Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
best way to learn Icon_minitime1Yesterday at 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
best way to learn Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
best way to learn Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
best way to learn Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
best way to learn Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
best way to learn Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
best way to learn Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
best way to learn Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
best way to learn Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
best way to learn Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
best way to learn Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
best way to learn Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
best way to learn Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
best way to learn Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
best way to learn Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 74 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 74 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47486 messages in 4937 subjects
Top posting users this month
rajashri
best way to learn Voting17best way to learn Voting19best way to learn Voting18 

Top posting users this week
rajashri
best way to learn Voting17best way to learn Voting19best way to learn Voting18 

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

best way to learn

4 posters

Go down

best way to learn Empty best way to learn

Post  nuttyprofessor Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:00 am

I direct this question at the seasoned and sincere palmists here, esp. Lynn and Patti.

Martijn has presented a new way of looking at hands, one that is scientifically verified. If you had to do it all over again,how would you have learned palmistry.

Please, don't advise about a personal teacher, because I tried so, and it only undermined my confidence.

nuttyprofessor

Back to top Go down

best way to learn Empty Re: best way to learn

Post  Lynn Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:25 pm

I learned traditional palmistry with a personal teacher, then I read lots of palmistry books for 3 years, then I learned 5-element hand reading with a teacher via correspondence course, then I read every book and article I can find on palmistry and hand analysis. If I had to do it all over again, I think I would do it exactly the same! Maybe you just didn't find the right teacher to suit you.
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  nuttyprofessor Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:18 pm

Thanks for your reply, but it must be pretty confusing, different teachers saying different things. And then there is Martijn, who tells on basis of statistical evidence, that e.g. the head line tells us pretty little about how people think.

I have been studying Fincham several times now, and he seems to me the best source for traditional palmistry, but I am not at all convinced. I think in less extreme terms than Martijn, but things do look rather speculative at times.

nuttyprofessor

Back to top Go down

Post  nuttyprofessor Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 am

In the absence of a further reply from a traditional palmist, I put my question to Martijn. I have the basic knowledge, and want to become practical without making up stories. Can your modern handreading be a stepping stone, or is it still to specific at present.

nuttyprofessor

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:49 am

Hello nuttyprofessor,

Everything depends on what you exactly have in mind.

As you probably know, in my scientific hand reading approach I focus on well defined themes. The results found in my fundamental research nearly always that it usually does take quite a lot of efforts (in terms of combining hand signs) to identify specific psychological or medical conditions from the hand. Actually, the need for combining hand signs probably requires an amount of cognitive activity that may not have high appeal for the the average palmist who's mind has gotten attached with the superficial methods that are typically used in the field of palmistry - where interpretations often even become manifest in the name of a hand sign which implicit suggests that there is no need to combine hand signs at all.

For, in the culture of palmistry the fundamentals are often build on traditional interpretations or religious/philosophic concepts which nearly always suggests that a psychological theme can often be identified from basically just a single hand sign. But the vocabulary used to refer to the themes is typically not well defined at all, which basically makes any theory/interpretation sort of an arbitrary matter... but after identifying a hand sign palmistry theories typically suggests that the meaning can be identified relatively easy. But this is usually not much more than just a matter of belief and the word 'practical' is in the field of palmistry often associated with simple theories.

Now, regarding the process of teaching... I am not sure that I have understood your question properly (e.g. because you apparently worry about 'making up stories').

Nevertheless, I can inform you that in early adulthood I did a 4 year course in 'Diagnostic Hand Analysis' based on an eclectic approach (e.g. with vedic philosophy included) which I experienced to be a very inspiring proces. However, during the process I began my research in order to find out soon that my teacher was not able to assist me to make progress in my research at all... because some of his ideas about hand reading (which I now recognize to reflect basically not much more than a personal belief) turned out to be incompatible with some of my research findings!

So, whether you need a teacher or not highly depends on your own needs & interest. My needs went (far) beyond the interests of my Dutch hand analysis teacher... and so I began developing my research efforts even before I finished the course - at that time I completed the course as the youngest student in the history of the Dutch Academie Antropodynamica (which back then already had a track record of almost 10 years).

I outgrew the teachings that I learned, so I would now make other choices if I could turn back time (be aware: I am talking about the pre-internet days, a time when professor Manning had not even started his 2d:4d digit ratio research).

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Parender Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:07 am

Any person who possesses wealth of common sense can learn this language of palm reading. There are four stages of learning we know i.e. inclination, interest, efficiency and power ((reorganization and money). First of all a deep passion with total dedication and urge is needed to learn this art and science. Read and re-read good books on the subject. Have a proper coaching from any good institute. You would have proper guidance from there about the basic knowledge and course in this regard. It demands your love and attention. Start reading hands from home and friends. Do what you are passionate about otherwise you may be wasting your time, money and energy. How early you would become efficient depends on your urge!

Besides having a deep knowledge on the subject Palmistry, you would have to be familiar with human psychology, human behavior, human body language, human face reading, numerology, astrology and hand writing, Pursuing in the auxiliary activities mentioned above would support you to be efficient in this regard. You can begin learning anytime but, you must be passionate about what you do otherwise you may be wasting your time money and energy!

And all in all, with a wealth of common sense, a ten thousand hours study in any subject or business can make you perfect. Same is the fact with Palmistry. You may be wrong about predictions sometimes in initial stages but don’t have worries, have patience. Perfection depends on your urge, time devoted to serious study and practical experience. Be ready to know what is latest in the field; be up to date as research works are being done. My advice will be to practice, practice and practice because there is no substitute of experience and practice makes a person perfect. Buy some books. You can download many books free of cost from some sights. If you want to rise up in Palmistry or any other Science or for that matter even in life in any career be humble. See great men how humble they are.
Parender
Parender

http://www.enjoylifefoodart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nuttyprofessor Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Science is often sniffed upon by those working in the paranormal domain, and one good reason among bad reasons is that an artificially controlled test environment is not compatible with the spontaneous and, in the case of divination, subjective nature of such phenomena. However, like astrology, and unlike other means of divination, the symbols and signs in palmistry are established by nature, and should lend themselves to a reasonable degree of objectivity, and as such should be suitable for an empirical approach.

It seems that Martijn's approach is as objective as it can get, and I tend to think that it will be best to start from the findings of him and his academic colleagues. So where should I begin?

nuttyprofessor

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:00 pm

nuttyprofessor wrote:Science is often sniffed upon by those working in the paranormal domain, and one good reason among bad reasons is that an artificially controlled test environment is not compatible with the spontaneous and, in the case of divination, subjective nature of such phenomena. However, like astrology, and unlike other means of divination, the symbols and signs in palmistry are established by nature, and should lend themselves to a reasonable degree of objectivity, and as such should be suitable for an empirical approach.

It seems that Martijn's approach is as objective as it can get, and I tend to think that it will be best to start from the findings of him and his academic colleagues. So where should I begin?

Thumbs up!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down