Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 35 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 35 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 293 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:22 am
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 4811 registered users
The newest registered user is Adam8888

Our users have posted a total of 41190 messages in 3982 subjects
Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2015 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Jon Saint-Germain & Karmic Palmistry: Can anyone recommend him?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jon Saint-Germain & Karmic Palmistry: Can anyone recommend him?

Post  cshahar on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi Everyone:
I was interested in getting the book Karmic Palmistry by Jon Saint-Germain. I am hesitating. Firstly the reviews are mixed, and also the author seems like a very flamboyant individual. Yet the topic is very intriguing. Does anyone have any thoughts they can share regarding the quality and integrity of his writings? You can be diplomatic if you wish.

Thanks,

-Charles

cshahar

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Saint-Germain & Karmic Palmistry: Can anyone recommend him?

Post  jeanette on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:41 pm

cshahar wrote:Hi Everyone:
I was interested in getting the book Karmic Palmistry by Jon Saint-Germain. I am hesitating. Firstly the reviews are mixed, and also the author seems like a very flamboyant individual. Yet the topic is very intriguing. Does anyone have any thoughts they can share regarding the quality and integrity of his writings? You can be diplomatic if you wish.

Thanks,

-Charles
Hi Charles, I have not heard of that book, but I have The Practice of Palmistry by Comte de Saint Germain and I do not like it at all, but I don't know if this is the same person.
Jeanette.

jeanette

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Saint-Germain & Karmic Palmistry: Can anyone recommend him?

Post  Martijn (admin) on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:01 pm

jeanette wrote:
cshahar wrote:Hi Everyone:

Thanks,

-Charles
Hi Charles, I have not heard of that book, but I have The Practice of Palmistry by Comte de Saint Germain and I do not like it at all, but I don't know if this is the same person.
Jeanette.
Hello Charles & Jeanette,

For your information: Comte de Saint-Germain is an author who lived in the 19th century; while Jon Saint-Germain is an author from Bloomington (Ohio, US) who is still among us - he was even a member of Sue's PI forum!

By the way, both authors have books that are listed in the 'Amazon palmistry books TOP 100', but Comte de Saint-Germain's work is not popular at all among quite a few experts today. Two of his titles can even be recognized as belonging to a 'controversial' category of books in this field! See:

http://www.handresearch.com/book/palmistry-books-controversial-palm-reading.htm

Sorry Charles, I don't know much about Jon Saint-Germain's books. I can only report that he does write authentic, original books.

(While Comte de Saint-Germain has been accused of plagiarism quite a few times - Ed Campbell has described some of the details about the acquisations in his 'The Encyclopedia of Palmistry' - NOTICE: Ed's book is definitely a recommendation worth for anyone who is interested to read more about how hand reading evolved in time!)

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network

Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Jon Saint-Germain

Post  cshahar on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:34 pm

Hi Martijn:

I did know the difference between the two Saint Germain's. I also knew that the original Saint Germain was somehow controversial. A friend of mine just lent me Runic Palmistry, another book that Jon wrote. I suppose I can judge the quality of the work on this basis.

Thanks for your response,

-Charles

cshahar

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum