Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 45 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 45 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man!

+12
Manfred
guypalm
Sucom
anithapalm
knox gillespie
Kiran.Katawa
Christopher Jones
Parender
Lynn
RishiRahul
Patti
Martijn (admin)
16 posters

Page 36 of 43 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 39 ... 43  Next

Go down

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Empty Re: I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man!

Post  Patti Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:06 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Lynn wrote:
Patti's words - "In reality the entire hand is an outer expression of the inner self."

my words "all aspects of the hand" - (ie the entire hand)
"handshape, skin texture, flexibility, size and shape of fingers and thumbs, nails, knuckles, fingerprints, and the patterns, lines and markings on the palm." - all observable aspects, (ie the outer expression)
"of the individual" - of the inner self

Well Lynn, thanks for explaining your association regarding that quote - now I can understand your association.

(Though I could add... that in my perception the word 'individual' does not refer to the inner world at all - for example: the word 'person' is a likewise and very precise synonym... which reminds us of the word 'persona' that actually more relates to the position of a person in the social perspective of the outer world)

The persona is one's own, not someone else's. It protects the entire Self.... like skin. Your persona is calling yourself a "handresearcher" We see that as your image here. You project your personality or ego through it in 'dark red' letters.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Empty Re: I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man!

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:08 pm

Lynn wrote:
2) I can identify with most of Johnny's innovative vocabulary, apart from a couple of words on the quadrants.
3) Oh yeah, I forgot a word or two in a book that I read 15 years ago. tch,silly me Oh...nooo!

Just because I disagree with some of the things you/Johnny/Dukes said, I don't see it as me being confused or in trouble.

Lynn, those 'couple of words' and those 'word or two' .. actually make a connecting-pair.

And Johnny's use of the words 'outer world', 'public stage' and 'world stage' for the upper ulnar quadrant is a direct violation of your early adopted (classic) principle - describing: radial side = outer world!!

Sorry, I don't see how can one deny this obvious contradiction.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sucom Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:30 pm

Patti said:
I think it's common understanding that the whole hand is viewed as the inner self expressed outwardly.

I have to agree with this myself Patti. I think all hand readers would agree with this.

Sucom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sucom Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:33 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Lynn wrote:
2) I can identify with most of Johnny's innovative vocabulary, apart from a couple of words on the quadrants.
3) Oh yeah, I forgot a word or two in a book that I read 15 years ago. tch,silly me Oh...nooo!

Just because I disagree with some of the things you/Johnny/Dukes said, I don't see it as me being confused or in trouble.

Lynn, those 'couple of words' and those 'word or two' .. actually make a connecting-pair.

And Johnny's use of the words 'outer world', 'public stage' and 'world stage' for the upper ulnar quadrant is a direct violation of your early adopted (classic) principle - describing: radial side = outer world!!

Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that Lynn made a comment about this, suggesting that this was a somewhat one sided view of this area of the hand. I don't believe she agreed with this in whole. My own thoughts are that it is just one aspect of this area - every area comprises of two ends of the same pole.

Sucom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Lynn wrote:

but they are Johnny's words, not mine. and whilst you found the word 'public' in Dukes book associated with air, I have no memory of ever reading it, it was not a principle we used in my C Soc studies. So naturally I can't explain or account for it. But it's not a problem for me,because I don't use it.
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sucom Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:41 pm

Martijn said:
(Though I could add... that in my perception the word 'individual' does not refer to the inner world at all - for example: the word 'person' is a likewise and very precise synonym... which reminds us of the word 'persona' that actually more relates to the position of a person in the social perspective of the outer world)

My problem here is that I would ask "What or who is a person". I could say, 'Who am I?' and I could equally say: 'Who IS I?"

It seems to me that the different arguments on based on two conflicting things here - for example, when I ask 'Who am I?' I could be considering me, the ego, the personality. But if I ask 'Who IS I?' I could be considering the soul as it appears within the ego. These are two very different things and I have felt all along that there has been confusion about spirit and ego which are both very entwined.... and certainly mixed up in this discussion.

The idea that the hand reflects the whole inner self (or essence) is more spiritual in nature. However, I do believe that science and spirit can and should meet, but they will never meet while science refuses to accept that spirit is found within the 'I'.

