Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Recommendations please! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Recommendations please! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Recommendations please! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Recommendations please! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Recommendations please! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Recommendations please! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Recommendations please! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Recommendations please! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Recommendations please! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Recommendations please! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Recommendations please! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Recommendations please! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Recommendations please! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Recommendations please! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Recommendations please! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 74 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 74 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lifera
Recommendations please! - Page 2 Voting17Recommendations please! - Page 2 Voting19Recommendations please! - Page 2 Voting18 
puneet
Recommendations please! - Page 2 Voting17Recommendations please! - Page 2 Voting19Recommendations please! - Page 2 Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Recommendations please!

+2
Kiran.Katawa
beelights
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Recommendations please! - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations please!

Post  Patti Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Ramann wrote:
Patti wrote:

I agree Raman! I love old books and for a while became a little obsessed trying to fill up my collection with missing books.

Recommendations please! - Page 2 Dsc08211
palmistry library Very Happy

Hello Patti,

You collection is amazing. Thumbs up! I had to save the image...Had to magnify and look at what are the ones I missed.There are many.Nice collection I must say.May I ask what are the fat red ones on the left corner of the second row?

Raman

Thanks! I found most at used book stores, ebay and Abe books - except for the ones I bought new. I think the bottom large red one is a copy of Benham's book. I'm not home right now will look later and let you know what they are.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:56 pm

beelights wrote:Hello Kiran,

My library is growing dangerously large...I can see how this becomes an addiction! What about you? Do you have many books or do you mostly draw on information on the internet? I have found some invaluable sources online, such as Christopher Jones' history of hand reading.

I am laughing because I too looked close-up at Patti's book collection to see if there were any I had missed :-)

Best wishes,

Emma

Hi Emma,

Very Happy I need to take a clearer photo!! My obsession for a while was to see how many books listed in Andrew Fitzherbert's book of palmistry books I could obtain! I sometimes glance through them when I'm trying to find a variety of viewpoints about particular features.

What I've found interesting in some of the older books is the terminology that has been copied (sometimes with errors) over the decades into newer books.

Although I think Johnny Fincham and Jennifer Hirsch have excellent approaches and useful, workable information and I highly recommend them, they certainly are not the only books to have in one's collection.

Why I say it's more important to read hands than books is because a lot of information in the books have been narrowed to indications that are favored by the author. Once you put these interpretations into practice the feedback you'll get from people will cause you to adjust your way of expressing this information over time.

sunny
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:04 pm

Ramann wrote:
Kiran.Katawa wrote:Hello Emma,
About palmistry, "right now" - I amn't interested in knowing the history. Literally, I want the latest knowledge in this field so that I can go out, express myself and create my niche.

Hello Kiran,

My views differ on this.I believe for subject like this we must look at what made the author say so.What was the idea precedent to the present one.So we need a chronology.And all the modern authors may have developed their idea only after they knew deleberately what was before them and how they can change or present a different view.
What is latest today may not be latest a few years after.

Richard webster in his very elementary book "Palmistry for beginners" has mentioned that he even visited China to look for how the chinese do the hand reading.But there is no mention of Chinese methods in the book.So even if there is nothing of old techniques in the books of the new authors,I fairly doubt that they do not know of the old palmistry theories.Some may be experts on them.

Any book written takes years of studies and painfully collecting and observing and then putting a theory on paper.So they may not be as sinple as you think them to be.Here I am only speaking of those who genuinely look to write something in Palmistry.

Regards
Raman

Exactly!

After I had been reading hands for about 5 or 6 years and had even begun teaching classes I thought I'd write a book since my friends were encouraging me. I gathered my books in front of me and wondered how to start. Then I realized if I need to gather any other books in order to write my book I didn't have anything new to offer.
That was more than two decades ago, now I know that when my book is finally written I won't have looked inside a single book to write it. Yet at the end I will have to give credit to the many, many authors out there that shared the tid bits here and there that are patched together with what I've learned along the way.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Ramann wrote:
Hello Patti,

You collection is amazing. Thumbs up! I had to save the image...Had to magnify and look at what are the ones I missed.There are many.Nice collection I must say.May I ask what are the fat red ones on the left corner of the second row?

Raman

The bottom book is Benham, a 1974 edition waiting for someone who needs a copy. I have an older edition on the top shelf in light green with better illustrations.

Next up is Palmistry for Pleasure - Dean Bryden 1926 (This one is described by Fitzherbert as a "detailed, practical book based solidly upon personal experience.)

Top red book is Your Luck's in Your Hand - A. R. Craig 1867 (Fitzherbert describes this Victorian book as mostly plagiarized from Saunders, D'Arpentigny and Desbarrolles. The author mentions on the title page that is is chiefly the work of D'Arpentigny and Desbarrolles so I don't know if that counts as clearly plagiarized)

sunny
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:27 am

Patti wrote:
Why I say it's more important to read hands than books is because a lot of information in the books have been narrowed to indications that are favored by the author. Once you put these interpretations into practice the feedback you'll get from people will cause you to adjust your way of expressing this information over time.
sunny
Hi Patti,
This is very important and nice point that you bought here.

After posting reply to Raman's posting, I thot over what I had written.
At times, it so happens that no matter how many times I read, I won't understand a particular section or not convinced with what author is saying. But, when I read it in different author's book, it becomes very clear. At times the way an author approaches the particular subject helps a lot.
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  beelights Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:58 pm

Hello Patti,

Nice to meet you! Yes, I take your point about keeping a wide range of books to read and learn from, rather than just the modern stars. I have a particular love of the oddities you can find online for not much money, the 1920s (and earlier) guides. I have a collection of about 15 'antique' palmistry books and am always keeping my eye open for antique palmistry ephemera. If truth be told, I think I have a yearning to be sitting in a Victorian salon with potted plants, dusty windows, shelves of books and rare treasures under glass domes, reading the palms of moustachio'd gents and indiscreet ladies lol!!

At present I am just beginning to learn, so staying focussed with one author is helpful until I can bring in more contradictory views without becoming completely confused...There is just so much out there.

Best wishes,

Emma ~
beelights
beelights

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:56 pm

beelights wrote:Hello Patti,

Nice to meet you! Yes, I take your point about keeping a wide range of books to read and learn from, rather than just the modern stars. I have a particular love of the oddities you can find online for not much money, the 1920s (and earlier) guides. I have a collection of about 15 'antique' palmistry books and am always keeping my eye open for antique palmistry ephemera. If truth be told, I think I have a yearning to be sitting in a Victorian salon with potted plants, dusty windows, shelves of books and rare treasures under glass domes, reading the palms of moustachio'd gents and indiscreet ladies lol!!

At present I am just beginning to learn, so staying focussed with one author is helpful until I can bring in more contradictory views without becoming completely confused...There is just so much out there.

Best wishes,

Emma ~

Hi Emma,
Nice to meet you, too! wave
And yes getting the basics down with one author is a idea for starters! And you couldn't learn from a better teacher (as you prod Lynn to put up her class on line)!

Love the image you painted of the Victorian parlor! I've sort of lived that life style (only I didn't include a vision for the dust, it comes anyway) Now my dream is to have a painted gypsy vardo and travel around the country in my retirement. I'll need to keep a house though... for all my books!

flower
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2