Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Can anyone read it for me?
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am by Jazyrider

» Square on Marriage line
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

» Astro-Palmistry files
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm by Stijn

» unique lines on Saturn mount
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:21 am by rashmi_rh

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 61 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 61 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47490 messages in 4938 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lifera
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Voting17SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Voting19SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Voting18 
puneet
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Voting17SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Voting19SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Voting18 

Top posting users this week
No user

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands!

+7
Sari
jeanette
Felicity Martin
Lynn
nonas_insights
Patti
Martijn (admin)
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Empty SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands!

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:50 pm

SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Schizophrenia-hands-phantom-picture

A 'phantom picture' for the hand in schizophrenia.

Multi-Perspective Palm Reading describes the full perspective for the hand in schizoprenia: all 7 hand-perspectives are involved. However, especially the hand lines & dermatoglyhics plays a significant role!

Schizophrenia is a complex mental disorder which affects about 1% of people worldwide. People who suffer from schizophrenia experience problems perceiving the difference between real and unreal experiences – which results in psychotic experiences. And as a consequence schizophrenic people also are not able to think logically, to have normal emotional responses, and to behave normally in social situations.

SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Schizophrenia-types

The hands become involved as well, because people who have schizophrenia typically also have impaired hand movement coordination. And there is a clear 'link' between other typical body characteristics in schizophrenia (including the elonguation of the mid- and lower face)... because schizophrenics tend to have 'long hands', and often they have lot's of extremely fine lines! (As seen in the picture below)

SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Schizofrenie-lijntjes

Meanwhile, I have now various articles available which should be helpfull to learn & understand how the hand is linked with schizophrenia:

- The following blog post is focussed on the link between the hands & the brains (skull) in schizophrenia:
The language of the hand in Schizophrenia

- There is also a new page about schizophrenia in 'Multi-Perspective Palm Reading' available:
A phantom picture for the hand in schizophrenia!

- And this artcle now presents 36 hand characteristics that have been linked with schizophrenia (e.g. including 2 hand prints of schizophrenics):
How to make a Palm Reading assessment for the hand in schizophrenia?

And finally... the following picture can be used as a point of reference to recognize the essential diffferences between the hand in schizophrenia & the normal hand:
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Common-hands-phantom-picture
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Empty Re: SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands!

Post  Patti Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:41 am

Thanks! I especially like all the resouces and links provided on your web page!
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Empty Re: SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands!

Post  nonas_insights Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:23 am

Remarkable reading Martijn. What research!

Ah and I thought my Sydney line meant that I was to enjoy a very long time frame to use my mental faculties! There's no dementia in my family tree. Thumbs up!
nonas_insights
nonas_insights

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:58 am

Hello Patti & Nona... both of you: thanks for your feedback! Thanks!

PS. Another member of this forum is working on a new study focussed on the hands in a sample of schizophrenics in Israel. I hope she will be able to share her results as well when her study is finished.

(Anat has not posted yet at this forum, but here profile-page is available at my website - including a video report where she talks about PDC, see: http://www.handresearch.com/israel/anat-levy.htm )
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:48 pm

One of my sources in this schizophrenia study concerns an article by Yael Haft-Pomrock (Chirologist and Psychotherapist, Private Practice, Haifa, Israel), titled:
Differences between Schizophrenics and Normal Controls Using Chirological (Hand) Testing

This article comes very close to how hand characteristics are assessed in the field of hand reading.

The article is e.g. featured with a few illustrations of hands of people who suffer from schizophrenia (though unfortunately the quality of those materials is not very good).
SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Image008 SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Image030
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:42 pm

Anat informed me that she is collecting handprints, photos and scans of people who suffer on schizophrenia (and also strives for family members to be included in the study).

Her sample is growing slowly (about 10 cases so far).

Obviously, her project includes a thorough approach... but it will probably take a while before she will be able to present any results.

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Empty A nailfold characteristic in Schizophrenia!

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:43 am

SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Nailfold-plexus-capillaries-blood-vessels

Can you see the little blood vessels in the proximal nailfold in the picture above? Well, this has been known for decades as a typical skin marker for the so-called 'negative symptoms' in schizophrenia - which typically manifest as deficits of normal emotional responses or of other thought processes!