Sucom

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:02 pm

Sucom wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:
Lynn wrote:

Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that Lynn made a comment about this, suggesting that this was a somewhat one sided view of this area of the hand. I don't believe she agreed with this in whole. My own thoughts are that it is just one aspect of this area - every area comprises of two ends of the same pole.

Sue, these are my thoughts exactly! I just looked in Johnny's book and thought that he had chosen one side to present and ignored the other polarity for the same areas. Which actually makes his definitions only partially accurate.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sucom Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:04 pm

Patti wrote:
Sucom wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:
Lynn wrote:

Sue, these are my thoughts exactly! I just looked in Johnny's book and thought that he had chosen one side to present and ignored the other polarity for the same areas. Which actually makes his definitions only partially accurate.

Partially accurate - Yes, I would agree. Using my own terminology from my previous post, this idea is using just one end of the pole and ignoring the other!

Sucom

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Sucom wrote:Martijn said:

My problem here is that I would ask "What or who is a person". I could say, 'Who am I?' and I could equally say: 'Who IS I?"

It seems to me that the different arguments on based on two conflicting things here - for example, when I ask 'Who am I?' I could be considering me, the ego, the personality. But if I ask 'Who IS I?' I could be considering the soul as it appears within the ego. These are two very different things and I have felt all along that there has been confusion about spirit and ego which are both very entwined.... and certainly mixed up in this discussion.

The idea that the hand reflects the whole inner self (or essence) is more spiritual in nature. However, I do believe that science and spirit can and should meet, but they will never meet while science refuses to accept that spirit is found within the 'I'.

Jung described the Ego as the one that is saying "I".
So the one who is asking "who am I" is the same one (self talking inner voice/ego) that is asking "who IS I".
The part of self that 'hears' the question being asked by the Ego or the voice in the head, is the "IS".

Eckhart Tolle wrote about the difference between this mind that chatters endless and is all about itself and it's viewpoints and principles, is not really the Soul or Inner Self that is listening to this chatter.

I think meditation is about this quieting the chattering mind so that we can 'listen' beyond that.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:52 pm

Patti wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:

Lynn, if you have an idea in your mind (= inner world)... and then write it down a piece of paper (= outer world), wouldn't it make more sense to acknowledge that the idea on the piece of paper is a direct reflection of your inner world?

( lol! )

Made manifest by wrapping her index and thumb around the material pencil and writing on the material paper. The idea came from the ulnar side of the hand (traveled to and fro via the head line etc) and out the radial side into the outer material world. How one expresses their inner self into the outer world.

Patti Thumbs up!
yes the idea or thought is the inner air element, the communication via writing is the outer expression of it. not sure what point you're making Martijn?
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:33 am

Lynn wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:
Lynn wrote:

but they are Johnny's words, not mine. and whilst you found the word 'public' in Dukes book associated with air, I have no memory of ever reading it, it was not a principle we used in my C Soc studies. So naturally I can't explain or account for it. But it's not a problem for me,because I don't use it.

Yes Lynn, we are indeed talking about their words.

But you appear to simply step away from the fact that both Dukes & Fincham associate air with 'public', and Fincham associated both the air quadrant + the air finger with 'public' - though for the finger he only talks about public speaking: cleary an 'outward directed' activity!

By the way, in his new book describes the air quadrant as follows:

"Above this is the area known as the Outer World segment. It relates to the social
world 'out there'
, the media, objective and practical knowledge, the world of
finance and future planning."

Hmmm... even though I had to nuance my earlier adoption (private = inner, public = outer), I think there is actually no way out here: public ALWAYS means outer!

(And remember, additionally Fincham also describes the ulnar mars as the 'outer mars')

NEW MATERIALS FOR CONSUMPTION:

This source reports:

- Fire is a Yang (+) factor within the Yang (+) hemisphere: ++
- Water is a Yin (-) factor withing the Yin (-) hemisphere: - -.

And...

- Earth is a Yang (+) factor within the Yin (-) hemisphere: + -.
- Air is a Yin (-) factor within the Yang (+) hemisphere - +.

Now one could wonder... which element is more 'outward directed': Earth (+ -) or Air (- +)?

The answer is presented on page 66: Air is much more closely positioned to the 'spirit's outbreath' (Yang).

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Yin-ya18

So, I think that this confirms my earlier conclusion: the guidelines presented by Dukes & Fincham perfectly make sense in the perspective of the Yin-Yang philosophy, and Christopher's guideline regarding the he perceives fire & earth as 'more outward' is a clear violation of spiritual principle (because in the Yin-Yang philosoph fire & air are by principle recognized to represent the 'more outward' directed principles!).

And... on top of this I have described that he also showed a lack of understanding in terms of physics by suggesting that fire is more tangible than water... because due to the 'more inward' directed energy of earth & water both elements are more tangible than water.

This is fully confirmed by the so-called 'elemental planes', which describes how the 4 elements manifest:

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Elemen14

Because we can clearly see here confirmed that water (which is linked with: Ice, Salt, Steam & Ooze - all 4 manifestations of water are tangible in the sense of touchable!) is more tangible than fire (which is linked with: Magma, Ash, Smoke & Radiance - only 2 manifestations of air is tangible in the sense of touchable!)

Sorry Lynn, but I can only conclude that Christopher has put you on the wrong track regarding how to understand the 'energy' principle of earth & fire (while Dukes & Fincham's principles regarding the 4 elements look just fine in the perspective of the Yin & Yang philosophy!).

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:52 am

I see no point in going over the same argument. You keep repeating the same things like a needle stuck in a record.
I've already explained the context in which Christopher used earth as the outer manifestation of our physical body. I've explained graduated materiality and yang expressions or manifestations of yin elements. Dukes used the word 'public' for air once and you have clung onto that like it is some law to be obeyed whilst ignoring, or stepping away from, other things that Dukes said several times.
I'm not going over it again.

btw Christopher never said that fire is more tangible than water.
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:30 am

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Inner_10

Lynn, Sue, does this pretty much reflect how you see the overlaying of Inner/Outer with Public/Private (or whatever polarities you choose to place at the poles of radial/ulnar and distal/proximal).
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:31 am

Lynn wrote:
Patti wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:

Lynn, if you have an idea in your mind (= inner world)... and then write it down a piece of paper (= outer world), wouldn't it make more sense to acknowledge that the idea on the piece of paper is a direct reflection of your inner world?

( lol! )

Made manifest by wrapping her index and thumb around the material pencil and writing on the material paper. The idea came from the ulnar side of the hand (traveled to and fro via the head line etc) and out the radial side into the outer material world. How one expresses their inner self into the outer world.

Patti Thumbs up!
yes the idea or thought is the inner air element, the communication via writing is the outer expression of it. not sure what point you're making Martijn?

No Lynn... the outer expression of the words on paper can be recognized as a direct manifestation of the inner world.

Let's focuss a little bit more on the result of writing down thoughts on paper:

First of all, Jennifer described 'writing' (+ journalism, media & newspapers) as Air occupations: the words on paper are itself pure manifestation of Air, and through this manifestation the Air-energy inside a person becomes accessible to other people!

Reading is also air activity! Because the words on paper (= air energy) induce the thoughts of the writer inside the mind of the readers!

Now, my point here is... that I think it would be a mistake not to recognize how the nature of the letters on paper are a direct manifestation of the inner world itself, just like for example the spoken word: Jennifer also describes teaching & consulting as air occupations!

And the same principle is applicable regarding the expression of inner drives, needs & desires to the outer world: these outward manifestations are a direct manifestation of the inner world itself!

That's why the thumb, index finger & a large part of the radial side of the hand should be recognized as representing more directly as a manifestation of the inner world!

And this also directly explains why a long index finger and/or a long thumb are more often seen in introvert people, plus this explains why women tend to have longer index fingers & longer thumbs than men: women tend to have a more developed inner world!

Lynn, for you it only takes a small step to recognize this as a fundamental principle that goes parallel with the example of writing down thoughts on a piece of paper which make the thoughts become accessible to others: a transference of air energy from the mind of one person to the other.

