Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Left or Right? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Left or Right? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Left or Right? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Left or Right? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Left or Right? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Left or Right? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Left or Right? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Left or Right? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Left or Right? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Left or Right? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Left or Right? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Left or Right? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Left or Right? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Left or Right? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Left or Right? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 74 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 74 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47487 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
Left or Right? - Page 2 Voting17Left or Right? - Page 2 Voting19Left or Right? - Page 2 Voting18 
Sumit
Left or Right? - Page 2 Voting17Left or Right? - Page 2 Voting19Left or Right? - Page 2 Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Left or Right?

+10
waqar.an
Parender
sv-b
Lynn
Ron
Pamelah
GoodPalmist
Martijn (admin)
jeanette
sanjeevkumarojha
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Left or Right? - Page 2 Empty Re: Left or Right?

Post  Ron Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:53 pm

Well in Elemental Chirology, it works like this,

If an individual is right handed then the right hand indicates the conscious features of the individual and the left hand indicates the unconscious features of the individual, and vice-versa if the individual is left-handed.
Ron
Ron

http://www.ron-alain.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:11 pm

Ron wrote:Well in Elemental Chirology, it works like this,

If an individual is right handed then the right hand indicates the conscious features of the individual and the left hand indicates the unconscious features of the individual, and vice-versa if the individual is left-handed.
Hi Ron,

That's a variant of the 'handedness model', which I described in the other discussion about this topic:
https://www.modernhandreadingforum.com/iii-modern-palmistry-general-topics-questions-f4/which-hand-should-we-read-right-left-or-both-t127.htm

And yes, Jennifer has included the 'handedness model' in her book... but I would love to hear Lynn's thought about that aspect of Elemental Chirology (just like Jennifer, Lynn has studied the same basics of the model).

I am sceptic about this approach....

(Though I can imagine why people continue to use this model... focussing on the right hand appears to work for a lot people - simply because the large majority of people is right handed!!).

PS. I think over the years many hand reading experts became aware that this 'handedness model' often doesn't work for people who are left-handed... probably because the brain-hemisphere swap theory for left handedness is not much more then a myth.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:08 am

Just a reminder...
Lynn, would you be interested to comment on my former post?

Left or Right? - Page 2 399964
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:56 am

Sorry Martijn, I did notice your request but (as you know) have continuing forum access problems. But tonight I have fast upload! happy move

I am being lazy and copying from my website http://www.handanalysis.co.uk/faq.htm#q1. Really I think the left/right question is much more complex than this, but this is how I say it more simply on my site

"People often ask "which hand do you look at?". You have to study both hands. In traditional palmistry, if you are right handed, they say "the left is what the gods give you, the right is what you do with it." This is a bit simplistic and misleading - we were given both hands, the lines on both hands change, so we do something with both hands! The hand you write with is your dominant or active hand. It reflects the conscious you, your public face, you 'out in the world', what you have actively developed. The other hand, the passive or minor hand, is more about the subconscious, your private face, the inner you, your instincts, your latent abilities. So we have to look at and compare both hands to see the 'whole' person."
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:18 am

Okay, thanks Lynn!!

Obviously you're using the basic principle of the 'handedness model' as well, but I am glad to see that you also point out that it is important always to consider both hands (actually, that is what Jennifer also writes in her book).

So, I guess the implication of what you write is that people should at least understand that it is probably not wise to use only one hand only.

Left or Right? - Page 2 399964

PS. How do you value the following info?

http://www.indiana.edu/~primate/brain.html

"WHAT DOES HANDEDNESS HAVE TO DO
WITH BRAIN LATERALIZATION?"

"The same chap that identified a region of the brain specialized for language Paul Broca (Paul Broca) also suggested that a person's handedness was opposite from the specialized hemisphere (so a right-handed person probably has a left-hemispheric language specialization). But the kick is: this is not a mirror correlation (that is, a majority of left-handers also seem to have a left-hemispheric brain specialization for language abilities). Tricky business, eh? For over 150 years, many researchers have been trying to figure out this robust-but-imperfect correlation between handedness and brain lateralization. We are still trying."
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:51 am

Post deleted Exclamation

Last edited by Ron on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ron
Ron

http://www.ron-alain.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:30 am

Hi Ron,

Well, regarding your example... I think it may relate to the fact that 4 out of the last 5 US presidents were left handed (including Barack Obama).

Left or Right? - Page 2 964784 ... But Ron, could you explain how your example relates to the topic of this discussion?

PS. From my point of view I think your example + the US president example... might serve as just an another illustration that one should better avoid the 'handedness swap theory', because there might not be any realistic foundation behind that theory.

(Though again, in the majority of people it might just work fine.... simply because the majort is right handed!)
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sv-b Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:59 am

Hello martijn, Smile

Traditional and predictive palmists of india are still following the rule left hand for females. They have philosophical explanations as well for this theory. On the other hand, such as diagnol swap of brain stem functions, as explained by modern palmists, are related to motor nervous system. So, That can be nothing to do with the prediction and spirituality. Hence, Those remain blind assumption of , so called "modern palmists".

I have proved the theory , left hand for females, manytimes with examples when i was in piforum.

Left or Right? - Page 2 Arthan18

This is the picture which can explain you the side affinity of hindu's philosophy in relation to the gender variations........!

Right Half is lord.shiva and left-half is being consort of shiva, named shakthi.

Pictorial signs on the palm such as Trident sign, snake sign, half-moon sign, lotus sign, ear-ring sign, spear sign, etc are represented in this picture 'arthanareeswara' which are again being the manifestation of lord siva and parvati.

All divination of india has influence
on this principle. ie.. moleoscopy and body mark reading too has variations in relation with gender. left side moles on female body benefits her generally, and right side benefits males. same with swirls on head and face.

P.S: Second opinions are accepted if only you can provide either scientific proofs or spiritual theories or alternative theories.
-Regards, stalin.v

-Regards,
stalin.v

sv-b

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:08 am

hi stalin, I am interested to know how you "proved the theory , left hand for females, manytimes with examples when i was in piforum."

Personally I think it is important to look at both hands of males and females.

This theory of 'left hand for women' goes back many centuries, but even in year 1450 Metham's manuscript says -

"You must consider that this science requires that you behold both the right hand and the left hand, of both men and women, not withstanding that the principal tokens for a man are in his right hand whilst those of a woman are in her left hand."

http://www.cheirology.net/history/msmetham.htm
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  sv-b Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:31 am

Hello lynn, Smile

I've just given the reference from where this idea began. Indeed, This idea, 'left hand for females and right hand for males' remain universal . Because, I confirmed this traditional indian idea after reading the hands of american girls and foreigners hand through forum. one of such american women , physician had broken fate lines on right hand and straight and long fate line on the left. Observer, One of the member of piforum.net had presented this case study and claimed that this women, more than 50 years of age, have never changed her profession with multiples breaks on her fate line in the right hand. There i proved the theory. some peoples claim that, in ancient india , many womens remained house-wives. hence, this theory, 'left hand for women' was made. but, it was wrong assumption of them as i could see the evidence fro the theory "left hand for females" from the hands of american womens who are being professionals.

Again , i say here that 'left hand for females' and 'right hand for males' are the classical principle used by the traditional indian palmists. Many charletan palmists in india dont know the origin and tradition of indian palmistry and they never come across the classic indian scriptures. Hence, They follow the idea of westerns.

Nadi astrologers in india, use to read the left thumb prints of female and right thumb prints of male and predict present , past, future, name of the person , and name of the family members, and confirms date of birth. Again , All this principles and practices are based on ''Arthanareeswar". Each and every parts and weapons and tools which are been holded by this deity explains innumerable principle and philosophy of the world. It includes palmistry too.

P.S: I can explain the variation between male and women scientifically as well. There are difference between male and female scientifically too. Anatomically, physiologically , psychologically males and females are not same.

On the other hand, pyramidal track of brain stem has diagonal swaps of the motor nerves. Afferent and efferent fibers of the motor nerves transmit the signals of movement. ie., flexion, extension of limbs and body. But, It is nothing to do with the prediction or hand reading as claimed by so called modern palmists. If a palmist try to relate motor nerves with side affinity of hand reading, it remains empty speculation and blind assumption.

sv-b

Back to top Go down

Post  Parender Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:45 am

While certain lines on your hand can be inherited, you are always the master (or mistress) of your own fate.

Lines change as you change. In fact, they change all the time from year to year; your lines are not always the same. Studies over long periods of time have shown that many minor (and even some major) lines can be changed by positive intentions and redirected thought. Weak fate lines can be enhanced over time, becoming stronger than even you thought possible. Attitude is everything — it all depends on you.

Arnold Holtzman, Ph.D. writes in ‘Psycho diagnostic Chirology in Analysis and Therapy’ (2004) on page-63-
“As for the hands themselves, no two are exactly alike – not even when they belong to the same person. The question that arises must be: if each hand is unique, delivering a ‘story’ which must, in some way, be different from every other ‘story’, which hand and which ‘story’ is the most representative of the individual? Which may we assume to be the truest mirror of his, or her, immediate circumstances? The answer is both – equally. Each hand may put forward its own account of the man it speaks of, and each would be entirely relevant.”

William G. Benham writes in ‘The Benham Book of Palmistry’ (1900) on page-31 -“In all examinations you should consult both hands, and should never attempt specific statements, unless they are based upon a thorough knowledge of the information which can be gleaned only from the hands considered separately, and then together. Many failures are recorded in palm readings when one hand only has been used, due to the fact that men change as they grow older, and these changes are recorded in the right hand.”
Your dominant hand reveals how you relate to others; your non-dominant hand reveals your relationship with yourselves. In general, the information on your right hand indicates how you show up out in the world and the information on your left hand reveals more of your inner world and personal life.

In nutshell, by studying both hands – the non-dominant hand (the real you) and dominant hand (how you are representing yourself to the outer world) – we can recognize the traceable link between our both behavioral patterns and our present personality, thoughts and experiences. With this understanding, we can shape our future in a constructive, fulfilling way, making positive choices regarding our work, our dealings with people around us, and many other important aspects of life.

I take it like this: If you are right handed person than your non-dominant hand shows like roots of a plant, while the dominant hand shows the observable stem, leaves, and flowers. Our subconscious roots reflect the patterns of our past. The flowers represent the karmic resolves we have consciously made. Yes, when our non-dominant hands lines changes, our very roots are shifting. We are planning and taking action, making great efforts to alter the inherited or Nature’s plan and proceeding towards to bring radical change in ourselves.

Parender Sethi

Parender
Parender

http://www.enjoylifefoodart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  waqar.an Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:29 pm

Parender wrote:I take it like this: If you are right handed person than your non-dominant hand shows like roots of a plant, while the dominant hand shows the observable stem, leaves, and flowers. Our subconscious roots reflect the patterns of our past. The flowers represent the karmic resolves we have consciously made. Yes, when our non-dominant hands lines changes, our very roots are shifting. We are planning and taking action, making great efforts to alter the inherited or Nature’s plan and proceeding towards to bring radical change in ourselves.

Parender Sethi

Thanks!

Thank you Parender for your beautiful insight. Really interesting.

waqar.an

http://www.yourpalmist.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Parender Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:14 am

waqar.an wrote:
Parender wrote:I take it like this: If you are right handed person than your non-dominant hand shows like roots of a plant, while the dominant hand shows the observable stem, leaves, and flowers. Our subconscious roots reflect the patterns of our past. The flowers represent the karmic resolves we have consciously made. Yes, when our non-dominant hands lines changes, our very roots are shifting. We are planning and taking action, making great efforts to alter the inherited or Nature’s plan and proceeding towards to bring radical change in ourselves.

Parender Sethi

Thanks!

Thank you Parender for your beautiful insight. Really interesting.

Hey waqar.an,

I must thank for your compliments. Thank you waqar.an.
Thanks! This sounds good Very Happy

Parender
Parender
Parender

http://www.enjoylifefoodart.com

Back to top Go down

Left or Right? - Page 2 Empty Re : Left Hand and Right hand

Post  anand_palm Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:15 pm

Hello parinder

I have gone to few palmist in south india who are very well reputed they all look at right hand for males and left fo rfemlaes and theyu do sometimes look at both hand together. I had also read somewhere in johny fincahm book that usually reading is done using both hands howvever the dominant part of hand becomes of use once we have crossed the adulthood barrier, that uis until the age of 20 or so your non dominant hand would be more dominant whereas afterwards your dominnt hand come into picture.
personally i dont think there is an outward expression and inward expression or how the public views ourself or not. iam not sure about the statistics but men are more right hand dominance compared to women (exceptions might be there). Like wise i have seen women having stronger left hand (that means lines and prints) dominating compared to men with respect to left hand. But ofcourse complete data needs to be obtained to see and prove men have more right hand domination to women. The concept of outer world and personal world is still not understood however my take is that there is more understanding needed about this before a conclusion is reached. Because people who devised this subject also would have thought about and have had a reason for making it in this fashion. Once a complete pictureis got both needs to be taken and understood and a totalistic picture needs to be priovided. The other question is on what basis do we call something as dominating, for example when i go play cricket i use my right hand, and ui use that for eating, writing ect. so based on the usage we call somethingh as dominating, ofcourse in palmistry on what basis probably nbased on line+dermatoglyphics+hand development ect.. Like iam trying to question on a complete basis for left as personal and right as public and why shoudl we correlate to non dominant and dominant. for example books write non dominant as left and dominant as right is where the confusion arises. My take is whichever has stronger patterns, line, fingers, hand is domnaiting. So if you look from this perspective than how would you ctaegorize personal, public. This concept woudl require a complete historical, rational and mystical basis on why adn how this has been developed. I would appreciate your views.

Thanks
Anand

anand_palm
anand_palm

Back to top Go down

Post  Hok Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:06 am

Nashrie wrote:Anand, Myself and my wife both got readings from renowned palmist from indonesia on last vacation. There i noticed that the palmist gave reading after observing my right hand. But , when my wife got reading , she was asked to show her left hand. Since, I was naive in palmistry, i did not asked him the reason. It is interesting to note that palmists have various of opinion whether to read left or right. lol!
How about accuracy?Were they accurate?

Hok

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:57 am

Lynn wrote:
"People often ask "which hand do you look at?". You have to study both hands. In traditional palmistry, if you are right handed, they say "the left is what the gods give you, the right is what you do with it." This is a bit simplistic and misleading - we were given both hands, the lines on both hands change, so we do something with both hands! The hand you write with is your dominant or active hand. It reflects the conscious you, your public face, you 'out in the world', what you have actively developed. The other hand, the passive or minor hand, is more about the subconscious, your private face, the inner you, your instincts, your latent abilities. So we have to look at and compare both hands to see the 'whole' person."
Hi Lynn,
this is a old post. But, brining in lime-light again.
In the context of the above post, what do you think about Sachin Tendulkar? Is he right handed/left handed?He bats with right hand, while writes with left hand. His life outside, on the field is dominated by his right hand.

Thank you,
Warm regards,
Kiran
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:34 am

HI Kiran, actually my own 'definition' is simplistic also! When I am teaching palmistry there is a full page and a long discussion about dominant/passive hand, the above is simplified for my website. Perhaps I should change this short version to "Usually the hand you write with is your dominant..." Some left handed people were forced to write with their right hand, some people use left hand / right foot, a few are ambidextrous.

Sorry I have no idea who Sachin Tendulkar is, I guess he is a cricketer. I don't know if he is right or left handed, from what you've said so far it sounds like his right is dominant? Which hand does he bowl/catch with? Which hand does he use to brush his teeth? Sometimes you can tell by looking at the hands eg which has longer Jupiter finger / stronger thumb, which palm is more physically developed, which has most lines etc.
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:08 am

Lynn wrote:HI Kiran, actually my own 'definition' is simplistic also! When I am teaching palmistry there is a full page and a long discussion about dominant/passive hand, the above is simplified for my website. Perhaps I should change this short version to "Usually the hand you write with is your dominant..." Some left handed people were forced to write with their right hand, some people use left hand / right foot, a few are ambidextrous.

Sorry I have no idea who Sachin Tendulkar is, I guess he is a cricketer. I don't know if he is right or left handed, from what you've said so far it sounds like his right is dominant? Which hand does he bowl/catch with? Which hand does he use to brush his teeth? Sometimes you can tell by looking at the hands eg which has longer Jupiter finger / stronger thumb, which palm is more physically developed, which has most lines etc.

Okay. I thought you might be knowing him, as you're from England (as Cricket is a fav. sport there ) Smile.
Yes, he is one of the greatest cricketer ( called as God of Cricket ) from India.

Warm regards,
Kiran.
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  tap Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Thought this may be of interest to some on the subject of handedness

http://www.indiana.edu/~primate/brain.html

There is a research link on the bottom.

tap
tap
tap

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next