Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
try this IQ test  Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
try this IQ test  Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
try this IQ test  Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
try this IQ test  Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
try this IQ test  Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
try this IQ test  Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
try this IQ test  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
try this IQ test  Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
try this IQ test  Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
try this IQ test  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
try this IQ test  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
try this IQ test  Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
try this IQ test  Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
try this IQ test  Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
try this IQ test  Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 91 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 91 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47487 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
try this IQ test  Voting17try this IQ test  Voting19try this IQ test  Voting18 
Sumit
try this IQ test  Voting17try this IQ test  Voting19try this IQ test  Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

try this IQ test

4 posters

Go down

try this IQ test  Empty try this IQ test

Post  Lynn Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:33 am

On another thread Martijn posted this link to an IQ test.
If you have a half hour of spare time, you can try this online test at the official mensa website...
https://www.mensa.org/workout.php
(Not an official test, but it should provide you an interesting impression)

Let's try it. https://www.mensa.org/workout.php
What's your score?
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

try this IQ test  Empty Re: try this IQ test

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:28 pm

Sorry, I haven't done that test myself.

PS. During my psychology study (about 15 years ago) I have done one official IQ test resulting in a score just above 130 (but not as high as 136); in other tests my results were usually between 125 and 130.

(I completed a bachelor study in Technical Physics with basically 'hard work', and a master study in clinical psychology with relatively 'ease'; but I am not sure if I would have made it to complete a master study in the technical sciences - because my affinity with that field was actually below average compared to other technical students, but I was able to understand complex issues, etc; I guess that is how I got hooked into the combination of hand analysis & psychology)
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:18 pm

Oh sorry it's not an IQ test, just a "brain workout."

geek I scored only 24 / 30

anyone else going to try? Anyone
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:08 am

Lynn wrote: Oh sorry it's not an IQ test, just a "brain workout."

lol!

The same result for me: 24 / 30
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

try this IQ test  Empty Palmistry IQ test?

Post  Lloyd Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:36 am

I am very dubious about using skin ridges for measuring IQ. Apart from understanding how they may be related to IQ I have another problem.

Skin ridges are genetic and are not due to the environment. IQ depends on both so, at best, an estimate of IQ by examining skin ridges would be very rough.

The ADT angle is likewise genetic, I think. It largely depends on the shape of the hand. This means that long palmed people are generally more intelligent (?). This makes it hard for square palmed people to be very intelligent. I know plenty of square palmed people who are quite intelligent. I have a Batchelor of Engineering degree, a Master of Science and a PhD and worked as a Senior Research Scientist in CSIRO before becoming an Associate Professor at QUT so I claim to have at least average intelligence but I have square palms.

It is time to either drop this assertion or to check it out by comparing palmistry IQ with normal IQ tests.

By the way exactly how are you supposed to measure IQ from the skin ridges apart from using the ADT angle?

cheers

Lloyd

Lloyd

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:47 pm

Lloyd wrote:I
By the way exactly how are you supposed to measure IQ from the skin ridges apart from using the ADT angle?

Hi Lloyd,

(Great to see that you've started sharing your extended experience & knowledge at our forum!! Thumbs up! )

Regarding you major question: we have various other topics available which focuss on the issue of how to assess IQ via the hand... (I have only recently started focussing on this issue), your comments are off-topic here ( Wink ) but I expect that you might be able to extend your ideas so far about this topic by reading the info that has been presented in the following 2 topics:
- https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t522-hands-iq-guidelines-for-an-intelligence-assessment-via-your-hands
- https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t146-new-insights-how-your-primary-palmar-lines-relate-to-your-intelligence

Also, we have a discussion available about a commercial product (DMIT) which claims to assess intelligence via the fingeprints (but I am sceptical myself about the true origins of that product), see:
https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t431p15-thumbrule-dmit-iq-test-does-intelligence-correlate-with-fingerprints-dermatoglyphics#4452

PS. Finally, for example Einstein had 'square' palms... but his 'hand index' was pretty low (especially for his left hand), so one should better not try to mix the usually not very well defined 'palmistry concepts' with the more precise scientific measurements.

For example: the 'square palm' has never really been defined in the palmistry literature - while a conscientious observer will notice that almost every palm has a rectangle shape because the palm length nearly always extends the palm width in both hands of almost very person...!!!

Please... we are ofto ... because Lynn's topic is about IQ tests not related to hands, so let's continue our sidewalk-discussion in one of the other topics that I have just mentioned.

The hands of Albert Einstein - who is considered by quite a few IQ experts as one of the most intelligent people that ever walked on planet earth:
try this IQ test  Albert-einstein-left-right-hand
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

try this IQ test  Empty re: try this IQ test

Post  mooky Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:32 pm

Lynn wrote: Oh sorry it's not an IQ test, just a "brain workout."

I first ran across Mensa in the 80s in a then popular magazine called "Omni". I have always had issues with multiple choice tests. The most annoying of them (for me) have D) None of the above, E) All of the above, as possible responses. I mean, why not include F) Some of the above, and G) Almost all of the above? As a kid I was always getting caught up in the grammar used to pose the question. I invariably ran into questions that I would think "..but what about this or what about this other possibility."

I see this format of testing as being very american and just makes the grading of tests by teachers much easier. It means that the teacher may in fact not know anything at all. They simply have the proper responses provided for them on a cheat sheet from some other back room educator who makes up tests for a living. I much preferred the learning/testing experience I had in my last two years of high school in Ireland. You had to show that you knew something. Guesswork was not really an option.

I took this test and got 27, but now I'm annoyed. Smile I did not even bother with the INSATIABLE question. I'm kicking myself on this one because I have seen it before. I should have remember. I find it funny that the word/answer is something that I am just not interested in. Smile I missed the typists question. I would have rather seen the question posed as: If two typists can type two pages in two minutes .... as .. If two typists can type a total of two pages in two minutes..... To my way of thinking that is a more intelligent question. Their question is just a trick.

And I missed the serious question regarding their pictograms of petals and lines. This kind of thing is very Mensa-ish. Yes I can see that the number of petals change. And I could see how the lines worked. But something else is going on the those series. On the top row, moving left to right, the center solid circle shrinks a little bit. And the question itself talks about "... the line of drawings...". Line of drawings? Looks more like a matrix to me. In this case, the correct answer's drawing is to me of very poor quality. Extremely annoying.

Anyway, the topic of methods of testing and forms of tests is very interesting. I am glad I saw this post as it has reminded me that I used to have issues with this.

mooky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down