A high level of nailfold plexus visibility (NPV) is rare in the general population (occurring in 3-7% of healthy adults) while the rate of high NPV ranges from 20-70% in populations with schizophrenia. In other populations with severe psychopathology it is only slightly more common than in the general population.

MORE DETAILS:
http://palmreadingperspectives.wordpress.com/2011/06/11/nailfold-blood-vessels-reveal-a-biological-marker-for-schizophrenia/

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:58 am

Martijn, I think your multi-perspective palm reading articles are amazing. What a fantastic innovation! So far, as you know, I checked some of them against palm prints of people that I knew were suffering from diabetes, Down's syndrome and your checklist diagnosed their condition from their hands! I have yet to check the schizophrenia one, but have no reason to doubt it. Thumb up Brilliant!! Thumbs up!

Thanks for this info about blood vessels in the proximal nailfold in schizophrenia, I have never heard about this before.

I must contact Anat to see if she has heard about a previous study about schizophrenia in Israel, done by a lady called Talma Brill who I met at a Cheirological Society weekend seminar on "Mental health & Mental handicap as seen in the hands" in 1998. (I presented a paper about the work of Charlotte Wolff from "The hand in Psychological Diagnosis"). This area of study fascinates me.
Thanks!
Lynn
Lynn

http://www.handanalysis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:15 am

Thanks Lynn... Smile

Regarding this topic I have another interesting thought to add:

A just read that schizophrenia is often featured with 'aggregability' of the red blood cells (= clustering), I think this could partly explain why the blood vessels show up!

Because earlier this week I presented a story about that e.g. 'pallor' nails (pale colour) are known as a marker for a deficiency of red blood cells (especially when it is combined with other pale hand characteristics, such as: pale palms or pale major lines), see:
http://palmreadingperspectives.wordpress.com/2011/06/05/pale-fingernails-lines-palms-may-provide-clues-for-lack-of-red-blood-cells/

PS. Great to hear that you have been able to discover for multiple topics that the guidelines described by 'Multi-Perspective Palm Reading' work quite well!

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Empty Hand clues for schizophrenia are typically found at the tip of the fingers!

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:35 pm

SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Fingertips

Schizophrenia manifests more often than any other disorder at the tips of the fingers!

Guess what? Many studies have revealed that syndromes & diseases become manifest in hand functions & many aspects in the morphology of the hands. Interestingly, a closer look a the studies performed so far indicates that for the hand in schizophrenia the significance of the fingertips is much more important than in other disorders!

The materials indicate that a significant part of the correlations between the hands & schizophrenia is indeed found at the fingertips - involving at least 5 dimensions of the fingertips... while in other disorders typically only 2 dimensions of the fingertips are involved!

This leads to the conclusion: hand clues for schizophrenia are typically found at the tip of the fingers!!!

MORE DETAILS AVAILABLE HERE:
http://palmreadingperspectives.wordpress.com/2011/06/12/fingertip-biometry-fingertips-signal-clues-for-schizophrenia/
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Felicity Martin Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:48 am

Hi Martijn and everyone

Wonderful resource! Thank you Martijn.

I have a friend who is a leading neuro-psychiatrist and I will try and see if he can also start observing these markers. Until recently he was very adverse in his reaction to palm analysis but is now looking at it with a more open mind.

I have mentioned in previous posts one of the classic hands that I am aware of was a Solomon Islander who had remarkable hands, long and sinuous, fine skin, as well as an incredibly short headline and remarkable mystical crosses across his hand. Is there any physiological explanation for these crosses in relation to areas of the brain? Sadly I don't have hand prints of the people (and don't feel I want to renew acquaintance) with whom I have had readings who are suffering severe psychosis as I have to confess it is so easy for them to become fixated on me as I have experienced and this is frightening as well as intimidating.

I am wondering if the lines represent some mathematical quotient for ratios of various centres. Perhaps the left/right lobes activity reflected in the headline/proximal crease for instance. The downward line to the sublunar mount indicating the comparative activity of the right frontal lobe, or the Mount of Venus being one aspect of the Eros/Thanatos in relation to the hypothalamus? Probably sounds silly but a thought.

Another has quite a obvious composite loop on the subthenar mount. But I had at that time no understanding of the use of your check list and will try and use this to be able to give more useful observations in future.

I wonder whether the heavy loading of sugar in our diet aggravates the problem as I remember Rudolph Steiner pointing out many years ago that sugar encourages the aggregation of red blood cells?

Interestingly, many clairvoyants I know have similar characteristics, but not all of the indicators. My father always used to say I had a form of schizophrenia when as a child I spent much time in an imaginary world, but which is more of a capacity for precognition and mediumship- to my great relief I failed the test! - well I hope my father was wrong anyway! My father and sister were doctors of some repute.

I am fascinated as to the blood vessels in the fingertips. I was wondering if there is any change when they are on lithium treatment?

Felicity
Felicity Martin
Felicity Martin

http://www.hallettgalleryfelicitymartin.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:33 pm

Hi Felicity, thank you for your thankful words!

Just in case your friiend the neuro-psychiatrist is interested in how the hand relates to schizophrenia, you can send him a reference to this article (which presents an overview of e.g. 29 studies):
http://www.handresearch.com/diagnostics/schizophrenia-simian-line-palm-reading.htm

Regarding the hands of the Solomonder that you mentioned, the ''long and sinuous, fine skin'' belong to the typical markers in schizophrenia (though one really has to find more than that in order to make a connection with schizophrenia). And yes that's correct: the 'subthenar' dermatoglyphic marker in the 2nd person that you mentioned is another typical marker.

Sorry, I usually do not adress much meaning to 'signs' in general... and I always prefer to actually see the 'signs' before I can comment (because I have the opinion that signs can only be understood thoroughly as 'energy markers'... but a study of the exact structucture is required - though I think these 'energy markers' are very personal, and therefore probably not relevant in the perspective of schizophrenia).

Regarding the brain lobes, I think that only multiple hand characteristics can (potentially) signal brain disorders. I think it is quite unlikely that there is any specific connection between the head line and any part of the brain... because I think at the end, only COMBINATIONS of hand markers can bare significance.

Felicity, regarding your father's comments... I think he may not have been aware that there is huge difference between a child's fantasy & hallucinations in schizophrenia: only in the latter the person is 'suffering' - big difference!

(Maybe it was only your father who suffered on his 'worries' about you....??? Wink )

Finally, regarding your question about the effect of lithium on the visibilty blood vessels... I have hardly any expertise regarding pharmaceutics, but I would not be surprized if it could make the blood vessel problem MORE appearant - though this is only speculation from my side (but I expect that the effects of Lithium could e.g. include a narrowing of the blood vessels).

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:50 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Nailfold-plexus-capillaries-blood-vessels

Can you see the little blood vessels in the proximal nailfold in the picture above? Well, this has been known for decades as a typical skin marker for the so-called 'negative symptoms' in schizophrenia - which typically manifest as deficits of normal emotional responses or of other thought processes!

A high level of nailfold plexus visibility (NPV) is rare in the general population (occurring in 3-7% of healthy adults) while the rate of high NPV ranges from 20-70% in populations with schizophrenia. In other populations with severe psychopathology it is only slightly more common than in the general population.

MORE DETAILS:
http://palmreadingperspectives.wordpress.com/2011/06/11/nailfold-blood-vessels-reveal-a-biological-marker-for-schizophrenia/

Hi Martijn,
In your research on the blood vessels at the proximal nail fold of those with schizophrenia, did you come across the details that may have shown it was self done rather than a condition that appears on it's own.

Recently, I read an article in regards to nervous tics and habits, that some people with nervous and mental disorders push the cuticle back repeatedly to the point of damaging the nail and the cuticle.

Last night I watched an interview with a brilliant news journalist, Christiane Amanpour on CNN. Several times she absent mindedly pushed and rubbed the proximal area of her nails. Most of the time she sat with her elbows on the table and hands folded in front of her, fingers interlocked. Sometimes close ups showed this area slightly pinker than the other portions of the nail. Obviously she's not a disturbed individual - rather more likely a high energy person.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanette Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:13 pm

I was reading all the signs to look for in schizophrenia and unless I missed it I don't see the water droplets mentioned.
jeanette
jeanette

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:32 pm

jeanette wrote:I was reading all the signs to look for in schizophrenia and unless I missed it I don't see the water droplets mentioned.

Hi Jeanette,

Yes, that is correct.

(You are referring to Parender's observation the topic about finger pads like water droplets; despite that Parender's observation has not been confirmed in any study... I think it is an interesting optional observation in the perspective of the fact that quite a few hand markers that have been linked with schizophrenia related to the fingertips. But please be aware: Parender only described 'fingertip droplets' as significant when it is combined with an extra heart line)

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanette Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:58 pm

Thanks Martijin,
I asked Parender if this extra heart line is a crease and not the girdle of venus, but he has not answered.
jeanette
jeanette

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:28 pm

Patti wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Nailfold-plexus-capillaries-blood-vessels

MORE DETAILS:

Hi Martijn,
In your research on the blood vessels at the proximal nail fold of those with schizophrenia, did you come across the details that may have shown it was self done rather than a condition that appears on it's own.

Recently, I read an article in regards to nervous tics and habits, that some people with nervous and mental disorders push the cuticle back repeatedly to the point of damaging the nail and the cuticle.

Last night I watched an interview with a brilliant news journalist, Christiane Amanpour on CNN. Several times she absent mindedly pushed and rubbed the proximal area of her nails. Most of the time she sat with her elbows on the table and hands folded in front of her, fingers interlocked. Sometimes close ups showed this area slightly pinker than the other portions of the nail. Obviously she's not a disturbed individual - rather more likely a high energy person.

Hi Patti,

No, this blood vessel condition is not related to self-injury or nervouis tics. There is no mutilation of the outer skin involved.

NOTICE: The photo may look a bit 'bloodly' but that is not the aspect where this skin condition is all about. The other photos that I featured with the blog post provide a better impression of this skin condition:

SCHIZOPHRENIA - The language of the hands! Nailfold-plexus-examples
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:00 am

Hi Martijn,
Thanks for your response.
The nail folds have a high level of sensitivity so I can understand how this fits in with some schizophrenic behavior.

Have you found any links to information that shows the actual cause?

Another said that it relates to a subtype of schizophrenia:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18514327
"Overall, these results support the hypothesis that high NPV is a marker of risk for a distinct subtype of schizophrenia."

This abstract mentions the heritability factor in immediate family members.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1558900

I wonder if these vessels so close to the surface would also relate to nerves closer to the surface. Are they extra sensitive to outside stimulation - or no particular sensation - like petechiae, do you know?

Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Patti wrote:Hi Martijn,
Thanks for your response.
The nail folds have a high level of sensitivity so I can understand how this fits in with some schizophrenic behavior.

Have you found any links to information that shows the actual cause?

Another said that it relates to a subtype of schizophrenia:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18514327
"Overall, these results support the hypothesis that high NPV is a marker of risk for a distinct subtype of schizophrenia."

This abstract mentions the heritability factor in immediate family members.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1558900

I wonder if these vessels so close to the surface would also relate to nerves closer to the surface. Are they extra sensitive to outside stimulation - or no particular sensation - like petechiae, do you know?

Hi Patti,

Yes, the link between nail fold plexus & schizophrenia is focussed on the so-called 'negative symptoms' - which typically manifest in the cataonic subtype of schizophrenia.

I have found no evidence/indications that nail fold plexus also directly induces a nerve related problem (but I have not studied all details in those stuidies, though it would make sense if there is such a connection).

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Thanks Martijn,
I've only once read the hands of a catatonic schizophrenic (at the request of his mother). He simply allowed me to read his hands in a very surrendering fashion. Didn't speak a word. Seemed to hear me, but no response or reaction. This was about 20 years ago, so I don't recall the hands except for long fingers and knotty knuckles.

I have often seen red swollen cuticles from rubbing, usually on teenagers. Usually nail biters, too.