Yes, the paper & ink can be associated with earth (and the body doing the writing itself can be associated with fire)... but the shapes of the ink on the paper is pure Air energy: only accessible for anyone who has enough inner development in order to read, recognize & understand the words.

That's why mathematics is also a typic air activity: always goes via paper, computer or other media!

Thank you!

PS. You have nothing to worry about when you drop that small element in Chirstopher's guideline, and instead focuss a little bit more on Dukes & Fincham's guidelines. Because this concerns actually just a small step for you to understand everything that I have described.

(For others who are not familiar with the elements - or the Ida/Pingala principe - this step is much harder to take... because usually they are more focussed on the planetary archetypes which do not include many clear principles, so in the so-called 'astrology' related perspective there is hardly anything to hold on at all)
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:56 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Yes Lynn, we are indeed talking about their words.

But you appear to simply step away from the fact that both Dukes & Fincham associate air with 'public', and Fincham associated both the air quadrant + the air finger with 'public' - though for the finger he only talks about public speaking: cleary an 'outward directed' activity!

By the way, in his new book describes the air quadrant as follows:

"Above this is the area known as the Outer World segment. It relates to the social
world 'out there'
, the media, objective and practical knowledge, the world of
finance and future planning."

Hmmm... even though I had to nuance my earlier adoption (private = inner, public = outer), I think there is actually no way out here: public ALWAYS means outer!

(And remember, additionally Fincham also describes the ulnar mars as the 'outer mars')

NEW MATERIALS FOR CONSUMPTION:

This source reports:

- Fire is a Yang (+) factor within the Yang (+) hemisphere: ++
- Water is a Yin (-) factor withing the Yin (-) hemisphere: - -.

And...

- Earth is a Yang (+) factor within the Yin (-) hemisphere: + -.
- Air is a Yin (-) factor within the Yang (+) hemisphere - +.

Now one could wonder... which element is more 'outward directed': Earth (+ -) or Air (- +)?

The answer is presented on page 66: Air is much more closely positioned to the 'spirit's outbreath' (Yang).

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Yin-ya18

So, I think that this confirms my earlier conclusion: the guidelines presented by Dukes & Fincham perfectly make sense in the perspective of the Yin-Yang philosophy, and Christopher's guideline regarding the he perceives fire & earth as 'more outward' is a clear violation of spiritual principle (because in the Yin-Yang philosoph fire & air are by principle recognized to represent the 'more outward' directed principles!).

And... on top of this I have described that he also showed a lack of understanding in terms of physics by suggesting that fire is more tangible than water... because due to the 'more inward' directed energy of earth & water both elements are more tangible than water.

This is fully confirmed by the so-called 'elemental planes', which describes how the 4 elements manifest:

Because we can clearly see here confirmed that water (which is linked with: Ice, Salt, Steam & Ooze - all 4 manifestations of water are tangible in the sense of touchable!) is more tangible than fire (which is linked with: Magma, Ash, Smoke & Radiance - only 2 manifestations of air is tangible in the sense of touchable!)

Sorry Lynn, but I can only conclude that Christopher has put you on the wrong track regarding how to understand the 'energy' principle of earth & fire (while Dukes & Fincham's principles regarding the 4 elements look just fine in the perspective of the Yin & Yang philosophy!).

wave

Salt is a mineral, it is not directly related to water. scratch

This chart from an esoteric source has no relation to hands. The hands do not represent elements in quadrants moving elementally/astrologically in a circle. The quadrants are being labeled with elements for symbolic reasons. The symbols are not relevant other than what they represent to an the individual using them.

This is about the same as trying to use tarot to read the hands.

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzLp5u2V7oYL3lygkZflXa_DploTRWN6RubbKzf3qxIrGHsWUX

If you wonder why the tarot - go back to your link where you got your graphic and read the text before and after and you will recognize some of the symbols in the card above.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:14 am

Lynn wrote:I see no point in going over the same argument. You keep repeating the same things like a needle stuck in a record.
I've already explained the context in which Christopher used earth as the outer manifestation of our physical body. I've explained graduated materiality and yang expressions or manifestations of yin elements. Dukes used the word 'public' for air once and you have clung onto that like it is some law to be obeyed whilst ignoring, or stepping away from, other things that Dukes said several times.
I'm not going over it again.

btw Christopher never said that fire is more tangible than water.

