I do have two arches... also elongated whorls- quite dramatic in hands which I have read- were present in mother and daughter/ son... even more surprisingly in the mother's new partner! What is your view on elongated whorls as opposed to more common whorls? This applies too to very upright loops.
Would love input in this area

Felicity

Felicityn
Martijn (admin) wrote:
Hello Anand,

Yes, the documents look quite useful - and all three documents appear sort of to represent the approach described in the F.B.I. book, titled: 'The Science of Fingerprints', which is available here:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/19022/19022-h/19022-h.htm

But I would like to add a word of caution:

Because pictures only are often hard to understand regarding the essentials - though the info displayed appears usually correct.

- However, on page 24 of the second document about ARCHES we are confronted with info that is likely not correct - suggesting that 40% of all arches are 'tented arches' (and 60% 'plain arches').

Because usually the incidence of 'tented arches' is described to be close to 1% of all fingerprints - while about 5% of all fingerprints can be described as 'arches' (= 'tented arches' + 'plain arches'). So, the real percentage for the occurrence of 'tented arches' versus 'plain arches' is usually 20% versus 80%.

- Also, the vocabulary used in the presentation is not explained/defined... so it for sure requires further reading (such as the book 'The Science of Fingerprint') in order to understand all details properly.

Anyway, nice post Anand! Thumb up
Felicity Martin
Felicity Martin

http://www.hallettgalleryfelicitymartin.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down