Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Icon_minitime1Yesterday at 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 61 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 61 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47486 messages in 4937 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Voting17Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Voting19Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Voting18 

Top posting users this week
rajashri
Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Voting17Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Voting19Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Voting18 

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system!

+2
Hok
Roosi
6 posters

Go down

Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Empty Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system!

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:16 pm

Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Header_palmistry

What do we know about the history of classic Indian palmistry?

First of all, what you really should know is that the book 'Hasta Samudrika Shastra' was written in the year 3102 B.C. This writing is known as the oldest known writing about hand reading (palmistry) in the world - and concerns a chapter of one of the oldest & most well-known writings in the history of human kind: the Indian Vedas.

In a 400 years old book 'Sariraka Shastra' is described how Vedic stanzas describe that 'Samudrika Shastra' (translated: 'body knowledge') evolved while Lord Vishnu was enjoying his yoga nidra in the company of his consort Lakshmi - on the serpents snake. Then the sea-lord Samudra arrived and began to write down the auspicious marks on the bodies of the divine couple - for the guidance of humanity.

Lord Vishnu + his consort Lakshmi on the serpent snake in the sea:
Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! 130209031333-cobra_5

Unfortunately, the author of this old book is unknown...   Oh...nooo! ... but fortunately...  cheers ... I have a very nice litle translations of the book in lying in from of me, titled: 'Sariraka Sastra: Indian Science of Hand Reading based on the Kartikeyan System' by the well-known palmistry author V.A.K. Ayer.

'Hasta Samudrika Shastra' can literally be translated as: 'body knowledge of the hand' (hasta means 'hand').

NOTICE: Mispellings are seen quite commonly, resulting in: 'hast samudrik shastra', 'hasta samudrik shastra' and 'hast samudrika shastra', etc.

For those who would like to read more about the true origins of Vedic palmistry (+ why you will usually not find it in the street of India), I would like to recommend the following writings presented by Hart de Fouw (US) presentations:

http://vedicvidya.org/palmistry.html

(Your comments + complementary information is welcome!)

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:27 pm; edited 12 times in total (Reason for editing : Outdated link deleted)
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Empty Re: Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system!

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:25 pm

Bump

An example of 'palmistry-abuse' in India was recently described by the Australia palm reader Roslyn Motter:
REPORT: Australian palm reader goes for a palm reading in India!

(Actually, it's a rather amusing story!)
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system! Empty Re: Hasta Samudrika Shastra - the most ancient palmistry system!

Post  Roosi Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:21 am

Hi wave

BTW copy of this book is available In russian palmistry sites Surprised

(Hast Samudrika Shastra: The Indian Science of Hand Reading K. C. Sen (Author), K. G. Saiyidain (Foreword) )
Roosi
Roosi

Back to top Go down

Post  Hok Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:37 am

Roosi wrote:Hi wave

(Hast Samudrika Shastra: The Indian Science of Hand Reading K. C. Sen (Author), K. G. Saiyidain (Foreword) )
Any link to download.

Hok

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:09 am

Hello Roosi,

While mister Sen's book is titled 'Hast Samudrika Shastra' (1969), the content of the book almost completely based on the works of western palmists. So, the title of the book is a bit misleading... because it does not really relate to the ancient 'Hasta Samudrika Shastra'.

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roosi Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:38 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:

Hello Roosi,

While mister Sen's book is titled 'Hast Samudrika Shastra' (1969), the content of the book almost completely based on the works of western palmists. So, the title of the book is a bit misleading... because it does not really relate to the ancient 'Hasta Samudrika Shastra'.

wave

Thanks

I afraid this - it's just too good to be true Crying or Very sad

sunny
Roosi
Roosi

Back to top Go down

Post  Manfred Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:24 pm

Hy Rosi and Martijn,

...just jumped off the airplane this early morning - I would motify Martijn's answer a little bit:
If you like Indian style or "classical" palmistry, K.C. Sen's "Hast Samudrika Shastra" is very worth to study and to know the content.
He knows the older (before the 1950ies) Western palmistry tradition very much. In his book he uses Western and Indian palmistry.
For excample: In the Capter IV: Cheiromancy he wrote about different "marks and signs according to Western school" and about "marks and sings according to Hindu school".
But it wasn't really possible for me to use the second patterns until today.

I think Martijn talked about "Sariraka shastra", translated and issued by V.A.K. Ayer.

Regards
Manfred

Martijn: Please, can you prove it if it's really for free?

de.nitrodownloads.net/signup/Hast_Samudrika_Shastra_by_K_C_Sen.rar

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link edited)

Manfred

http://www.handlesen.de

Back to top Go down

Post  mikebull Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:39 am

Dear Manfred

I am really keen to read this book but it seems to be out of print. I have tried following this link but I cant see how to get to the download . . . i get to the nitrodownloads page but i can't see a reference to the book ... am i missing something?

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link edited)

mikebull

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:15 am

mikebull wrote:
Dear Manfred

I am really keen to read this book but it seems to be out of print. I have tried following this link but I cant see how to get to the download . . . i get to the nitrodownloads page but i can't see a reference to the book ... am i missing something?

Hello mikebull,

Manfred's download-website suggestion (nitrodownloads.net) appears to be no longer in use - since that website now only presents ads (which indicates that the domain name is no longer in use)

wave

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Link edited)
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Manfred Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:08 am

Hello mikebull,

I agree with Martijn. I did the vote one or two years ago.

Regards
Manfred

Manfred

http://www.handlesen.de

Back to top Go down

Post  mikebull Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:19 pm

OK, thank you for the replies

mikebull

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:28 pm

Bump 
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stijn Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:49 pm

You can find the book online here:
https://archive.org/stream/in.ernet.dli.2015.125592/2015.125592.Hast-Samudrika-Shastra_djvu.txt

Stijn

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:13 am

Stijn wrote:You can find the book online here:
https://archive.org/stream/in.ernet.dli.2015.125592/2015.125592.Hast-Samudrika-Shastra_djvu.txt

Hello Stijn,

That is a different book, which was presented in 1960 by K.C. Sen bearing a slightly different title:

''Hast Samudrika Shastra''

(instead of the original title of the ancient work: ''Hasta Samudrika Shastra'')

PS. I have a copy of the book presented by K.C. Sen, the title is a bit misleading because this book is largely build on Western palmistry with many reference to European palmists from the past 200 years.  
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down