Sorry Lynn, in your words I could describe your interpretation of Christopher's words as the needle stuck in a record with only a few words at all - because I think I have explained from many perspectives that Christopher's quadrantical guideline does not make sense in the perspective of the Yin-Yang philosophy.

And you always answered playing this 'mantra-like' record (even though I think you noticed that he did not repeat his quadrantial guideline in many of his other writings - not sure if you described that you have found it at more places in his writings anywhere)

Christopher completely misunderstood what the 'energy' essence of the element earth is about - it's not physical, because the essense should not be associated with what we see at all... my example of the rainbow illustrated why.

But this passage inside the Wikipedia page about the 'Inner Planes' describes this more explicit:

"The Energy Planes are unique in that they are not composed of matter but rather a tangible form of creativeness or destructiveness."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_Plane

And when one starts studying Earth regarding it's tangible aspects - for example as a 'mineral' (on the upper quasi stage) - then one finds for Water 'steam' and for Fire 'radiance'... and the first is more tangible than the latter (and one can see also for the other stages that water energy is more tangible than fire energy... and therefore fire + air are more 'outward directed' than earth + water).

So, the story of the 'inner plances' proofs why Chistopher's quadrantial guideline is based on a fundamental misconception (regarding the whole Yin-Yang philosophy!).

PS. Lynn, I know that you don't like my record... by I claim that it at least includes quite a few consistent (!) songs, written & composed by different sources(!) all refering to the fundamentals of the Yin & Yang philosophy.

Meanwhile you kept your mind focussed on that 'three sentences'-song created by Jones... that does not vibrate well at all with the classic Yin-Yang philosophy, it's a bit like the 'Yin-Yang song' below. Razz

(I think I did my best to explain how I see many features in the elemental system that vibrate very wel with the idea that the thumb represents 'the inner essence of man', but I think it's about to leave things where they are right now in this discussion... I have only one more think to find out before I actually can start writing my article - Very Happy Nope, I still haven't started writing yet)
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:27 am

Patti wrote:

Salt is a mineral, it is not directly related to water. scratch

Patti, I think you mistunderstood how the table works; the principles look more like

- when air becomes light, vacuum will be what's left.
- when water evaporates as steam, salt will be what's left (the ocean is full of salt).
- when earth transforms into mineral, dust will be what's left.
- when fire has become radiance, ash will be what's left.

And regarding the relationship between water and salt:

"Salt for human consumption is produced in different forms: unrefined salt (such as sea salt), refined salt (table salt), and iodized salt. It is a crystalline solid, white, pale pink or light gray in color, normally obtained from sea water or rock deposits."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:37 am

Patti wrote:I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Inner_10

Lynn, Sue, does this pretty much reflect how you see the overlaying of Inner/Outer with Public/Private (or whatever polarities you choose to place at the poles of radial/ulnar and distal/proximal).

Sorry for jumping in Patti...

But haven't you noticed by now?

Private includes 'family', but 'family' is not inner world... it's a part of the outer world.
Therefore we should better not continue using the idea that I earlier proposed to Lynn in the perspective of the dorsal hand vs the inner hand (I proposed: private = inner, but later I found that the picture below shows that this was actually a mistake)

(See the lower right side of the picture: 'family systems' are recognized to be a part of the outer world)

PS. Though I can add that in general 'public = outer' will often work just fine (at least that is how I perceive it right now).

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 1-s2.0-S0740547298000555-gr1
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:44 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Patti wrote:I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Inner_10

Sorry for jumping in Patti...

But haven't you noticed by now?

Private includes 'family', but 'family' is not inner world... it's a part of the outer world.
Therefore we should better not continue using the idea that I earlier proposed to Lynn in the perspective of the dorsal hand vs the inner hand (I proposed: private = inner, but later I found that the picture below shows that this was actually a mistake)

(See the lower right side of the picture: 'family systems' are recognized to be a part of the outer world)

PS. Though I can add that in general 'public = outer' will often work just fine (at least that is how I perceive it right now).

