Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Relationship line help
Today at 4:26 pm by sree

» CHILDLIKE INNOCENCE
Today at 9:01 am by pravin kumar

» BE EASY ON YOURSELF
Today at 9:00 am by pravin kumar

» A LOGICAL LIFE
Yesterday at 2:06 pm by pravin kumar

» WHAT A GIFT.
Yesterday at 2:05 pm by pravin kumar

» REPEATED MIND PATTERNS.
Yesterday at 1:57 pm by pravin kumar

» Broken Fate Line
Yesterday at 3:24 am by pravin kumar

» Hi this is Chintan from India
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:20 pm by anandchintan14

» ALIGNMENT WITH NOW.
Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:44 pm by pravin kumar

» STUCK IN DEPRESSION.
Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:42 pm by pravin kumar

» SELF CREATED SUFFERING
Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:41 pm by pravin kumar

» TOOLS OF LOVE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:55 pm by pravin kumar

» CARRY ONLY A MESSAGE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:54 pm by pravin kumar

» TWO VERSIONS OF SELF
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:53 pm by pravin kumar

» CHOSING PEACE
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:47 am by pravin kumar

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 41 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 40 Guests

sree

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 293 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:22 am
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5280 registered users
The newest registered user is SURAJ TIWARI

Our users have posted a total of 43479 messages in 4356 subjects
Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2015 with the assistance of Google adsense!


Pointing finger: check this out!



Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Is This a Island in Simian Line?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is This a Island in Simian Line?

Post  Kiran.Katawa on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:03 am

Hi,
The right and left hand have a Simian lines, which is a rare combination to posses.
My qtn is: In the right hand, on the headline, from the point where it gets separated from the life line, till it reaches Apollo finger, there are couple of island formations. Do you consider them as islands or a separation of head/heart lines for that period?(Refer the 3rd pic)





avatar
Kiran.Katawa

Posts : 2003
Join date : 2011-03-07
Age : 37
Location : Bangalore

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This a Island in Simian Line?

Post  Martijn (admin) on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:53 am

Kiran.Katawa wrote:Hi,
The right and left hand have a Simian lines, which is a rare combination to posses.
My qtn is: In the right hand, on the headline, from the point where it gets separated from the life line, till it reaches Apollo finger, there are couple of island formations. Do you consider them as islands or a separation of head/heart lines for that period?(Refer the 3rd pic)


Hello Kiran,

I would not describe a 'simian line in both hands' as a rare combination, because about 30% of the people who have a simian... have it in both hands (= about 1% of the western population has the simian line in both hands, but in some Asian countries this percentage rises to somewhere above 5%).

Regarding your question:

Since a simian can best be understood as a fusion between 2 lines, it is quite natural that this fusion is featured with islands + many other irregularities.

And because in a simian one usually can not speak of where the head- and heartline begin and end, I think applying time-models on simian line will always end up in making arbitrary observations (and consequently: selective observations regarding the validity of the timing models that are used).

(Though I am sure that others may have very different opinions about this matter)

wave

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5211
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This a Island in Simian Line?

Post  Kiran.Katawa on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:13 am

Hi Martijn,
Okay. I somewhere read that its a rare combination. But, I go with your statistics Smile.

Anyways, coming to the island formations - leave apart the timing/positioning.
Should the presence of island be treated as an island or a separation of head/heart line for sometime?!
avatar
Kiran.Katawa

Posts : 2003
Join date : 2011-03-07
Age : 37
Location : Bangalore

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This a Island in Simian Line?

Post  Martijn (admin) on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Kiran.Katawa wrote:Hi Martijn,
Okay. I somewhere read that its a rare combination. But, I go with your statistics Smile.

Anyways, coming to the island formations - leave apart the timing/positioning.
Should the presence of island be treated as an island or a separation of head/heart line for sometime?!

Regarding your last question: I would say that it's much better to speak of just an 'island'.

(Because usually there is no basis to assume that any island in a simian line represents a temporary separation of the heart line and the head line... only in rare cases this could become an appropriate approach to describe the nature of an island, but then both branches of the island should show clear indicators that remind us of the typical features of a heart line and a head line. I must add that I don't observe such indicators in your example, therefore I would prefer to speak of just an 'island')

___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5211
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This a Island in Simian Line?

Post  Martijn (admin) on Tue May 09, 2017 11:20 pm


Hi Kiran, one of these hands has been featured as a small illustration for a simian line in this article of mine:

Family tree of (aberrant) palmar transverse crease variations!


___________________________________________
sunny

Martijn van Mensvoort
Hand researcher & psychologist in The Netherlands (Holland)
Presents: Multi-Perspective Palm Reading + the Global Palm Reading Network
avatar
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Posts : 5211
Join date : 2010-07-23
Location : The Netherlands

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Simiam line

Post  nishaghai on Wed May 10, 2017 11:03 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Kiran.Katawa wrote:Hi,
The right and left hand have a Simian lines, which is a rare combination to posses.
My qtn is: In the right hand, on the headline, from the point where it gets separated from the life line, till it reaches Apollo finger, there are couple of island formations. Do you consider them as islands or a separation of head/heart lines for that period?(Refer the 3rd pic)


Hello Kiran,

I would not describe a 'simian line in both hands' as a rare combination, because about 30% of the people who have a simian... have it in both hands (= about 1% of the western population has the simian line in both hands, but in some Asian countries this percentage rises to somewhere above 5%).

Regarding your question:

Since a simian can best be understood as a fusion between 2 lines, it is quite natural that this fusion is featured with islands + many other irregularities.

And because in a simian one usually can not speak of where the head- and heartline begin and end, I think applying time-models on simian line will always end up in making arbitrary observations (and consequently: selective observations regarding the validity of the timing models that are used).

(Though I am sure that others may have very different opinions about this matter)



wave

Enjoyed reading Thumbs up!

Nisha Ghai
avatar
nishaghai

Posts : 620
Join date : 2010-09-15
Age : 58
Location : New Delhi India

http://www.instituteofpalmistry.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum