Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 49 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 49 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lifera
discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Voting17discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Voting19discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Voting18 
puneet
discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Voting17discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Voting19discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

discussion on hand types via the elements

+6
Felicity Martin
jeanette
Sucom
Martijn (admin)
anu_d
Lynn
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Empty Re: discussion on hand types via the elements

Post  Lynn Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:09 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:[color=darkred]PS. If I compare the ZOOMED version of Ravel's hand with a larger picture of Johnny book (see for example the preview version of Johnny's book at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Spellbinding-Power-Palmistry-Johnny-Fincham/dp/0954723058/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285607705&sr=8-1#reader_0954723058 ) ... I think the major lines of both pictures do not differ much in width.

Yes you're right, bad example on my part, we can't really compare these two hands because we should be looking at the hand at actual size (and we don't know actual size of either!)

(your other request noted - later when I have time).

Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

discussion on hand types via the elements - Page 2 Empty Re: discussion on hand types via the elements

Post  jeanette Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:15 pm

Hi Lynn,
These five elements fire,air,water,earth and ether. How is ether recognised. Is that a psychic hand. Thanks.
Jeanette.
jeanette
jeanette

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:47 pm

hi Jeanette,
Hand shape (and other hand features) are only classified as earth, water, fire, air.
Apart from the thumb, which is labelled as the ether digit, as that is the digit that brings together all the other hand features before they are expressed out into the world. If you look at statues of Buddha, he usually has long thumbs / an extra phalanx to his thumb, as a sign of his understanding of spirit.

Ether is the whole, it can be thought of as energy, qi, chi, life force, spirit, prana, that does not manifest directly to us mortals! Yet it is present everywhere, manifesting through the four elements. To imagine it, think of white light being split by a prism into the colours of the rainbow - the four elements are like the colours (the parts), ether is like the white light (the whole).

Whilst ether is not used in assessing hand features as the other 4 elements are, it comes into 5 level analysis. Everything on the hand can be analysed at 5 levels - earth (physical), water (emotional), fire (creative), air (intellectual), ether (spiritual). So, in an 'ether level' analysis you'd be looking at all the hand features to assess what types of spiritual beliefs & practices the person might be drawn to.

Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanette Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi Lynn,
Thanks very much. That was so very well explained.
Jeanette.
jeanette
jeanette

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:07 pm

Thanks Jeanette, you're welcome flower
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:04 pm

I just remembered, more info here about 5 level analysis
http://www.cheirology.net/basics/index.htm
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanette Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi Lynn,
Thanks so much for all the information about the 5 elements. I was thinking when I was reading it, I think, that in one of Cheiro's books he tells about the Christian Churches belief that the thumb is God, the index Jesus and the middle the Inner Strength. (Father, Son and Holy Ghost) The Holy Trinity. He also said that the Orthodox Churches used these three fingers in Baptisms and Blessings. Anyway, thanks again.
Jeanette.
jeanette
jeanette

Back to top Go down

Post  Felicity Martin Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:52 am

Hi All,

I have always thought of those hands heavily marked with lines- deep- as wood hands, I often see them and they are quite distinct even on young children... so I think of them as a fifth element.

I tend to call hands with many fine lines, be they water or air which dominate, neural. That the people are highly sensitive to outside or inner worries.
I tend to take particular notice if they occur on a earth or fire hand as this generally for me doesn't happen.
An example was a man with strong earth hands with few lines on the right hand but a mess on the left. I asked him whether he was suffering inner turmoil over something, he cried and said his wife had cancer and he was trying to be strong for her so covered his feeling up but it was really getting on top of him.

I have had many incidents like this.

Felicity
Felicity Martin
Felicity Martin

http://www.hallettgalleryfelicitymartin.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:49 am

Has anyone considered using the Chinese classification of elements, water, earth, metal, wood and fire? There are good books on Chinese Facing reading according to this scheme. Could be used to draw analogies.
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:21 am

Lynn,
this is very interesting and useful conversation.
Can you please clarify on the below queries of mine?

Lynn wrote:
lines by form/flow -
earth - absent
fire-straight
air-curved
water-erratic

lines by length/section
earth - shortest, 1/4 of full possible length
water - 1/2
fire - 3/4
air - full possible length

You're saying "Earth-Absent" in the category of 'lines by form/flow'. Does it mean - if a line isn't present, wherever it was supposed to be, its qualities are EARTH in nature? For ex: If there was no Saturn line at all. It means - the qualites related to it are EARTH in nature. So, the person is stable, fixed, rigid in his career and direction?

This isn't matching to what a missing Saturn line would mean. Can you pls clarify?

And also, can you pls elaborate on -"lines by length/section?"

Thank you,
Warm regards,
Kiran
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

http://kmk-palmreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:09 am

hi Kiran

"lines by length/section" - you can divide the full possible length of each line into 4.
The first quarter is the earth section, second is water, 3rd is fire, 4th is air.
eg a fire length air line (headline) would be 3/4 of its full possible length, so would end under fire finger (Apollo), the air section under Mercury is absent.

Form or flow of a line shows the way in which the line is used, the 'style of delivery'. Absence of line - earth doesn't move, so they aren't using it! It is like the river of energy has gone underground, it's not moving, not flowing on the surface, there is no path to follow.
(edit PS) Your description of fate line is more about earth width - quality of use, how fast the river of energy flows .

Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:58 am

Got it Lynn. Thank you.

I can relate the length to heart line and headline.

Can you please explain the same for life line and career line?
For ex: I have a full length life line. So, its a AIR type life line. So, what does it mean?

Thank you,
Warm regards,
Kiran
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:21 pm

hi Kiran. Length of line is quantity of use - the longer the line, the more of that energy you have, the more time you spend in it!

It can be confusing to talk about 'type' of line, because we look at the 4 factors of length, width, form or flow and markings. So yours is an air length lifeline - the longest possible - the more energy and stamina. The type of energy depends on the width of the line. The air section of the earth line can relate to things like your philosophy of lifestyle, your ideas of where you want to go with the line (eg this section is where we might find a travel fork). Similar with fate line, your overview of your direction in life.
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Thank you Lynn. Its getting clear now.

Thank you! Every discussion with you enhances my knowledge/atlealst opens a new direction of thot for me.

Warm regards,
Kiran
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi Lynn,

My air (head) line goes almost all the way across the palm. The last part (ulnar side) is the strongest and clearest. What would the air part of the air line correspond to? Abstractions?

Btw, a palmist in India suggested with time my mind will be strong later in life.

Thanks
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:42 pm

zaobhand wrote:Hi Lynn,

My air (head) line goes almost all the way across the palm. The last part (ulnar side) is the strongest and clearest. What would the air part of the air line correspond to? Abstractions?

Btw, a palmist in India suggested with time my mind will be strong later in life.

Thanks

Hi Zaobhand,
shall I also comment on this? Smile

Its the AIR(abstract, communicative, thinking) part of your AIR line which is very active.
So, it may be deep thoughts, completely absorbed in it(however, no actions on it), communicating-discussing-brainstorming the idea etc. At last a thought, a subject, an idea comes to forefront which was running on the back of your mind for sometime?

Warm regards,
Kiran
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:59 pm

Kiran, good to see you are thinking about it!
Though e.g. brainstorming would be more about the earth section of air line, start of line, start of an idea. Or the water section - connections and associations, bringing ideas together. Communicating and discussing, yes air element is about those things... but really the air section of the air line is on the ulna side of the hand so is more 'inner' stuff.

hi Boaz
Air section of air line is, as Kiran said, deep thoughts, completely absorbed. You spend a lot of time in your air line. You are thinking things through further than someone with a fire length air line, able to project ideas into the future, see the implications and consequences. The longer the headline the more there is to think about, the more information there is to process, a wider panorama of thought. More philosophical than scientific.
I had to look up definition of abstract thought (I guess my fire length headline doesn't understand the concept!) “abstract is what exists in thought or in theory and not in matter or in practice ". Yes, absolutely that is air section of air line.
Then of course we have to see where this air section of your headline is - a straight air line will think differently from one that curves down into luna or pluto mounts.
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:19 am

Hi Kiran and Lynn,

Your descriptions seem to be on mark. I do tend to enjoy deep contemplations and I'm rather careful with actions. Though I'm also very practical but it is more a side that I seem to have developed as an extension, support and experiment to my abstractions. Not sure if this makes sense, difficult to explain. I'll try to post my hands once I get a camera.

Thumb up
Boaz
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:46 am

Thank you Boaz.
Also, I agree with what Indian palmist said: "with time my mind will be strong later in life".
As you know - a line depicts 2 things: Overall structure(length, breadth, depth, form and markings) and the structure at this, present age(approxmately). Since, its strongest and clearest on the last part of it, it can be read that in the later years of your life, you thinking gets stronger and clearer. And to support this, if there are other good indicators in hand like line of Sun, clear line of Career etc, its recognized and rewarded.

Would be interested to look at your palm pics. Also, if possible, request you to write more on how to you think(when you post the pic) in general - so that it can be related to your headline.

Thank you,
Warm regards,
Kiran
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Thank you Kiran,

Makes sense. Will do.

Boaz
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:38 pm

Very informative info on adv.hand shapes at Jena's blog:

http://handanalysisonline.com/how-understanding-advanced-hand-shape-types-indicates-career/
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:56 pm

Thanks for the link Kiran. This is Richard Unger's new system of handshape, which is different from the 5-element system that I learnt.

Actually I find it a bit confusing that he is trying to classify people as 'types' based on handshape by combining things like how many lines they have got, and then including Greek gods for finger length, and a few of D'Arpentigny's hand shapes thrown in! It is a mixture of systems.

With regard to career, in the 5-element system we would look first at hand shape and skin texture, both with regard to elemental qualities of earth, water, fire, air. That gives 16 categories that can be very useful in determining how the person uses their energy and what environment they like to be in, hence which career paths might suit them. (then of course you'd look to the fingerprints and the rest of the hand for more info).
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi Lynn,
But, here also he is using 5-Elemental system only.
He is combining few of the possible cases and giving them more names like

The Loyal soldier (Earth plus air) – likes repetitive work
The Illuminator (fire plus air) – holds up the lamp for others
The Worker bee (Earth plus Fire) – work is important
Morning mist (Water plus Air) – analytical about emotions/writer
The Drama Queen/steam (Water plus Fire) – actress
Lady of the lake/mud (Water plus Earth) – nurse/super nurturer

Is it much differing from 5-E system?

Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:48 pm

it's a different hand shape classification Kiran. as it says on Jenna's blog, Richard uses....

Earth type= a square shaped palm with short fingers
and few lines.

Fire type = uneven shaped palm (like a flame)
short fingers
lots of crackly deep Zorro like lines.

Air type= rectangular /shoebox shape hand
Long fingers, lots of carefully drawn lines

Water type= narrow palms and long fingers.
Lots of fine lines.

whereas in 5 element system, the hand shapes are:
Earth - square palm, short fingers
Fire - rectangular palm, short fingers
Water - rectangular palm (usually longer & narrower than fire), long fingers.
Air - square palm (usually bigger than earth palm), long fingers
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran.Katawa Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:50 am

B.t.w. does your experience say that we get the exact hand shapes as in 5-E system? ( I am concerned of only shape) or will they take little deviation and that's where Richard is deviated from 5E system.
Kiran.Katawa
Kiran.Katawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next