Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 69 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 69 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lifera
Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Voting17Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Voting19Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Voting18 
puneet
Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Voting17Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Voting19Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity?

+3
Parender
Patti
Wanderer78
7 posters

Go down

Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Empty Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity?

Post  Wanderer78 Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:12 pm

Hello,

Last year I was at a party and a 22-year-old girl was going around "reading palms", but really only telling people how old they'd be when they would die and possible health problems - she said I needed to look out for my heart. Everything was negative. At first I dismissed this but now it's really bothering me. Incidentally, she told me and another guy 65, while some others got 75 or 85. Likewise she claims that her palm says she'll live to between 90 and 100.

Then about a month ago I asked her what she was basing this on. After claiming that she has read dozens of books and given presentations and blah blah blah, she said that she was basing it on the older tradition of 30 years per rascette. But the curious thing is that she doesn't count the first one. I have looked everywhere to find any reference for this but can find none. In fact most of the sources I have looked at say that such a practice has long been defunct. And when I look at others' rascettes, by that interpretation, some people should already be dead. Has anyone heard of this not counting the first rascette? Could there be anything else that might reveal such information?

Also, is it even possible for someone to tell this information from palmistry?

Thank you.

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title specification)
Wanderer78
Wanderer78

Back to top Go down

Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Empty Re: Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity?

Post  Patti Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Hello!
Your research results are pretty right on. There is no confirming evidence that people's lives are based on the number of wrist lines.

The first bracelet or wrist crease is actually the only crease that has been given any significance.

Research shows it changes seasonally.

I have also observed that this particular crease (in combination with other markings) can relate to fertility.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity? Empty Re: Rascette lines (wrist creases) - do they predict longevity?

Post  Parender Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:23 pm

Wanderer78 wrote:Hello,

Last year I was at a party and a 22-year-old girl was going around "reading palms", but really only telling people how old they'd be when they would die and possible health problems - she said I needed to look out for my heart. Everything was negative. At first I dismissed this but now it's really bothering me. Incidentally, she told me and another guy 65, while some others got 75 or 85. Likewise she claims that her palm says she'll live to between 90 and 100.

Then about a month ago I asked her what she was basing this on. After claiming that she has read dozens of books and given presentations and blah blah blah, she said that she was basing it on the older tradition of 30 years per rascette. But the curious thing is that she doesn't count the first one. I have looked everywhere to find any reference for this but can find none. In fact most of the sources I have looked at say that such a practice has long been defunct. And when I look at others' rascettes, by that interpretation, some people should already be dead. Has anyone heard of this not counting the first rascette? Could there be anything else that might reveal such information?

Thank you.

Hi Wanderer 78,

There are traditional indications or meanings for these lines. According to them these lines indicate the longevity of a person, in particular. If only one bracelet clearly marked and unbroken suggests longevity of around 28-30 years only. Two bracelets suggest longevity up to 55-60 years and if three deep bracelets are found unbroken with good color suggest that the person’s longevity could be around 80 to 90 years with good health, wealth, good fortune and easy existence. In fact these are of little use in my experience. I never used them as bearing upon longevity.

Many palmists have abandoned this idea, partly perhaps because it's rather difficult to prove or substantiate and I would assume also because it has not been found to be sufficiently accurate. Even if palmists have actually abandoned this idea, there still remains a vague idea for some palmists that the unbroken resettles denote a good health but I have failed to find any confirmations of such indications.

It is most common to have two or three bracelets. Although, some people have only one bracelet, and having four or more is possible. More bracelets indicate a longer life; broken bracelets indicate ill health conditions or lowering the vitality in the person.

Yes, if a good deep Life Line accompanies with a good unbroken first brascette then you can expect a good strong constitution of the person. And any line rises from these brascette lines and goes inside the palm that denotes positive ambitious attitude; a desire to rise in the world.

Enjoy!
Parender

flower
Parender
Parender

http://www.enjoylifefoodart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  zeblethai Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:28 pm

[quote]I have also observed that this particular crease (in combination with other markings) can relate to fertility.[quote]
Hi Patti, I have read that if the first rascette is bent upward in the wrist it means (in woman) a difficult birth. What would it mean in a man, infertility?

zeblethai

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:24 pm

zeblethai wrote:
I have also observed that this particular crease (in combination with other markings) can relate to fertility.

Hi Patti, I have read that if the first rascette is bent upward in the wrist it means (in woman) a difficult birth. What would it mean in a man, infertility?

I haven't heard or read how this upward bend would relate when found in a man's hand. I really don't pay much attention to the wrist creases unless questions about fertility are raised.

In one of my weekly classes many years ago, there was a holiday break leaving a couple of weeks between classes. One of my students had an emergency hysterectomy in that time period and came to the next class with bruises on both her wrists. I first assumed that was where she had IVs inserted, but then she showed me the back of her hands where it was obvious that the IV needles had been inserted there and not on her wrists.

I thought it was fascinating and confirming that the discoloration appeared on her wrists that related to her surgery.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Wanderer78 Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:20 pm

Thank you both Patti and Parender for your replies. That sounds like what I've been reading. Even though the practice is no longer really used, have you ever heard of anyone not counting the first rascette line right at where the palm meets the wrist as part of it. I am beginning to suspect that this girl made this part up.

Also, are there any other lines that might have a bearing on longevity?
Wanderer78
Wanderer78

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:52 pm

Wanderer78 wrote: Even though the practice is no longer really used, have you ever heard of anyone not counting the first rascette line right at where the palm meets the wrist as part of it.

I haven't.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Wanderer78 Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:40 pm

Cool. Many thanks again. I gotta say, for some reason this whole thing made me really anxious. It's good to know that there are good people out there with good information. Not really sure how this girl is cool with potentially scaring people by telling them their death years, but it sounds like it's all nonsense anyway.
Wanderer78
Wanderer78

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:30 am

Wanderer78 wrote:Cool. Many thanks again. I gotta say, for some reason this whole thing made me really anxious. It's good to know that there are good people out there with good information. Not really sure how this girl is cool with potentially scaring people by telling them their death years, but it sounds like it's all nonsense anyway.

People who give negative readings and predictions in an off handed way, without validation are very irresponsible.

Mostly they do it for the power rush it gives them. It's a form of bullying as far as I'm concerned. It's also one of my pet peeves in the palmistry world.

It would seem by now, that at least morticians would have noticed that most of those that died young only had one wrist crease. I haven't heard anyone speak of deceased famous people and the number of wrist creases matching the age they died.

Makes you wonder though where such a tale originated. Would a more flexible wrist have more creases than a stiff one? What about bones and their size and flexibility? The underlying structure would likely relate to the number of wrist creases. Perhaps hundreds of years ago people with certain types of wrist structure were not suitable for survival in those times...?

Or maybe someone just made it up and the 'old wives tale' regarding the bracelets stuck... flower
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Wanderer78 wrote:Hello,

Thank you.

Hello Wanderer78,

I can only advice you to ignore all predictions made by this 22-year old palm reader - let me explain:

First of all, your report about her 'party-readings' sounds to me like a clear act-of-irresponsibility - because from you words I can tell that this rather young palm reader has not shown any awareness for the psychological effects of her rather naieve readings.... nor did she take any responsibility for her predictions-of-doom!.

Now, where does this 'theory' come from?

I can tell: this is a typical result from reading 'old' palmistry books that propagate superstitious believes about death & doom. But even Benham & Cheiro have warned that far most of those theories about the bracelets (wrist creases) are not accurate at all!

So, this far too young palm reader has basically only 'predicted'... SUPERSTITIOUS NONSENSE resulting from palmistry-folklore!!

Unfortuntely, the sad thing is that most books about hand reading do (edit) not describe the sources of theories - resulting in that it is very hard to discriminate folklore-based theories from theories that have at least partly been confirmed by (scientific) research.

I really hope that this will make sense for you, because I think this feedback should be enough to recognize that you simply better stop 'wandering' about these life-time predictions.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your experience!

wave

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  zeblethai Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:40 am

I have this older book by Fred Gettings. It's interesting but extremely negative, I couldn't imagine saying some of things that he's written to a client. It has some questionable material in it as well.

zeblethai

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:39 am

Hi Zeblethai, it would be interesting to hear more about some of the examples you mention in Fred Gettings. It is years since I read his books. Would you like to start a new discussion about it?
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  zeblethai Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:26 am

Hi Zeblethai, it would be interesting to hear more about some of the examples you mention in Fred Gettings. It is years since I read his books. Would you like to start a new discussion about it?
I'd love to, give me a few days to ear mark the book and I'll start the topic!

zeblethai

Back to top Go down

Post  Wanderer78 Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:51 am

Thanks Patti and Martijn especially.

I'm coming to similar conclusions myself. It's one of the reasons I came on here to share the experience - to ask actual professional palm readers and so that anyone else who falls victim to such nonsense can know that it is nonsense.

Again, many thanks. I really appreciate your feedback.
Wanderer78
Wanderer78

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:04 am

Excellent!

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts & experience... Thumbs up!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wanderer78 Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:23 am

"Unfortuntely, the sad thing is that most books about hand reading do describe the sources of theories - resulting in that it is very hard to discriminate folklore-based theories from theories that have at least partly been confirmed by (scientific) research."

Just re-read this. Do you mean rather that they don't describe the sources of the theories? One does wonder how they ever got away with publishing in the first place without some sort of ethical caveat at the beginning of the book. lol.
Wanderer78
Wanderer78

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:32 am

Sorry... what I had in mind was the following:

"Unfortuntely, the sad thing is that most books about hand reading do NOT describe the sources of theories - ..."

In my earlier comment I forgot to write down the word 'not'... but I think you sort of correctly understood what I had in mind.

Thumb up

Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wanderer78 Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:02 am

haha. No worries. Thanks again. I think I'll be able to sleep a little better tonight.

Thumbs up!
Wanderer78
Wanderer78

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:39 pm

Patti wrote:
zeblethai wrote:

I haven't heard or read how this upward bend would relate when found in a man's hand. I really don't pay much attention to the wrist creases unless questions about fertility are raised.

In one of my weekly classes many years ago, there was a holiday break leaving a couple of weeks between classes. One of my students had an emergency hysterectomy in that time period and came to the next class with bruises on both her wrists. I first assumed that was where she had IVs inserted, but then she showed me the back of her hands where it was obvious that the IV needles had been inserted there and not on her wrists.

I thought it was fascinating and confirming that the discoloration appeared on her wrists that related to her surgery.

Though, this is a old post, I am writing my observations and learnings:
For men, it indicates the problem with urinary systems and/or abdomen. I have noticed it in my friend's palms. Also, I had replied the same for a person on this group and he confirmed it as - "According to a kungfu master and energy worker i need to stretch and strenghten the gal-bladder meridian." (It seems he was adviced by someone else).
You can see it here: https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/t1519-many-small-lines-squares-triangles-crossovers-please-help-interpreting

Thank you,
Warm regards,
Kiran

Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:12 pm

Thank you Kiran! That is interesting!
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down