I made this one first, but the colors messed up a bit when I saved it, so I made the one above. I also preferred the darker shades for the inner/ulnar and for the subconscious/radial sides.

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Shades11

Family is a mix of outer and subconscious and it works perfectly being represented on the thenar as the Anima/Animus or the Fire element. Family includes home, hearth, reproduction, and ancestors.

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 Quadra14

Last edited by Patti on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:47 am

Patti wrote:

So the one who is asking "who am I" is the same one (self talking inner voice/ego) that is asking "who IS I".
The part of self that 'hears' the question being asked by the Ego or the voice in the head, is the "IS".

Eckhart Tolle wrote about the difference between this mind that chatters endless and is all about itself and it's viewpoints and principles, is not really the Soul or Inner Self that is listening to this chatter.

I think meditation is about this quieting the chattering mind so that we can 'listen' beyond that.

Hi Sue & Patti,

Whatever who writes or says about the ego... the picture below shows that the ego should most of all be recognized as a part of our inner world.

PS. In my first post of this topic I have described that many authors associated the ego with the thumb (or index finger). But I am sure that most of those authors associated the thumb & index finger with the outer world... so that is where the trouble begins!

I - The thumb represents the inner essence of man! - Page 36 1-s2.0-S0740547298000555-gr1
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:52 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Patti wrote:

Hi Sue & Patti,

Whatever who writes or says about the ego... the picture below shows that the ego should most of all be recognized as a part of our inner world.

PS. In my first post of this topic I have described that many authors associated the ego with the thumb (or index finger). But I am sure that most of those authors associated the thumb & index finger with the outer world... so that is where the trouble begins!

I do not find the entirety of the human psyche in those boxes. In fact, the qualities of life expressed in the boxes are dysfunctional and negative. They speak of deficiencies.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:53 am

Sucom wrote:
Patti wrote:
Sucom wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:
Lynn wrote:

Partially accurate - Yes, I would agree. Using my own terminology from my previous post, this idea is using just one end of the pole and ignoring the other!

Sue, I have no idea what 'polarity' you have in mind. Can you specify?

NOTICE: Johnny's principles are quite similar to Dukes' principles regarding the quadrants. Jennifer has not writting anything about the quadrants inside her book. Christopher's quadrant principles is where much of the troubles in this discussion started.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:01 am

Patti wrote:
I do not find the entirety of the human psyche in those boxes. In fact, the qualities of life expressed in the boxes are dysfunctional and negative. They speak of deficiencies.

Okay, I understand. Tomorrow I will try to find out who solid this model really is (but family = outer world, and ego structure = inner world perfectly makes sense to me).

PS. This is the source where I found the mode:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0740547298000555
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:20 am

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Sucom wrote:
Patti wrote:
Sucom wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:
Lynn wrote:

Sue, I have no idea what 'polarity' you have in mind. Can you specify?

NOTICE: Johnny's principles are quite similar to Dukes' principles regarding the quadrants. Jennifer has not writting anything about the quadrants inside her book. Christopher's quadrant principles is where much of the troubles in this discussion started.

Because of what has come out in this discussion I can no longer recommend Johnny's book "The Spellbinding Power of Palmistry" as a good book for learning how to read hands. I will however suggest it for those who are already experienced and established in the basics and won't be confused by the one-sided nature of some aspects. I never liked Duke's book (although at the time I got it, it was a gift and I was so happy to have such an expensive palmistry book) and had less respect for it after hearing about his reputation as a liar.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  guypalm Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:42 am

Hello Patti,

You wrote:

"Because of what has come out in this discussion I can no longer recommend Johnny's book "The Spellbinding Power of Palmistry" as a good book for learning how to read hands. I will however suggest it for those who are already experienced and established in the basics and won't be confused by the one-sided nature of some aspects. "

Great to know that another professional hand reader (besides Mark Seltman)
shares my view. I would state it this way:

Fincham's books are misleading for beginners & redundant for experienced readers. One may find a few stray useful nuggets but his books are largely old wine in a new bottle with different labels.

guypalm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 43 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 39 ... 43  Next