I have never seen the blood vessels showing as in these images, so I'm thinking they must be representative of severe or extreme cases of people who do not socialize.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi Martijn,
Recently, I have been watching for the markers for schizophrenia in people's hands. Since I am reading the general population of average to above average functioning people and not institutionalized patients, I am aware there will be differences.

Yet, like the Simian and Sydney (and Suwon) these markers for schizophrenia are also found on normal people.

Oddly, over the years, one of the comments I say to people with hands that do not match each other is they 'talk to themselves'. Not exactly 'hearing voices', they know it's their own voice doing the 'self talking'.

Last night for instance, while reading a group of very successful individuals, I read (and photographed) the hands of a woman with arches and loops on one hand and whorls and loops on the other. Both thumbs had rare radial patterns. A large horizontal radial loop on one thumb (looked like an arch at a glance) and a radial peacock on the other. Her creases were different in each hand in the sense of having an open head/life line connection in one and closed in the other as well as other minor differences.

She was quite normal, I didn't ask if schizophrenia or other mental disorders was in the family. Her hands were also strong and not long and narrow.

This is just one example, but I am noticing that mismatched dgs and creases between hands are also common among people who function just fine in the world.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:08 pm

Patti wrote:...
Oddly, over the years, one of the comments I say to people with hands that do not match each other is they 'talk to themselves'. Not exactly 'hearing voices', they know it's their own voice doing the 'self talking'.

Hi Patti,

People who 'talk to themselves' is just common behavior - especially in young children! Nevertheless, despite that it is common behavior.. adults usually avoid to do that (especially when they are not alone).

So, I don't see any connection with schizophrenia - because one can not associate that with psychotic and/or the kind of inappropriate behavior that is typically seen in schizophrenia.

Regarding the fingerprint asymmetries, before one can associate them with schizophrenia.... one requires to observe the presence of other significant characteristics for schizophrenia in multiple perspectives of the hand (including multiple other dermatoglyphic characteristics...!).

By the way, R-L asymmetry in the starting point of the head line is a relatively common hand characteristic - so far I have found no indication that it correlates with schizophrenia.

So, in the perspective of the guidelines that I have presented so far that specific characteristic does not provide an extra clue to associate the fingerprint asymmetries with schizophrenia.

By the way, regarding asymmetries in schizophrenia: AB-ridge count asymmetry (higher than 5) is the only other 'asymmetry-related factor' that I have identified as a significant element for schizophrenia.

In my guidelines for 'the language of the hand in schizophrenia' I have described that regarding the dermatoglyphics one has to find at least 3 of the 10 characteristics that I have listed... before it would make sense to start exploring the other perspectives of the hand, etc.

I think you've described only one... Smile. (Correct?)

Does this make sense with what I have described in my articles so far?

wave

Last edited by Martijn (admin) on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:12 pm

Could you post the 10 factors here on this Topic so we don't have to search for them in the various links you've posted here? Thanks - and then I will answer your question as I was mainly counting the number of obvious differences between the hands such as major creases and dermatoglyphics.
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:08 pm

Sure Patti, the 10 factors that are significant for the dermatoglyphics in schizophrenia are the following:

"• Hand perspective 5 - DERMATOGLYPHICS:

- Fingers: fingerprint type asymmetries (at least 3 out of 5 fingers);
- Fingers: extralimital triradii;
- Palm: ridge dissociation ('string of pearl type').
- Palm: pattern on the mount of venus / mouse thumb (thenar);
- Palm: pattern on mount of mars;
- Palm: Whorl or multiple loops on hypothenar;
- Palm: multiple triradii on the hypothenar;
- Palm: missing c triradius / merging of triradius b and triradius c;
- Palm: abortive c line;
- Palm: large ab ridge count fluctuating asymmetry: [LABRC - RABRC] > 5."

(Copied from: http://www.handresearch.com/diagnostics/schizophrenia-simian-line-palm-reading.htm )

NOTICE: My guidelines state that 3 of these 10 characteristcs require to be present before one can describe them as 'significant for schizophrenia'; also... be aware that at least 3 other perspectives of the hand require to be 'signficant' as well before one can speak of a hand-diagnosis for schizophrenia.
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:21 pm

Would an 'abortive c line' be the same as a tented arch pattern under the ring finger?
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next